Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:24:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189631 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 06:31:10 PM

i know we are OT, but, if you want,  can you tell me more about the part in bold?
why you say that right now, dex like forkdelta are at best a semi-decentralized exchange?
Example: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/sec-charges-etherdelta-founder-operating-unregistered-exchange
Give me a break. Random freezing of certain coin deposits/withdrawals + targeted locking out of users when something is wrong (or when they just feel like it) is NOT decentralized in any way.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:42:51 PM

99.99% of dapps are useless and create no value. Stop drinking smart contracts = future of everything kool-aid.
99.99%!! That means usable Dapps are countable on fingers. Are there any Dapps which Lauda herself uses and applauds? But as far as Dapps go, I think the only reason people use them right now is for monetization. You know, like use a social media Dapp, earn some tokens and then sell them. I have yet to see something really innovative that can't be done on centralized apps.

oh, things can be done on centralized apps, but maybe, sometimes, is better when they are in decentralized apps, for example some financial and banking service.
centralized and decentralized dapp have huge difference and you are right about decentralization financial and banking service
for example when deposit or withdraw your crypto then decentralized Dapp exchanges are very fast because you control you transaction with you own determined gas and on centralized exchange withdraw fee fixed and you have to wait more for you withdrawal process to finish
i am big fan of decentralized exchange like forkdelta and idex currently i am using
eos transaction speed is fast and Dapp exchange on EOS will work faster then eth based Dapp exchange
Which is absolute bullshit. What you call a DEX is, objectively, at best a semi-decentralized exchange. The devs can do a lot of things that the owners of centralized exchanges can. Stop drinking kool-aid.

No worries, the EOS cartel will blacklist/undo the transaction(s). We're talking about a decentralized currency after all.  Roll Eyes

i know we are OT, but, if you want,  can you tell me more about the part in bold?
why you say that right now, dex like forkdelta are at best a semi-decentralized exchange?

Fully decentralized means no one is in control, autonomous. For instance on Idex some aspects are classified as decentralized, you can trade directly from your wallet and you are in control of the private keys, however, they decide which tokens to list, which ones to delist or when to suspend deposits withdrawals.
vineyard

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

EOS Auctions

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 12:40:11 AM

99.99% of dapps are useless and create no value. Stop drinking smart contracts = future of everything kool-aid.
99.99%!! That means usable Dapps are countable on fingers. Are there any Dapps which Lauda herself uses and applauds? But as far as Dapps go, I think the only reason people use them right now is for monetization. You know, like use a social media Dapp, earn some tokens and then sell them. I have yet to see something really innovative that can't be done on centralized apps.

oh, things can be done on centralized apps, but maybe, sometimes, is better when they are in decentralized apps, for example some financial and banking service.
centralized and decentralized dapp have huge difference and you are right about decentralization financial and banking service
for example when deposit or withdraw your crypto then decentralized Dapp exchanges are very fast because you control you transaction with you own determined gas and on centralized exchange withdraw fee fixed and you have to wait more for you withdrawal process to finish
i am big fan of decentralized exchange like forkdelta and idex currently i am using
eos transaction speed is fast and Dapp exchange on EOS will work faster then eth based Dapp exchange
Which is absolute bullshit. What you call a DEX is, objectively, at best a semi-decentralized exchange. The devs can do a lot of things that the owners of centralized exchanges can. Stop drinking kool-aid.

No worries, the EOS cartel will blacklist/undo the transaction(s). We're talking about a decentralized currency after all.  Roll Eyes

i know we are OT, but, if you want,  can you tell me more about the part in bold?

Fully decentralized means no one is in control, autonomous. For instance on Idex some aspects are classified as decentralized, you can trade directly from your wallet and you are in control of the private keys, however, they decide which tokens to list, which ones to delist or when to suspend deposits withdrawals.

It is true that EOS is not truly decentralized to the same extent as Bitcoin or Ethereum, but the concept of voting in/out block producers based on your weighted ownership of EOS is intended to address this. Colluding block producers should get voted out (in theory) and honest ones voted in. Whether or not this works remains to be be seen. Keep in mind, Bitcoin and Ethereum are only truly decentralized to the extent that no colluding group of miners exceeds 50% of the network mining power.
CoinPoint
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:00:03 AM

It is true that EOS is not truly decentralized to the same extent as Bitcoin or Ethereum, but the concept of voting in/out block producers based on your weighted ownership of EOS is intended to address this. Colluding block producers should get voted out (in theory) and honest ones voted in. Whether or not this works remains to be be seen. Keep in mind, Bitcoin and Ethereum are only truly decentralized to the extent that no colluding group of miners exceeds 50% of the network mining power.

First of all, if you talk generally about dApps then you are plain incorrect. There are a multitude of dApps based on both ETH and EOS that raised a lot of funds but an awareness too. EOS, being proclaimed ETH killer, is base for many dApps such as Everipedia, Trybe, HireVibes, Endless Game, Nebula...that people use on a daily basis.

On top of that, EOS has been adopted widely by an iGaming industry. No other coin has been able to deal with as much transactions as EOS thus making it exclusively applied in the industry. Witnessing the iGaming's move to the crypto field will make sure that the EOS will stick around for quite a while!

alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:28:53 AM

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
Victor_Borodulin

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 06:46:26 PM

Hi!

I would like to tell you about new EOS-airdrop, here is the link:
https://medium.com/bingobet/bingobet-have-launched-a-bounty-campaign-84ebd4b61a1b

More info about project:
https://medium.com/bingobet/the-first-american-roulette-on-eos-blockchain-372bfc666cd3
https://medium.com/bingobet/bingobet-economics-model-9b7593624859
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

what do you think about this tweet?

Corey Miller
‏ @coreyj_miller

1/ Instead of discussing a BTC mining death spiral, perhaps we should be talking about EOS Block Producers turning off their operations. Although the narrative is that EOS BPs are financially well-off, many are currently underwater...
09:26 - 11 déc. 2018

please explain..
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:04:47 PM

Ahhh, who would you like to explain to you what?
Nice tweet btw.

This was very enlightening (taken from the tweet):

https://medium.com/@altShiftDev/survey-of-eos-block-producers-cf9677561db7

Go on EOS, you can do it under $1 Tongue

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 10:52:29 PM

How do you generally believe in this project? Larimer never brought the project to an end, of course, you can earn money on his projects because of the noise. But in the end, it will be a typical project that closes, and certainly not a competitor to Ethereum. They have such loud statements; they will not be able to become steeper than the ether.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 10:13:02 AM

First of all I think they need to solve the CPU troubles because it's getting ridiculous to use the EOS blockchain... I have around 200$ staking just to be able to interact with the blockchain and after 4/5 actions you just can't use any dapp or even send tokens around, I don't think people will spend hundreds of dollars in EOS only to use some apps or games...

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:14:36 AM

REX is getting closer! The newest EOSIO release candidate has already introduced REX into the eosio.system contract. The contract can be tested by the community prior to the official release of v1.6.0 of eosio.contracts.
https://github.com/EOSIO/eosio.contracts/releases/tag/v1.6.0-rc1
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 03:48:07 PM

Man, anyone knows why this EOS congestion is just not clearing. Even after having 130 EOS staked, I can't damn use a simple gaming Dapp. What happened to all that millions of transactions per second. Hard to imagine EOS becoming a DAPP ecosystem with such slow and unusable network.

cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:05:12 PM

Man, anyone knows why this EOS congestion is just not clearing. Even after having 130 EOS staked, I can't damn use a simple gaming Dapp. What happened to all that millions of transactions per second. Hard to imagine EOS becoming a DAPP ecosystem with such slow and unusable network.

Damn, for real man? I thought EOS was the ETH killer, way more scalable and efficient blockchain  Shocked
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:13:22 AM

First of all I think they need to solve the CPU troubles because it's getting ridiculous to use the EOS blockchain... I have around 200$ staking just to be able to interact with the blockchain and after 4/5 actions you just can't use any dapp or even send tokens around, I don't think people will spend hundreds of dollars in EOS only to use some apps or games...
well in future more Dapps will come on EOS platfrom and they will not about games only. right now decentralized exchange app will be good and have demand also where eos holder can trade decentralized on exchange like IDEX or frokdelta eth based DApps
i hope soon eos team will resolve the issue of CPU troubles. i am still holding more then 1000$ eos on exchange. and meybe buy more if price goes more down
Ryuuma

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

EOS blockchain has good potential in the future to be more successfull especially for smart contract and decentralize application dapps industries because EOS blockchain is faster than other blockchain.
apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:58:14 PM

well in future more Dapps will come on EOS platfrom and they will not about games only. right now decentralized exchange app will be good and have demand also where eos holder can trade decentralized on exchange like IDEX or frokdelta eth based DApps
i hope soon eos team will resolve the issue of CPU troubles. i am still holding more then 1000$ eos on exchange. and meybe buy more if price goes more down
I also keep the EOS and consider the acquisition of even more, but it will depend on how much the market will fall. If the price of EOS falls to one dollar, I think it will be possible to buy more.

dfktynby1004
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 10:47:16 PM

In my opinion, this is one of the strongest projects that exist on the market now. The leaderboard created by the Chinese authorities proves it.

Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:01:27 PM

Ah yes EOS, well, damn how do you believe in it, I had enough of one ICO on which I saw the deception of myself and many investors. Of course, I agree that I earned 600% from the first pool, but the pancake was immediately obvious that there were not so many funds raised!

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:13:55 PM

​Today they are inaugurating the opening of the EOS GO community blog platform. They commit to providing high quality and informative content related to EOSIO.

They do this by posting their first article in the EOS GO DApp Review series. After reading Dan suggestions on the DICE token, they decided to write the most complete review about the platform.

Here we go: https://www.eosgo.io/blog/eosgo-dapp-review-betdice/
etherclassic

Activity: 317
Merit: 141

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:30:24 AM

Team GeneOS were selected as the ultimate winners in their marathon eoshackathon series at the Grand Finale earlier this month. They caught up with them just after the judges announced their decision.
https://block.one/news/geneos-winners-of-the-eos-global-hackathon/
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: