Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

If you buy the 3 hour potato even when it resets you have no chance of selling it. It's a great earner for the site but cmon guys this thing needs a rethink.

edit: tell a lie you may sell it but it seems in the last 2 days there's less than a 50% chance of doing so.

apparently someone told them that lower timers are a good idea.
Well as they only make money off the first potato i understand why they do it. And i fully appreciate that they want to make money too. But so do we, and if its too hard or risky to make anything, people will just disappear. There needs to be a balance.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
dman99

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:40:49 PM

If you buy the 3 hour potato even when it resets you have no chance of selling it. It's a great earner for the site but cmon guys this thing needs a rethink.

edit: tell a lie you may sell it but it seems in the last 2 days there's less than a 50% chance of doing so.

He's right.  I've seen the 3-hour potato only receive one purchase over the past 4 or 5 rounds.  People will soon figure this out and they won't even bother with it.

Honestly, messing around with the top row is worthless.  The starting prices are just too high so each potato will only receive one or two purchases.  Until they change something, I'm totally ignoring these four potatoes.

Coinbomb seems to be a lot more unpredictable and also has a lot more winners since they start with lower prices.  Bitpotato's interface is a lot better, so I would love to see them follow coinbomb in this regard.

If you read this thread Bitpotato says the only money they make is really the initial purchase.  So their idea was to make the initial purchase much bigger.  This results in more money for them, but a lot less winners.  Greedy.
demoniality

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:47:27 PM

The 'user' who's payment address starts LhRXfDoDuN is a serious botter who's constantly screwing around with and locking up potatoes. cmon bitpotato you were supposed to ban these botters by now, this same guy seems to buy every potato.

jamey2244

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:31:23 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 11:58:42 PM by jamey2244

Since using bitpotato, coinbomb, and almost all the other game like this very frequently, I can honestly say that coinbomb is better and has their shit together more than bitpotato and the others.  On bitpotato, no one even buys the potatoes anymore past the 3rd and sometimes the 2nd purchase, so if you don't beat the bots when the reset occurs, you're going to lose money if you buy a potato.

Personal opinion of why Coinbomb is better:

•Unsuccessful locks will extend the main timer by the same amount of time.
•The verification process seems to go faster on coinbomb.
•The 24 hour timers are awesome and should stay that way.
•The amount remaining to pay is nice to see (because you can see if the person is actually trying to pay for it).
•It's way easier to get a bomb.
•The timers don't lag if you stay on the page for a long time.
•The one-time bombs that appear allow for a huge profit and are a nice change up.
•Supports LTC as well as BTC.
Deathdisguise

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:58:28 PM

The 'user' who's payment address starts LhRXfDoDuN is a serious botter who's constantly screwing around with and locking up potatoes. cmon bitpotato you were supposed to ban these botters by now, this same guy seems to buy every potato.

I lock the potatoes on the last 5 minutes because they're just going to be locked by someone else before the timer runs out any ways. No point waiting around another 5 minutes. >.>;;
demoniality

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

I lock the potatoes on the last 5 minutes because they're just going to be locked by someone else before the timer runs out any ways. No point waiting around another 5 minutes. >.>;;
Your botting or using software to help you click, it's just ridiclous how many you are getting. You will kill the site because nobody else will bother.

demoniality

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:04:00 PM

Since using bitpotato, coinbomb, and almost all the other game like this very frequently, I can honestly say that coinbomb is better and has their shit together more than bitpotato and the others.  On bitpotato, no one even buys the potatoes anymore past the 3rd and sometimes the 2nd purchase, so if you don't beat the bots when the reset occurs, you're going to lose money if you buy a potato.

Reasons Coinbomb is better:

•The amount remaining to pay is nice to see (because you can see if the person is actually trying to pay for it).
•The one-time bombs that appear allow for a huge profit and are a nice change up.

Coinbomb is amazing and seems all around more stable.  I hope things stay this great.
blatant post by a coinbomb employee reinorced by the fact you pasted this from the coinbomb thread. Who does that who doesn't have an agenda? So obvious.

huilaitrer

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:59:15 PM

people posting these things need to start getting banned
jamey2244

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:56:47 PM

Since using bitpotato, coinbomb, and almost all the other game like this very frequently, I can honestly say that coinbomb is better and has their shit together more than bitpotato and the others.  On bitpotato, no one even buys the potatoes anymore past the 3rd and sometimes the 2nd purchase, so if you don't beat the bots when the reset occurs, you're going to lose money if you buy a potato.

Coinbomb is amazing and seems all around more stable.  I hope things stay this great.
blatant post by a coinbomb employee reinorced by the fact you pasted this from the coinbomb thread. Who does that who doesn't have an agenda? So obvious.

I can't just be a person who is expressing an opinion, fuck me right?  I posted in the coinbomb thread as well to voice my opinion to them so they don't follow in bitpotato's footsteps and lower the timers/ruin a current good thing.  I love bitpotato and coinbomb both and use them regularly every day.  Bitpotato has personally paid me over 200 LTC to date and I have done my fair share of promoting the site to friends and telling people about bitpotato in the trollbox on btc-e as well.  I am no coinbomb employee and I was just stating bitpotato's faults in hope that constructive criticism is taken. Bitpotato was better when there were only 4 potatoes and the timers were at 24 hours. At first, I thought the 4 new potatoes were a great idea, but you can't tell me that the volume of potato sales has not went down ever since they added 4 more and lowered the timers.
demoniality

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:21:28 AM

Coinbomb is amazing and seems all around more stable.  I hope things stay this great.

I can't just be a person who is expressing an opinion, fuck me right?  I posted in the coinbomb thread as well to voice my opinion to them so they don't follow in bitpotato's footsteps and lower the timers/ruin a current good thing.  I love bitpotato and coinbomb both and use them regularly every day.  Bitpotato has personally paid me over 200 LTC to date and I have done my fair share of promoting the site to friends and telling people about bitpotato in the trollbox on btc-e as well.  I am no coinbomb employee and I was just stating bitpotato's faults in hope that constructive criticism is taken. Bitpotato was better when there were only 4 potatoes and the timers were at 24 hours. At first, I thought the 4 new potatoes were a great idea, but you can't tell me that the volume of potato sales has not went down ever since they added 4 more and lowered the timers.
The giveaway was needing to post in both threads. A thankyou and approval of coinbomb would involve posting in their thread and leaving it be. But because you are not just a user, but part of coinbomb, you had to go and paste it here too to try and lure customers away from bitpotato. And that is also why you are bothering to defend your 'position'. You know that, i know that. Stop the little game. All but one of your posts are coinbomb advertising. The more you try to lie the more proactive i will become.

JungleBook

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:28:13 AM

it Potato!!! Come Play...

bitpotato.com

Low Risk High Yield Investment Game!

-Advertise yourself and make LTC's doing it!!
-Make huge gains on each purchase! UP TO 35%
-Only reset is the timer itself!
-Add time to you purchase!
-Receive consolations

We spent a long time and worked hard on this... Hope you like it!

MOD EDIT:
There is no guaranteed profit, please lookup the definition of a ponzi scheme before doing anything

+1
jamey2244

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:32:29 AM

I can't just be a person who is expressing an opinion, fuck me right?  I posted in the coinbomb thread as well to voice my opinion to them so they don't follow in bitpotato's footsteps and lower the timers/ruin a current good thing.  I love bitpotato and coinbomb both and use them regularly every day.  Bitpotato has personally paid me over 200 LTC to date and I have done my fair share of promoting the site to friends and telling people about bitpotato in the trollbox on btc-e as well.  I am no coinbomb employee and I was just stating bitpotato's faults in hope that constructive criticism is taken. Bitpotato was better when there were only 4 potatoes and the timers were at 24 hours. At first, I thought the 4 new potatoes were a great idea, but you can't tell me that the volume of potato sales has not went down ever since they added 4 more and lowered the timers.
The giveaway was needing to post in both threads. A thankyou and approval of coinbomb would involve posting in their thread and leaving it be. But because you are not just a user, but part of coinbomb, you had to go and paste it here too to try and lure customers away from bitpotato. And that is also why you are bothering to defend your 'position'. You know that, i know that. Stop the little game. All but one of your posts are coinbomb advertising. The more you try to lie the more proactive i will become.

If I was trying to lure people away why would I state that bitpotato has made me over 200 LTC? Is that one sentence not enough to entice someone in?  By the sound of it, you could be working for a company and are trying to discredit others for another's gain. Shill tactics maybe?  I love bitpotato and the idea behind it and I know I will keep using it.  I don't want to lure anyone away.  I strive for people to use both since they are both legit, and the more people that use the services mean more people buying potatoes and bombs.  My agenda is only wanting litecoin to become more popular than it is, and make a little profit in the process. Arguing with someone on the internet is like the special olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.
jamey2244

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:42:51 AM

Same for the GOD's potato.  It starts at 15.56 LTC, then after the 1st buyer gets verified, it goes to 38.85 where it'll stay until it resets.  So basically if you buy the potato, you automatically lose your money with no chance of profit.
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:31:32 AM

Greetings from http://bitpotato.com/static/bitpotato.pngitPotato.com!

We are pleased to announce that all Potatoes now have a starting price of less than 2 LTC!

As many of you have observed, potatoes have begun to sell very few times per round. While the gradual decline on the high price is natural, we want more users to have the opportunity to play in a single round. So we're lowering the prices, even though the first buy makes us the most profit. We've been listening to all of your input, and are collaborating to make informed decisions about the site. So please, keep giving us your feedback over email and forum, we promise no word falls upon deaf ears! All starting prices are randomized periodically, now always less than 2 LTC. Best wishes, and happy hunting!
Lailoken

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:19:39 PM

Great to hear about the change to lower starting prices! I think it's a smart move and you'll see the community will support you in return. Do you have a rough estimate for when the site will be back online for cheap potatoes?
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:39:05 PM

is the site down?
BitPotato

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:12:16 PM

Yes, the site is currently unreachable. We're working right now to bring it back online.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:18:24 PM

Update on that, the site is currently under a DDoS attack.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:26:02 PM

The site is now back online! Thank you for your patience.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:41:06 PM

More information, here is the main IP address involved:
50.194.211.158 : g - geolocation - tracert

We received a flood of requests, mainly from this IP, that ultimately saturated our connections.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: