Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11442 times)
APBobas

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:21:23 AM

Hi BitPotato,

I've won some money yesterday playing the game. Good times.

At the moment I have a serious problem.

After the gold and platinum potato got reset I wanted to play again. I grabbed the potato, it gave me the address to transfer the LTC to. I send the funds to your address and it was verifying the payment. But after both the platinum and gold potato got verified a name, other than mine, showed up.

I think two people bought the same potatoes and now are left without their LTC.

They got sold and I didn't receive any funds for the sold potato...

I have a screenshot of the names that sold the potatoes, other than mine, and here is the transaction:

#27263405   -25.82 LTC   Withdrawal LTC to address LRbbFX3QXnNfmwT2oMvwt2XFQxH79Z3Mcf   
02:59:49

#27260961   -7.5 LTC   Withdrawal LTC to address LKK356TvK9zPPNaMvtg34TXtaMfeTESxM1   
02:52:46

I emailed to support@bitpotato.com, I hope you read those or otherwise read it here.

I don't mind losing my money to a fair game, and I think you earn enough with your site. Please refund my transactions...

--edit

I got a quick response from support@bitpotato.com, they are resolving the issue as we speak. I will post another update if I got my LTC back.

Another important edit:

I just got a refund from the site! Including the fee I've paid!
Bitpotato service is good!
No fraud, no scam, just a legit site with a bug!

I've got the same problem with a platinum potato worth 192.7 LTC right now,
the site is still bugged, someone else called: LTCisMy got my platinum patoto while I bought it.

I hope the site refunds me again and I will wait playing the potato game till the bugs are solved.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superness

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:26:37 AM

Yea I'd love to play some more but atm people are spam clicking that button so quickly that this bug is going to continue to crop up
APBobas

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:45:23 AM

Yea I'd love to play some more but atm people are spam clicking that button so quickly that this bug is going to continue to crop up

They've changed the mechanism now to seeing your own details if you get into the paying the potato... I hope it resolves the bug.

At the moment I didn't receive any email back yet on my 192.77 LTC purchase.

Someone with the name LTCisMy got the potato I bought and will receive lots of LTC without even paying anything.

I want my refund and I hope for BitPotato that they freeze current potatoes because if they paid out to people who didn't buy anything they are losing a lot of earned LTC.

I will keep you posted on this forum about current platinum potato issue.
APBobas

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:04:18 AM

+1 to the above, I had a similar issue where I bought the platinum potato for 37.98 and someone else's name showed up.

Purchase: http://explorer.litecoin.net/tx/1fe3d941f5be77eddb69f0bbb55b5f927cf88573bb5c82d1e5a2fec374c763bf#o0

They've responded quickly letting me know they are looking into it, so at least support is active!

Did you end up receiving the funds for selling the potato? Or did someone else get the money?
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 02:34:33 AM

bought a tater earlier.. tasted good Cheesy

I've got an idea for another game I may develop soon for one of the other altcoins like ppc or trc lol

DUCK DUCK GOOSE MAN!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
APBobas

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:41:30 AM

They've changed the mechanism now to seeing your own details if you get into the paying the potato... I hope it resolves the bug.

Someone with the name LTCisMy got the potato I bought and will receive lots of LTC without even paying anything.

I want my refund and I hope for BitPotato that they freeze current potatoes because if they paid out to people who didn't buy anything they are losing a lot of earned LTC.

Got a nice email back, they are currently having a bug but are really putting a lot of effort on fixing it.
I will receive my funds back and will stay out of the game until they updated me on the error.

Will post an update whenever I received my refund.
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:16:02 AM

+1 to the above, I had a similar issue where I bought the platinum potato for 37.98 and someone else's name showed up.

Purchase: http://explorer.litecoin.net/tx/1fe3d941f5be77eddb69f0bbb55b5f927cf88573bb5c82d1e5a2fec374c763bf#o0

They've responded quickly letting me know they are looking into it, so at least support is active!

Did you end up receiving the funds for selling the potato? Or did someone else get the money?

I did not recieve funds for the platinum potato. I have also not received my LTC back yet.
APBobas

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:41:55 AM

I did not recieve funds for the platinum potato. I have also not received my LTC back yet.

But you've emailed them right?
Did they say they are going to refund you?
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:45:14 AM

I have emailed them, this was their response

"We're sorry to hear about your inconvenience, rest assured we are investigating our logs and will resolve your issue ASAP"
tobobit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:28:15 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 08:42:26 AM by tobobit

Well, I was sent an email saying they were going to refund my payment.  It has been 4 hours since that email, and I still haven't received my refund yet.

edit: I have also a different potato (silver) named "Optional" that I bid and paid for. When 6 confirmations of my payment happened, the potato was re-named "Karla", but I didn't name mine Karla. The potato sold, and I was never given a reward or anything. I did write an email with screenshots.  Having some hope that that one is refunded too.  I hope they fix this double-payment thing, the game is rather fun.

regarding the first payment: about 6 hours later now. I got an email saying the payment was refunded. I see it with 3 confirmations. Glad about that.
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:25:28 AM

I just received an email asking for my address to refund to, they said they would refund the entire amount, so hopefully that happens sometime soon!
RAVENCROW

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:08:08 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 08:28:53 AM by RAVENCROW

same thing has happened to me now, thought i was purchasing a silver potato did it all within the time limit. i emailed them as soon i noticed something wrong with there transaction info ,they emailed me back saying they confirmed my transaction and that if i was 100% sure i sent them the right receiving address and sent my payment within the right amount of time.  Hoping they get back to me with my silver potato or a refund  Huh 35.81 litecoins .....  Cry

฿Allaboutbit ฿฿Cludcoin ฿[/color]
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:58:11 AM

Just got a refund
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:21:43 AM

Greetings all from BitPotato.com!

It's been a rough and tumble day here at bitpotato.com, we've now issued over 200 LTC in out of pocket refunds due to the double spending bug we encountered early this morning. Thankfully, I am pleased to inform you all that the bug has been resolved! It should now be impossible for multiple users to attempt to buy the same potato.

We'd also like to remind you all that making payments out of btc-e accounts is not recommended. It can take several minutes after the payment authorizes for it to actually hit the block chain, leading to payments missing the timeout period. We urge all users to make their payments out of a desktop lightcoin wallet or daemon, the payments process almost instantly that way. From this point onward, we cannot guarantee you a refund if the timer has expired. We have extended it to 7.5 minutes to help account for anyone trying to pay using btc-e, but once again, it is NOT recommended!

We really, really do appreciate all your patience and understanding, as well as all of your feedback and patronage. Stay classy, and keep tatin'! Wink

Sincerely,
The Bit Potato Staff
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:38:36 AM

Hey you guys have been great about the issues, it must be rough dealing with this. Unfortunately after hearing the issue was fixed and receiving a refund I played on this most recent silver potato for 102.28 and it appears to be the same thing.

My name/website is not boner jams 2004 Sad
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:04:01 AM

Hey you guys have been great about the issues, it must be rough dealing with this. Unfortunately after hearing the issue was fixed and receiving a refund I played on this most recent silver potato for 102.28 and it appears to be the same thing.

My name/website is not boner jams 2004 Sad

Sent you a support email.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:56:58 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 04:22:05 PM by Wekkel

Great game, and only for people with balls of steel. Food for gamble addicts  Cool

I can confirm that payments out are working fine.....

RAVENCROW

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:26:10 PM

--UPDATE--

Bitpotato has been very helpful they went back and checked there system and refunded me my 35.81 Litecoin! THANK YOU (might not try playing the potato game again but will recommend due to there excellent customer service at dealing with this issue)  mmhmm bitpotato!  Tongue

฿Allaboutbit ฿฿Cludcoin ฿[/color]
APBobas

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:43:22 PM

Got a nice email back, they are currently having a bug but are really putting a lot of effort on fixing it.
I will receive my funds back and will stay out of the game until they updated me on the error.

Will post an update whenever I received my refund.

I also got my 192.77 LTC (!) for the platinum potato back, same story with double buyers.
Won't be playing bitpotatoes anymore from my BTC-E wallet, got me stressing all night to get my money back and in the end no profits.
But a lot of credit to the bitpotato support! These guys are very helpful and honest to refund us all!
superness

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:22:09 PM

I as well received another refund. I'd love to keep playing, but I'll give them a bit of time to work out the kinks Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: