Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
dman99

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:59:52 PM

coinbomb.com and cryptosomething.com seem to be hogging all of the potatoes.

Please prevent this spamming.  Probably not gonna buy any potatoes until it's fixed.
Lailoken

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:04:11 PM

bitpotato your competitors are timing out your potatoes to advertise their URL's...

this, clearly using a bot too, locking them all down....

been like this for over 2 hours now, starting to get a bit concerned...my potato expiring in a bit : /

demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:15:07 PM

man if i owned a botnet i would run those two unmentioned competitors into the ground right now, so annoying..

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
Faaz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:30:37 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 05:17:35 AM by Faaz

Hi there,

Yesterday i thought i bought the silver potato, because it said i could do my payment and it would be mine.
So i did.
After payment, a different name showed up, my LTC's were gone and no refund was obtained.

I've sent you guys an email about the issue yesterday, but i did not receive anything back yet.

Date: 3, 05, 13 02:23
To: btpto LTaPMdDkFPkSkhcvUobMGUAXEfDeBCkkGM
Debit: -21.97 LTC
Transaction fee: -0.1 LTC
Net amount: -22.07 LTC
Transaction ID: 840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

http://ltc.block-explorer.com/tx/840887814e2c5bbe9cba1a57cb9dc441f4029a6a6352e8815a382188de25e039

It would be nice if you guys could take a look at it and refund my LTC's to LZyR6rwdxVtatPcbpFYim8oGbQ3iMtXL8h

Hope to hear from you, greetings!
Faaz

Resolved @ 05-13-13
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:14:07 PM

Please prevent this spamming.  Probably not gonna buy any potatoes until it's fixed.

Yes, we're aware of the petty attack. We'd like to mention that while we have not interacted on the competing websites at all, we are IP banned from them. Our competitors fear us, and have resorted to pathetic underhanded tactics to try and push their ripoff idea forward. We have temporarily removed the username display from the potatoes, and we will have a permanent solution by the end of the day. We apologize for the inconvenience, and for the manners of our friendly competitors.
Lailoken

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:14:28 PM

well they stopped the spam at least

edit: ^wizarded
dman99

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:17:54 PM

I recently noticed that the amount of time for awaiting payments has dropped from 7 minutes to 5 minutes.

Can we at least get a notice before you change something like this?  Due to the limited amount of time I wasn't able to send the funds and didn't manage to get my potato.
Faaz

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:25:42 PM

I recently noticed that the amount of time for awaiting payments has dropped from 7 minutes to 5 minutes.

Can we at least get a notice before you change something like this?  Due to the limited amount of time I wasn't able to send the funds and didn't manage to get my potato.

I'm using litecoinQt and as soon as i click the "Grab it!" button and send my payment, it's getting from "waiting "to "verifying" within a second. The whole procedure takes less than a minute or so. What are you using? Five minutes is plenty enough time (for most of us) to make a payment.
jj9guy

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:29:10 PM

The consolation is a total joke. It seems as if the owners give you 50% of what they want to regardless of the profits made on that potato since it last expired.

We award 50% of the profits we made for that round, no more, no less. We invite you to do the math yourself. We do not take a very large commission. We also do not make profits off the last person playing the game, as their payment goes to the previous buyer, we take the same commission like any other sale during that round. The only sale we make a profit on is the first one, which we have been trying to keep around 10 LTC.
The math doesnt work out. You make a profit on every sale, a potato gets sold at 250% profit and 100% profit goes to the seller of the potato. Who profits off the remaining 150%?
BitPotato

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

Can we at least get a notice before you change something like this?  Due to the limited amount of time I wasn't able to send the funds and didn't manage to get my potato.

We received many complaints about the length of the timer. We post about all site changes on our twitter feed.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:43:26 PM

The math doesnt work out. You make a profit on every sale, a potato gets sold at 250% profit and 100% profit goes to the seller of the potato. Who profits off the remaining 150%?

Say the god's potato is sold for 50. The previous value was 20. (20 * 2.5 = 50)
* 20 LTC pays out to the previous owner (100% profit)
* 15 LTC goes into the consolation pot for that round (50% of total profits)
* 15 LTC goes into profits (50% of total profits)
BitPotato

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:58:41 PM

Letting all users know that we've changed the attempted buyer display to only show the receive address. This is how the site is going to remain, the attempted buyer address was implemented solely so users can be sure that they are buying the correct potato. Besides this attack, people have been abusing it as free advertising or to otherwise convey messages, which was not its intended purpose. We're still working on a more permanent solution in the meantime. Thank you for your support and understanding, as always.
CoinBomb

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:42:25 PM

I would like to note that we had zero affiliation with whomever was attacking bitpotato. The bitpotato staff have been IP banned from our website for resorting to petty tactics such as locking bombs out in an attempt to deny them which we can back up with server logs and identification of the owner of bitpotato (tralawar) who likes to slander the competition with lies in an attempt to compete. (Proof here: http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=username&search=tralawar)

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:53:59 PM

I would like to note that we had zero affiliation with whomever was attacking bitpotato.

I'd just like to "break character" for a moment so to speak and say that I am not tralawar, our site is maintained by multiple people, and I am personally IP banned from your site. I have never used it before, I've merely viewed the page. I think it's incredibly petty, and I doubt I'm the only one here who finds it hard to believe that your website had no connection with the attack. There is not a single party that would benefit from doing so besides yours. We'd appreciate you no longer posting in our thread, you have not demonstrated any kind of manners, your website is a word for word rip-off of ours, and cross posting into our thread in an attempt to save face from this blatant attack borders on being offensive.
CoinBomb

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

No other parties? there were at least 3 website URLs used in the attack.

We've stated our point now. That's the last we need to say. If you want to accuse us any more, you'll need to provide some solid proof rather than "belief".

EDIT : If you've been IP banned from the site, then you may share an IP with someone who was hammering the locking mechanism. It's not petty, its an automatic ban.

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:32:54 AM

If you've been IP banned from the site, then you may share an IP with someone who was hammering the locking mechanism. It's not petty, its an automatic ban.

I definitely don't. This is a residential connection, I'm the only one on it, and all I have ever done is view the website. Unless your system bans IPs for sending a GET request to your page, I don't think the ban was automatic. Thank you.
CoinBomb

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:38:24 AM

then email admin@coinbomb.com then we can remove your IP. residential connections can still share an IP with others - depending on your ISP configuration.

(PS - how would we know from a simple get request that you own bit potato, and then use that information to ban you? it doesnt make sense)

BitPotato

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:46:00 AM

(PS - how would we know from a simple get request that you own bit potato, and then use that information to ban you? it doesnt make sense)

I know it doesn't make sense, that's why I'm wondering why I'm banned. I don't know where my IP is shown publicly that would associate me with the website. I'll shoot you an email.
rapidchris

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:48:25 AM

Also having issues (have emailed support@bitpotato.com)
I bought a potato...
It sold before the timer ran out..
according to the previous owners log it wasn't bought and I received 0 LTC consolation..

I seen that it did infact sell before the timer ran out.. so am rather annoyed with the fact I'm sitting here with no return..
Seen others have received a refund when their buys have been 'lost in limbo' so hopefully I get what I should have earned! (56.79 + 39.75 profit [or even just my original payment back! Sad] )

.. I would have to 'follow' the others and say I don't think I'll be using the site again until they've ironed out the kinks!

(will update this post/post agan when I receive a reply and hopefully everything is sorted out!)

After an e-mail back and forth I have now received a full refund of my original purchase amount.

Smiley Kudos @ Mining United . com Smiley                   
[/glow]
Good website Idea and great support team, shame many rip-offs are setting up shop & most likely just copy and pasting your coding! Sad
Good luck with the site & I hope the others admit defeat once you have all your kinks worked out! Smiley
Lailoken

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

it's like a pyramid scheme.

personally I think it's a more fair analogy to compare it to poker. the pot grows, people bluff, people get greedy, and ultimately some people win and some people lose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: