Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371087 times)
PeoplePower

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:35:58 PM

does xtrabytes have working innovative technology yet?

like does it have anything new and original now and not just in development?

The short and simple answer to your question is that Xtrabytes is going to be all new and innovative technology and not just a clone of bitcoin. Therefore what they currently have on testnet is new innovative technology. Whether it's working or not, I don't know. I'm not in the testnet at this point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eggsandspamm

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:00:35 AM

The short and simple answer to your question is that Xtrabytes is going to be all new and innovative technology and not just a clone of bitcoin. Therefore what they currently have on testnet is new innovative technology. Whether it's working or not, I don't know. I'm not in the testnet at this point.

We always need more people, feel free to join up!
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:19:08 AM

THE XBY CAMPAIGN IS ABOUT TO START-
SOME REFLECTIONS FROM BOARD DISCUSSION @JHAR
http://xtrabytes.today/cryptocurrency/marketing/xtrabytes-marketing-campaign-reflections/

This is awesome stuff!
Thank you.

I'd like to comment more fully on what I read in that document.  As an XBY investor, and node owner, I must remember that this coin does NOT have typical funding of an ICO.  So, imo, I must help to achieve some of those goals in the marketing objectives section at the end.  Reaching out to people on social media and spreading the work is of vital importance.  I have a few people in mind that I will be contacting this week.  It was suggested to be by the Social Media manager, Vanfly, to give a copy of what I am sending to them.  We only get one shot at making a great first impression.  

I would suggest to any other investors to do the same.  I will share my document with the Board BEFORE sending it along, to ensure that all of my information about XBY is correct.  I think others, who want XBY to succeed should do the same.  It is up to us, as members and holders and investors and kick ass crypto peeps to WORK HARD for the benefit of the coin.

I clearly understand that there are some things on the list that I cannot accomplish.  But take a look at it and ask yourself, what can i help with?  IMO, it's time for the community to go outside of the ANN and the Slack . . we're an echo chamber here.  We already KNOW what we have here with XtraBytes.  Sure, keeping the ANN is bumped, but we need to get EYES on this . . and lets face it, not everyone uses Slack.  And I like this forum, but not everyone uses bitcointalk.  Utilizing Twitter, YouTube, crypto publications, troll boxes, biz, reddit, etc is important.  Having a digital press pack is important.  

I'm sure that the Board is getting certain things finalized.  So, in the coming week, I ask all of you here who are willing to pitch in, to contact your network of people.  Networking is HUGE in this space . . let's rock and roll.  Grin

People relatively new to.crypto still dont understand the power of this forum to get information out virally. 24 hrs I believe is.all it takes from big news on this forum to ripple out to whole.crypto world.

Issue is we arent open source yet so no big players would even think to even comment on us YET. We finish the tech... open source core...nodes live....bittrex....big rise......we are seen as abig riser on cmc....ball rolls furthur.....blogs...twitter...youtube all that crap .people think they need to push when really they are just a conduit for news...then we might even get some mainstream media attention and bigger players talk about us. Thats the system we are in.....and until we get the first few pieces in place I dont care if Donald Trump wears an xby tshirt we wont get the price explosion or.really mass interest people are looking for. In the meantime you can all.build some interest and community but no fireworks yet...

Yep pretty much.  People dont understand that pumping prematurely can hurt a project and make it look like a PnD.  No matter what prices a project pumps too, if the development is not there then it just becomes a game of who dumps first.  Look at chaincoin, pumped by multiple groups and youtubers with zero development and now back to prepump prices.

To me and to anyone who has been around crypto for some years all this stuff is boringly obvious. Im amazed everyday by people spouting stuff that I feel silly to correct them on and then i find out they got into crypto this year. All these newbie posts saying trading channel is great....dont they know no one gives a flying fuck what a newbie account says.

XBY is a quality development not some shitcoin so we got to act like it is. I may be putting a spanner in the works but I have my doubts about releasing a white paper not written by Borz. I hope he was directly involved or it might backfire.
PeoplePower

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:15:23 AM

We always need more people, feel free to join up!

Oh, I am registered for the testnet, but as far as I know the actual testing hasn't been opened to the public at large. Is that not correct?
PeoplePower

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:18:59 AM

All these newbie posts saying trading channel is great....dont they know no one gives a flying fuck what a newbie account says.

Interesting coming from the guy who creates multiple slack accounts pretending to be other people despite having been repeatedly banned on slack himself.
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:16:32 AM

People relatively new to.crypto still dont understand the power of this forum to get information out virally. 24 hrs I believe is.all it takes from big news on this forum to ripple out to whole.crypto world.

Issue is we arent open source yet so no big players would even think to even comment on us YET. We finish the tech... open source core...nodes live....bittrex....big rise......we are seen as abig riser on cmc....ball rolls furthur.....blogs...twitter...youtube all that crap .people think they need to push when really they are just a conduit for news...then we might even get some mainstream media attention and bigger players talk about us. Thats the system we are in.....and until we get the first few pieces in place I dont care if Donald Trump wears an xby tshirt we wont get the price explosion or.really mass interest people are looking for. In the meantime you can all.build some interest and community but no fireworks yet...

I agree with you.  Pretty cut and dry.  Of course this forum is important.  It was suggested to reach out to others in the space about XBY, and that's what I will attempt to do.

I don't like sitting idly by, when I could be doing something

It will still take some time, and when code is open source, nodes are live, and tech is working, it will pretty much speak for itself. 

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Fatoshi

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:46:17 AM

All these newbie posts saying trading channel is great....dont they know no one gives a flying fuck what a newbie account says.

Interesting coming from the guy who creates multiple slack accounts pretending to be other people despite having been repeatedly banned on slack himself.

Cause i kept getting kicked off for basically telling people the truth they didnt want to hear. I have to make new ones cause I wont give my real emails only temp ones to slack as they have in their info they will share info as they wish. Idiots using their real names on slack boasting about pumping and scamming and their trades are morons. Imo

*plus i havent made that many as most accounts prople keep saying was me wasnt. Tompee seems to think any troll now is rocketman.....but then again the guy is as dumb as a rock so I give him some slack.  Grin
PeoplePower

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:38:11 AM

Cause i kept getting kicked off for basically telling people the truth they didnt want to hear. I have to make new ones cause I wont give my real emails only temp ones to slack as they have in their info they will share info as they wish. Idiots using their real names on slack boasting about pumping and scamming and their trades are morons. Imo

*plus i havent made that many as most accounts prople keep saying was me wasnt. Tompee seems to think any troll now is rocketman.....but then again the guy is as dumb as a rock so I give him some slack.  Grin

You keeping getting kicked off because you are rude and offensive. It's not enough for you to express your opinions. You want to control things and have to have things go your way otherwise people are idiots, in your view. I bet that if you moderate your own attitude a little bit you will not keep getting kicked off.

You don't have any inherent right to control or dictate the project or the slack channels, you do understand that, don't you?
Fatoshi

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:41:41 AM

You keeping getting kicked off because you are rude and offensive. It's not enough for you to express your opinions. You want to control things and have to have things go your way otherwise people are idiots, in your view. I bet that if you moderate your own attitude a little bit you will not keep getting kicked off.

You don't have any inherent right to control or dictate the project or the slack channels, you do understand that, don't you?

You were offended.....thats terrible news.

PeoplePower

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:45:07 AM

Just because I'm claiming that you are rude and offensive doesn't mean that I'm personally offended by you. But you really should take a look at yourself and ask why you keep getting kicked out with all of your sock puppet accounts? Because they all have this same mean streak that you have consistently exhibited.
Fatoshi

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:48:59 AM

*plus i havent made that many as most accounts prople keep saying was me wasnt. Tompee seems to think any troll now is rocketman.....but then again the guy is as dumb as a rock so I give him some slack.  Grin

Just because I'm claiming that you are rude and offensive doesn't mean that I'm personally offended by you. But you really should take a look at yourself and ask why you keep getting kicked out with all of your sock puppet accounts? Because they all have this same mean streak that you have consistently exhibited.

Mean...lol. Have you spent anytime in trading slack? Between  talking about screwing hookers buying lambos and doing drugs im pretty sure the almost exclusively grown men there can deal with 'mean' internet comments.
PeoplePower

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:44:08 AM

*plus i havent made that many as most accounts prople keep saying was me wasnt. Tompee seems to think any troll now is rocketman.....but then again the guy is as dumb as a rock so I give him some slack.  Grin

Mean...lol. Have you spent anytime in trading slack? Between  talking about screwing hookers buying lambos and doing drugs im pretty sure the almost exclusively grown men there can deal with 'mean' internet comments.

If you prefer to spend your time being mean, rude and offensive to others, that's your prerogative. Just don't act like a victim when you get booted from the slack.
Fatoshi

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:54:12 AM

I would love to know where you got the idea I was playing the victim.

Lazy thinking...
cedlemercier

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:32:56 AM

REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES

cedlemercier

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:33:33 AM

SEPT 4th MARKETING BLITZ UPDATE

There are several exciting developments in the works that the XTRABYTES community will be very happy to learn about. The website is close, the initial non-technical whitepaper is close and we even have a roadmap on the way. In addition to this, we have a surprise coming that we feel the community will be very excited about with regard to development funding and there will also be some paid advertising and incentives for community members.

What I can tell you is that the Board and the Developers and other assistants are all working very hard and there is a massive amount of discussion happening on how to bring all of this out, in step by step fashion, for the best result and benefit of the XTRABYTES community. All of this discussion has resulted in an inability to properly finalize some key aspects and thus we are going to hold off on releasing the information until we are all satisfied with what we will present to you for the 90 day marketing blitz.

Yes, we understand the desire to get things rolling on this date and we would have liked to also. It is better that we wait and not roll things out prematurely.

On a side note: the next phase of TESTNET is coming soon and will include the PULSE and VITALS system. After that, if the tests go well, Borz will be able to start migrating to the Zoltchain.

Thank you,

Dave, Zoltan and The XTRABYTES Board

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:45:28 PM

Very much looking forward to the release of the whitepaper. It's been long expected by many people I think Smiley

lijoe408

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:49:02 PM

So i took a look at the richlist and the top wallet owns 72M xby?  At first I thought this might be an exchange wallet, but doesn't make sense that they'd have exactly 72M.  Someone out there owns 1/6 the circulating supply?  Am i missing something here? 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Fatoshi

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:59:55 PM

So i took a look at the richlist and the top wallet owns 72M xby?  At first I thought this might be an exchange wallet, but doesn't make sense that they'd have exactly 72M.  Someone out there owns 1/6 the circulating supply?  Am i missing something here?  

Cold wallet exchange. And it's more like 12% as ultimately supply is 650m...even if it's unlikely they will ever be incirculation.
cedlemercier

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:11:25 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 05:26:49 PM by cedlemercier

it is the cold wallet of C-CEX exchange.
in April that wallet had 427m.
So it's just been slowly being redistributed to holders since then and they have a hot wallet too for being able to instantly send you coins from.
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

So i took a look at the richlist and the top wallet owns 72M xby?  At first I thought this might be an exchange wallet, but doesn't make sense that they'd have exactly 72M.  Someone out there owns 1/6 the circulating supply?  Am i missing something here? 
The top wallet at the richlist is of C-cex exchange. Below is the image of the richlist which was posted for the first time.C-cex wallets were kept in maintenance at that time. After the wallets were out of maintenance people withdrew coins to their own wallets and XBY was traded only at C-cex at that time.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: