Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
Faaz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:08:55 PM

Hi there,

Yesterday i thought i bought the silver potato, because it said i could do my payment and it would be mine.
So i did.
After payment, a different name showed up, my LTC's were gone and no refund was obtained.

I've sent you guys an email about the issue yesterday, but i did not receive anything back yet.

Date: 3, 05, 13 02:23
To: btpto LTaPMdDkFPkSkhcvUobMGUAXEfDeBCkkGM
Debit: -21.97 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.1 LTC
Net amount: -22.07 LTC
Transaction ID: 840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

http://ltc.block-explorer.com/tx/840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

It would be nice if you guys could take a look at it and refund my LTC's to LZyR6rwdxVtatPcbpFYim8oGbQ3iMtXL8h

Hope to hear from you, greetings!
Faaz
APBobas

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:18:35 PM

Hi there,

Yesterday i thought i bought the silver potato, because it said i could do my payment and it would be mine.
So i did.
After payment, a different name showed up, my LTC's were gone and no refund was obtained.

I've sent you guys an email about the issue yesterday, but i did not receive anything back yet.

Date: 3, 05, 13 02:23
To: btpto LTaPMdDkFPkSkhcvUobMGUAXEfDeBCkkGM
Debit: -21.97 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.1 LTC
Net amount: -22.07 LTC
Transaction ID: 840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

http://ltc.block-explorer.com/tx/840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

It would be nice if you guys could take a look at it and refund my LTC's to LZyR6rwdxVtatPcbpFYim8oGbQ3iMtXL8h

Hope to hear from you, greetings!
Faaz

I had this problem before and they refunded my LTC. But yesterday the same happened and still no answer on my support request. Let us know when they answer you.
Faaz

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:36:02 PM

I will do that. They seem to deliver good and active support. And they provided refund in most cases, described on this thread. Fingers crossed!
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:09:17 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 10:30:58 AM by BitPotato

Does this really work?

A bit buggy but it is legit, at the moment there are many bots at work so you dont get the actually buy cheap potatoes  Huh
Its more like battle bots until the site owner adds captchas and other simple human test to at least slow it down. I have the impression he doesnt care as long as he gets his cut (I wouldnt be surprised if he added more potatoes without warning anyone to increase profit).

He might as well raise the baseline price of the potatoes to 100LTC which is where the bots seem to sleep.

Luckily someone could make a copy site and only take a smaller percent of a cut on the dead potatoes which right now is really high
(the highest profit potato gives 50% to the site owner and 100% to the potato seller) .eBay/paypal eat your heart out.

The site is not owned by a single person, and our lowest profit takes 5% of the total price. The point is that you can choose your level of risk, so we don't really need a clone site to do that for us since we already do it. However we do appreciate your feedback. As for the bots issue we currently feel that it is over the top to require users to enter a captcha before they can buy the potato. As said before we are monitoring the frequency of clicks from unique visitors, and once we roll out version 2 of the site we will have a panel to manually ban them for temporary amounts of time. We feel this is a much more elegant solution that won't hurt innocent users as much as a captcha, while still being able to root out the (comparatively) small number of botters. Remember, 100 people clicking on the potato at once is more traffic than a single bot can usually generate.

Best Regards!
Bit Potato
jj9guy

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:15:09 PM

Could you update us when any of the updates actually go live because currently the site is a waste of time for anyone that hasnt programmed a bot which is why all potatoes are just sit one iteration away from under 100LTC. Anyone buying a potato after 100LTC is just bailing out the bot who bought the last sub 100 LTC potato.

For the people writing bots I would suggest the following

* You should consider locking all the potatoes except one to try to drive any buyer to a specific to potato you want them to buy by not allowing them to buy any other potato.

* Consider running your bots from multiple instances in the nearest EC2 location.

* You dont need to query the site as often because the timers so just use that info to try to make all your queries less suspicious including running multiple instances of your bot so that they can come from more ips.

* Use the locks to your advantage.

* latency is important for beating other bots so lower level languages will be more competitive.

* Put your LTC lower threshold than the other bots to prevent your bot from being the bagholder.
Deathdisguise

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:37:33 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 07:33:01 AM by Deathdisguise

EDIT: Fully refunded, thanks BP!

A blatantly lazy copy/paste directly from the email I have just sent support@bitpotato.com..

Hello, Bit Potato.

Here's an update on the unresolved issues I have encountered with your website. Please note that I still hold no ill feeling towards it, as I can understand how bugs can be annoying to track down.
In all cases, the potato was clicked rapidly until the "You almost have the potato!" message popped up, where I correctly used the information to send LTC to your wallets. The first two are old issues I have brought back up as you haven't gotten back to be on them. The last two are new ones.

Unfortunately, I've been 'withheld' so much LTC that I have to stop using this until these issues are corrected.
If able to refund any of these (sale profit not required), please send them to the following address:

LTC ADDRESS : <address here>

Thanks again for the great website,
<name>.

Date: 5/2/2013 12:48
To: LLA736txvYQS1iK9aFUBSHTDeaF1EAzqT4
Debit: -32.40 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.01 LTC
Net amount: -32.41 LTC
Transaction ID: e61d7d285d372b84ce6567543b1c26a2e9ce6525d42ea9899a07d9ee658c420b

NOTE: Was sent to the requested address. Payment was sent to another person. No update on this yet.

=================================================

Date: 5/2/2013 12:51
To: LKK356TvK9zPPNaMvtg34TXtaMfeTESxM1
Debit: -53.79 LTC
Net amount: -53.80 LTC
Transaction ID: e8f894740ee0393a3a08785b6c89c177b06683a0c3a65c1c06b88e2d2faefbb9

NOTE: Was sent to the requested address. Payment was sent to another person (again). No update on this yet.

Date: 5/4/2013 16:47
To: LLA736txvYQS1iK9aFUBSHTDeaF1EAzqT4
Debit: -53.14 LTC
Net amount: -53.15 LTC
Transaction ID: 0ed39f01fab412c9690aeba3f06a4df1650188bd62066bf3418645f7c80c8612

NOTE: Was sent to requested address. Appears to be a double payment (I hope).

Date: 5/4/2013 21:34
To: LWJbQ9JVx4afnswA4VBs7DMCNwbfkjNrRG
Debit: -30.24 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.10 LTC
Net amount: -30.34 LTC
Transaction ID: cc7dac214448f0d69ef21d44c3355ed70e317aa323d150cd6c45e84041605d46

NOTE: Just happened. Same situation as above.

That's over 600 dollars in LTC I'm now waiting for..
The website is great, and 80% of the time I end up getting paid without issue... but that 20% of the time is holding me back pretty hard right now!
APBobas

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:41:00 AM

Hi Bit Potato staff,

I bought the radioactive potato yesterday at 10 LTC with a desktop wallet as you recommended after previous bugs (even set fee at 0.05 LTC for fast transactions).
But some one else still got the potato instead of me, so the bug for double payments is still active.

Transaction details:

Date: 2, 5, 13 21:21
To: Bit Potato Radioactive LcxPitkHjEWPjJMy5cQJMLaTgAoi1zzMAv
Debit: -10.00 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.05 LTC
Net amount: -10.05 LTC
Transaction ID: 9c10c045e0df85c8752168d34e52ebc0e32c9caac3a23b363f38387b6819ff1e

I've send support an email 24 hours ago but didn't receive a reaction yet.

I want my 10 LTC transaction refunded please at
LbbWMvcXFEL9RdWcxH7ro8UrrQPi6pPGtj

Kind regards,

AP Bobas

Got refunded for this issue by Bit Potato's great support team.

Another issue came up this morning though, I bought the spud several times because it was still low, but 3 times I paid for the spud and someone else got the hold of it. Even with high fee for fast transactions and desktop wallet (Litecoin-Qt).

Support is currently looking into it, I'll keep you posted...
BitPotato

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:08:58 AM

Could you update us when any of the updates actually go live because currently the site is a waste of time for anyone that hasnt programmed a bot which is why all potatoes are just sit one iteration away from under 100LTC. Anyone buying a potato after 100LTC is just bailing out the bot who bought the last sub 100 LTC potato.

For the people writing bots I would suggest the following

* You should consider locking all the potatoes except one to try to drive any buyer to a specific to potato you want them to buy by not allowing them to buy any other potato.

* Consider running your bots from multiple instances in the nearest EC2 location.

* You dont need to query the site as often because the timers so just use that info to try to make all your queries less suspicious including running multiple instances of your bot so that they can come from more ips.

* Use the locks to your advantage.

* latency is important for beating other bots so lower level languages will be more competitive.

* Put your LTC lower threshold than the other bots to prevent your bot from being the bagholder.

All very good advise! Though your ethics aren't exactly respectable your point is well taken, and we strongly invite all of your feedback and insight. Just be aware that we are logging all traffic to the POST url, and we WILL begin banning system abusers as soon as version 2 of the site is rolled out. To respond to your, display, shall we call it, we have definitely not taken the idea of human input verification off the table. Version 2 of the site should be live by the end of the week of May 5th, we will absolutely post about the updates on twitter and in all of our official threads.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:23:16 AM

A blatantly lazy copy/paste directly from the email I have just sent support@bitpotato.com..
The website is great, and 80% of the time I end up getting paid without issue... but that 20% of the time is holding me back pretty hard right now!

This is a good time to make a small announcement regarding the current state of our support system. Right now we are really being slowed down by users asking for refunds on payments that either cannot be proven to be due to a site error, or payments that were sent after the timer has expired. Since originally implementing the current fix to the double spending bug on April 30th, we've received a total of 4 users with complaints that have not been confirmed to be due to a user error, in comparison to the 30 or so complaints we received within the first hour of the bug occurring originally. While we definitely are not saying the bug is fixed, we are saying we're having a lot of trouble finding evidence that it is not, and if the bug is still happening, it is most definitely at a much lower frequency.

For all the users who send in tickets that end up not being due to a site error, we spend at least 1-2 hours connecting all the dots in our site logs and the block chain to be absolutely sure there were no errors on the site before we, unfortunately, inform them that we cannot give them a refund. This takes an extremely large amount of time comparatively speaking, and is why we have been experiencing such huge delays on support tickets. So basically, please be sure you're experiencing a legitimate bug before you send in a support ticket, it slows us down from actually tracking down any real potential bugs.

Lastly, when sending in a support email, be sure to include as much information as possible. Describe in detail how you think your issue was related to a site error, give us block chain links verifying where the payments are going and what happened to them, anything and everything you can send to back up the legitimacy of your issue will make it MUCH easier for us to give you an expedient refund.

As always, we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding. Above all things we really want to preserve our integrity, and we appreciate all of your support!

Best Wishes,
The Bit Potato Staff
Lailoken

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:35:40 AM

This is a good time to make a small announcement regarding the current state of our support system. Right now we are really being slowed down by users asking for refunds on payments that either cannot be proven to be due to a site error, or payments that were sent after the timer has expired. Since originally implementing the current fix to the double spending bug on April 30th, we've received a total of 4 users with complaints that have not been confirmed to be due to a user error, in comparison to the 30 or so complaints we received within the first hour of the bug occurring originally. While we definitely are not saying the bug is fixed, we are saying we're having a lot of trouble finding evidence that it is not, and if the bug is still happening, it is most definitely at a much lower frequency.

For all the users who send in tickets that end up not being due to a site error, we spend at least 1-2 hours connecting all the dots in our site logs and the block chain to be absolutely sure there were no errors on the site before we, unfortunately, inform them that we cannot give them a refund. This takes an extremely large amount of time comparatively speaking, and is why we have been experiencing such huge delays on support tickets. So basically, please be sure you're experiencing a legitimate bug before you send in a support ticket, it slows us down from actually tracking down any real potential bugs.

Lastly, when sending in a support email, be sure to include as much information as possible. Describe in detail how you think your issue was related to a site error, give us block chain links verifying where the payments are going and what happened to them, anything and everything you can send to back up the legitimacy of your issue will make it MUCH easier for us to give you an expedient refund.

As always, we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding. Above all things we really want to preserve our integrity, and we appreciate all of your support!

Best Wishes,
The Bit Potato Staff

Hello Bit Potato! You have a very entertaining site, and I was enjoying it for a while with several successful potato transactions. I'm certain that my issue is not one that was caused by user error. I emailed you the details, it was regarding the spud potato at 43.49. I know you are getting a lot of reports right now but a response would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

edit: just wanted to edit in and say that I just received an e-mail from support confirming they read my email and are looking into it. was a very quick response, and a good sign for bit potato, cheers!
mrhood

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:57:19 AM

cool looking forward to playing this!
BitPotato

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:09:24 AM

Following a payment request i loaded up a radioactive potato, watched the "verifying payment" to finally see someone else got my potato!!?!

please answer my PM, i have proven amount and address it was sent to/and destination address (and message i was going to that i submitted, i am now short 70.90 BTC

thanks

Please send an email to our support staff, the email can be found in the FAQ section of bitpotato.com
alexanderroth80

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:02:50 AM

lite potato?
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:38:11 PM

The site name wasn't thought out well considering it's litecoin based. You should have gone with a play on words like "Spud Lite" Wink
CoinBomb

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

There is a bitcoin alternative at http://www.coinbomb.com

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

why did everything get so quiet all of a sudden on the potato front?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:37:53 PM

Were you hoping it might get interesting Wink

(Only posting because I need to get out of newbie cage, sorry!  Three posts done....)

我想要火箭和火车
demoniality

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:46:24 PM

(Only posting because I need to get out of newbie cage, sorry!  Three posts done....)
Well yeah it's been crazy every day then i go and buy the silver potato and the action stopped!

Lailoken

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:15:02 PM

Well yeah it's been crazy every day then i go and buy the silver potato and the action stopped!

It seems they are having some...technical issues Sad
demoniality

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:17:32 PM

It seems they are having some...technical issues Sad
what makes you say that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: