Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:06:27 AM

Is there any  specific  introduction of  dev team , this is the most important thing  for  ICO .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

The team is listed here (and we're aggressively looking for engineers & developers - at least 2) http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/the-team

I have to disagree with your comment, though. The dev team is NOT the most important thing in an ICO. Management is 1st, the entire team is 2nd, current traction is 3rd and the dev team is 4th. The  perception that the dev team is the end all and be all of an operation (likely born from the fact that most in the industry are developers) is dangerous - particularly when developing financial products or any product within a business vertical that is not primarily IT.
Focus on Dev teams in the financial space have allowed big Wall Street banks to claim almost all of the patent applications and awards in this space (see the Pathogenic Finance report towards page 18 for more https://blog.veritaseum.com/download/research/free-research/send/4-research/313-pathogenic-finance ) and has caused a general dearth of financial innovation despite the proliferation of such an innovative underlying technology.
Most of the applications of this tech in the financial space has been the regurgitation of legacy and quite obsolete business models recast iin the blockchain. I believe this is so because dev-centric teams don't realize the vulnerable pressure points that break in the business from a strategic perspective. Trust me, we do -  reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vf8-Hl78pM
Well, back to the question at hand, we have build the first fully functional "beta" capital markets application of smart contracts and blockchain tech, way back in 2013 and 2014. We believe we were the first to apply for patent protection every country that has a major financial market, and we were able to do all of this on a shoestring budget of several hundred thousand dollars because we had diversity in our team - analysts, strategists, investors developers, engineers and IP attorneys.
Now, we're rolling with several million and we still have the advantage of dealing with a market that is  top heavy with developers - advantage team Ve! The dearth of quality research, analysis and general understanding of the economic cycles in this space will benefit us as well, at least as long as that dearth exists.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Ebrelus

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:33:16 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 03:18:06 AM by Ebrelus

Most of the people here are still valuating new projects in the standard old dev-oriented way. Reggie is introducing a new, more comprehensive way because he is also offering something of much larger scope.

Here's the right link to Pathogenic Finance document

If i'm not mistaken value here will come more from access to knowledge, research and similar innovative services for invidual and institutional players than from external token trade and even actual tech which will be powerful but ultimately is just a tool.

To get the most benefit from using this disruptive technological financial tool you need first the knowledge how to use it, how to read this wholly new market, to minimalize risks and maximalize chances for highly rewarding allocation of capital. This is that revolution, revolution in access to valuable information and research of experts.          
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:17:23 AM

How many tokens will I get for 1 bitcoin?
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:40:53 PM

How many tokens will I get for 1 bitcoin?

Approx 580.

1 Veri is .033 x ETH ($90) so $3 each. 1750/3= 580 VERI
FlorentineNobleman

Activity: 519

vetherasset.app

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:41:54 PM

How much did you collected so far? Project looks interesting and promising. I'm going to research it.

jbl888

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:31:47 PM

How much did you collected so far? Project looks interesting and promising. I'm going to research it.

Oh, nothing much to research ... just $1.635 QUADRILLION market ... NOT counting Insurance and Real Estate ... really nothing to see here ... move along.  Smiley
jbl888

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

Here's what's been collected so far:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x599a4b8188676224d4c9b393b947e332b60b15e3
jbl888

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:41:31 AM

Money starting to roll in. And I also read in Clif High's webbot report that Veritaseum will share Ethereum's success as the banking and trading systems start to fail.

Contract ICO address: 3000 ETH / $300k so far

Clif's report is when I first heard about Veritaseum ... I was so blown away when I began to read about Reggie and Veritaseum I began buying and buying Veritas... I set up MyEtherWallet step by step from the instructions on the website ... sent over some ETH that I already owned ... Wow that was fun!!! ... then that wasn't enough and I had to buy some more. I won't say how many but it's in the thousands of VERI ... I believe these Veritas represent life-changing generational wealth ... we'll see ... Cheers!! Smiley
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:36:34 AM

Don't forget ... this is the just the beginning ... just the F in FIRE  = Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate ... Reggie's getting the INSURANCE machine ready then REAL ESTATE

This is NOT just Wall Street!!!

Yup! It has bright future indeed. I'm sure Reggie will find many profitable, disrupting applications for this platform, existent and future Veritaseum tech (f.e. building cryptocurrency/asset exchange).  

What's most important right now, Veritaseum already raised enough funds for the project's further development and is going to expand existing team of analysts, engineers and layers.

I can also inform that Reggie is aleady exploring potential deals with large clients, such as governments and funds who have approached him!  

I have found this informative article about Reggie and Veritaseum. I'm sure you will like it as i do.

I created the vehicle (Veritaseum) as a universal platform upon which to build industry solutions. I’m not trying to “target everything at once.” I’m providing the tools to allow my sales staff and solution providers to enable customers and clients to build their own solutions or buy said solutions directly from us.

You can also expect new articles about Veritaseum soon.

This is great news, anyone not looking into this project will be left out of smart money coming into the space
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 10:09:57 AM

I register for translation bounty. How did I know if I can start translating?
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:24:41 AM

Money starting to roll in. And I also read in Clif High's webbot report that Veritaseum will share Ethereum's success as the banking and trading systems start to fail.

Contract ICO address: 3000 ETH / $300k so far

Clif's report is when I first heard about Veritaseum ... I was so blown away when I began to read about Reggie and Veritaseum I began buying and buying Veritas... I set up MyEtherWallet step by step from the instructions on the website ... sent over some ETH that I already owned ... Wow that was fun!!! ... then that wasn't enough and I had to buy some more. I won't say how many but it's in the thousands of VERI ... I believe these Veritas represent life-changing generational wealth ... we'll see ... Cheers!! Smiley

I've also been keeping up with Clif High for years.  I'm looking into Veritaseum now, and I'll probably pick some up before the ICO closes.  I haven't decided how much, yet.

Questions are...

Is the timing right?  It could be a great idea, but if the world's not ready for it yet, it won't take off.  I think the timing is right, in this case, though, with all the interest in "blockchain" technology by financial institutions of late.

Will Veritaseum execute promptly?  If they have a good idea but don't get around to developing and releasing a working "app" that uses Veritas soon enough, somebody else may beat them to it.

And sort of related to that, the idea is good.  It's Veritaseum's game to lose.  If they don't do it, then somebody else probably will.  That is, Veritas might not "make it" but if not it, then something else like it probably will.

A concern I have, is the amount raised by the ICO this far into it.  Not anywhere close to the 51 million tokens.  In a way, this could be good, since the initial supply will be more limited, but could also be bad if/when more tokens flood the market later, depending on the pricing and market interest.  Also, if interest in Veritaseum is this weak now, will it really grow later?

AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

Is the timing right?  It could be a great idea, but if the world's not ready for it yet, it won't take off.  I think the timing is right, in this case, though, with all the interest in "blockchain" technology by financial institutions of late.
The Veritaseum first generation platform was really good. The ability to take a position on any equity, and even short one equity vs another were well handled. It also allowed positions in fractions of a bitcoin so for pocket change you could test theories. With all the trades handled on the blockchain, there was no counterparty risk. The other side of the trade was locked in.

Will Veritaseum execute promptly?  If they have a good idea but don't get around to developing and releasing a working "app" that uses Veritas soon enough, somebody else may beat them to it.
They already had a functional platform on Bitcoin. Ethereum is easier as it has contracts and a shorter block execution time. I believe that the work on the html client for bitcoin will be or has been refactored for the ethereum tokens.

And sort of related to that, the idea is good.  It's Veritaseum's game to lose.  If they don't do it, then somebody else probably will.  That is, Veritas might not "make it" but if not it, then something else like it probably will.
Reggie has been making some very prescient calls. I believe he has demonstrated remarkable flexibility in adopting bitcoin, and making the decision to use Ethereum. If he builds the platform it will be used.

A concern I have, is the amount raised by the ICO this far into it.  Not anywhere close to the 51 million tokens.  In a way, this could be good, since the initial supply will be more limited, but could also be bad if/when more tokens flood the market later, depending on the pricing and market interest.  Also, if interest in Veritaseum is this weak now, will it really grow later?
I would not call raising 11,971 ethereum weak interest, Reggie has already pointed out valuing tokens based on market cap and calculating this around total tokens is completely missing the valuation requirements for these items. I would rather see this start slow and grow interest based on a functional platform. Reggie has stated that after the initial token period they will take investments from banks and other players.

I believe that the curated research will be actionable for Veritas token holders, and that the platform will be quite popular. To access the research you will need tokens. I assume the platform will require them as well. This will set the demand.

I would recommend that anyone on the fence take a look at Reggie's positions in the past. I believe they demonstrate sound analytical ability and discernment.

My opinion is that ICOs for crypto tokens have usually been significantly discounted to their future value. Ethereum was ICO'd at 1 BTC = 2000 Ethereum...

Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

dave3

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:33:42 PM

The Veritaseum first generation platform was really good. The ability to take a position on any equity, and even short one equity vs another were well handled. It also allowed positions in fractions of a bitcoin so for pocket change you could test theories. With all the trades handled on the blockchain, there was no counterparty risk. The other side of the trade was locked in.

I vaguely remember hearing about that in the past, but it didn't really catch my attention at the time.  Before it's time?

They already had a functional platform on Bitcoin. Ethereum is easier as it has contracts and a shorter block execution time. I believe that the work on the html client for bitcoin will be or has been refactored for the ethereum tokens.

The faster they can demonstrate the platform on Ether, the better.  I think I heard Reggie say they planned a beta by the end of 2018.  I hope they're able to release something sooner than that, or I fear 1 1/2 years from now may be a bit late.

Reggie has been making some very prescient calls. I believe he has demonstrated remarkable flexibility in adopting bitcoin, and making the decision to use Ethereum. If he builds the platform it will be used.

I've been aware of his name for some time, but I have to admit I haven't been following his work.  I watched several of his Youtube videos last night, and found them helpful in getting up to speed on all this.  The videos I found are here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BoomBustBlog/videos

I would not call raising 11,971 ethereum weak interest, Reggie has already pointed out valuing tokens based on market cap and calculating this around total tokens is completely missing the valuation requirements for these items. I would rather see this start slow and grow interest based on a functional platform. Reggie has stated that after the initial token period they will take investments from banks and other players.

I believe that the curated research will be actionable for Veritas token holders, and that the platform will be quite popular. To access the research you will need tokens. I assume the platform will require them as well. This will set the demand.

I would recommend that anyone on the fence take a look at Reggie's positions in the past. I believe they demonstrate sound analytical ability and discernment.

My opinion is that ICOs for crypto tokens have usually been significantly discounted to their future value. Ethereum was ICO'd at 1 BTC = 2000 Ethereum...

Thanks for your well thought-out post.

I looked into Ethereum before it was released and seriously thought of getting into it, but I didn't.  Oh well.

I'm still considering how much I'll put into the Veritas ICO and waiting for ETH to pull-back a bit to get a better price.

dave3

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:37:08 PM

I'm also trying to take part in the Veritaseum Crowdsale Bounty Program:

https://blog.veritaseum.com/current-analysis/1-blog/226-veritaseum-crowdsale-bounty-program

Here's some 120x80 avatar images I prepared from the graphics provided.  If anybody wants to copy them, you're welcome to.

https://i.imgur.com/TUPMWYx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sFoFiy2.jpg
scolary23

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:33:51 PM

do you need hindi translation?
if you need PM me

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:30:47 AM

Though I agree with your point here but only for solid projects, if you take position in wrong project it will eventually go south, that is why you need someone like Reggie to do the ground work for you
AltCity

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 02:16:33 PM

Though I agree with your point here but only for solid projects, if you take position in wrong project it will eventually go south, that is why you need someone like Reggie to do the ground work for you

Agreed. Reggie is working to identify the projects that are Solid. Only Veritas holders will have access to this information.

Here are some links on ethereum contracts:

Babbage is a visual programming language that consists of simple mechanical parts that interact with each other: Pipes, valves, rods and levers.
https://medium.com/@chriseth/babbage-a-mechanical-smart-contract-language-5c8329ec5a0e

Reading agreements in this form could take some getting used to, but no more than the legalese produced by today’s contract lawyers. Fill-in-the-blank scripts would likely become available for common uses. Specialists could craft very custom agreements, as done by lawyers today. In return, we eliminate “I thought, you thought” confusion and remove all uncertainty over whether the other person will follow through. The script both defines and enforces the agreement.
https://etherscripter.com/0-5-1/

Interfaces to visualize the contract logic is a good step. Better debugging, and handling of exceptions are also very important for deploying safe and robust contracts.
AltCity

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 11:24:55 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 06:41:37 PM by AltCity

Gnosis Valuation Report is completed May 15th. http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/15-veritaseum-presents-it-s-first-digital-asset-forensic-valuation-gnosis-gno
Next up is Augur. (REP Token) https://twitter.com/ReggieMiddleton/status/865338733771583488 Reggie says this report will cost 300 VERI tokens and due next week.

For traders with large REP positions, this type of analysis would be invaluable. This kind of work will create the demand for VERI tokens after the VERI sale ends in 8 days. My read is that REP is down recently at 0.00835240 BTC. A critical analysis would allow REP holders to exit a weak offering if they were looking for a reason to exit. A positive analysis of REP will likely lead to demand for REP short term, and a longer term appreciation of stake based on sound business.

If Reggie and team can produce these analysis at this rate I'm quite excited to see what the DAO does with the research!
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 11:47:16 PM

Cast your vote https://twitter.com/ReggieMiddleton/status/865350868153061378 and go buy your Veritas to take advantage http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/buy-now

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: