Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:15:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ħ] ►HYPER v2.0►Game Currency ►Space MMO►Game Servers ►Community Driven►AD ASTRA  (Read 79060 times)
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:26:00 PM

What inflation? Now the price of a coin of HYPER is equal to zero! God grant HYPER will revive! It is impossible to change the principles!!! It is unambiguously necessary to do 5 percent A MONTH!!! It is that motive which attracts people to hold and attract new people!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saocodonls95

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:10:23 PM

A revival for HYPER! Hope to be nice and successful!
No coNnecT

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

Where I can buy old Hyper, there are any exchangers?
yomamanodros

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2017, 04:10:52 PM by yomamanodros

Solutions to above possibilities,
1. No solution
2. Sign a message from BTC address 1DAXoynA9hMQ1fY6nPeBCA2YnmLjptaaev or DOGE address DM6XDBtWNrDHmywfHfuJ6XYn9eoPwcfvSf to prove ownership of account
3. 20,500 will be sent to desired address

That is an old multibit wallet that I haven't used in years, but I'm sure I can figure out how to sign a message.  

My reasoning for wanting to keep hidden isn't for a $105 dispute, it's the fact that more info can be gained from that transaction, like my full wallet size.  Do you post your exact holdings on a public board? Maybe no one else cares about stuff like that but my financial business is no one elses business.

edit- alright message sent

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:08:28 PM

I can appreciate the desire to limit the supply but I am not a fan of 5% a year. It may as well be nothing in my opinion.
This kind of rate is for coins with 100 million+ in supply, not Hyper.

Lets not be too quick to keep the current mistake made in stake rates because its easier to leave it as it is. Again, I can see the reasoning behind the suggestion but the drop from 5% a month to 5% a year changes the coins fundamentals completely.

20% a year might keep me interested, 5%.. meh. I dont think i'd even bother, I just dont get any joy from obtaining meaningless stakes of dust in my wallet.

I can see your point too in enjoying large stakes, but what is the point of these large stakes if over time the coin becomes worthless? All the high stake coins like HBN are trading for peanuts now, so unfortunately i think it has been proven that high stake coins become worthless over time.

It was a mistake the wallet has this stake % rate, but I am very happy with the mistake.

If we have a poll I want to run it in such a way that each user only gets 1 vote, perhaps they need to send a vote from their wallet as a message. I will think about this and let you know how we will do it.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:20:09 PM

Solutions to above possibilities,
1. No solution
2. Sign a message from BTC address 1DAXoynA9hMQ1fY6nPeBCA2YnmLjptaaev or DOGE address DM6XDBtWNrDHmywfHfuJ6XYn9eoPwcfvSf to prove ownership of account
3. 20,500 will be sent to desired address

That is an old multibit wallet that I haven't used in years, but I'm sure I can figure out how to sign a message.  

My reasoning for wanting to keep hidden isn't for a $105 dispute, it's the fact that more info can be gained from that transaction, like my full wallet size.  Do you post your exact holdings on a public board? Maybe no one else cares about stuff like that but my financial business is no one elses business.

edit- alright message sent

I do actually share my holding information and have for years. I own about $10,000 in cryptocurrencies with the largest being BTC at just over 4 BTC. Assets I own total another $10,000 bringing my worth to around $20,000.

This is a community matter and the community has to know who it is going to make a decision on. They cannot do this if they don't know who they are even talking about. It is the communities business because it is their coins at stake.

I received the PM and will see if crazyjack can verify it as my wallet is offline, thanks.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:15:24 PM

Where I can buy old Hyper, there are any exchangers?

There is no market exchange for someone to purchase old HYPER anymore.

@Community, please give a response as to whether we would like to keep the current PoS reward at 5%/year or to have it changed to 5%/month.  The developer made a mistake and put the wrong stake percent in for the next 3 years.

Its really hard to say now what is the best way to handle this particular situation for HYPER. All your arguments about each situations are good and solid enough for each way HYPER will go. As fair as I can see, the current specification goes in favor of HYPER in long term view. I've already told CryptoDatabase my point of view about that and it hasn't changed since then.

As far as like this new specifications, personally i can not pass what i have stood for in the past in that voting poll. Stake rates and periods should stay the same or at least should not differ that much from the old HYPER version.

So i am against this 5% annual stake rate for another 3 years, although this is against HYPER but its in favor of my integrity.

I will put together a simple voting poll where we will be able to cast our votes. Although i don't like putting this question to vote again, cause it has been already decided in the past. But...i don't matter, community does.

But again, this is not something relevant that has to be changed right now. It can wait.

I recommend firstly we collect our votes, then end this swap process and after a swap we either fork HYPER to new version or not.

And in the same time, it would be good to ask if HYPER can get any compensation, a reimbursement maybe, from developer not delivering a product as it was planned.

Owner of the project! Read my last messages! You had to record claims... And to lay down the conditions since April 21!!!

I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

I agree with CryptoDatabase.

pressing207, maybe you should do posting in your native language and we will, with the help of appropiate tool for translation, able to understand you completely. No offense, all nationality are very much welcome. The sad part of not writing properly is a loss of essential informations you are trying to pass on us. Believe me, english isn't my first language either, so i am struggling sometimes putting right words together to make any sense.

I received the PM and will see if crazyjack can verify it as my wallet is offline, thanks.

I will try to verify it as soon i get an old HYPER wallet online again.

Anyway...why are my posts always so long, i hope you don't fall asleep while reading.
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:50:44 AM

I can appreciate the desire to limit the supply but I am not a fan of 5% a year. It may as well be nothing in my opinion.
This kind of rate is for coins with 100 million+ in supply, not Hyper.

Lets not be too quick to keep the current mistake made in stake rates because its easier to leave it as it is. Again, I can see the reasoning behind the suggestion but the drop from 5% a month to 5% a year changes the coins fundamentals completely.

20% a year might keep me interested, 5%.. meh. I dont think i'd even bother, I just dont get any joy from obtaining meaningless stakes of dust in my wallet.

I can see your point too in enjoying large stakes, but what is the point of these large stakes if over time the coin becomes worthless? All the high stake coins like HBN are trading for peanuts now, so unfortunately i think it has been proven that high stake coins become worthless over time.

It was a mistake the wallet has this stake % rate, but I am very happy with the mistake.

If we have a poll I want to run it in such a way that each user only gets 1 vote, perhaps they need to send a vote from their wallet as a message. I will think about this and let you know how we will do it.

Coins like HBN, CAP, TRK, TEK had huge user bases and they were all due to the generous staking rewards, all were set way above the stake rate of HYPER. The mistakes they made was to leave them running for so long with a high stake reward, the devs no longer work on the coins and it they slowly die due to massive inflation.
We could take lessons from these coins, Hyper is still at a low supply and needs as many users to jump on board as possible during the rebirth. I dont want to inflate it to the numbers these coins reached.

Perhaps a simpler short term plan is something we could think about. Something like 20% for a year, then 10% for a year.
This will give us a supply around the 10 million mark in two years time and that is if we all stake at MAX, which we wont. We could then move to 5% forevermore. Hopefully by then, HYPER has a whole bunch of other uses that will attract new users. Right now, it doesn't.
The current setup of 5% for 3 years, then rising to 10% makes no sense to me anyway.

Good discussion either way chaps.

crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:04:03 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 09:42:21 AM by crazyjack

So i am against this 5% annual stake rate for another 3 years, although this is against HYPER but its in favor of my integrity.

I will put together a simple voting poll where we will be able to cast our votes. Although i don't like putting this question to vote again, cause it has been already decided in the past. But...i don't matter, community does.

But again, this is not something relevant that has to be changed right now. It can wait.

Ok, guys, i put together this voting poll, where you can express your opinion about our little problem, as said, we already voted about that, but that was before new wallet came.

Some would prefer and stay with new "mistakenly" added specification, some would like to see old specification back.

Anyway, express your feelings as you wish. But keep in mind that even along the road to AD ASTRA ("to the stars") many things happen (bad and good) and we all have to adapt to new situation. Just take a look at APOLLO 13 for an example.

Click on picture to vote
(it will take you to "Google Forms")

And RESPONSES can be seen here.

foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:16:41 AM

Coins like HBN, CAP, TRK, TEK had huge user bases and they were all due to the generous staking rewards, all were set way above the stake rate of HYPER. The mistakes they made was to leave them running for so long with a high stake reward, the devs no longer work on the coins and it they slowly die due to massive inflation.
We could take lessons from these coins, Hyper is still at a low supply and needs as many users to jump on board as possible during the rebirth. I dont want to inflate it to the numbers these coins reached.

Perhaps a simpler short term plan is something we could think about. Something like 20% for a year, then 10% for a year.
This will give us a supply around the 10 million mark in two years time and that is if we all stake at MAX, which we wont. We could then move to 5% forevermore. Hopefully by then, HYPER has a whole bunch of other uses that will attract new users. Right now, it doesn't.
The current setup of 5% for 3 years, then rising to 10% makes no sense to me anyway.

Good discussion either way chaps.
I completely agree with Higgbosunblues.
This can be an intermediate solution.

cryptoskibum

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:20:24 PM

I also agree with HiggsBosunBlues and foroplus regarding the stake increase going from 5% to 10%.

One of the things that made HYPER popular in the beginning was the generous staking rewards. If we are going to make a change, it shouldn't be because a developer made a mistake, it should be because the new staking rewards are going to make HYPER unique and potentially more valuable.

The healthy discussion is good for the community and I think it'll only make us stronger and more likely to be successful.
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:12:12 PM

Almost missed this one (thanks to crazyjack for the PM), HYPER was a great one to test with new wallet updates & will have to watch how the new chain turns out  Wink

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

Almost missed this one (thanks to crazyjack for the PM), HYPER was a great one to test with new wallet updates & will have to watch how the new chain turns out  Wink

I am glad i woke you up from the deep Hyper-hibernation state (damn, this sounds good).

You are welcome to test new chain, by the way, it works flawlessly. Many stuff need to be added but first, swap process is a priority number one.

If you need any help let me know? Just to satisfy my curiosity, when was the last time you open your (old) HYPER wallet?  Grin

Anyway, some additional changes might happened in the future, nothing seriously, take a look at this voting poll and leave your vote if you have not yet.

Click on picture to vote

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:30:40 PM

good to see something to poll will try it , still trying to download the last 150 k blocks
from old hyper wallet pc starting to cracking , a little , under the pressure .
Looking to understand better Erc 20 ETh tokens it can be interesting ,
this site is my starting point : https://etherscripter.com/
but i'm sure to make a coin swappable is needed an api or something more
complex like a relay or something.

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:56:40 PM

good to see something to poll will try it , still trying to download the last 150 k blocks
from old hyper wallet pc starting to cracking , a little , under the pressure .
Looking to understand better Erc 20 ETh tokens it can be interesting ,
this site is my starting point : https://etherscripter.com/
but i'm sure to make a coin swappable is needed an api or something more
complex like a relay or something.

If you are 150k blocks behind it means that you are approx. 40-45 day behind blockchain. Yes, old wallet is getting slower and slower each day passing by. Even i have problems now with sync, seems to me its getting worse every day.

I encourage others to start your old wallet from time to time, just for some more time in future, for the sake of supporting old blockchain, so other will be able to swap their coin. Dont wait to swap until very end..

SpiralOut

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:17:20 AM

Dev should fix the mistake.

Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:56:08 AM

I am glad i woke you up from the deep Hyper-hibernation state (damn, this sounds good).

You are welcome to test new chain, by the way, it works flawlessly. Many stuff need to be added but first, swap process is a priority number one.

If you need any help let me know? Just to satisfy my curiosity, when was the last time you open your (old) HYPER wallet?  Grin

Anyway, some additional changes might happened in the future, nothing seriously, take a look at this voting poll and leave your vote if you have not yet.

Click on picture to vote

I have opened my old HYPER wallet a few times last year, but with a long wait to sync & giant blockchain. I just couldn't use HYPER, a new chain with less time & resources are great. I did test the Dragon Knight game for a day or two, but other than that only tested the version 1 back in 2014-2015 & am now going to test the version 2  Wink

//edit: anyone have a peer to connect too, the block explorer is 503 service unavailable right now & am 0 (In: 0 / Out: 0) without a addnode in the configuration file?

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 08:59:58 AM

Almost missed this one (thanks to crazyjack for the PM), HYPER was a great one to test with new wallet updates & will have to watch how the new chain turns out  Wink

If you need any help let me know? Just to satisfy my curiosity, when was the last time you open your (old) HYPER wallet?  Grin

Click on picture to vote

I have opened my old HYPER wallet a few times last year, but with a long wait to sync & giant blockchain. I just couldn't use HYPER, a new chain with less time & resources are great. I did test the Dragon Knight game for a day or two, but other than that only tested the version 1 back in 2014-2015 & am now going to test the version 2  Wink

DKV2 closed down about a month ago, loss of data. I'm working on a new game though that will use much less resources and will be faster.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:18:43 AM

I have opened my old HYPER wallet a few times last year, but with a long wait to sync & giant blockchain. I just couldn't use HYPER, a new chain with less time & resources are great. I did test the Dragon Knight game for a day or two, but other than that only tested the version 1 back in 2014-2015 & am now going to test the version 2  Wink

//edit: anyone have a peer to connect too, the block explorer is 503 service unavailable right now & am 0 (In: 0 / Out: 0) without a addnode in the configuration file?

Blockchain at my side is fully synced, so if you pass me you old wallet file I can swap your coins without a hassle, if you have any left. Otherwise welcome back as said before, new wallet works great.

And as you already found out http://hyper.thecryptochat.net/ is currently inaccessible. We will just have to wait to be back online.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:21:02 AM

DKV2 closed down about a month ago, loss of data. I'm working on a new game though that will use much less resources and will be faster.

Yeah I read that last week or two, it was a fun game & looking forward to testing the new one in the future.

Blockchain at my side is fully synced, so if you pass me you old wallet file I can swap your coins without a hassle, if you have any left. Otherwise welcome back as said before, new wallet works great.

And as you already found out http://hyper.thecryptochat.net/ is currently inaccessible. We will just have to wait to be back online.

Thanks crazyjack

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: