Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:39:08 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 07:10:13 PM by Josef27

Awesome ...!!! Thanks Reggie

Exact ending times or Even starting times is a known issue with smart contracts. It's not really an issue it's how they are designed to work.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem with running a clock against a variable blockchain number is the start or an ending time is only an estimate.  We use a clock the smart contract uses block numbers.

The smart contract is set to start and end on a certain block number. Block number's by nature, are controlled by a lot of external factors that makes timing unknowable to the exact minute.  When they will happen is only an estimate. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 06:40:34 PM

Even tho I think the project is a good one with some good real tech, I feel the fatal flaw will be the lack of distributed tokens.

I would feel alot better about this ICO if there were millions more tokens released.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
Deanero

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:44:51 PM

We will honor any ETH sent to the manual address for the day, up until 9:30 pm EDT (eastern standard time). Email veritas@veritaseum.com to get the manual address. Please be very, very careful of spoofing or phishing attempts. They have been tried more than once. Any email sent from our domain has an SSL seal on it with a domain name that EXACTLY matches our domain name on the site.
We cannot be responsible for phishing attacks or spoofs, and there are plenty bad guys out there.

Reggie,

So we have about 6 hours to send some ETH?

azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:45:58 PM

That's why you shouldn't procrastinate!

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Mbando

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:46:37 PM

According to the website the veritaseum tokens ahould be available on exchanges within 2 - 4 weeks.
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 06:49:54 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 07:05:48 PM by Reggie Middleton

Even tho I think the project is a good one with some good real tech, I feel the fatal flaw will be the lack of distributed tokens.

I would feel alot better about this ICO if there were millions more tokens released.

We sold a lot of tokens. It was actually one of the best tokens sales to date - if not the best! Keep in mind, we didn't play any games - no presales, no hidden discounts to institutions (actually, the individuals got 1st crack at it), 3rd party roadshow marketers (except for paying for advertising after the fact). Demand was extreme, trust me... I'm exhausted. We could've easily pushed the $25M market over the next week, but that would be antithetical to our thesis of adding value. This was not a money grab, it was an opportunity to get enough tokens out into the wild to buttress a new way of value and knowledge transfer through distributed software systems. Next up, we will aggressively market to hedge funds, family offices and UHNWs. I will explain in detail in later posts.

Unlike many other initial token offerings, we have a lot to offer upfront, and we will start doing so after I take the weekend off. Reference http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/18-congrats-and-thank-you-to-all-those-who-participated-in-our-veritas-sale-2

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
AltCity

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 06:52:44 PM

They are divisible to 18 decimal places. I think the metric you are looking for is the Gini coefficient: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gini_coefficient Bitcoin has tended to distribution of assets over time... At some point you can lead a horse to water and you can't make him drink.

Through divisibility the VERI will become more valuable over time. This will allow people to buy in a stake without having to spend a lot of money. I had a conversation last year when Bitcoin was $400 and told someone, to buy $25 to start. The incremental costs in acquiring fractional values of tokens or coins is nominal and a better long term plan due to Dollar Cost Averaging which smooths out the peaks.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:02:11 PM

We sold a lot of tokens, ~ $11M worth. It was actually one of the best tokens sales to date - if not the best! Keep in mind, we didn't play any games - no presales, no hidden discounts to institutions (actually, the individuals got 1st crack at it), 3rd party roadshow marketers (except for paying for advertising after the fact). Demand was extreme, trust me... I'm exhausted. We could've easily pushed the $25M market over the next week, but that would be antithetical to our thesis of adding value. This was not a money grab, it was an opportunity to get enough tokens out into the wild to buttress a new way of value and knowledge transfer through distributed software systems. Next up, we will aggressively market to hedge funds, family offices and UHNWs. I will explain in detail in later posts.

Unlike many other initial token offerings, we have a lot to offer upfront, and we will start doing so after I take the weekend off. Reference http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/18-congrats-and-thank-you-to-all-those-who-participated-in-our-veritas-sale-2
You will want to edit your webpage:
"we are not starting to discuss listing VERI with the various exchanges."
should be (I hope):
"we are now starting to discuss listing VERI with the various exchanges."

Please make sure you are talking to the exchange Bittrex!

Can we assume that the institutional offerings will be for an amount higher than we all paid in Ether in the final days? For instance, ETH was approx $200 at the end, so many of us paid as much as $6.66 USD equivalent. Or I guess, be offered at a higher price than 1/30 ETH.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Reggie Middleton

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 07:10:00 PM

As a community, you can help the process by petitioning your favorite exchange to list VERI, and feel free to point to the GNO research and suggest that summarized forms of such can be offered for many of the tokens they trade. At the end of the day, paying customers have the loudest whispers.
http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/16-the-gnosis-gno-forensic-analysis-and-valuation-report-our-inaugural-digital-asset-research-release

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Deanero

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:11:42 PM

Looking back at my earlier messages, I realise i was being unreasonable.

Apologies, but I really was quite annoyed that I missed this ICO. This will be the first ICO i invested in since LISK.

I thinkthis project could be one of the best long term investments to date, par ETH.

I'll delete my previous messages.

Thank you Reggie for extending the ICO. Much appreciated.

Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

Apologies, but I really was quite annoyed that I missed this ICO. This will be the first ICO i invested in since LISK.

I thinkthis project could be one of the best long term investments to date, par ETH.

Welcome aboard mate!

Repost from CEO Reggie Middleton May 26: Reference ICO

We will honor any ETH sent to the manual address for the day, up until 9:30 pm EDT (eastern standard time). Email veritas@veritaseum.com to get the manual address. Please be very, very careful of spoofing or phishing attempts. They have been tried more than once. Any email sent from our domain has an SSL seal on it with a domain name that EXACTLY matches our domain name on the site.
We cannot be responsible for phishing attacks or spoofs, and there are plenty bad guys out there.
CocoLibre

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:21:47 PM

As a community, you can help the process by petitioning your favorite exchange to list VERI, and feel free to point to the GNO research and suggest that summarized forms of such can be offered for many of the tokens they trade. At the end of the day, paying customers have the loudest whispers.
http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/16-the-gnosis-gno-forensic-analysis-and-valuation-report-our-inaugural-digital-asset-research-release

Liqui should be able to list quickly, it has listed most of the erc20 tokens after their ICOs have closed.
Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:26:58 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 07:52:54 PM by Josef27

Liqui should be able to list quickly, it has listed most of the erc20 tokens after their ICOs have closed.

I found a link to POLO
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Poloniex Coin Request /Cheat sheet below:

It's important to add your own comment why you want it added to the exchange

What is the name of the coin? *
veritaseum

What is the coin's symbol? *
VERI

Please link to the announcement page. *
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1887061.0

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
http://veritaseum.com

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
https://etherscan.io

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange. *

add your own info …..

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.

ERC20 token
Reggie Middleton

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 07:35:48 PM

Actually, although I didn't appreciate your first message, I really do appreciate you being a gentleman and a man about it. Honestly!

*Image Removed*
gee zee

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:41:06 PM

We sold a lot of tokens. It was actually one of the best tokens sales to date - if not the best! Keep in mind, we didn't play any games - no presales, no hidden discounts to institutions (actually, the individuals got 1st crack at it), 3rd party roadshow marketers (except for paying for advertising after the fact). Demand was extreme, trust me... I'm exhausted. We could've easily pushed the $25M market over the next week, but that would be antithetical to our thesis of adding value. This was not a money grab, it was an opportunity to get enough tokens out into the wild to buttress a new way of value and knowledge transfer through distributed software systems. Next up, we will aggressively market to hedge funds, family offices and UHNWs. I will explain in detail in later posts.

Have a nice weekend  Cheesy
Deanero

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

Actually, although I didn't appreciate your first message, I really do appreciate you being a gentleman and a man about it. Honestly!

Honestly, I was being unfair and venting, and quite frankly, acting immature. I went too far and I should know better.

There was no excuse. Again apologies for my silliness.

I really do appreciate the ICO deadline being extended.

Congratulations on raising a nice chunk of change, quite admirable considering there was no real advertising or awareness campaigns.

If you haven't already got one, I would highly recommend opening a Slack channel for investors, it'll help the community grow.

BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 08:49:07 PM

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to fix my mistaken understanding of how many coins were sold.

Best of luck!!!

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
Josef27

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:51:41 PM

Honestly, I was being unfair and venting, and quite frankly, acting immature. I went too far and I should know better.

There was no excuse. Again apologies for my silliness.

I really do appreciate the ICO deadline being extended.

Congratulations on raising a nice chunk of change, quite admirable considering there was no real advertising or awareness campaigns.

If you haven't already got one, I would highly recommend opening a Slack channel for investors, it'll help the community grow.

I second the Slack channel... for the reasons you mentioned
https://slack.com
KalleAnka

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:01:07 PM

My question is - will the floating supply of VERI tokens only ever be about 1 million or about 1% of total supply?

This is about the amount that was issued in the ICO to my knowledge - about 35K ether at 30-1 out of 100 million supply.

My understanding is that the rest of the supply will be sold to institutions directly.  Those tokens will then be used by said institutions to purchase research or run smart contracts and not released onto exchanges.

The reason an institution may use an exchange would be to either
1) Sell some tokens because they no longer find them to be useful (bad sign)
2) Buy tokens if they are trading below price of buying directly (which would take additional supply off the market)

Is this logic correct?  Any thoughts?
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:04:02 PM

I contacted Bittrex as a user to put in my vote to add Veritaseum to the exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: