Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I suddenly decided to leave gambling alone.  (Read 9733 times)
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:12:19 AM

It's all about control to be honest.
If you feel that you are not in control of you gambling then I would agree it would be time to stop it and completely cut it out of your life.
Because it can ultimately be your demise if not kept in check.

Never bet more than you can not afford to lose.
That means not being able to pay for groceries or your months rent so you are able to live your life right.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

It's all about control to be honest.
If you feel that you are not in control of you gambling then I would agree it would be time to stop it and completely cut it out of your life.
Because it can ultimately be your demise if not kept in check.

Never bet more than you can not afford to lose.
That means not being able to pay for groceries or your months rent so you are able to live your life right.
It's very easy to tell people to stop gambling. But its not really that easy as you think. Once you start, its hard to stop. You win, you play more. You lose, you go back to recover and end up losing more.
I would say never bet, even if you can afford. Cause a time might come after you gamble you won't be able to afford anything.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

The story of yours why you suddenly decided to leave gambling alone is not only happened with you it happens in most of the gamblers life. My case is I not left gambling I just go for fun and I know my limit after reading this I have an idea to stop what I am doing.

Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:16:20 AM

The story of yours why you suddenly decided to leave gambling alone is not only happened with you it happens in most of the gamblers life. My case is I not left gambling I just go for fun and I know my limit after reading this I have an idea to stop what I am doing.
Its good that you only do gambling for fun and you put limit every time you gamble but I know for sure that there are times that you cannot control your emotions and you will bet more than your limits. Its better to really stop gambling and just focus in earning bitcoin.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:49:11 PM

I've had good moments and bad moments in my life, but the worst moments is when I spent the entire day gambling and focusing only to winning money for this or that.
I'm tired, seriously, to win big and then fall in more deep "debt" because of greediness. I can't afford to have such experiences anymore, it makes me sad the fact that instead of saving those money I preferred to spend them on a gambling site, I was like oh ok it's just x, so If i can lose it it's ok, oh it's just a faucet, it's ok if I lose it. But when If even with the faucet I reach like 0.06 or more, and then I lose them it's still a touch to the heart, that makes you say if I start back with this amount I can magically make it 0.6, yes probably, cause I did that in the past, as my far record is been from 0.001 to 1.6 btc in 3 hours with roulette, but let's not dig that.

I prefer spending the money on what are my necessities now, than see my wallet drop in amount. Every single f*** time, every time I had the chance to buy btc, or doge whatever, I ended up expecting to win big.
EVEN if I win big, I repeat that, I waste the money afterward, because I think it's a good idea to bet bigger now if my budget supports it, and there it goes down the hole.

Why I decided to leave gambling anyway? I saw how rapidly I was going down in the past few days, and like an hot potato to keep sinking my butt on the wallet. I'm tired of that. I better move my butt and find something that used to keep me busy, like programming, I love programming. But then I got stressed and I started to gamble.

I hope you all understand. All my friends I made in these years on the gambling sites, thank you everyone for your support of my strong decision.
Thanks everyone.

Yeah! Thats a great decision to leave in a gambling alone,and you have a point  to leave because of so many bad happens comes in your life.your not the only one happen about this,there so many gambler experience this happen in your life,but the  most important is you open up your mind in early stage,that can make a new chapter of your life.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Phalo

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:11:20 PM

Your story is one that is very common, sadly. However yes you have made the right choice. Sometimes we have to make the hard choices. I say follow your instincts. If they say quit, then quit. Sometimes gambling is not worth it if you end up falling deep and deep into debt. Remember, gambling can and does destroy peoples lives as they get addicted. Bravo to you for seeing a problem before it becomes big
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:34:28 PM

Its good that you only do gambling for fun and you put limit every time you gamble but I know for sure that there are times that you cannot control your emotions and you will bet more than your limits. Its better to really stop gambling and just focus in earning bitcoin.

Earning bitcoins from where? there is no free lunch and so it's better he gambles  for profit but must be disciplined and not reckless like the first time. There are many gamblers out there who don't have plans for the games neither do they set limits for themselves and they are often plunged into addiction beyond reform.
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:10:09 PM

Earning bitcoins from where? there is no free lunch and so it's better he gambles  for profit but must be disciplined and not reckless like the first time. There are many gamblers out there who don't have plans for the games neither do they set limits for themselves and they are often plunged into addiction beyond reform.

Its so hard for those gamblers to decide for leaving the gambling activity, but about addictions I thinks it needs proper attentions because staying for more years with that activities might bankruot a persons savings. Some who earns bitcoin in a first place isn't worth profitable due to its been loss through non profitable bets, while on a very struggling games.

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:49:19 AM

Its so hard for those gamblers to decide for leaving the gambling activity, but about addictions I thinks it needs proper attentions because staying for more years with that activities might bankruot a persons savings. Some who earns bitcoin in a first place isn't worth profitable due to its been loss through non profitable bets, while on a very struggling games.

Based on my experiences, its really a hard road to tackle. A lot of mental challenges and most of times I can't really resist my gambling addictions. Although I really try to fight it hard mentality. The only thing that keeps me away from gambling is that I always think of my losses in the past. If I think how much I have lost, then I lost my enthusiasm to play because I don't want to go to that experience again. Hard to deal with a loss specially if you lost big in a day. And earning bitcoin right now its getting harder so I also think that I might as well save it for the future instead of just using it in gambling an lost.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:23:19 AM

Your story is one that is very common, sadly. However yes you have made the right choice. Sometimes we have to make the hard choices. I say follow your instincts. If they say quit, then quit. Sometimes gambling is not worth it if you end up falling deep and deep into debt. Remember, gambling can and does destroy peoples lives as they get addicted. Bravo to you for seeing a problem before it becomes big

Actually OP is amazing, he realize his faults and want to go straight now. I don't see many gamblers doing the same if they are at that point, where they taste to win more than 1 BTC in few hours, that's addicting IMO if I experience that for sure I won't stop too.

OP should just focus on his programming skills, I'm sure that it would bring him fortune in the future, just enough to gain what was lost because of gambling.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:18:08 PM

Based on my experiences, its really a hard road to tackle. A lot of mental challenges and most of times I can't really resist my gambling addictions. Although I really try to fight it hard mentality. The only thing that keeps me away from gambling is that I always think of my losses in the past. If I think how much I have lost, then I lost my enthusiasm to play because I don't want to go to that experience again. Hard to deal with a loss specially if you lost big in a day. And earning bitcoin right now its getting harder so I also think that I might as well save it for the future instead of just using it in gambling an lost.

Seriously, I do hope that more people should similarly think like you. The problem arises when they feel that gambling can be profitable in the long run but in reality, it isn't. I do understand that it is very hard to resist gambling, especially when the returns are significantly big with a short amount of time. You may have the potential of doubling all of your bitcoins but there is also the chance of losing them one-by-one especially in a losing streak. This creates an endless cycle of hope, that they think that betting more would regain there losses but will only lead to them exhausting everything.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:33:05 AM

Indeed, you really need to set up limits for yourself when gambling because without limits, you don’t know there you are going in loss or making some good profit. There should be limited time when you play gambling games and you should also plan the amount you are going to invest into gambling according to your budget. Excess of gambling is simply going to get you addicted to this game badly.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:40:53 AM

Actually OP is amazing, he realize his faults and want to go straight now. I don't see many gamblers doing the same if they are at that point, where they taste to win more than 1 BTC in few hours, that's addicting IMO if I experience that for sure I won't stop too.

OP should just focus on his programming skills, I'm sure that it would bring him fortune in the future, just enough to gain what was lost because of gambling.
Yeah! It’s shocking news to hear that a person who is at the peak of gambling and winning online as well as offline money decides to quit however there seems to be no chance of coming back from such an addiction. He will be definitely the man of great morale and courage as he decided to do it so.

But he has something left that will fulfill all his needs in his future and in present as well which are his programming skills and if he works hard, he will gain more than that he lost.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:57:03 AM

Indeed, you really need to set up limits for yourself when gambling because without limits, you don’t know there you are going in loss or making some good profit. There should be limited time when you play gambling games and you should also plan the amount you are going to invest into gambling according to your budget. Excess of gambling is simply going to get you addicted to this game badly.
That's a great idea to set a limit in gambling, but when we start to play we are making decisions suddenly without thinking that we're already under control of frustration. Under this state, we are not in our focus anymore and inside our mind is to win and hoping to win what we lose.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:49:32 AM

The decision to leaving or continuesly do a gambling it's certainly will be there on each feelings felt by each of those who do a gambling or experiences that has been on the experienced.. good and bad, profit and its loss. Well i think if we got experienced many losts or big losses, we should just stop to gamble and moving for the better toward a more positively that can be more profitable than must doing a gambling that can affect got more feel curious excessive to get chance a win.

Gambling can be sometimes very emotional hobby, I agree with that.
But don't forget that most of the people who gambles do it for fun only, and they understand the risks and they are not doing it to earn money.
So once you realize that you won't earn any funds in gambling at the long run, then you won't be so emotional as you lost funds that could afford losing.

Keep it chilled and have fun.

Good line here, never ever forget that we can't beat someone who are just playing for fun, billionaire and millionaires are just passing time in playing.
Gambling is a game and it is meant to be enjoyed, the only reason why we are miserable is we always take it to the extent that it our job and out life.

Never ever depend some cash to something that depends on luck. It's not healthy.

Yeah a lot can relate to your story OP, we all have our own stories to tell about gambling. And I also decided to stop gambling because it wasn’t bringing anything good to me as well. Nothing ever came out good especially in gambling and most of the time you either loose your money because of it or you loose time for your family because you are so addicted to it.
Agree and also take note that it takes a lot of courage to accept that you have this gambling addiction not many people can do that but you did so that was something amazing about you! gambling is very tempting and the moment you become trap with it it was very hard to free yourself from it and it takes a strong person to admit and resist that trap so I think OP is a very strong person despite of being along he still managed to get away from it ! congratulations to you.

Motivations, families and friends can help you. The time is only waiting for you to stop, never became miserable on what you are playing. Our own life is miserable enough so don't add that "losing some dollars in gambling".

Only few people can stop what's driving them crazy and if you are really addicted to it, consult a specialist my friend. You don't have to own all the ways on how to stop your addiction.

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:05:46 PM

Some people who say "Why I suddenly decided to leave gambling alone", I dare say because they have run out of their money. If they still have the money to bet, I'm sure they'll still be playing. I also feel the same way, and I think all the gamblers are the same.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:29:28 AM

Some people who say "Why I suddenly decided to leave gambling alone", I dare say because they have run out of their money. If they still have the money to bet, I'm sure they'll still be playing. I also feel the same way, and I think all the gamblers are the same.
It can be, but some even they dont have no longer momey they will keep on playing even they risk their properties or to be in debt, it's nice to think that people or addicted gamblers truly accepts that gambling is for fun and not for income purposes and that they find some activities wherein they can be profitable.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:06:23 PM

i do care for my money now i used to be addicted in the past but now i have been able to settle down and not get any further loss and
im also making good money from trading which has really helped me stabilise
You must be a motivation to all those fools who think gambling as earning source of money.
I think there must be seminars and workshops that includes the topics of harmfulness of gambling for a normal person.
You are so good in this regard. Even you found it late but don’t worry you have done such amazing step by leaving it all sudden. Good luck for your trading.
even if they are considering gambling to be a source of income they should atleast think what
would happen if they incur a loss how will they sustain themselves and how will they be able to recover
those funds
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:31:13 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 11:53:52 PM by Joriecoinbit

i do care for my money now i used to be addicted in the past but now i have been able to settle down and not get any further loss and
im also making good money from trading which has really helped me stabilise
You must be a motivation to all those fools who think gambling as earning source of money.
I think there must be seminars and workshops that includes the topics of harmfulness of gambling for a normal person.
You are so good in this regard. Even you found it late but don’t worry you have done such amazing step by leaving it all sudden. Good luck for your trading.
even if they are considering gambling to be a source of income they should atleast think what
would happen if they incur a loss how will they sustain themselves and how will they be able to recover
those funds

I think he already realize what gambling did him bad experience in the past and he mark it as a moral lesson to leave gambling all of a sudden, That's a good decision because if they still continue to gamble now, I  guess it could be much worst experience he encounter than before.  If  this guy really changed, well, he can proceed another activities that can make him as a source of income like trading which he switch from gambling.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:58:39 PM

I think the major reason why you want to live gambling is that you loosing money in gambling! a decision that I think every wise person should emulate especially those that has loose fortune in it. However, everything boil down to greed! If you are not greedy? You will be happy in gambling but if you are greedy you will definitely loose money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: