Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729068 times)
_javier_

Activity: 444
Merit: 31

Still a manic miner

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:05:43 AM

Just saw this website

http://pieifo.com/pages/endefault.html

it shows upcoming forks and also some airdrops. About the Airdrop section though, when you click on it you'll see that it has bitcore, it it is listed as a "scam". IMO, this is total bullshit, why has bitcore got such a bad name? coinmarketcap being dicks and now this. Really shits me.

maybe devs can email them to try to explain why this isn't a scam.

It seems theres a campaign against BTX.

Like the sockpuppet in that tweet ( https://twitter.com/Bitcore_BTX/status/941224417991983106 )

Name‏
@Name54371144
is bitcore scam, like this webside show?
#bitcore #btx #scam

19kt6um75kGg3qKZgui5vucztiGxUpKad5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrei1982

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:06:35 AM

https://twitter.com/Bitcore_BTX/status/941224417991983106
Will BTX go to the moon on February 14, 2018?

why February 14, 2018 and not sooner or later?
Limx Dev (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:09:51 AM

Just saw this website

it shows upcoming forks and also some airdrops. About the Airdrop section though, when you click on it you'll see that it has bitcore, it it is listed as a "scam". IMO, this is total bullshit, why has bitcore got such a bad name? coinmarketcap being dicks and now this. Really shits me.

The reason that they believe Bitcore is a scam is as follows:

Claim BTX need user to import their private key, extremely dangers.

Everyone in the crypto space is told don't give out your private keys to anyone. So, it's only logical that by asking for the private key, Bitcore is making a lot of people nervous. People would rather err on the side of caution than allow people to lose their coins. This might explain why BTX price has been falling at such a rapid rate. At this rate, it will probably continue dropping all the back to $1. It was only last month that many people lost their Bitcoin trying to claim Bitcoin Gold. BTG had and infected wallet on their site and when people imported their private keys into the infected BTG wallet, they got their Bitcoins stolen. Find out what method the other coins i.e. Bitcoin Cash utilized to allow people to claim their coins and follow the same method. In order to stem the flow and regain positive momentum with the price of BTX, this issue needs to be resolved ASAP!

Thank you for your message.

We recommend to move your BTC before you claim any BTC forks or similar.

Kind Regards Chrstian

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
_javier_

Still a manic miner

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

Just saw this website

The reason that they believe Bitcore is a scam is as follows:

Claim BTX need user to import their private key, extremely dangers.

Everyone in the crypto space is told don't give out your private keys to anyone. So, it's only logical that by asking for the private key, Bitcore is making a lot of people nervous. People would rather err on the side of caution than allow people to lose their coins. This might explain why BTX price has been falling at such a rapid rate. At this rate, it will probably continue dropping all the back to $1. It was only last month that many people lost their Bitcoin trying to claim Bitcoin Gold. BTG had and infected wallet on their site and when people imported their private keys into the infected BTG wallet, they got their Bitcoins stolen. Find out what method the other coins i.e. Bitcoin Cash utilized to allow people to claim their coins and follow the same method. In order to stem the flow and regain positive momentum with the price of BTX, this issue needs to be resolved ASAP!

The coins are already burned to BTC addresses.. so the owner have to use their privkeys to control them.

BTG was shaddy from the start. No surprise there was an infected tool.

I had to use my privkeys to claim Bcash. The bip39 words, derivate keys,... a total hassle. I could have pasted my keys in their tool. It could have been infected too...

As stated MANY TIMES, you can MOVE your BTC to a new wallet, and claim the forked coins with ZERO btc in the old (already snapshooted) wallet.

BTC fees too high to move your 17.000 usd coin to claim 0.5 BTX ?? 100% agreed. No need to rush, the claiming has no deadline.. You can claim when BTX moon. The coins are already yours. ( Hello CMC!)

Now, if there´s a campaign against BTX (what do they fear??) they can continue to spread FUD and lies.

MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:39:10 AM

Was easy peasy to get the BTX. Actually easier and less risk than Bitcoin Gold.

Just move your BTC to another key if you are paranoid. Same it is all over the internet for any of the hardforks. Whereas Bitcore is not a hardfork. It's a dividend with a brand new blockchain not carrying the old problems of BTC and its clones.
iwosh

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:23:55 PM

Every time I use BTX transfer i wonder how fast it is... even withdrawing from cryptopia takes about a minute... awesome
mahof

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:38:51 PM

Question about airdrops,
 to get weekly airdrop, bitcore  wallet must always be launched?
I have some coins in my wallet since 28th June, but start received weekly rewards only since 13th Nov.
I do not remember or I fill it registration form and when.

You dont need to open the wallet for the airdrop. The snapshot checks for REGISTERED ADDRESSES with >1 BTX balance and adds/tx the airdrop %.
When you open the wallet later, you will see the incoming transaction.

I dream of a monday with ppl not asking why they didnt receive their coins.

REGISTER your address https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php with >1 BTX balance. If you need help with the signing process, we are here to help.
Check that your address is properly registered in the list. https://bitcore.cc/airdrop.php?info=all   (CTRL+F and paste address to find it among the +31300 registered ones)

You can click on your address there, and check your BALANCE in blockexplorer. Remember to have >1 BTX (no coins, no %)

Dont move your coins, or you have to repeat the above procedure.

Coinomi users tends to loose control of their addresses, as for each tx a new address is used.
WindowsQT wallet has a Coin Control option, to help you know which addresses has funds and which dont, so you can register THEM ALL.

Wait for monday airdrop.. there´s no fixed time for the snapshot/airdrop. No need to ask here.

Profit.  Cool

(sorry for the caps, and bold, and underline... but you get the main idea)

at coinomi you can close address changing from the settings too
akirafes

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:43:04 PM

if I do encryped my wallet can I still get the air drop? Thanks for help. (I just bought BTX and join you)
MadMac

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:44:36 PM

It just depends on your address you registered. Check that all your coins are under this and you will be set. Does not matter if encrypted or not, but keep it as such.
Fizsan

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 08:36:03 AM by Fizsan

Bitcore:
Maximal Supply:                    21 million coins
Maximal Blocksize:                10 MB (20 MB SegWit)
Blocktime:                           2.5 minutes
Blockchain:                          own blockchain (NOT a fork!)
Blockchain Size:                   ca. 400 MB
Mining Algorithm:                  timetravel10 (GPU)
Difficulty Algorithm:               smooth Diff64_15: 15%, 3 hours
Distribution:                         airdrops, claiming via snapshot (for BTC holders), mining
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 48 million
SegWit:                              yes
Replay Protection:                not necessary

Bitcoin:
Maximal Supply:                   21 million coins
Maximal Blocksize:                1 MB (2 - 4 MB SegWit)
Blocktime:                           10 minutes
Blockchain:                          own blockchain (NOT a fork!)
Blockchain Size:                   ca. 145 GB
Mining Algorithm:                  sha256 (ASIC)
Difficulty Algorithm:               standard BTC: 400%, 2 weeks
Distribution:                        mining
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 1.2 million
SegWit:                              yes
Replay Protection:                not necessary

Bitcoin Cash:
Maximal Supply:                    21 million coins
Maximal Blocksize:                 8 MB
Blocktime:                           10 minutes
Blockchain:                          fork of Bitcoin
Blockchain Size:                   ca. 135 GB
Mining Algorithm:                  sha256 (ASIC)
Difficulty Algorithm:               standard BTC: 400%, 2 weeks + EDA
Distribution:                         mining, claiming
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 4.8 million
SegWit:                              no
Replay Protection:                yes
E9800

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:10:39 PM

Bitcore:
Maximal Supply: 21 million coins
Maximal Blockcsize: 10 MB (20 MB SegWit)
Blocktime: 2.5 minutes
Blockchain: own blockchain (NOT a fork!)
Blockchain Size: ca. 400 MB
Mining Algorithm: timetravel10 (GPU)
Difficulty Algorithm: smooth Diff64_15: 15%, 3 hours
Distribution: airdrops, claiming via snapshot (for BTC holders), mining
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 48 million
SegWit: yes
Replay Protection: not necessary

Bitcoin:
Maximal Blocksize: 1 MB (2 - 4 MB SegWit)
Blocktime: 10 minutes
Blockchain: own blockchain (NOT a fork!)
Blockchain Size: ca. 145 GB
Mining Algorithm: sha256 (ASIC)
Difficulty Algorithm: standard BTC: 400%, 2 weeks
Distribution: mining
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 1.2 million
SegWit: yes
Replay Protection: not necessary

Bitcoin Cash:
Maximal Blocksize: 8 MB
Blocktime: 10 minutes
Blockchain: fork of Bitcoin
Blockchain Size: ca. 135 GB
Mining Algorithm: sha256 (ASIC)
Difficulty Algorithm: standard BTC: standard BTC: 400%, 2 weeks + EDA
Distribution: mining, claiming
Maximal transactions per day: ca. 4.8 million
SegWit: no
Replay Protection: yes

Not trying to troll but the main problem with BTX is there are too many coins controlled by the devs. They can "and probably do" distribute coins to themselves and then sell. Anyone who ignores or doesn't believe this is in denial.

coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:11:10 PM

I don't understand why we are forced to give out our private key of our wallet in order to claim bitcore. There are many other airdrops with no such requirement. And if we own a hardware wallet (ledger nano s), a safe way you say is to move your coins to new wallet and claim using old wallet.

Can I create a new wallet inside ledger nano s that has its own private key? If so how can I do this?

Other than that, with my current private key tied to other wallets like ethereum, etc, stratis and many others, this claim would be really troublesome for us hardware wallet owners.

I suggest you use message signing option to distribute coins instead of asking private keys.

Edit: (Added a missing word)
Ni-in

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:13:59 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 01:27:31 PM by Ni-in

I understand why we are forced to give out our private key of our wallet in order to claim bitcore. There are many other airdrops with no such requirement. And if we own a hardware wallet (ledger nano s), a safe way you say is to move your coins to new wallet and claim using old wallet.

Can I create a new wallet inside ledger nano s that has its own private key? If so how can I do this?

Other than that, with my current private key tied to other wallets like ethereum, etc, stratis and many others, this claim would be really troublesome for us hardware wallet owners.

I suggest you use message signing option to distribute coins instead of asking private keys.

Try claiming it the way i did, i moved my BTC (Copy/paste)Dat.file to the Bitcorewallet dat file location, removed that one's Dat.file temporarily and saw my Bitcorebalance for that address, then i send them to my other Bitcoreaddress i use(and have verified for airdrop), removed the Dat.file, put the old one back.  
I'm not sure if this is the way, but it did give me my BTX directly that i had at the time of the snapshot.
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:15:29 PM

I understand why we are forced to give out our private key of our wallet in order to claim bitcore. There are many other airdrops with no such requirement. And if we own a hardware wallet (ledger nano s), a safe way you say is to move your coins to new wallet and claim using old wallet.

Try claiming it the way i did, i moved my BTC (Copy/paste)Dat.file to the Bitcorewallet, removed that on's Dat.file temporarily and saw my Bitcorebalance, then i send them to my Bitcoreaddress i use, removed the Dat.file, put the old one back.  
I'm not sure if this is the way, but it did give me my BTX directly that i had at the time of the snapshot.

Not sure this will work. I will check for other safer ways if any exist. I suggest you move your coins to a safer wallet if you think your way is not %100 safe.
Ni-in

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:20:12 PM

Try claiming it the way i did, i moved my BTC (Copy/paste)Dat.file to the Bitcorewallet, removed that on's Dat.file temporarily and saw my Bitcorebalance, then i send them to my Bitcoreaddress i use, removed the Dat.file, put the old one back.  

Not sure this will work. I will check for other safer ways if any exist. I suggest you move your coins to a safer wallet if you think your way is not %100 safe.

Works just fine, took about a minute to do, the Bitcore BTX loads very fast, i did move the little BTC i have afterwards from the Bitcoinwallet, but that was quite along time after and all worked fine.  You could try it by moving the BTC first to be 100percent safe.
_javier_

Still a manic miner

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:39:18 PM

I don't understand why we are forced to give out our private key of our wallet in order to claim bitcore. There are many other airdrops with no such requirement.

You can CLAIM your coins from an emptied BTC wallet, as you did for the other forked coins. If you know other forks, no explanation needed. Its the same idea regarding your security.

Then its the weekly AIRDROPS. No privkey involved. You are only asked to register your BTX address and have >1 BTX.

Claiming and airdrops are two different methods to freely distribute the coins. Maybe our webpage its not clear enought about that. That will hopefully change soon.

Dopert

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:41:11 PM

Just saw this website

Yes, agree. Better they correct this.

Pieifo did not do thier homework correct. They claim to be all about hardware forks. BTX is a software fork and they have no right to mention BTX nor call it a scam.

For claiming need to transfer BTC first to other adress then give private key on snapshot date. How else should you clain that it was your adress on that date ...

Wow, i was not aware there are so many forks on the agenda. Come on, serious Bitcoin pizza?  Cheesy Just more reason to take BTX serious.
Fizsan

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:48:30 PM

Just saw this website

Pieifo did not do thier homework correct. They claim to be all about hardware forks. BTX is a software fork and they have no right to mention BTX nor call it a scam.

For claiming need to transfer BTC first to other adress then give private key on snapshot date. How else should you clain that it was your adress on that date ...

Wow, i was not aware there are so many forks on the agenda. Come on, serious Bitcoin pizza?  Cheesy Just more reason to take BTX serious.

Indeed.
ycs

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:51:51 PM

its a Chinese conspiracy to dominate cryptocurriences
Just saw this website

tooh

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:22:32 PM

BTC will be afraid of the better coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: