Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:50:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189610 times)
Mightywill
Copper Member

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:16:59 AM

I love to see all the Elmer Fudders tells me there is still a ton of room to grow.

21 supernodes is far more decentralized than ETH or just about any other crypto. But keep repeating that same bs please.

eth is not cenralized and bitcoin isnt too,
its pools do not own the hardware connected to it and have no power to use it for their own purposes

once smb has detected that the pool he uses is doing something wrong - immediately he reports to community and the miners will start a mass disconnect
and it will be extremely hard for such a stupid pool to restore confidence , i would say impossible, that's why it never happened

so dont be afraid of all these pictures with pies of a hashrate distribution - they are not an evidence of centralization, people who post them have zero understanding of how pools work

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jacques_Bittard

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

Dapps are going to be the future once they get mainstream so projects like this show what EOS is really capable. This is why I'm with EOS.

with 21 nodes only it's hard to call eos apps as dapps

even amazon AWS is more decentralized in terms of infrastructure

Decentralization doesn't actually mean a lot when considering value. At least outside of hardcore crypto zealots, who lack in financial knowledge and also believe in things like bitcoin offering competition to central banking. In my experience, those are the only people who keep parroting about decentralization, and they hold very little weight in the market. Those who hold weight, they care if the thing works or not, and it doesn't matter if it works through a centralized network or decentralized, there will be no ideological preferences for that.

:
Incognito01

Activity: 378
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:24:09 AM

While EOS in practice will not show its effectiveness, until then purchase these tokens is very risky. I think this is similar to the situation with TRON in January, when price rose and then fell sharply.

Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

While EOS in practice will not show its effectiveness, until then purchase these tokens is very risky. I think this is similar to the situation with TRON in January, when price rose and then fell sharply.

Playing cryptos is always risky. It was also risky to buy ETH in 2015 or BTC in 2011. The main factor driving the pumps in crypto is always hype, not practical effectiveness. If effectiveness was the driving force, then bitcoin market cap. would be outside of top10 at least.
The main thing that makes EOS very attractive to me, is the potential to build hype on. It has better base to build hype on then ETH had. It has higher goals, better known dev and the environment where attention has shifted more from bitcoin to newer projects. Highest threat to EOS value in the coming months will be instabilities in bitcoin market. If bitcoin starts to drop again, then in all probability it will again drag everything else with it. Would be amazing if it wouldn't be so and bitcoin would drop, while more practical alts gain value, but fat chance of this happening. I hope that BTC will at least hold it's value before EOS mainnet launch.

:
Mightywill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:46:02 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 09:12:32 AM by Mightywill

Decentralization doesn't actually mean a lot when considering value. At least outside of hardcore crypto zealots, who who lack in financial knowledge and also believe in things like bitcoin offering competition to central banking. In my experience, those are the only people who keep parroting about decentralization, and they hold very little weight in the market. Those who hold weight, they care if the thing works or not, and it doesn't matter if it works through a centralized network or decentralized, there will be no ideological preferences for that.

If you dont need decentralization and only need a powerful global application infrastructure then I have a good news for you - it already exists for at least 10 years and its name is cloud computing - Amazon AWS, Microsoft AZURE, etc
each of them already has dozens of datacenters around the world with highest possible throughput
every web software engineer knows about that , you are likely not one of them

you can find my first post here where i was very curious  about how eos is going to achieve so high transaction speed  preserving decentralized approach
and it was an enigma for me until I've heard about nodes limit, and that has disappointed me a lot because it's not a big deal to speed up any p2p network by decreasing a number of nodes

limit a number of bitcoin nodes to 21 nodes and you will be able to generate 2 seconds blocks with 15000 tx per seconds
oh, and if you have a single node - you are the king! ))))

but if you have dozens of datecenters then why we need it at all? we had it for a long time - cloud services

the only defference ibetween eos and clouds is stakeholders - but it doesnt mean much for a app vendors, because they dont care whom to pay for hosting thies apps
33TITAN

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:46:55 AM

I love to see all the Elmer Fudders tells me there is still a ton of room to grow.

21 supernodes is far more decentralized than ETH or just about any other crypto. But keep repeating that same bs please.

eth is not cenralized and bitcoin isnt too,
its pools do not own the hardware connected to it and have no power to use it for their own purposes

once smb has detected that the pool he uses is doing something wrong - immediately he reports to community and the miners will start a mass disconnect
and it will be extremely hard for such a stupid pool to restore confidence , i would say impossible, that's why it never happened

so dont be afraid of all these pictures with pies of a hashrate distribution - they are not an evidence of centralization, people who post them have zero understanding of how pools work

The pools control the hash power plain and simple they are far more centralized. EOS will have 21 supernodes which can be voted out very quickly if need be. DPOS has proven itself with steem and bitshares but people want to keep repeating the same bs its fine with me time will show which of us are correct.
wilsonwilly1

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:53:19 AM

I've read around that price is expected to drop for a long while, during the distribution phase, before it will eventually starts to climb again.
Mightywill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:57:38 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 09:09:02 AM by Mightywill

The pools control the hash power plain and simple they are far more centralized. EOS will have 21 supernodes which can be voted out very quickly if need be. DPOS has proven itself with steem and bitshares but people want to keep repeating the same bs its fine with me time will show which of us are correct.

dpos is not proven yet. because the problem of "permanent nobility"(a rich become richer) has no solution so far and Steemit has already faced with that - 250 token holders control everything there, they promote their own posts and downvote any other

btw, even eth POS will have the same issue
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:09:36 AM

Decentralization doesn't actually mean a lot when considering value. At least outside of hardcore crypto zealots, who who lack in financial knowledge and also believe in things like bitcoin offering competition to central banking. In my experience, those are the only people who keep parroting about decentralization, and they hold very little weight in the market. Those who hold weight, they care if the thing works or not, and it doesn't matter if it works through a centralized network or decentralized, there will be no ideological preferences for that.

If you dont need decentralization and only need a powerful global application infrastructure then I have a good news for you - it already exists for at least 10 years and it's name is cloud computing - Amazon AWS, Microsoft AZURE, etc
each of them already have dozens of datacenters around the world with highest possible throughput
every web software engineer knows about that , you are likely not one of them

you can find my first post here where i was very curious  about how eos is going to achieve so high transaction speed  preserving decentralized approach
and it was an enigma for me until I've heard about nodes limit, and that has disappointed me a lot because it's not a big deal to speed up any p2p network by decreasing a number of nodes

limit a number of bitcoin nodes to 21 nodes and you will be able to generate 2 seconds blocks with 15000 tx per seconds
oh, and if you have a single node - you are the king! ))))

but if you have dozens of datecenters then why we need it at all? we had it for a long time - cloud services

the only defference ibetween eos and clouds is stakeholders - but it doesnt mean much for a app vendors, because they dont care whom to pay for hosting thies apps

Well, just like with bitcoin, if you want a currency, then you already have USD and EUR. As I said, practical effectiveness doesn't mean much with crypto value. Value is driven by hype and EOS currently has the most potential for building hype on.

:
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

dpos is not proven yet. because the problem of "permanent nobility"(a rich become richer) has no solution so far and Steemit has already faced with that - 250 token holders control everything there, they promote their own posts and downvote any other

btw, even eth POS will have the same issue

And again, same thing with bitcoin. Deflationary value is also built in a way where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Almost all the cryptos are built in this way, because otherwise there would be no incentive for these pumps. These pumps are caused by hype, and the hype is caused by hopes of getting richer.

:
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

You'll laugh, but EOS, Cardano and TRON do not exist on Poloniex, I think it is not a coincidence

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
Mightywill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:27:56 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 09:51:09 AM by Mightywill

I've personally made 20x on EOS but now I have big doubts in its purpose
I've invested 15k usd and got 300k usd, in December I had almost 1 mln usd in EOS tokens

But also I have 20 years of XP in software development (and even in hardware developent and even in CPU designing)  and can judge about any new technology and its capabilities and now I dont see much advantages of EOS over existing cloud services

the stakeholders is the only diff, but it changes nothing for app users and almost nothing for app vendors

for example Instagram does not have its own servers it works completely on Amazon Web Servics - and AWS is 52 datacenters around the world look here

and yes I know that ETH is slow but it offers something that clouds do not and will not - decentralization, whereas EOS has almost the same caps as existing solutions

Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:08:38 AM

I've personally made 20x on EOS but now I have big doubts in its purpose
I've invested 15k usd and got 300k usd, in December I had almost 1 mln usd in EOS tokens

But also I have 20 years of XP in software development (and even in hardware developent and even in CPU designing)  and can judge about any new technology and its capabilities and now I dont see much advantages of EOS over existing cloud services

the stakeholders is the only diff, but it changes nothing for app users and almost nothing for app vendors

for example Instagram does not have its own servers it works completely on Amazon Web Servics - and AWS is 52 datacenters around the world look here

and yes I know that ETH is slow but it offers something that clouds do not and will not - decentralization, whereas EOS has almost the same caps as existing solutions

I think that your reasoning is sound in the perspective of regular investment logic. I mostly get burned when I follow regular investment logic with cryptos. Experience in gambling serves this game better then experience in investing.
I can't be certain of anything, but I am a fairly conservative player, staying mostly in fiat and entering only when I see a good chance. And right now my bet is that EOS hype is only starting. The hype is still moving only through more specified information channels. When MSM starts to pump the hype, then my sell finger will get itchy.

:
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:18:32 AM

You'll laugh, but EOS, Cardano and TRON do not exist on Poloniex, I think it is not a coincidence

Big projects keep growing but now Polo almost lost its charm we have so many user friendly exchanges which x10 volume as with that exchange. EOS is really big project and it getting more demand from people so that I hope it will get more value it doesn't matter on which exchanges that is right now.
Mightywill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:32:08 AM

I think that your reasoning is sound in the perspective of regular investment logic. I mostly get burned when I follow regular investment logic with cryptos. Experience in gambling serves this game better then experience in investing.
I can't be certain of anything, but I am a fairly conservative player, staying mostly in fiat and entering only when I see a good chance. And right now my bet is that EOS hype is only starting. The hype is still moving only through more specified information channels. When MSM starts to pump the hype, then my sell finger will get itchy.

In shot term I agree with you, of cause
but I'm taking about fundamental value and long term perspective
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:34:01 AM

In shot term I agree with you, of cause
but I'm taking about fundamental value and long term perspective

I try to keep away from making long term predictions with crypto. Only thing they create are illusionary expectations that can mess up your game in the future Tongue

:
Alex09012004

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:35:15 AM

The last weeks are really impressive. I bought eos at 5.5$ and now it's 20+ , not bad Cool I believe that this project has really huge potential.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:45:37 AM

The last weeks are really impressive. I bought eos at 5.5$ and now it's 20+ , not bad Cool I believe that this project has really huge potential.
It is just the beginning because the EOS blockchain is still not launched, EOS price will be more expensive in june 2018 because many people who make decentralize application dapps include smart contract on EOS platform and will many airdrop for EOS holders especially the airdrop from everipedia on june, in my personal analysis EOS price will be at least $40/ EOS so just hold the EOS right now.
Mightywill
Copper Member

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:10:05 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 11:25:12 AM by Mightywill

I try to keep away from making long term predictions with crypto. Only thing they create are illusionary expectations that can mess up your game in the future Tongue

I'm not so skeptical  Tongue

I can see some projects that have already proved to be able to bring a new value to the industry

for exmaple,

1. if you need to keep your money in safe but mobile place - you already have bitcoin
I dont care about payments but we already have safe and super mobile place to keep our money - impossible and even unimaginable in the past

2. if you need not so fast distributed contacts - you already have a platforms for that.  Forget about speed, fault-free execution brought by decentralized cryptography - is already the value

3. blockchains - is already perfect solution for any kind of public registries, and they dont need your 15000 tx per sec

and I'm personally working on one of them and one of its important features is that this project does not need and wont need a superfast blockchains at all - the speed of existing solutions is already good enough
Jacques_Bittard

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

I'm not so skeptical  Tongue

I can see some projects that have already proved to be able to bring a new value to the industry

for exmaple,

1. if you need to keep your money in safe but mobile place - you already have bitcoin
I dont care about payments but we already have safe and super mobile place to keep our money - impossible and even unimaginable in the past

2. if you need not so fast distributed contacts - you already have a platforms for that.  Forget about speed, fault-free execution brought by decentralization - is already the value

3. blockchains - is already a perfect solution for any kind of public registries, and they dont need your 15000 tx per sec

and I'm personally working on one of them and one of its important features is that this project does not need and wont need a superfast blockchains at all - the speed of existing solutions is already good enough

IT is more of an hobby to me then work, so technical input from someone who has experience is always welcome. Thank you for the thought out replies. I myself consider bitcoin as the biggest risk for the entire crypto market for years. While I agree that storing bitcoins is safe, then I can't agree that storing value in bitcoin is safe. Value is still given to bitcoin through the unregulated exchange network. This means that if you want to trust your value in bitcoin, then you have to put your trust mainly into the exchange cartel. You have to trust them for not creating funny money on their on exchanges and not to pump up the value with wealth that doesn't exist outside of their books. There is no solid legal framework around cryptos yet, so you can use all kinds of shenanigans and clear yourself of blame pretty easily. This part is the biggest unknown to me with cryptos, because for instance, if we would find out that Tether was funny-money, then it won't only hit BTC hard but every crypto will suffer. I would be a lot more confident with cryptos if the market system wouldn't be this dependent on bitcoin hype.

:
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: