Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Age of Rust - Blockchain Adventure Game w/ RUSTBITS and GAME CARDS  (Read 60045 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:53:29 PM

Really a good game,how can i play a demo?
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 02:00:51 PM

Really a good game,how can i play a demo?

You can sign up here: https://spacepirate.io/sp/

There's a tutorial that shows how to sign up and create a character here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6E3yyiIl0I

Thanks  Grin

If you see "Gandalf" in the game, he's a moderator and will tip you some testnet coins and give you a weapon  Wink
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:33:31 PM

I hope the team has thought this through by choosing counterparty platform, to send Databits tokens on the network yesterday it was asking for transaction fee of 0.0019, that is very ridiculous. I hope this will not scare investors. I also notice one of the reasons giving by Stojr team for choosing Ethereum is the transaction fee cost and even the ridiculous thing here is that the transaction has not been confirmed
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 07:10:26 PM

I hope the team has thought this through by choosing counterparty platform, to send Databits tokens on the network yesterday it was asking for transaction fee of 0.0019, that is very ridiculous. I hope this will not scare investors. I also notice one of the reasons giving by Stojr team for choosing Ethereum is the transaction fee cost and even the ridiculous thing here is that the transaction has not been confirmed

Hi topesis,

Rest assured, I did spend a long time looking at the Eth tokens and use cases. There's a couple of reason for sticking with counterparty, the first is that working with Solidity (the language for Ethereum contracts) to manage tokens is still very, very rough, and very difficult to work with programmaticly. It's almost 100 lines of complex code to issue a token in Solidity/Eth whereas in Counterparty, it's about 6 lines of code. In fact, on the Ethereum page itself, it says "The token contract is quite complex".  I can appreciate that, Vitalik is a very smart guy, but it's not path I can really take at this point with the game development.  There are also some known issues with using Eth tokens that came to light with the Golem project that allows tokens to be transferred with a modified private key.

So for compatibility and low-risk, we're sticking with counterparty as the platform of choice for now. This is the same system that Book of Orbs, Spells of Genesis, Age of Chains, and Rarepepe uses.  This also allows us to work with those cards as well in the game if we want to adopt them into the gameplay. 

The thing is that cards can be left in your counterparty wallet and you can use them in the game, so you don't have to transfer them to the game wallet to use your cards in game.  Rustbits themselves are used to buy the cards, so you won't be using the rustbits to buy a weapon in the game.  You can earn rustbits in the game and use them off-chain, or move them to your counterparty wallet later if you want.

So the use case for Storj is quite a bit different since that's only currency they will work on. I hope that explains a little more in the direction of the game and why we're using counterparty and not ethereum tokens Wink
sergsen

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:48:12 AM

I like the game, good luck in development. I will participate.
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:40:44 AM

Still a week and the ICO will start;)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 10:32:18 AM

Hindi translation complete: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1918543.new#new

heunland

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:41:32 PM

i think counterparty is the wrong token to use with btc minier fee getting so high i think it will be alot harder for counterparty tokens to catch on eth token is a much better token.

Counterparty devs are already addressing the problem with the high fees in their CIP009 and CIP10 which should be implemented this summer. The advantages of having synergy with existing games on Counterparty platform such as Spells of Genesis, Rare Pepe Party, Force of Will, Age of Chains, Sarutobi, Sarutobi Island, and Takara as well as possiblity to get added to Book of Orbs for easy trading of cards on the Counterparty DEX should far outweigh any temporary disadvantages of high fees which should only be a problem when sending low value assets, not high value cards. Additionally, that last problem is being addressed by implementation of micropayment channels on counterparty. This is already well advanced and does not depend on segwit activation on bitcoin.
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 04:47:29 PM

Project Updates

ICO countdown page: https://spacepirate.io/ico/
Prize #1 was solved by player Flux (congrats!) https://blockchain.info/address/1AN4pDgC9YoLDdYwtmtuSk9hiW6K6cKj8J
Prize #2 (0.1 BTC) is still unsolved: https://blockchain.info/address/1CuoHE5La85WFTsbFCgz11Tm29znoxW2nL (Play the game, find the clues, solve the puzzle, claim the reward)
Bounty campaign is filling up fast, lots of people in the social media campaigns
Translations of the ann thread complete for Portuguese, French, Italian, Hindi, and Spanish with more on the way.

A special thank you to all the supporters and alpha testers so far  Grin
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

Almost every gaming related project got funded successfully in the past. Unfortunately I missed almost all of them except one last and now I have big hopes form this project. I will invest whatever amount I will succeed to raise till the campaign will take official start. It is always good to be among those get extra tokens as bonus. Last week will offer amount in comparison to first week offers.
Sasukeevil

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:46:00 AM

Project Updates

ICO countdown page: https://spacepirate.io/ico/
Prize #1 was solved by player Flux (congrats!) https://blockchain.info/address/1AN4pDgC9YoLDdYwtmtuSk9hiW6K6cKj8J
Prize #2 (0.1 BTC) is still unsolved: https://blockchain.info/address/1CuoHE5La85WFTsbFCgz11Tm29znoxW2nL (Play the game, find the clues, solve the puzzle, claim the reward)
Bounty campaign is filling up fast, lots of people in the social media campaigns
Translations of the ann thread complete for Portuguese, French, Italian, Hindi, and Spanish with more on the way.

A special thank you to all the supporters and alpha testers so far  Grin

Who are "Backers"?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:11:46 PM

Who are "Backers"?

I think backers will be the one that will be part of a 70m RUSTBITS ICO from 22th May. So basiclly everyone can be.

I registered, altho never liked adventures much.
WhiteManWhite
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1118

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:15:17 PM

Where can I get the Client Seed to put this value in my Profile?
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 02:28:17 PM

Hi WhiteManWhite,

Login to the game, click on the three bars icon in the lower left hand side of the screen, click on Profile, you should see a field labeled "client seed". Put your counterparty wallet address there, then click "update information".

Thanks  Wink
WhiteManWhite
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1118

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:00:06 PM

Hi WhiteManWhite,

Login to the game, click on the three bars icon in the lower left hand side of the screen, click on Profile, you should see a field labeled "client seed". Put your counterparty wallet address there, then click "update information".

Thanks  Wink

Yes, thanks, now I understand.
sergsen

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:06:09 PM

Excellent, also set the Client Seed in his profile
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:11:39 PM

wow this is an ambitious project!

Looking at it i personally just have no idea how your going to deliver on all this :/

From what you ACTUALLY have for a game, compared to what the site says you wanna build, man its like a Entropia Universe/ Star citizen project, that is YUGE! :/  YEARS upon YEARS of development for that level. and if its NOT that level, people will get bored easy :/

hmm watching for sure, might test some, but prob not gonna throw money at this myself in current form, seems like an easy dissapointment :/ 

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:13:52 PM

Who are "Backers"?

I think backers will be the one that will be part of a 70m RUSTBITS ICO from 22th May. So basiclly everyone can be.

I registered, altho never liked adventures much.

Development and backers should have been consolidated in that list to be 15m and not 14/1. We are essentially using some of the tokens as awards to help in development. Initially, we considered a "pre-sale" where those tokens would help "back" the game development. It just became easier to manage the award of development tokens in a single pool. We'll fix the graphic later today. Thanks for the question!
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:53:41 PM

wow this is an ambitious project!

Looking at it i personally just have no idea how your going to deliver on all this :/

From what you ACTUALLY have for a game, compared to what the site says you wanna build, man its like a Entropia Universe/ Star citizen project, that is YUGE! :/  YEARS upon YEARS of development for that level. and if its NOT that level, people will get bored easy :/

hmm watching for sure, might test some, but prob not gonna throw money at this myself in current form, seems like an easy dissapointment :/ 

Right, so the game is very much a sci-fi exploration and strategy game that is an RPG command-driven game. It's kind of like a graphic novel meets RPG as it sits now. Making an indie multiplayer RPG that has a 2D/3D engine for the game is within reach over the next 4-5 years for a few hundred players.  Building a Star Citizen type game for hundreds of thousands or millions of players is not what I'm trying to do with the game. I could see how people might get that idea in looking at some of the graphics, but that's just not in the "cards".

What's live right now is an early alpha test, it doesn't have the blockchain card functionality built in yet, but the beta will have that built in. Gameplay right now in the alpha test is about 40-60 hours to reach the end of the prologue test. We've have players spend several hundred hours in the game at this point as well. This isn't a game for everyone for the mass consumer market, I get that, this is a game for people who likes these kinds of games. Check out the game "code 7" that's kind of where we are headed, only with blockchain assets for the game for the first release.
cloverme (OP)
Legendary

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 01:56:52 AM

Sector 72 on Antara VI; the last known location of the mining colony before the Age of Rust began.
Now, a ghost colony, where the wind echoes off the walls of the maze like corridors that twists through
the desert landscape. Power lingers in abandoned corridors, drawn from nuclear power cells down to their
last remaining charge before going dark for eternity. There's no sign of human life anywhere, only the rusting
remains of mechs slowly being taken over by the elements. You think you hear voices, but it is only the wind, yet
it continues to make you uneasy as you scavenge the wreckage before you. You hear the click a pulse rifle clip
and then all goes dark.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: