Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:16:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?  (Read 47966 times)
bakkang

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:56:42 AM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
Television has been very effective in advertising something so I believe that bitcoin become more popular to people if bitcoin will be watched from T.V. People are always watched TV for them to be able to become aware with their environment so bitcoin is suitable to advertise on TV.
smileee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:59:18 AM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
It will cost a huge amount of money to advertise Bitcoin on TV because Bitcoin is so confusing, bitcoin's promotional video will have to last for tens of minutes.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:04:41 AM

It will cost a huge amount of money to advertise Bitcoin on TV because Bitcoin is so confusing, bitcoin's promotional video will have to last for tens of minutes.

Well you have a point but do you think that everything will be incorporated in the advertisement like the history of bitcoins?  Maybe the concept of the bitcoin advertisement is something that people will be curious.  People will start to question themselves on what bitcoin is something like that.  The advertisement could contain something like a money online and something it could so.  But not as to the whole thing it is.  Let people become curious and have themselves study bitcoins.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:30:55 AM

I think advertising in social media is the most effective one here. Like not all the people are watching televisions ( like if they are busy person, no time to watch ) unlike in social media 24/7 they are browsing and browsing and I doubt they can't see bitcoin in their news feed.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:19:36 PM

I don't think that it would change something. One year ago i remember there was thread that over 100 stores accept bitcoins now in Brazil (it was 2016 Rio games month) and people were talking that now more people including tourists will use them and that bitcoins will be even more popular in Brazil now, but it wasn't, so i on't think that ads on tv would help more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:34:16 PM

I think advertising in social media is the most effective one here. Like not all the people are watching televisions ( like if they are busy person, no time to watch ) unlike in social media 24/7 they are browsing and browsing and I doubt they can't see bitcoin in their news feed.

A person too busy not to watch T.V does not use social networks as well i guess. The people who are free enough to use those social networking sites have time to watch a little T.V as well. Though both of them can be good sources to advertise bitcoin, the difference is that if it is being advertised on T.V, there is a possibility that it might just be shown within a country as there are channels that are just broadcasted within a country, and social networks are universal.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:39:22 PM

This was tried with the bitcoin bowl, but people still dont really understand exactly what bitcoin is and it is extremely hard to show on a short advertisement. Our best bet is to put that money into other methods which would most likely be better at bringing more people in and showing them how it works.
Maybe their advertisement is not enough to make people got interest in bitcoin. We need to have a good advertisement that will really understand a lot of people so that people will get curious about bitcoin, and that’s the time that we need to advertise another to bring them into our world.  Grin
So that they can also earn bitcoin as well, and people who uses bitcoin will also increase.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:41:21 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and it is not controlled by any central authority.So there is no central authority or board to advertise bitcoin in T.V.But we could advertise bitcoin in social media like facebook,twitter,etc to make it popular.

xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:09:25 PM

Television has been very effective in advertising something so I believe that bitcoin become more popular to people if bitcoin will be watched from T.V. People are always watched TV for them to be able to become aware with their environment so bitcoin is suitable to advertise on TV.
I have to disagree with you there. TV isn't really watched by everyone anymore, matter of fact, it's dying. A lot of young people (18-35) tend to use streaming services rather than watching TV.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

I didnt read every post here, just skimmed through a bit. The issue I see with it is one that you all saw as well in that Bitcoin is a community driven 'object' rather than a company. Ive seen a few companies advertise their own business while stating they accept Bitcoin; while thats good its not the same.

The solution I came up with (and maybe its been posted) was do something like the Milk and Beef industries and come up with a general advertising/educating program. I forget what the Milk and Beef program is called but basically they advertise things like the 'got milk?' campaign where it doesnt specify one brand or company - just the product in general. Im not sure where the funding would come from other than donations but it could be an interesting discussion if nothing else.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:22:00 PM

I think there is no need of advertising bitcoin in TV it's already gained popularity through social media there is lots of YouTube channel making profit by making video about bitcoin why should invest for TV advertisements.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
alex_mercer

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:03:50 PM

It would be a good promotion, but you have to remember that Bitcoin is still a very volatile asset, and I don't think TV channels want to influence inexperienced people to invest in volatile assets.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:14:48 AM

Why not? But who will pay for the airtime? TV advertisements are expensive. If you put up a TV ad, for what purpose? Is it gonna be just to promote bitcoin? Because the one who will do that will receive nothing in return. And the airtime payment will be done by seconds.
We are better off putting all that money  and effort that would be spent on 20 seconds on television to create blogs or to create signature campaigns in other forums promoting bitcoin, I’m sure that by putting our time and effort online getting targeted traffic will prove to be a lot more effective than a random commercial on TV that few people will understand.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:35:20 AM

Why not? But who will pay for the airtime? TV advertisements are expensive. If you put up a TV ad, for what purpose? Is it gonna be just to promote bitcoin? Because the one who will do that will receive nothing in return. And the airtime payment will be done by seconds.
We are better off putting all that money  and effort that would be spent on 20 seconds on television to create blogs or to create signature campaigns in other forums promoting bitcoin, I’m sure that by putting our time and effort online getting targeted traffic will prove to be a lot more effective than a random commercial on TV that few people will understand.

I agree, internet marketing is way more effective these days.  People are more hooked being connected in the internet than watching their TV's .  Internet marketing is more reliable since we can choose our target audience and spam them with our adveritisement about Bitcoin in a very low price.  We do not need to spend hundred thousands of dollar to promote bitcoin, we can do it free through social media advertisement and sharing.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:08:13 AM

I think it's a good idea to introduce bitcoin to people with advertise on tv, because most of them still use tv to get information, in my own country bitcoin has already show on national tv, but the duration of viewing is still short so people do not fully understand about Bitcoin. Currently, actually bitcoin has been introduced on media, like magazines, web, social media, and even movies. I got to watch a movie called The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin. And I think movies are the most effective way to introduce bitcoin to the community.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:25:18 PM

Who will take the bull by the horne or who will pay for the advert since the cost of running the advert on TV and Radio is too high, am of the believe that each and everyone us can make it happen. Some people here are owners of business enterprise. Do you accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment in your business or shop? Am currently planning to set up a clothing business which i will accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment. If everyone of us can do the same in the next one year bitcoin will be accepted almost every where by everybody.
That's great idea though. I'm just concern about bitcoin as a mode of payment of a business because in that case we always need a conversion of value from time to time. How will that work if ever? And, what about if we change another business for example, public transports, I guess it will take time. We know the fact that it has fluctuation points so chances are whatever you save up there maybe, will getting lower as well more than you have expected. But getting the picture of advertising on T.V., I guess it's hard still to go into details about btc because it's quite vague to have a brief explanation just on television and maybe it takes time on preparing for the concept as well as the budget. Not this time for there is a right moment of everything. Let's wait first if btc will ripe someday.
yes that is right that it is really a very good idea i think through this idea we can introduce bitcoin in more better way. i think we should also try to introduce bitcoin in our area personally specially to our friends. because i am sure that my friend and family will take care of my decision and most of them have good trust on me and they will need not for such  big amount.

Yes, those exchange will be more benefited by the advertisement on t.v or else where so I guess it is a good idea to make some movement like this on making bitcoin "more" popular.  When people will be notified through media that Bitcoin provides additional sources of income,  it will be widely spread and use all over the world.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:42:37 PM

I think it's a good idea to introduce bitcoin to people with advertise on tv, because most of them still use tv to get information, in my own country bitcoin has already show on national tv, but the duration of viewing is still short so people do not fully understand about Bitcoin. Currently, actually bitcoin has been introduced on media, like magazines, web, social media, and even movies. I got to watch a movie called The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin. And I think movies are the most effective way to introduce bitcoin to the community.

TV brings in the masses, but it might be too early for that as ironic as it may sound... I dont know, maybe a slow and steady climb would be healthier long term than mass adoption out of blue from people who don't quite grasp the concepts yet.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:35:35 PM

Advertising is good but the time on television is very limited I think people will find it difficult to understan bitcoin it needs more and deeper explanation. It is good to advertise if the viewers has at least sort of understanding about crypto currency
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:10:42 AM

Television is slowly becoming obsolete now more people spend more and more time online in front of their computers than watching televisions and it is not difficult to understand why, when you watch television that is the only thing you can do but when you are online you can watch something on youtube or you can read your favorite news site, or you can access bitcointalk, so there is nothing the television can do that compares to a computer with internet.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:31:29 AM

That's a very good idea, but the question is, who'll spend the money for the advertisement? I think they won't do that because if they do, Not just him who will enjoy the results, but all who take advantage of bitcoin as well. Because bitcoin is decentralized. I've seen many advertise about bitcoin but not in tv.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: