Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
jbl888

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:18:13 PM

AltCity,

Think VISA ... right now you buy something (at a gas station, on Amazon) and the bank that issued that Visa card is the third party intermediary trust that brings both sides together and they take their 3-5% ... why would we need those banks in the future? ... We don't ... all those bank profits that go to their management and stockholders would now go to ... us!! ... the Veritas token holders ... if the millions of formerly visa card transactions were using Veritas on the blockchain, do ya think Veritas might be valuable?? ... that's just one application... ANY place there is a third party trust needed to make a transaction (basically every transaction in the world except ones with your closest family) is a potential market for Veritas ...

When Veritas tokens are at $1,000 each a year from now and $100,000 two years from now and headed to $1,000,000 ... many are going to kick themselves for not trading 1 ETH for 30 VERI ... Ethereum can be compared to a platform of a trillion birds' nests ... Veritaseum would be the eagles that lay golden eggs in those nests
AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 04:43:03 PM

"Think VISA ... right now you buy something (at a gas station, on Amazon) and the bank that issued that Visa card is the third party intermediary trust that brings both sides together and they take their 3-5%"
Yes $0.30 + 2.9% of the transaction normally. This covers chargebacks and the cost of fraud that all card holders bear. With blockchain transactions there is no chargeback, and fraud well it's sort of the wild wild west still.

My question was not on the valuation of the VERI token long term, but on how fees would be collected which Reggie compared to a Hedge Fund's management fee structure.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:25:23 PM

"Think VISA ... right now you buy something (at a gas station, on Amazon) and the bank that issued that Visa card is the third party intermediary trust that brings both sides together and they take their 3-5%"
Yes $0.30 + 2.9% of the transaction normally. This covers chargebacks and the cost of fraud that all card holders bear. With blockchain transactions there is no chargeback, and fraud well it's sort of the wild wild west still.

My question was not on the valuation of the VERI token long term, but on how fees would be collected which Reggie compared to a Hedge Fund's management fee structure.

Yeah, I got that but figured you understood the phrase "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" ... so you're not interested in VERI because it can make you a billionaire but you ARE interested in VERI because you want to know how Reggie gets paid? ... oooooookkkkkkkkaaaaayyyyyy [step back slowly while not turning around]

Wink
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

What is the essence of this project? Is ICO still going to happen? It is indeed strange.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:27:36 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 06:40:38 PM by Josef27

ICO is in full effect and has 1 day/ & 7 hours left...  Get your VERI NOW!

This ICO is a sleeper to most right now because its takes a minute to fully digest and it's not the hot flavor with the buzz. Reggie is a visionary a little ahead of his time. Its kind of like BTC when it first came out.. Some got it right away other's took a minute, and others will come around when BTC is 14k.
VERITASEUM, is a different animal thats's aimed at Wall Street, once those guys get the memo VERI will be VERI-HOT..

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:35:27 PM

Over 33kEthers raised so far and still counting, I believe this will hit 50kEthers, those that miss out of this will ask themselves how they miss another 1000x return. Veritaseum is going to be very huge in coming months because most people in this space are speculators and lack research findings to guide them in their investments decisions
AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 07:18:47 PM

Over 33kEthers raised so far and still counting

Even more interesting is how many people are in the initial sale offering, 2,711 transactions. Probably a few of those are multiple buys so we have a pool of under three thousand that is interested in this token.

Once the product is producing that will drive the real price discovery!
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:23:37 PM

Is anyone here willing to sell me $400 worth of ETH via PayPal? The plan is to convert it into VERI tokens before the ICO comes to an end tomorrow. I know words are cheap nowadays, but I won't screw you over. I am willing to pay $200 per ETH.
gee zee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:19:42 PM

I paid 6.66$ for 1 VERI token  Roll Eyes
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:06:40 PM

So less than 2m tokens look to be created during the ICO, but there is a stated 100m supply. Where are the rest of the tokens going?

Josef27

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:35:51 PM

So less than 2m tokens look to be created during the ICO, but there is a stated 100m supply. Where are the rest of the tokens going?

Let Reggie tell ya in the link below..
Once the offering is done, reserve after offering is reserved for institutions:
https://youtu.be/7Ex61XG3QEo?t=876
bentcrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:09:09 PM

I'm in.
I believe in Reggie and he is an honest guy(hard to find in this space).
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:18:42 PM

Veritaseum ICO: Window of Opportunity to buy VERI Tokens at Discount Closing Fast: http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/veritaseum-ico-window-of-opportunity-to-buy-veri-tokens-at-discount-closing-fast/
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:17:34 AM

6 mil, not bad for no crazy hype

If the website had been fancier they could had triple that  Wink

https://etherscan.io/address/0x599a4b8188676224d4c9b393b947e332b60b15e3
Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:31:22 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 12:41:36 AM by Josef27

If the website had been fancier they could had triple that  Wink

Reggie is smart and detail oriented, I got a feeling he just wanted to do this launch low key for a reason ? Whatever his plan/reason is, it benefits us little guys bigly, i'm grateful.  He says in the youtube videos his targets are world wide Wall Street type institutions and names some of them.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:41:49 AM

If the website had been fancier they could had triple that  Wink

Reggie is smart and detail oriented, I got a feeling he just wanted to do this launch low key for reason ? Whatever his plan/reason is it benefits us little guys bigly, i'm grateful.  He says in the youtube videos his targets are world wide Wall Street type institutions and names some of them.
A lower supply should lead to a bigger jump post ICO when this is on exchanges, if the demand is there.
I hope they have done the groundwork to get this on some exchanges right away.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:21:50 AM

Thought I would just post this here:

Veritaseum ICO: Window of Opportunity to buy VERI Tokens at Discount Closing Fast
May 25, 2017   Crypto News   No comments

About 24 hours are left to participate in the initial coin offering (ICO) of Veritas tokens (VERI) by peer to peer capital market enabler, Veritaseum. If you haven’t done so yet, the time to act is now!

Accept our apologies for getting word out late about the opportunity of a lifetime, namely participation in the Veritaseum ICO. It is a late hour indeed, but better late than never, right? Let’s consider this offer by financial Nostradamus, Reggie Middleton, and his team at Veritaseum.

Are you strapped in? Do you have your safety buckle on? Good.

This is an early bird opportunity to share in the potential failures and successes of an attempt to make trustless transactions in the peer to peer economy a viable reality.

To successfully transfer value via tokens, namely VERI tokens, from peer to peer via a protocol based network. A network that enables transactions and contracts that require zero trust from participants to be successful – zero counterparty risk.

Reggie Middleton

A decentralized network that cuts cost to a minimum by extracting gatekeepers such as banks, insurers and agents – those who don’t add real value. All of this, potentially made possible via the successful creation and deployment of capital market applications of blockchain technology.

A mouth and a half full, but in essence:  An attempt to successfully implement a fully distributed economic network without middlemen to take control of the capital of participants, gatekeepers and the ability of rent seekers to extract rent without adding subsequent value to the system.

Why support Veritaseum? What is the value proposition of Veritaseum?

Veritaseum, according to the official website, “enables software-driven P2P capital markets without brokerages, banks or traditional exchanges.” In essence, what I mentioned in the previous section. Something that will enable trustless transactions between “person to person, company to company and entity to entity.”

In addition, the Veritaseum outfit is under the leadership and control of Reggie Middleton – a well-known visionary who stands at the forefront of information technology, finance and valuation. Reggie’s team consists of highly motivated, energized and experienced individuals, including investors, analysts, intellectual property lawyers, engineers and strategists.

Veritaseum was the first company to conceptualize and create a capital market application of blockchain technology. The company filed multiple applications in terms of patent and intellectual property protections since 2014. The first patent they applied for, was for the first working model in terms of the worldwide transfer of value in peer to peer markets within the peer to peer economy. Something that is way more foreword looking than remittances and payments.

There is also world-class research and valuation reports that form part of the value proposition – available through the redemption of VERI tokens. Throw in the track record of Reggie’s team for making accurate forecasts pertaining to major economic events (the collapse of Bear Stearns and the Lehman Brothers, etc.) – and you’re onto a winner!

What is the potential market?

All transactions of all value. The biggest market in the world!

How can I participate?

You can participate by buying VERI tokens during the initial coin offering at discount. The VERI tokens are the “keys that will enable you to start the engine” and participate in a manner you see fit. Once the ICO ends, reserve coins will largely be made available to institutions and at a premium.

Veritaseum discussion at the Bitcoin Forum.

http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/veritaseum-ico-window-of-opportunity-to-buy-veri-tokens-at-discount-closing-fast/
Mbando

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:18:08 AM

I re-watched the presentation on Veritaseum vs a hedge fund.

Can someone from Veritaseum comment on the 3&2, Reggie lumps them together as 5% vs 11% and I think it is important, are we charging 5% on Assets Under Management and including the annual return, or are we breaking them out separately? The difference in a down year would be important.

Veritaseum charges a 2% engineering and development fee and a 3% research fee of all in-contract assets including returns.
Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:00:01 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 04:35:48 AM by Josef27

ICO count down 21 hours left.. Get your VERI before its too late!

ETH Balance:   35,117.214714849763844981 Ether
ETH USD Value:   $6,480,881.98 (@ $184.55/ETH)
Raised so far..

Repost:
Jsnip4 does a step by step for setting up the MyEtherWallet then sending your ETH and buying VERI

https://youtu.be/tyh-6YQRPyE
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:31:02 AM

I can send ETH via JAXX wallet correct? As long as I hold the private key I can eventually port it to myetherwallet to view the tokens correct?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: