Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Potato - Hottest bits since the potato!!  (Read 11446 times)
BitPotato

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:38:28 PM

To be honest we're not really sure either, word of mouth perhaps. As long as new users are consistently being brought to the site, potato prices will go up. Remember that  Wink

On that note, we've just implemented a client-side fix for the on-going double win bug. We're still working on making sure the server doesn't send out duplicate win messages at all, but for the time being this will ensure your potatoes are a bit more secure! We're also still hammering away at version 2 of the website as well.

Also some of you may be noticing a lot of 502 bad gateway errors right now on the site. We're aware of the issue, it's being caused by the large amounts of traffic, and possibly some attempted DoS attacks. It should be mitigated shortly.

Your continued support is incredibly appreciated.

Bit Potato
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:30:03 PM

thanks for the update, appreciated. is it normal right now that i often cannot click on a completely free potato - ie, the potato is almost yours message doesn't come up? i don't know what you updated since yesterday but i cannot click on any available potatoes now.

edit: yep i'm winning potatoes but no message comes up, i can tell because i just saw my ltc address waiting for payment when i hadn't even been notified!

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
gradius`

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:06:00 AM

This is a joke. The whole thing is a giant botfest. Quit skirting around the issue.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:30:03 AM

thanks for the update, appreciated. is it normal right now that i often cannot click on a completely free potato - ie, the potato is almost yours message doesn't come up? i don't know what you updated since yesterday but i cannot click on any available potatoes now.

edit: yep i'm winning potatoes but no message comes up, i can tell because i just saw my ltc address waiting for payment when i hadn't even been notified!

Sorry, it takes a bit longer for the LTC address to appear because the javascript does extra verification before it displays the address now. I just locked a potato myself though, it just takes a bit more time. Let me add an indicator to make this clearer.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:34:17 AM

As a side note, we have made the buttons more tolerant to mashing.
demoniality

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:41:05 AM

Sorry, it takes a bit longer for the LTC address to appear because the javascript does extra verification before it displays the address now. I just locked a potato myself though, it just takes a bit more time. Let me add an indicator to make this clearer.
At least the way it's happening my end, the waiting for payment will easily reach zero before i have any clue it's awaiting my payment. The only way i was able to buy potatoes tonight was by checking the site on my phone simultaneously to see i had won it (by recognising my ltc address and using my transaction history to find the right payment address for that potato. On chrome the site will say verifying payment on the last person until the whole countdown runs down, even if thats an hour and a half after i or somoene else has been given the chance to buy it. The notification to pay simply never comes.

When you say the buttons are now more tolerant to mashing does that mean if we mash them we wont get penalised or we will? If i take what you said literally it means we can mash away but i'm surprised you would say that? Thanks.

mattyrain

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:04:37 AM

Outstanding.  Cool
gradius`

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:20:39 AM

Site is taking a dump.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:53:57 AM

At least the way it's happening my end, the waiting for payment will easily reach zero before i have any clue it's awaiting my payment. The only way i was able to buy potatoes tonight was by checking the site on my phone simultaneously to see i had won it (by recognising my ltc address and using my transaction history to find the right payment address for that potato. On chrome the site will say verifying payment on the last person until the whole countdown runs down, even if thats an hour and a half after i or somoene else has been given the chance to buy it. The notification to pay simply never comes.

When you say the buttons are now more tolerant to mashing does that mean if we mash them we wont get penalised or we will? If i take what you said literally it means we can mash away but i'm surprised you would say that? Thanks.

You shouldn't try to pay for potatoes by checking through your history. They use multiple addresses that they cycle through. You're better off waiting for the 5 minute timer to run out and then trying again. Contrary to what many people say, accidentally locking down a potato is not a crime. It's an inherent part of the payment system and people do make mistakes. That said we've been working to curb the botting issues as well as abusing the lockdown system. The notification to pay will not appear if you refresh the page, I don't know exactly what you're doing when you operate the site on your phone. However, in the next revision of the site clicking on a locked potato will bring up the user attempting to buy it, the amount and the address, so if you accidentally refresh the page you can still recall the info.

As for mashing yes, there was some optimization issues in the javascript that made mashing the buttons slow down the site. It's impossible to ask users not to mash the buttons, so we've adapted them to be more 'resilient' to being mashed. All this really means is that it's more likely for your request to make it in time, just be patient when waiting for the address info to show up, it does take a bit longer with the two step verification it's using right now. The site is also under heavy load right now, normally the responses shouldn't take this long. We're trying to find ways to optimize the back-end, but if that fails to significantly improve the site performance, we'll move it over to a larger instance.

Thank you for your feedback!
Bit Potato Staff
gradius`

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:14:57 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 12:17:35 PM by gradius`

Why is the page lagging so bad? Alot of times it just goes from "Waiting for Payment" to another "Waiting for Payment" instantly and not even at 4:59 either, it will be counted down some already. Or better yet it was verifying payment and then all of a sudden the value increased and its verifying payment again.

Just get a better host already...
demoniality

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:54:56 PM

yeah i just got told to buy a potato, paid within 30 seconds and it gave someone else an opportunity to buy it, which  meant i paid for them. i could not even see how long i had to pay because that doesn't come up anymore, i presumed it was 5 minutes because the pay screen only just flashed up. turns out it was less than 45 seconds. email sent to support!

gradius`

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:05:35 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2013, 01:52:14 PM by gradius`

yeah i just got told to buy a potato, paid within 30 seconds and it gave someone else an opportunity to buy it, which  meant i paid for them. i could not even see how long i had to pay because that doesn't come up anymore, i presumed it was 5 minutes because the pay screen only just flashed up. turns out it was less than 45 seconds. email sent to support!

I can't remember the last time I saw the message to buy a potato. Oh wait yes I do. Never.

I wish people would spread the load out to other games just like this. Such as coinbomb, or bitgrenade.

EDIT: Can you explain the temp ban mechanic that you mentioned earlier in this thread? Maybe I'm mashing the button too hard and I'm on the ban list or something.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:30:50 AM

yeah i just got told to buy a potato, paid within 30 seconds and it gave someone else an opportunity to buy it, which  meant i paid for them. i could not even see how long i had to pay because that doesn't come up anymore, i presumed it was 5 minutes because the pay screen only just flashed up. turns out it was less than 45 seconds. email sent to support!

I can't remember the last time I saw the message to buy a potato. Oh wait yes I do. Never.

I wish people would spread the load out to other games just like this. Such as coinbomb, or bitgrenade.

EDIT: Can you explain the temp ban mechanic that you mentioned earlier in this thread? Maybe I'm mashing the button too hard and I'm on the ban list or something.

There is no automatic banning system. Right now all bans are manual, we just track statistics on players. Those who are abusing the site are a shining beacon on our graphs, it's not hard to find them. You definitely haven't been banned. Human input can never come near the rates of bots and auto clickers.
hillton

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:54:26 AM

So it's like a pyramid scheme.
impatrick

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:59:16 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 06:51:27 PM by impatrick

It isn't a pyramid scheme, it's Pyramid Gambling
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13017

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

I've just PM'd a forum moderator and asked them to confirm for you that they both have unique IP addresses. We are not scam artists, we did not make fake accounts, these are legitimate users trying to inform other users of their experiences with the site. Some of them even made forum accounts specifically to do so. Instead of trashing up our thread, we'd be happy to help sort out any issues you experienced over email. If you could send an email to our support account, which can be found on at the bottom of the FAQ on our website, we'll gladly assist you.

They are indeed from different IPs.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:52:10 AM

I have sent ltcs but i didnt get potatos. dont know why. so i wrote to support.
It lasts over 50 hours to get an answer and still i am waiting for refunds....
i know they have many things to do, but its nearly 3 days now i am waiting...
last answer was 20 hours ago - the are processing my refunds now.

i really hope i will get my money back.

i love this game and if i get my refunds i wont stop playing.
BitPotato

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:26:29 AM

I've just PM'd a forum moderator and asked them to confirm for you that they both have unique IP addresses. We are not scam artists, we did not make fake accounts, these are legitimate users trying to inform other users of their experiences with the site. Some of them even made forum accounts specifically to do so. Instead of trashing up our thread, we'd be happy to help sort out any issues you experienced over email. If you could send an email to our support account, which can be found on at the bottom of the FAQ on our website, we'll gladly assist you.

They are indeed from different IPs.

Thank you!
BitPotato

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:27:12 AM

I have sent ltcs but i didnt get potatos. dont know why. so i wrote to support.
It lasts over 50 hours to get an answer and still i am waiting for refunds....
i know they have many things to do, but its nearly 3 days now i am waiting...
last answer was 20 hours ago - the are processing my refunds now.

i really hope i will get my money back.

i love this game and if i get my refunds i wont stop playing.

Greetings! We've just sent out all our currently pending refunds, have you received your coins yet?
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:01:55 AM

ii did get my refunds. thank u very much. its a great game!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: