Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:23:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
Deathdisguise

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:05:46 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 07:41:03 PM by Deathdisguise

3) The consolation for the Silver portato is 15%, I paid 21.53, but received as consolation only 1.05LTC.

That threw me for a loop the first time until I re-read the rules. The consolation prize is a % of each amount of PROFIT that the website* gains.

So if a potato bought for 1 LTC sells for 2.5 (0.5 LTC to the website), and the consolation is 50%, the consolation prize has gone up 0.25 LTC!

*edited my mistake. Wink
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:16:00 PM

Seems legit.
BitPotato

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:19:04 AM

Ever since the decrease in initial price I've been incredibly active on this site and having some great luck.  Awesome job guys!

From a technical aspect, I've analyzed the JavaScript of both Bit Potato and Coinbomb.  It's always interesting to see different ways to approach the same problem.  I will have to say that BitPotato's code is better at ensuring you always have updated data, but at the cost of being more heavily dependent upon the server.  There are definitely ways I can see to avoid the "Duplicate winner" problems mentioned with the existing data.

I can also easily see ways to minimize the message sizes sent by both /potats and /grabit.  Especially with /potats; there seems to be a lot of unnecessary data being transmitted with every query.  If a lot of this data were served up by a different script (maybe query it every 5 minutes or so) and only the time critical data were served by /potats, you could see the message size decrease significantly, meaning less load on your server and much quicker responses.  Message size is everything when dealing with AJAX since these messages will be transmitted thousands and thousands of times.

One small change which I would suggest: consolation prize amounts is still really unclear.  I would say instead of showing a percentage, show the current consolation prize for the potato.  So, instead of a potato saying "40% consolation" it would display" Current Consolation: 3.1 LTC" or whatever.  This would clear up a LOT of confusion.

Thank you for your input, the consolation amount is a good idea. It is unclear, as it is a percentage of our profits, not the profits the players make. This is the only value we can guarantee on potatoes with larger returns. CoinBomb copied our initial model, where the consolation prize was a percentage of player's profits. This held up in terms of the commission we took, cutting into our profits but not putting us in the red. Since CoinBomb went with our initial setup of four potatoes (bombs) for the same values/gains that model held up for them. When we introduced the higher yield potatoes, our profits were no longer enough to pay the consolation prizes, so we had to change the model to something more consistent, i.e. a percentage of the profits we take off every transaction. Do you think you could send an email to support@bitpotato.com about your suggestions for the javascript? It would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Bit Potato
bitten

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:24:19 AM

Not for me.
Faaz

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:27:20 AM

I would like to give these guys some credit for putting effort in sending refunds for flaws on their behalf.

I've lost like 22.07 coins last week and got very pissed about the fact they kept ignoring my messages.
After a while i've sent another email and they replied to me sayin they were very busy answering emails and such.

Long story short, they refunded my missing coins just a minute ago and i'm very happy to see that this is not a scam what so ever.

I'm keep on playing this game. The website has to be finetuned and therefore ppl should not complain but post some good feedback. Because eventually all the flaws will be ironed out!

Totally legit!
matreciman

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:17:44 AM

I would also like to add any time I have had an issue they have refunded my LTC in full each time. Sometimes they are a little busy with other emails and such but they have always got back to me and fixed the situation properly. You have no worries about this company scamming you. Understand it is gambling and you can lose but if you lose your coins due to an error or a bug they have always fixed the issue in my experience.
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:13:56 AM

Faaz and matreciman, both guys with less than 6 posts. One of them with 1 post; saying "they refund me".

Come on bitpotato, you scammed people with the price change and now I think you are making fake accounts to clean your bad reputation.
Hope an admin check the IPs from where those "users" wrote; i bet it's the same as you.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
Lailoken

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:52:23 AM

Faaz and matreciman, both guys with less than 6 posts. One of them with 1 post; saying "they refund me".

Come on bitpotato, you scammed people with the price change and now I think you are making fake accounts to clean your bad reputation.
Hope an admin check the IPs from where those "users" wrote; i bet it's the same as you.

I don't think so. Coincidentally, I was the one who was holding the spud that you circled in your screenshot. Bitpotato refunded me completely, and while they may be having some issues regarding security I think they're a legitimate company.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:13:13 AM

I've just PM'd a forum moderator and asked them to confirm for you that they both have unique IP addresses. We are not scam artists, we did not make fake accounts, these are legitimate users trying to inform other users of their experiences with the site. Some of them even made forum accounts specifically to do so. Instead of trashing up our thread, we'd be happy to help sort out any issues you experienced over email. If you could send an email to our support account, which can be found on at the bottom of the FAQ on our website, we'll gladly assist you.

Best Regards!
Bit Potato
Twerka

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:45:30 AM

I've just PM'd a forum moderator and asked them to confirm for you that they both have unique IP addresses.

Perfect, if you are saying the truth then I'll owe you an apology.
About the "support email" I sent you a personal message on: May 12, 2013, 03:08:58 PM.

For everything I said, I strongly recommend not to use the site "bitpotato".

I don't think so. Coincidentally, I was the one who was holding the spud that you circled in your screenshot. Bitpotato refunded me completely, and while they may be having some issues regarding security I think they're a legitimate company.

That's awesome to hear; I had one of the other seven potatoes and didn't received a thing. Not even an answer to a PM.

BitPotato

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:48:20 AM

About the "support email" I sent you a personal message on: May 12, 2013, 03:08:58 PM.

We do not check private messages on the forum, please send an email to our support account, it can be found at the bottom of the FAQ on our website.
Deathdisguise

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:58:57 PM

I also initially started here with a new account simply to post on this forum. Smiley Unfortunately, due to LTC prices and warning signals, I've sold it all for USD right now. =P
ontosopic

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:00:54 PM

dangerously addictive
Twerka

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:10:50 PM

We do not check private messages on the forum, please send an email to our support account, it can be found at the bottom of the FAQ on our website.

No, this time YOU are going to check your PM, and see what I wrote you. If you are part of BitPotato, you can foward it to the support team, if you have one.
And you should answer me here, in public.

Like I said, I don't care about the --"lost coins"-- but seems to be you care a lot about your reputation.
This thread is full of people with less than 10 posts ""praising"" the website.

demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:33:00 PM

No, this time YOU are going to check your PM, and see what I wrote you. If you are part of BitPotato, you can foward it to the support team, if you have one.
And you should answer me here, in public.

Like I said, I don't care about the --"lost coins"-- but seems to be you care a lot about your reputation.
This thread is full of people with less than 10 posts ""praising"" the website.
lol be quiet man you sound ridiculous. Just copy and paste your pm into an email and stop being a drama queen

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

BitPotato have you thought about adapting your site so you take a cut from each round instead of a diminshing one or just a cut of the first sale? That way it wouldn't be beneficial for both yourselves and the user for the potatoes to go up and up in price and not reset. Currently there is a bit of a conflict of interest. Short round times make you more money but are more likely to lose us money and give us less chance to make money. Which stops users coming back. If you took say 10% cut from every rounds sales then adjustments could be made to help get no of rounds and potato value up, which we would both want.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
dman99

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:38:08 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 01:59:25 AM by dman99

I seem to have fallen victim to the dual winner big.  The box popped up saying I had won a potato.  I sent my 5.13 LTC to the address, watched the potato switch to verifying payment.  Came back later to see that the potato had sold, but I hadn't received anything.  Looked at the previous winner list and noticed that it had given someone else the potato for 5.13 LTC.

I've contacted Bitpotato support.

EDIT: Thot got back to me the next day and gave me a full refund.  No complaints!
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:39:29 PM

what heck is this site

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
BTCoder

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:40:05 PM

http://bitpotato.com/static/bitpotato.pngit Potato!!! Come Play...

Low Risk High Yield Investment Game!

-Advertise yourself and make LTC's doing it!!
-Make huge gains on each purchase! UP TO 35%
-Only reset is the timer itself!
-Add time to you purchase!
-Receive consolations

We spent a long time and worked hard on this... Hope you like it!

MOD EDIT:
There is no guaranteed profit, please lookup the definition of a ponzi scheme before doing anything

This was so cool! Thanks!
BTCoder

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:02:35 PM

I personally have used Bit Potatot and I enjoy it a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: