Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
maui4marko

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:37:17 PM

https://www.jamstockex.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Brochure-Registration-Form-Blockchain-Masterclass-Workshop-June-28-2017.pdf

Welcome to The Blockchain Technology & Infinite Possibilities
Today it is commonly known as the technology behind Bitcoin or Bitcoin itself, however, block chain technology is more than digital money. It is the technology that insurance companies and banks are tripping over one another to be the first to figure out how to use it in their operation so as to impact their bottom line and create greater wealth for their organization.  The Jamaica Stock Exchange does not want Jamaica to be left behind and as such is organizing a one-of-a-kind workshop, “The Blockchain Masterclass – with one of the best in the business, Reggie Middleton.

The Blockchain Masterclass Workshop
WHERE: The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel,  81 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5
WHEN: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
TIME: 8:03 a.m. –  2:00 p.m.

Blockchain technology has many captains of industry sold, chief among whom are Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Marc Andreessen and Reggie Middleton. The question then to ask is why are these prominent moguls so interested in Block Chain technology, what is in it for them and why Wall Street and Silicon Valley get so excited when Block Chain Technology is mentioned.

The Blockchain Master Class workshop will enable you to develop a clear understanding of the origins of blockchain technology, the problems that blockchains solve, the economic impact of blockchains on common markets, fields of finance, economics, value transfer and how “distributed consensus” ledgers work.

It’s the one workshop with everything you need to get started with understanding Blockchain technology and become a skilled individual on the topic of understanding this rising technology. This is an effective and “to the point” workshop breaking down complex topics, taking you from zero knowledge on the Blockchain, to becoming an individual who is able to fully understand how the Blockchain works in your respected field of work.  While there are plenty of Block-chain information scattered around the web, it’s hard to find a live in class focused Blockchain workshop like this one that the JSE will provide, and on top of that is instructed by an instructor who has a working understanding of Cryptocurrencies and the Blockchain.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Heads of Treasury and Trading; Risk Managers; Treasury Manager; Treasury Director; Financial Analysts; FX Analysts; Senior Investment Advisors; Equity Traders; Trading Manager; Fixed Income Trader; Investment Manager; Manager Corporate Finance and Portfolio Structuring; Heads Capital Market; Research and Stock Broking, Investors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Block-chain Technology can assist government, entertainment, sports, finance, business, correction services, legal system, medical, child birth, voting for elections, logistics, banking, land registry, therefore any person in these areas will gain significant knowledge and skill for sustainable employment.

COURSE CONTENT

Section 1: Where did Blockchain technology come from?    

The emergence of Bitcoin
Bitcoin software basics
What is open source software?
Who writes the software?                  
Who manages the software?
Section 2: What is a Blockchain?

The basics of distributed ledgers.                            
What are blocks, miners, nodes & addresses?
What are wallets?
What are private and public keys?
Section 3: What is digital money and how have banks secured?

Digital dollars in the banking system.
The non-scarcity of digital information.          
Webs of trust.
Secured central ledgers.      
The present SWIFT system.
Section 4: Why Blockchain stands out

Blockchain as a database
When should you use blockchain technology
Smart contracts: An introduction
Ethereum: practical use-cases for smart contracts
How smart contract coding works
Why smart contracts can be useful
Section 5: Why Blockchain for markets and banking?

Payments & Remittances
Cross-border payments
Investment banking
Derivatives
A new landscape for markets and regulatory hurdles
Basel 3 and capital restrictions on banking activity
KYC, AML, CFT
Collateral management and concept of minting explained
Section 6: Blockchain applications for financial markets

Blockchain applications for financial markets
What are Blockchain tokens?
Physical assets on the Blockchain
The future of commodities trading
Securities on the Blockchain
The future of capital markets

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDK-9MRW0AAFntQ.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltCity

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 11:58:07 PM

Thanks! this was what we were looking for, looks like this is the next big step forward for Veritaseum! Also see https://www.jamstockex.com/gain-valuable-insights-on-the-benefits-and-opportunities-of-the-blockchain-technology-with-reggie-middleton/
maui4marko

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:32:43 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 03:46:05 AM by maui4marko

Reggie is gonna give them a deal they literally cannot refuse...

Individually, none of the Caribbean nations rank anywhere near median in the global rank of GDP contributors. Pooled through Veritaseum, they’re over 9x greater than the world average and outrank such economic powerhouses as the Germany, United Kingdom and France (the 3 largest economies in the EU), all of the Middle East, MENA (Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan and Pakistan) and encroach on the space of the global economic superpower Japan and the Western Hemisphere!

More importantly, by linking the economies through this common “smart currency”, the rate of GDP growth will easily outstrip all in this list (or at least those who don’t also advantage themselves of Veritaseum technology). Be prepared to observe Veritas.PanCarib to move upwards in the world ranks very, very quickly.

Is Veritaseum About To Take Jamaica To the Next Level?
Government, banking and financial leaders in one of the largest caribbean nations (both geographically and economically) have invited me to the island to walk them through specifically how Veritaseum can boost their GDP, markets and economy. I will approach them with a packaged solution that they literally cannot refuse. More on that in a few months. I’ll be in caribbean next week.

Positive news and major listing could easily launch the token to 1.5 eth

martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:32:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbyiqnmIfPA&feature=youtu.be
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:58:11 AM

Today is the day! Just image the opportunities that will open up if Reggie can manage to get Jamaica on board today. There is no doubt in my mind that he will succeed, but even if he doesn't, the Veritaseum train will continue to move forward into the future. All the best Reggie!  Cool

naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:26:56 AM

Individually, none of the Caribbean nations rank anywhere near median in the global rank of GDP contributors. Pooled through Veritaseum, they’re over 9x greater than the world average and outrank such economic powerhouses as the Germany, United Kingdom and France (the 3 largest economies in the EU), all of the Middle East, MENA (Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan and Pakistan) and encroach on the space of the global economic superpower Japan and the Western Hemisphere!

More importantly, by linking the economies through this common “smart currency”, the rate of GDP growth will easily outstrip all in this list (or at least those who don’t also advantage themselves of Veritaseum technology). Be prepared to observe Veritas.PanCarib to move upwards in the world ranks very, very quickly.

Government, banking and financial leaders in one of the largest caribbean nations (both geographically and economically) have invited me to the island to walk them through specifically how Veritaseum can boost their GDP, markets and economy. I will approach them with a packaged solution that they literally cannot refuse. More on that in a few months. I’ll be in caribbean next week.

They become 9x greater than the world avarage with Veritaseum. Could you tell me how this works?
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:31:55 AM

They become 9x greater than the world avarage with Veritaseum. Could you tell me how this works?

http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-worked
Gen6:6

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:33:11 AM

Today is the day! Just image the opportunities that will open up if Reggie can manage to get Jamaica on board today. There is no doubt in my mind that he will succeed, but even if he doesn't, the Veritaseum train will continue to move forward into the future. All the best Reggie!  Cool

Hey paulmaritz that picture you uploaded... I think I can see the yacht you're gonna buy with your VERI tokens.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:37:13 AM

Hey paulmaritz that picture you uploaded... I think I can see the yacht you're gonna buy with your VERI tokens.

haha Just imagine!  Grin
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:43:05 AM

Hopefully VERI is going to make all of us VERI happy! When people ask what I am doing, I am going to reply that "I am sailing!": https://youtu.be/FOt3oQ_k008  Cool
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:45:48 AM

Is there anyone here that can provide me with a Veritaseum logo with a transparent background?  Wink
naaktslak5

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:01:29 AM

http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-worked
thnx
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:03:30 AM

thnx

You're welcome. Reggie is in essence focusing on the long tail. To give you an idea: https://youtu.be/kwJt5TzO7nQ
naaktslak5

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:24:59 AM

thnx

You're welcome. Reggie is in essence focusing on the long tail. To give you an idea: https://youtu.be/kwJt5TzO7nQ
going to watch it. i see that the price of Bancor collapsed, why is that?
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:59:27 AM

thnx

going to watch it. i see that the price of Bancor collapsed, why is that?

It depends on how you measure it. BNT tokens were issued during the token generating event (TGE) at 1 BNT per 0.01 ETH or a 100 BNT per 1 ETH. Using that as a measure, the price of BNT has pretty much stayed above or equal to 0.01 ETH per token as can be seen here: https://www.bancor.network/bnt

When it did temporarily dip below 0.01 ETH (earlier this week), the price floor implemented brought the price back to 0.01 ETH. This is made possible by a reserve that is currently at 108.12K ETH (originally a 112K ETH). This helps BNT to act according to what it was designed to do and be. The ultimate intend with BNT is to have a stable, liquid world reserve currency that is completely decentralized. It is not a token designed for a short-term "pump and dump" so to speak. E.g. watch 10:05-10:45 of the video to learn how the Bancor protocol prevents manipulation of prices by whales.

The price dropped as measured in fiat or USD. The reasons for this are three fold in my opinion:

1. BNT IOUs were sold via HitBTC before BNT were released for trading or listed on other exchanges. HitBTC is known for selling at heavily inflated prices.

2. The crypto market in general saw a decline in prices in recent days, including the price of ETH as expressed in fiat or USD.

3. People got scared and started to sell their tokens at a fiat or USD loss - mostly on the back of FUD posted by whales and their lackeys.

Anyway, back to VERI!  Cool
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:09:04 AM

Can anybody fill me in on the coin supply story with Veritasium ?

I've heard 100 Million and I've heard 2 Million (on coinmarketcap.com).
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:13:32 AM

Can anybody fill me in on the coin supply story with Veritasium ?

I've heard 100 Million and I've heard 2 Million (on coinmarketcap.com).

51 million tokens were available during the token generating event. Only 1,967,276 were sold, which is now the circulating supply. The remaining tokens will be sold to large corporations, sovereigns and such for direct use. There will never be more than a 100,000,000 tokens.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:19:00 AM

51 million tokens were available during the token generating event. Only 1,967,276 were sold, which is now the circulating supply. The remaining tokens will be sold to large corporations, sovereigns and such for direct use. There will never be more than a 100,000,000 tokens.

Ah. So Reggie is using the trick of driving the price up on a tiny supply while holding the reported marketcap down (which I think he admitted was the strategy).

Then selling the corporate.sovereign cut at hugely inflated value prior to the entire supply being introduced into the marketcap reporting ? (At which point the per-coin price will tank as the market corrects).
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:29:05 AM

Ah. So Reggie is using the trick of driving the price up on a tiny supply while holding the reported marketcap down (which I think he admitted was the strategy).

Then selling the corporate.sovereign cut at hugely inflated value prior to the entire supply being introduced into the marketcap reporting ? (At which point the per-coin price will tank as the market corrects).

You will have to ask Reggie himself, but as far as I know, the market asked for 1,967,276 during the TGE and got that many. In addition, no company has to release its total authorized share capital on day one. It is normally done gradually as a company grows and needs additional funds. I think it is going to be no different here. Reggie is not going to act in an irresponsible manner that will hurt VERI holders, especially those who have shown support from day one. That being said, it is definitely not too late to support this initiative.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:31:28 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 11:17:35 AM by toknormal

Reggie is not going to act in an irresponsible manner

No. But he can't prevent the market from acting in an "irresponsible manner".

Lets think about this for a moment. That effective supply puts Veritasium's "real" marketcap at around 3.7 Million BTC. (Ripple is 4.1 Million). i.e. nearly a quarter of bitcoin's entire coin supply. So it would be the third or fourth largest asset in ranking on coinmarketcap.com.

Not saying that's necessarily unreasonable in terms of future potential (i.e. speculative) but for such a large valuation to have some genuine basis it must make the monetary cryptos massively undervalued (since they are going to form much of the lower capitalisation tiers of the coming synthetic 'vehicles' that will be traded on the VERI platform) - which in turn makes the current VERI/Ether or BTC price massively overvalued does it not ?

What should happen now is that VERI moves up a few notches in marketcap ranking - but with the full coin supply reported. So lets say it went to where Bitshares is (an equivalent type of asset but a mature platform so being kind to Veritasium by letting it get that far in only 30 days after launch instead of taking 3 years and needing to actually deliver some functioning software that's hosting trades like Bitshares has done).

That would put the VERI marketcap at around quarter of a million BTC. Coin exchange rate with Ether would therefore be around 0.02. i.e. 50 Veri per Ether.

Current price: 0.32.

16 times overvalued ?
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: