Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?  (Read 47964 times)
baam25

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

bitcoin for me don't need to advertise because bitcoin for now is already a popular digital currency even other alt-coin the ICO projects make there own move to promote there ICO projects.
I strongly agree with you that with the current BTC situation is well known and some of them have been made a basic income so that for me do not need to be advertised
Don't think that everyone in this world knows bitcoin and we don't need any advertisement, according to my knowledge only 20 to 30% of people know about his Bitcoin. Rest of the 70% people still they don't know what Bitcoin is. Where the country is strong in technology there most of the people know. But in other countries, most of the people don't know. So we need TV advertisement to give proper knowledge to all people in the world.

20% is a really high freaking number...I think realistically, only about 1% max know about bitcoin and what it does. And even that is an extremely high number to be honest....I think maybe .01% of people know what bitcoin is

remember there are billions of people in the world, billions! if we could tap into even 1% of that, bitcoin would be dominant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:28:47 PM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
I think it's a good idea to advertise bitcoin in the television if people really want to make digital currency to be more famous. And it's a good way to make other people interested to use bitcoin by the use of media. They will start curiosity about bitcoin they will actually try bitcoin, if it is actually legit.
Zemangat

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:41:59 PM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
That's really a very effective way to spread bitcoin news to people. In my country there is also no advertisement on tv showing bitcoin. If there were probably a lot of people in my country who would be interested in investing in bitcoin. Yesterday had a lot of news circulating about ransomeware virus that attacked the world, which brought bitcoin as a means of payment from the virus was preached on television, I think it makes the name of bitcoin increasingly popular in the world.
JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:12:12 AM

This is fine, because many people will know btc and promote the btc reception of the government, but it is worth paying attention to who will pay for the ads on TV. On the other hand, for btc bad thinkers, putting btc on the TV is almost impossible.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:01:30 AM

This is fine, because many people will know btc and promote the btc reception of the government, but it is worth paying attention to who will pay for the ads on TV. On the other hand, for btc bad thinkers, putting btc on the TV is almost impossible.
Everything is possible to happen. Even bitcoin possible to advertise to television. And for sure many people want bitcoin see on tv because if bitcoin see in television. Many people see and afterthat they see the potential of bitcoin and they decided to invest in bitcoin so the price increase so everyone will benefits for sure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
favila

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:03:25 AM

Bitcoin is already on tv and free of charge, its called the news and it happens at every single pump. No one needs to pay for anything.

Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:13:28 AM

I think it's a good idea to advertise bitcoin in the television if people really want to make digital currency to be more famous. And it's a good way to make other people interested to use bitcoin by the use of media. They will start curiosity about bitcoin they will actually try bitcoin, if it is actually legit.
You're right.Having advertised it on tv will really help those people who had heard it but did not really understand what's it all about.IMO i believe that using any media like television will create a big impact on the side of bitcoin.Who knows if all those viewers will get interested in it?It's a good start for bitcoin to be well-known to everybody and maybe 5-10 years from now bitcoin will become a world currency.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:19:48 AM

Of course that would be impossible? Who will pay advertising fees on tv. Developers? Of course that's impossible. There is no boss in bitcoin so nobody will want to pay for advertising costs. I think the spread of bitcoin is scattered automatically. Not really need advertising on tv

ERILNIENRE

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:22:04 AM

Advertisement for BTC itself is highly unlikely, because no one owns it and therefore no one is willing to place an ad about it as even the price isn't likely to rise since people already have an idea about BTC,
However for bitcoin startups like Coinbase, Bitpay, Circle and the rest, the possibility of such is very high since these are business that would benefit from promotion and that would indirectly promote bitcoins.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:22:32 AM

Of course that would be impossible? Who will pay advertising fees on tv. Developers? Of course that's impossible. There is no boss in bitcoin so nobody will want to pay for advertising costs. I think the spread of bitcoin is scattered automatically. Not really need advertising on tv

You have to understand bitcoin in different view, if you own the business completely depend on the bitcoin platform and need to advertise in the television. The concern project hold will pay for it. Moreover I don't think it is possible to advertise in the TV apart from the Japanese tele channels. If it is been legal other countries you can do that.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:32:27 AM

You have to understand bitcoin in different view, if you own the business completely depend on the bitcoin platform and need to advertise in the television. The concern project hold will pay for it. Moreover I don't think it is possible to advertise in the TV apart from the Japanese tele channels. If it is been legal other countries you can do that.
There is no illegal in advertising bitcoin because the advertisement is all about educational purposes and it just aired in the television because they want to make people's aware of this kind of opportunity and i think that this is a good option to have this kind of advertisement so we can educate people and also attract possible future investors.
Esphere.in

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:31:11 AM

The exchanges who are directly involved in the bitcoin and alt coin echo system could run advertisement promoting their business,it is a possibility and whether they are willing to do that and will it be possible to run a advertisement campaign when the law does not recognize crypto currency is another issue.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:38:53 AM

This is a good thing if we advsrtise it thru television since it is on public and possible to see by many even internationally. But then there were pros cons with this move which may affect bitcoin totally, those who really do not want bitcoin they will turn to bushers and bush bitcoin publicly which is not good on the image of it. And also who will make the movement of advertising bitcoin? It is so expensive to advertise on television it takes thousands just for few seconds. Also the government will make this thing first if they will approve if bitcoin will appear on tv or not.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:08:48 AM

Bitcoin is already on tv and free of charge, its called the news and it happens at every single pump. No one needs to pay for anything.
No i didn't see that bitcoin was already on television before. If it does many people know about bitcoin, bitcoin wasn't advertise before ever since because no one would want to put bitcoin on TV and i don't know why. Making bitcoins famous is not making the government bitcoin into a legal currency because the government still choose there own real money. But we still hope that bitcoin will be accept by other governments.
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:15:01 AM

If thing plan will be true then it will be a huge help for bitcoin because it will make a huge hype around the world or in a particular country that makes advertisement about bitcoin in their channel on Television. Most of the people now are watching t.v instead of using internet so I think this is a great move for us to be noticed by all people around the globe.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:20:04 AM

Think about it. Will the commercial of the bitcoin will have a effect to change the perspective of the audience. I know it is a good idea but advertising in T.V commercial is very expensive.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
User365

Activity: 434

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

Good idea but who would pay for it?

It would have to be a crowd funded project, if advertised properly it could change the view of the public from 'hacker and complex internet currency' to 'better than the banks and convinient currency'.

What would you advertise. Just bitcoin is cool would be quite useless from my point of view. The advertisement woul have to include 3 main things.

1. Download your wallet (must be a very convinient one with extreme nice GUI), maby one which forces user to link his address to a name (f.e. you can send me to User365, instead of my BTC address)
2. An exchange which works very convinient (no complicated verification, and verification must be fast), could be integrated in the wallet
3. Where can I spend it (Map with shops and people who accept bitcoin), should be integrated in the wallet

How I imagine the effect ?

Some guy sitting in front of his TV, sees the advertisement, was always kinda interested in BTC, never got started with it. He downloads the new wallet app, with the integrated exchange he gets verified within minutes, buys some bitcoin. He finds out his local Pizza service accepts BTC via map, and he orders his pizza with bitcoin.

[could be your ad]
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 09:42:42 AM

Advertising on tv is easy but you need a slot that will reach a large audience probably a slot during peak time of broadcasting , say during the most watched programme to give bitcoin the perfect stage

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:48:58 AM

Advertising is a big deal for Bitcoin it will let potential user to know of the Bitcoin existence and the pros and cons of using Bitcoin, but the main problem is who will be responsible in advertising Bitcoin in TV because it will cost a lot. i prefer satoshi but he's MIA for a long time. If someone will do this beside satoshi then mass adoption will surely happen.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:55:12 AM

bitcoin for me don't need to advertise because bitcoin for now is already a popular digital currency even other alt-coin the ICO projects make there own move to promote there ICO projects.

I also agree that bitcoin is already popular in these time due to it's market value that's so high. There's no need to advertise bitcoin, it is depend then on private individual who own huge amount of bitcoin to advertise for there own bitcoin business.

Why not advertise on TV? Yes Bitcoin is already popular but we can't deny the fact that there are still lots of people who doesn't know about it. Through advertisement, this can reach those people and it will become more popular which can lead to increase demand and then increase on its price in the market.

Indeed this could have happened anywhere. because the bitcoin is a digital currency which everyone use it easily in the absence of a prohibition does not mean, but indeed to be able to get a lot of profit in it then we should be willing to work hard and one of them is doing promotions in it. Because the system is still using bitcoin economy, where more and more demand but supply does not match demand, then automatically that there is a higher

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: