Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 - 7 GPU [SOLVED]  (Read 38808 times)
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:14:26 PM

Blaaaaaaaah this motherboard

Now I can't even get past the Bios screen, doesn't even let me enter win10 with 0 GPU's installed.

?? Anyone

Mine was finicky until I manually set the RAM speed to 2133.  Also if you use a single stick make sure it's in the 2nd slot from the CPU.

I can't even get the board to run with more than 4 GPU.  If I add a 5th GPU then 3 of the 5 GPU's give error code 12 in device manager.

I have spent literally 3 days trying to get this working and I am sick of this motherboard already.   I feel like I have tried everything.

Tried several bios versions, 4g encoding, PCI Auto, Gen1, Gen2, Gen 3, diff risers, swapped ram, swapped cards, changed order of USB risers,  tried everything listed in this thread and nothing works.

And I have 2 of them.   Undecided

About to just write it off as a loss at this point.   All because I wanted to run 7 GPUs.   Bleh.
jotay

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

Does the display show artifacs when Above 4G Decoding set to Enabled is normal? I turn off the computer when I see them should I wait?

Huh

If not active 4G when connecting the fifth GPU appears a memory error, did it happen?

Huh

Can somebody film the startup of the miner?

Dont worry for the weird screen .... it is normal in this pice of S&%t motherboard when you enable the 4g decoding
jotay

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:50:59 PM

try reinstall win10 using any amdgpu as video out from beginning.

Just tried it. Plugged in a single GPU and use that as video output, there's no image on my screen if I enable Windows 10 mode in bios. If I disable windows 10 whql support in bios, it works fine but I can't boot into a windows install or windows itself. If I plug the monitor directly into the onboard hdmi, then everything works fine.

I disabled fast boot and it seems to be working!! I get proper video output from one gpu shown on my monitor with 7 gpus hooked up. However now Device Manager only shows 5 GPUs instead of 7.

Bios settings same as before. All Gen 1 with 4G Enabled
Actually, everyone says that GEN must be "2", but i have the same problem as you - Device Manager shows only 5 GPUs no matter what.

you should try this: https://youtu.be/fTusQ0omj8M
jotay

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:52:37 PM

Now I can't even get past the Bios screen, doesn't even let me enter win10 with 0 GPU's installed.

?? Anyone

Mine was finicky until I manually set the RAM speed to 2133.  Also if you use a single stick make sure it's in the 2nd slot from the CPU.

I can't even get the board to run with more than 4 GPU.  If I add a 5th GPU then 3 of the 5 GPU's give error code 12 in device manager.

I have spent literally 3 days trying to get this working and I am sick of this motherboard already.   I feel like I have tried everything.

Tried several bios versions, 4g encoding, PCI Auto, Gen1, Gen2, Gen 3, diff risers, swapped ram, swapped cards, changed order of USB risers,  tried everything listed in this thread and nothing works.

About to just write it off as a loss at this point.   All because I wanted to run 7 GPUs.   Bleh.

this work for me:

you can use simplemining.net -> bios 1.D version, 4G Decoding set to Enabled, PEG 0 and PEG 1 set to auto, Windows 8.1 / 10 = "Disabled"; Windows 7 = "Disabled"... Important: enable the integrate video and connect the monitor to him. ---- 7 x Rx470: Dual mining ETH-PAsc = 148.74 MH/s 2379.91 MH/s

hope this work for you.  Grin
ltcsprite

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:01:50 PM

?? Anyone

this work for me:

you can use simplemining.net -> bios 1.D version, 4G Decoding set to Enabled, PEG 0 and PEG 1 set to auto, Windows 8.1 / 10 = "Disabled"; Windows 7 = "Disabled"... Important: enable the integrate video and connect the monitor to him. ---- 7 x Rx470: Dual mining ETH-PAsc = 148.74 MH/s 2379.91 MH/s

hope this work for you.  Grin

Tried it, every time i enable 4g Decoding it reboots to a black screen, nothing displayed.  Even with 0 GPU's installed connected to onboard video once i enable 4g Decoding it will not boot.  It just goes to the MSI flash screen and then a black screen.
ltcsprite

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:37:08 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 12:22:42 AM by ltcsprite

?? Anyone

Tried several bios versions, 4g encoding, PCI Auto, Gen1, Gen2, Gen 3, diff risers, swapped ram, swapped cards, changed order of USB risers,  tried everything listed in this thread and nothing works.

this work for me:

hope this work for you.  Grin

You're my hero.  

That bold part did it.  I enabled onboard video and connected monitor to onboard video, disabled 4g encoding, removed all GPU's

Ran DDU, re-installed drivers, rebooted into Bios, enabled 4g encoding and shutdown.   Re-installed GPU's and fired it up.

We see all 6 cards now.

Thank you!   I have to wait til I get some other cables to add the 7th.
Beecoelho

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:49:19 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 07:15:11 AM by Beecoelho

I got mine to work with 6 rx570 sapphire pulse (hynix). When I was undervolting my cards I set one to 160mV accidentally. My computer froze and now I cant get all to work again. The maximum now is 5 cards, if I plug 6 it shows up bios screen but after that there is no video image. I already flashed bios again but had no lucky. I might reinstall windows later to try to fix it, but till now no lucky. Any suggestions?
Ps.: All cards working if plugged separately.

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK! Downloaded display driver uninstaller and removed all my drivers, after that i got screen image again!
neccccro

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:28:16 AM

Hi, I would like to say that is not true about CPU.
I have Intel Celeron G3930 - it's Kaby Lake and I run on 7gpus (rx480-8g).

Hey can you confirm you got this working on this board (gaming m5) with Celeron G3930?

I have this CPU and I have just had a different board cancelled on me so was thinking about this as a replacement, but a lot of people seem to have trouble with it especially with Kabylake processors.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

I cant confirm it will be working on gaming m5 mobo, i have MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON and second mobo is ASUS PRIME Z270-P where this CPU working fine.
DeepTerrfici

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

Data Collecting Textile Circuitry

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:32:24 PM

I'm running same mobo as a lot of you guys. having trouble with my hashrate though. can't figure it out.

msi z170a gaming m5 motherboard
six 6gb msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6g GPUs (all on risers)
pentium g4400 3.3ghz
60gb 500mb/s solid state
8gb ram
1500w PSU

windows 10 pro
using claymore and ethermine.org

I was using msi afterburner, but uninstalled it to try and get these working properly before i worry about overclocking. It was bringing up my total hashrate from about 15.5 to 17.5mh/s.

My problem is: No matter what I do, what bios (either 1.D or the latest May release), whether I'm getting all 6 cards, or just 4, they are all hashing at about 2.8 to 2.9mh/s when overclocked.

I've run DDU and reinstalled bios and drivers multiple times. There are two mobo drivers I could not install:

1. The Intel Software Guard Extensions Platform Software gives me this message, "A required privilege is not held by the installer. Please run the installer from an Administrator Command Prompt. Install will cancel."
I could not figure out how to run this from the Administrator Command Prompt.

2. The Intel Serial IO gives me this message, "The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error: This platform is not supported."

I did not download and install the On-board Audio Drivers. Is this a mistake?

I have not downloaded and installed any of the utilities from MSI's site. Is that part of my mistake? Which ones do I need?

Has anyone out there had a similar problem? How did you get these cards up to around 20mh/s? Anyone have any ideas of what I have done incorrectly?

radiera

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

ॐ http://goaco.in ॐ

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:06:36 AM

help, i want use skylake cpu it can use 7 gpu or just 4 ? i read in blog,, they can use 8 gpu with skylake cpu, ty

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
PoW, Masternodes, ASIC Resistance, NeoScrypt
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ⚫ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER         |        ANN THREAD        |         TELEGRAM
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████▀▀   ████▄
▄████████████▀   ██ ▐█████▄
████████▀▀▀▀       ▄███████
██████▀           █████████
██████▄ ▄▄▄     ▄██████████
▀███████████    ██████████▀
 ▀█████████▌  ▄██████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
 ▄████████▌     ▐████████▄
▄████████▄       ▄████████▄
████████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████
████████▀  ▄   ▄  ▀████████
███████    ▐▀ ▀▌    ███████
▀██████     ▌ ▐     ██████▀
 ▀██████▄         ▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀  ▀███████▀  ▀████▄
▄█████▄  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█████▄
█████ ▀▀▀█▌     ▐█▀▀▀ █████
█████   ▄▄█▄   ▄█▄▄   █████
████████    ▀▀▀    ████████
▀██████             ██████▀
 ▀█████             █████▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:43:45 AM

help, i want use skylake cpu it can use 7 gpu or just 4 ? i read in blog,, they can use 8 gpu with skylake cpu, ty

We are using two different systems with this motherboard and 7 GPUs on a skylake CPU... one AMD system and one NVIDIA system.  If you follow the correct steps it should work 7 GPUs for everyone... just takes a bit of extra stress. :p
U253

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:32:35 AM

also skylake + win10 here, ok with 2 1070 + 5 1080 Ti. Some instability with specific miner though.
cpaminer87

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:29:49 AM

Will any of these allow me to mine with 7 gpu's?  I have a few "Intel G3930 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 2.9 GHz LGA 1151 51W BX80677G3930 Desktop Processor"  are these ok?  I'm new and just getting started in building rigs, so any help would be greatful.

Here are several dual core Skylake CPUs that should work. The prices may not be the same in your country, but just look for one of the cheapest dual core options and you will be fine.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007671&IsNodeId=1&Description=skylake&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36
radiera

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:25:53 AM

We are using two different systems with this motherboard and 7 GPUs on a skylake CPU... one AMD system and one NVIDIA system.  If you follow the correct steps it should work 7 GPUs for everyone... just takes a bit of extra stress. :p

sound like it have more trouble, oke i will watch on youtube maybe i dont need have more stress, thanks before reply Grin

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
whitrzac

Activity: 126

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:06:03 PM

I seem to be having a slightly different issue than most on here.

Msi z170a m7
4x 580 4gb
3x 560 4gb
win10 pro
32gb cache
4gb ddr4
4g enabled
pcie set at 1x
igpu off.

The system will run fine with 6 cards. Normal hash rates, etc. When I add the 7th GPU I get 1 or 2 GPUs that claymore won't mine on(0.000hash), and at least one that starts at normal hash and drops to about 1/2 rate before the driver crashes and the system hard locks. From starting mining to hard lock is about 10min.

The GPU is detected in windows, no errors, etc. Drivers are installed. afterburner will set clocks. 

It doesn't seem to matter what cards it runs, just that it's only 6 and not 7. It's not a bad riser.
Event viewer just reports that the driver has crashed.

It may be related to the last pcie 16x slot, but I need to test more.
Tuner77

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:50:03 PM

U should use Skylake CPUs
If you use Kabylake u can mine only with 4 GPUs

I can confirm the above statement is incorrect. Just built a 7 gpu rig w/kabylake no problem.

Set the MB bios to 4G for cypto mining, make sure you can see your cards in board explorer, then be patient while windows configures them (up to 3-5 minutes even in fast systems). Primary GPU may also switch from the one you were using after you add the rest. Hence the black screen everyone describes. If you keep adding/removing or re-ordering your cards/pcie-1x's risers, expect the same thing.
radiera

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:44:47 PM

U should use Skylake CPUs
If you use Kabylake u can mine only with 4 GPUs

I can confirm the above statement is incorrect. Just built a 7 gpu rig w/kabylake no problem.

Set the MB bios to 4G for cypto mining, make sure you can see your cards in board explorer, then be patient while windows configures them (up to 3-5 minutes even in fast systems). Primary GPU may also switch from the one you were using after you add the rest. Hence the black screen everyone describes. If you keep adding/removing or re-ordering your cards/pcie-1x's risers, expect the same thing.

really, no review about kabylake... i want buy kabylake,, low end skylake no stock in my country.. can you give pick or something can help me to choise kabylake..

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:14:15 PM

Anyone succeeded to put 8 gpus on this board using the M.2 port and a adpter M.2 to pciex4? I tried several setting but it is no go, anyone?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:25:25 PM

Anyone succeeded to put 8 gpus on this board using the M.2 port and a adpter M.2 to pciex4? I tried several setting but it is no go, anyone?
No go for me

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:34:46 PM

I wrote to msi and they say in Theory it should work , but it is not! I changed from pure uefi to legacy +uefi, still no go! And on Asus prime 270 works when you only change one setting in bios from sata to pcie! Sadly I don't find such an option here!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: