Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277183 times)
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

Most ppt holders have no clue what they hold. Do you guys also know how to do capital gains tax if you use coinbase in the US? Smh.

Because if you close your position the irs can hold you liable to pay tax if you put a significant amount of money through coinbase they will have their eye on you. You will probably need a professional to sort this out.

Just seems like a ton of you are NOOBS

so what is the problem?
anyone who will do that will have gain some great profits and have the ability to hire any kind of professional to manage the situation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ecivfesrire

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:15:57 PM

Most ppt holders have no clue what they hold. Do you guys also know how to do capital gains tax if you use coinbase in the US? Smh.

Because if you close your position the irs can hold you liable to pay tax if you put a significant amount of money through coinbase they will have their eye on you. You will probably need a professional to sort this out.

so what is the problem?
anyone who will do that will have gain some great profits and have the ability to hire any kind of professional to manage the situation

Short term capital gains is more expensive than long-term capital gains. Long term is defined as being over a year I believe. There's no problem just greater incentive to not kill the golden goose. I bring this up because I think most people are unaware. You also get the benefit of further clarification over time.

It's possible that with crypto clarity that capital gains goes down. We are still in a gray area where we are forced to take the conservative approach and do 15% on all tax events. A tax event is defined as any trade. It's possible that the irs clarifies and that won't be necessary though.

This situation is bringing more legitimacy to the cryptos and with that higher valuations.

Overall I believe it's wiser to hold the asset because pump and dump gives you more tax. Also I don't want to hear about populous sellers getting attacked by irs. It's an additional consideration in our decisions.

Finally more people will move into populous space increasing value of the asset that gives you even more ability to deal with the legal issues. You get to have your cake and eat it too.
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:39:35 PM

so what is the problem?

Short term capital gains is more expensive than long-term capital gains. Long term is defined as being over a year I believe. There's no problem just greater incentive to not kill the golden goose. I bring this up because I think most people are unaware. You also get the benefit of further clarification over time.

It's possible that with crypto clarity that capital gains goes down. We are still in a gray area where we are forced to take the conservative approach and do 15% on all tax events. A tax event is defined as any trade. It's possible that the irs clarifies and that won't be necessary though.

This situation is bringing more legitimacy to the cryptos and with that higher valuations.

Overall I believe it's wiser to hold the asset because pump and dump gives you more tax. Also I don't want to hear about populous sellers getting attacked by irs. It's an additional consideration in our decisions.

Finally more people will move into populous space increasing value of the asset that gives you even more ability to deal with the legal issues. You get to have your cake and eat it too.

i am not a us resident but ecivfesrire, you gave a perfect explanation for this matter.
indeed may become a problem for some investors.

people should pay attention on this

KLN_IT

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:56:30 PM

so what is the problem?

They cannot tax bitcoin because they did not create it. Besides we are in the altcoin market...haha
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

Unfortunately, today it drops to 20% and the price becomes $ 22. I hope prices will skyrocket again and this year could reach $ 50.

It will sky-rocket (don't know when but it will) after reaching 30 bucks the next milestone will be $40 a token. 

PPT will definitely go back up in time, I see this as a good time to stock up on some more while the price has come down. If it dips below $20 I'll be loading up on a lot more PPT. This could very well be the best performing Alt in 2018 so I'm holding and stocking up on more. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:35:00 AM

Unfortunately, today it drops to 20% and the price becomes $ 22. I hope prices will skyrocket again and this year could reach $ 50.

It will sky-rocket (don't know when but it will) after reaching 30 bucks the next milestone will be $40 a token. 

PPT will definitely go back up in time, I see this as a good time to stock up on some more while the price has come down. If it dips below $20 I'll be loading up on a lot more PPT. This could very well be the best performing Alt in 2018 so I'm holding and stocking up on more. 
Great project has also its down times and when it's down that is the time to take advantage of the cheap price.
Definitely it will be successful in the future because it's a big project and we already have Binance as our good exchange site, but it's still ED who's got the highest volume.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:05:34 PM

Great project has also its down times and when it's down that is the time to take advantage of the cheap price.
Definitely it will be successful in the future because it's a big project and we already have Binance as our good exchange site, but it's still ED who's got the highest volume.
the last week binance had the highest volume. maybe now ED because its cheaper over there.
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:15:04 PM

nice pump above $28
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:11:44 PM

nice pump above $28

I am not tempted to sell PPT even at these prices. People are saying it could go well over 100 USD with a working beta in motion and even that is too cheap to sell PPT unless you got thousands of it then if you sell off at that point then you can make a real difference in your lives. I have less than 1k PPT so for me the passive income would be a better bet than selling it even at 100 bucks a piece, because CLIFF HIGH I think mentioned it could well go to 1k USD a piece. I mean who knows really.  Cheesy

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:53:26 PM

nice pump above $28

I am not tempted to sell PPT even at these prices. People are saying it could go well over 100 USD with a working beta in motion and even that is too cheap to sell PPT unless you got thousands of it then if you sell off at that point then you can make a real difference in your lives. I have less than 1k PPT so for me the passive income would be a better bet than selling it even at 100 bucks a piece, because CLIFF HIGH I think mentioned it could well go to 1k USD a piece. I mean who knows really.  Cheesy

This is disruptive concept in accounting space. I think go over 60-70 USD by end of December.

KLN_IT

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:57:49 PM

Here is the dilemma I have....people always say hold for long term or for a x10 or x20 return... so I have achieved such returns.  Now the problem begins...continue to hodl and wait longer for even better returns like the $1000 per coin Clif High is calling for or take the returns in profits and reinvest in other projects to maximize btc potential?

Any suggestions or ideas from some of you guys who have been holding from the ico stage?
KLN_IT

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

nice pump above $28

This is disruptive concept in accounting space. I think go over 60-70 USD by end of December.

Agreed that it is disruptive..but we would have to gain $2.10 per day for the next 20 days for that to happen and thats without any pullbacks.  Doesn't seem feasible in my opinion..however, this is an amazing project and I agree the space is tremendous.  Not attacking your comment here, IMO, just doesn't seem feasible. But who knows, pxt could drop and then beta goes live and bam...moon shot!! So it could happen by all means..who knows! Cmon already Nico...give us all a nice Christmas present this year!!
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:55:40 PM

Crypto Future belongs to altcoins, that can give it`s holders passive income, like populous. The whitepaper contains one of the smartest accounting model i`ve ever seen. Today was seen the highest market cup for Populous $1,165,474,955 USD, it is  in TOP20 on CoinMarketCap site.  A bit of an unexpected price pump, it is because of Beta Launch, PXT Airdrop? Way to go, PPT, way to go.
Real_Ramsey

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:04:00 PM

Here is the dilemma I have....people always say hold for long term or for a x10 or x20 return... so I have achieved such returns.  Now the problem begins...continue to hodl and wait longer for even better returns like the $1000 per coin Clif High is calling for or take the returns in profits and reinvest in other projects to maximize btc potential?

Any suggestions or ideas from some of you guys who have been holding from the ico stage?
There's no point in selling populous when it is highly priced and giving you a decent passive income stream. Here's how I think of the average populous investor:  depending when you bought, it was way more affordable to grab multiple thousand tokens back in the <$5 range. For those in the thousand + token holder club, I believe the idea is to make a doctor's wage every month while being officially retired. If you already have btc, ltc and some others in your portfolio, they'll continue to grow as well being like your savings account while ppt does all the work for you. The passive income will also allow you to have a monthly buying plan for other cryptos if you so choose.
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:06:24 PM

I don't see this $28 as pump but real gradual increase over the time. I also have couple of hundreds of PPT tokens but my expectations will keep me in this project as community member for next year as well. Beta will play vital role now take this one step more higher.
KLN_IT

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:38:46 PM

Quick question for you populous gurus...once the ppt tokens are sent to the platform and converted to pokens and used for x number of days, 30, 60 or 90 etc etc...after the invoice matures and is paid back, we go back to pokens correct not PPT? Ive heard the value you get returned is in pokens and stays as pokens. If this is the case, would you actually ever get your lent PPT tokens back say you decide not to participate in any other factoring of invoices...maybe for speculative reasons?  If you do get your PPT tokens back, would you get the number you actually lent or the value of said tokens assuming there is a higher price? IE:...I lent 100 ppt tokens at 30$ or 3 grand...waited 90 days, got my return back all while ppt has increased in value and is now say 50$ a token..will I get my 100 PPT back or would I get 60 tokens at an inflated price? Hope that makes sense to you guys!!

Thanks,
jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:00:55 PM

nice pump above $28

I've more than 2K PPT but I never ever moved my PPT token outside my own wallet. even PPT price bumpd to more than $100 I don't have an intention to sell my PPT cuz it's worth more than $1K

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
nitrust

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:28:38 PM

I am so sad that I sold 2000 ppt for a loss to get into litecoin. Biggest mistake of my life. I would have 80k worth of ppt. I AM AN IDIOT!
Real_Ramsey

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:53:45 PM

Quick question for you populous gurus...once the ppt tokens are sent to the platform and converted to pokens and used for x number of days, 30, 60 or 90 etc etc...after the invoice matures and is paid back, we go back to pokens correct not PPT? Ive heard the value you get returned is in pokens and stays as pokens. If this is the case, would you actually ever get your lent PPT tokens back say you decide not to participate in any other factoring of invoices...maybe for speculative reasons?  If you do get your PPT tokens back, would you get the number you actually lent or the value of said tokens assuming there is a higher price? IE:...I lent 100 ppt tokens at 30$ or 3 grand...waited 90 days, got my return back all while ppt has increased in value and is now say 50$ a token..will I get my 100 PPT back or would I get 60 tokens at an inflated price? Hope that makes sense to you guys!!

Thanks,
Yes, initially they're converted to pokens to service the invoice contract and then you get your passive income in pokens but you get all of your ppt back. My only question is, will their exchange allow me to convert this monthly poken income to GBP, USD or any crypto I wish or will we have to do something extra to redeem our income?
Real_Ramsey

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:55:50 PM

I am so sad that I sold 2000 ppt for a loss to get into litecoin. Biggest mistake of my life. I would have 80k worth of ppt. I AM AN IDIOT!
I think that was a mistake, but at least you got litecoin for it rather than selling for cash and losing out on future crypto rises. LTC has a very bright future, yet no passive income.
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 347 »
  Print  

Jump to: