Poll
Question: what do you like more
Choice 22759
Choice 42
Choice 11teen
Choice A
Choice B
Choice #

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FlapXcoin Back on the move Listings, Pools, Games, More. Flappycoin, FLAP FLAPX  (Read 40440 times)
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:05:45 PM

{
"addr" : "94.61.193.156:11556",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1499946339,
"lastrecv" : 1499946339,
"bytessent" : 1587,
"bytesrecv" : 14422,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1499945677,
"version" : 91337,
"subver" : "/Flaptoshi:3.2.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 761450,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
}

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
uBm

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:51:13 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 09:04:12 AM by uBm

10 Nodes connected so far. - if i would be able to compile the linux version - that would help, but it seems it is not possible neither on my vserver nor on a local virtual machine, seems to be open ssl related. ( 1.1 vs 1.01). Also the tx fee issue has to be sorted out, that is bugged. No matter what i set as minimum, it takes sometimes 50 % of the transaction as plus for tx fee. also the binary should be version 5 , not 3.2 as it is at the moment.

https://github.com/Flapmin/Flappy5/issues
wailord284

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:44:36 PM

10 Nodes connected so far. - if i would be able to compile the linux version - that would help, but it seems it is not possible neither on my vserver nor on a local virtual machine, seems to be open ssl related. ( 1.1 vs 1.01). Also the tx fee issue has to be sorted out, that is bugged. No matter what i set as minimum, it takes sometimes 50 % of the transaction as plus for tx fee. also the binary should be version 5 , not 3.2 as it is at the moment.

https://github.com/Flapmin/Flappy5/issues

I believe in order to compile you need OpenSSL 1.0.1e. However, on a RaspberryPi running Debian, I could compile the daemon using OpenSSL 1.0.1t. But because it is using the ARM architecture, I am unable to compile something like unomp to run a pool. But if you're able to get 1.0.1t for SSL, the daemon runs fine and I can run my node on it no problem.
hanzou

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

Hey guys,

I've been mining some FlappyCoins while I can (tested some CPU mining on Mac and Windows) and am pretty confused about the state of things. I looked through this thread, but apologies if some of my questions here were already answered above and I missed it.

1. I find two primary websites, https://flappycoins.wordpress.com/ and https://flappycoins.wordpress.com/ which are each lacking in different ways. Are we expected to follow and maintain both for the time being?

2. The WordPress site has the text "As of block 699999 all previous coins in circulation cease to exist". However, a page ago ugabuga gives a procedure for migrating a version 3 wallet into FlappyCoin Qt 5, but then his last edit says "EDIT: Upsssss... I do not know if the flap transferred properly, had been mined in the meantime ..". So which is it? If I have a wallet from 2014 should I really attempt to dig it up?

3. The mining-pools section of the WordPress site says "you can do so by solo mining as it temporally uses the Sha256 algorithm instead." Does that make any sense? Isn't this exclusively a scrypt coin? Or at least that's what I recall from 2014. If it supports Sha256-mining in addition to Scrypt I figure everybody including the pools might as well use Sha256 too.

4. Although the pool linked on the WordPress site is down, the network hash rate appears to be so low that I think we might as well all solo-mine with a GPU. For me that's an exciting new experience, as in 2014 I was on Dogecoin and other altcoins where it was never practical to mine outside a pool. And I was using cgminer back then. Are there instructions for how to solo-mine with sgminer? Or how about cudaminer if I have an NVIDIA box?
flappycoinrevive

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:57:29 AM

Hey Hanzo, I am the administrator of the website Flappycoins.wordpress.com.

1) I currently maintain the website and try to keep it as up-to-date as possible. If you or anyone would also like to contribute I can grant you editing privileges.
There are two websites in total:

Website ~ Owner/Administrator

flappycoins.wordpress.com ~ Me
https://sites.google.com/view/flappycoin ~ Developer

2) I was informed by the developer that all coins in circulation before block 699999 cease to exist as a side effect of rebooting the coin. I have about 3 million coins in a previous wallet that I have not been able to recover. So I emailed the developer regarding my situation and he gave me some of his coins as "compensation."  So, if someone finds a way to do it successfully, let me know.

3) Sorry, about the misinformation (I'll update the webpage later today). This is a scrypt coin and when solo mining you are mining using a cpu as compared to pool mining with a GPU.

4) And as of a couple days ago the administrator of the only pool shut it down; so your only option is to solo mine. It is possible to connect sg miner to your wallet (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169627.0)
menlatin

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 05:31:44 AM

2) I was informed by the developer that all coins in circulation before block 699999 cease to exist as a side effect of rebooting the coin. I have about 3 million coins in a previous wallet that I have not been able to recover. So I emailed the developer regarding my situation and he gave me some of his coins as "compensation."  So, if someone finds a way to do it successfully, let me know.

Not so much dude. What you have to do it save your wallet.dat, rename the folder Users/[USER]/AppData/Roaming/Flappycoin to something else, run the V5 wallet, close the wallet as soon as it opens, copy the bootstrap.dat and your old wallet.dat to the new Flappycoin folder, open wallet V5 again and it should sync with all your coins.

wailord284

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:12:28 PM

Do you know where we can grab the old wallet and try this? I can't find it online
ugabuga

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:41:33 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what is the total of valid, outstanding Flap?

I do not know how to know this, and I'm sure it's very important ...

And on the distribution of the FLAP from cryptsy, anyone know the fate of about 2.5 billion? Will be distributed through POS?

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
hanzou

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:18:12 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 04:57:23 AM by hanzou

Thanks for your thorough response, flappycoinrevive!

I think I can help out on the WordPress site and have submitted my login info via the "Become a Contributor" link.

What you have to do it save your wallet.dat, rename the folder Users/[USER]/AppData/Roaming/Flappycoin to something else, run the V5 wallet, close the wallet as soon as it opens, copy the bootstrap.dat and your old wallet.dat to the new Flappycoin folder, open wallet V5 again

I went through this procedure and can confirm it successfully transferred my 2014 balances and I was able to mine more coins on top of that as we sit here at block 769528. I did not need to install the old client, run importprivkey or any of the additional steps in Sravas's description.

Do you know where we can grab the old wallet and try this? I can't find it online

Given that menlatin's suggested approach works, I don't think you need to run the old wallet software.

4) And as of a couple days ago the administrator of the only pool shut it down; so your only option is to solo mine. It is possible to connect sg miner to your wallet (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169627.0)

That link came up for me earlier via Google, but it seems rather specific to JoinCoin. I assume we'd have to write algo=script instead of x11, quark etc., and should one really append --algorithm darkcoin-mod?

Since I didn't have an AMD GPU readily available I thought to try the old cudaminer, and found this 2014 wiki to describe the solo GPU mining steps so succinctly. Downloaded ccminer since that fork seems to be the dominant successor and it's updated for CUDA 8.0 and modern GPUs, and I hacked up this ccminer.conf:
Code:
{
        "_comment1" : "Possible keys are the long options (ccminer --help)",
        "_comment2" : "todo: support /* comments */",

"api-bind": "127.0.0.1:9150",
        "statsavg": 20,

"max-log-rate" : 30,
        "quiet" : false,
        "debug" : false,
        "protocol" : false,
        "cpu-priority" : 3,

"algo" : "scrypt",

"url" : "http://127.0.0.1:9150",
        "user" : "hanzou",
        "pass" : "none"
}
Then somehow, it actually worked: https://i.imgur.com/BSs28c5.jpg

and I held the majority of the network hashing power that morning with a single mid-end GPU. Seems like we had better foster more mining participation.

Next question, the websites report the block rewards as:
> Blocks   Flappycoin Reward
> 700000-725000
> 725000-750000
> 750000 (Proof-of-Stake Kicks In Again)

yet we're sitting on block 769528 and still mining. Is this plan out-of-date?

Lastly, the "About FlappyCoin" box for version 5 reports it as version 3.2.0 and from 2014:
 https://i.imgur.com/Uh32Jh6.jpg

Does this need to be fixed? Or maybe I'm not running the binary that I think I am.
Sravas

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:20:04 AM

I went through this procedure and can confirm it successfully transferred my 2014 balances and I was able to mine more coins on top of that as we sit here at block 769528. I did not need to install the old client, run importprivkey or any of the additional steps in Sravas's description.
I also confirm that old v3.2.0 wallet.dat can be recovered just by file replacement without privatekey importing.

However I'm nor sure if every version of old wallet.dat will be recognized by V5 without problems.
For example, V4 wallet.dat (year 2015 POS etc.) synchronyzed years ago after  block 699 999 may not work(if you have delete v3.2.0 wallet.dat and are keeping v4 only).

Privatekey dumping - importing is universal procedure and must work ever (for coin amounts confirmed before block 700 000).
wailord284

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:25:06 PM

I also confirm that old v3.2.0 wallet.dat can be recovered just by file replacement without privatekey importing.

However I'm nor sure if every version of old wallet.dat will be recognized by V5 without problems.
For example, V4 wallet.dat (year 2015 POS etc.) synchronyzed years ago after  block 699 999 may not work(if you have delete v3.2.0 wallet.dat and are keeping v4 only).

Privatekey dumping - importing is universal procedure and must work ever (for coin amounts confirmed before block 700 000).

Ok thanks for the clarification. I got myself confused. Glad to see that this is working!
hanzou

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:28:24 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 09:44:33 PM by hanzou

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks Sravas!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what is the total of valid, outstanding Flap?

It's been a while since I've played with this interface, but I found this command:
Code:
gettxoutsetinfo
{
"height" : 770300,
"bestblock" : "a6a9fc86471046194e13984f79e26857aa363e229ae5e8e5af7e45120cfd7478",
"transactions" : 387128,
"txouts" : 458774,
"bytes_serialized" : 26298262,
"hash_serialized" : "e41dddbccadc84c8b510344219b15eb60d2ded8ab660c74d673919aeba11bd7a",
"total_amount" : 72429393501.99800110
}
which would indicate about 72.4 billion FLAP, somewhat higher than the original 70 billion target.

our only mining pool has been shutdown. Can anyone startup another one. Reward offering.

I may be interested in attempting this. How much is the reward offering?

That's not my main motivation, but it would be nice to avoid any surprise if I happen to get stuck debugging some challenging issues in an unfamiliar setup.

Also the tx fee issue has to be sorted out, that is bugged. No matter what i set as minimum, it takes sometimes 50 % of the transaction as plus for tx fee.

I saw https://github.com/Flapmin/Flappy5/issues/1 and confirmed the same problem with a screenshot. I think it wouldn't be hard to set a breakpoint in the applicable TxFee source lines and step through to see where it blows up. However, using a debugger would first require building from source. Are any of you guys doing that already and have some tips?

if i would be able to compile the linux version - that would help, but it seems it is not possible neither on my vserver nor on a local virtual machine, seems to be open ssl related. ( 1.1 vs 1.01).

I may be able to help as I have a bit of experience building openssl from source and can do it in any Docker container to match your system, then send you either compiled binaries or my build script. What Linux distro / libc version are you targeting? Assuming v1.0.1u will do.
ugabuga

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:42:46 PM

WOW !!!!!

More than 72 billion Huh

I'm weeks to mine half a million because I thought there would be "few" flap, after all, I'm just bursting money into electricity with the pc day and night pulling ...

Sad... very sad... Angry

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
wailord284

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:56:42 PM

I may be able to help as I have a bit of experience building openssl from source and can do it in any Docker container to match your system, then send you either compiled binaries or my build script. What Linux distro / libc version are you targeting? Assuming v1.0.1l will do.

Hi, do you have experience with making one for Arch Linux? I am unable to downgrade my OpenSSL too far because it causes system instability. Do you know how I could compile it from source and then point the flappycoin source to look for that compiled Openssl? Thanks for you're help.

Figured I'd also mention I'm able to compile the qt and daemon on my raspberryPi running raspbian which has allowed me to run a node 24/7 but, due to its ARM architecture transferring the compiled binary doesn't work. I also tried to make a p2pool for flappycoin but am getting an error so if you have experience with that maybe we could work together or something.
hanzou

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:04:07 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 07:50:53 PM by hanzou

I'm just bursting money into electricity with the pc day and night pulling ...

Considering our low total network hashrate, you may be the one who has kept the coin alive. What sort of hash rate are you running at?

Hi, do you have experience with making one for Arch Linux? I am unable to downgrade my OpenSSL too far because it causes system instability. Do you know how I could compile it from source and then point the flappycoin source to look for that compiled Openssl? Thanks for you're help.

It would take a bit of time to get an Arch docker container so I'll put that off until later, but here's how I build openssl 1.0.1 on Ubuntu:
Code:
$ curl -O https://ftp.openssl.org/source/old/1.0.1/openssl-1.0.1u.tar.gz
$ tar xfz openssl-1.0.1u.tar.gz
$ cd openssl-1.0.1u
$ ./Configure -fPIC --prefix=$HOME/myopenssl linux-generic32 no-asm enable-static-engine
$ make && make install

Then when you build flappycoind, add args as follows:
Code:
make OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=$HOME/myopenssl/include OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=$HOME/myopenssl/lib -f makefile.unix

Figured I'd also mention I'm able to compile the qt and daemon on my raspberryPi running raspbian which has allowed me to run a node 24/7 but, due to its ARM architecture transferring the compiled binary doesn't work. I also tried to make a p2pool for flappycoin but am getting an error so if you have experience with that maybe we could work together or something.

A bit confused. You tried transferring the build from one Raspberry Pi to another? That should be fine unless one is ARMv7 (Pi 2 and beyond) and the other ARMv6 (Raspberry Pi 1, B+, or Zero).

I don't have my Raspberry Pi on hand at the moment. For the p2pool building problem, how about you private-message me with the log and I'll take a look at the log tonight. I'm totally cool if you end up collecting the aforementioned bounty!
uBm

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:53:59 PM

cool to see people still supporting this topic/coin, i hope the developer can do anything abut the tx fee isssue, also the coin itself needs update, codebase seem a bit dusty to me compared to doge btc etc ... including version number Smiley
edit : Flapmin [Last Active:   July 01, 2017, 11:30:34 PM]
ugabuga

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

I'm just bursting money into electricity with the pc day and night pulling ...

Considering our low total network hashrate, you may be the one who has kept the coin alive. What sort of hash rate are you running at?

Between 150K ~ 500K ... part of the day I need to reduce to be able to work ...

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
hanzou

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:19:23 AM

Ok I got the OS X build working on Sierra and can now set a breakpoint in main.cpp.

However, I just sent 10000 FLAP and this time the transaction fee was only 3.406, so I'm left without a pathological case to inspect. Is anyone else still seeing the egregiously high tx fees?

One theory I have is that because the fee is based on the size of the transaction, it could be explained because yesterday I was attempting to send from the particular wallet that had dominated mining for a day. 4000 / 25 FLAP block reward = 160 input txIDs, which might explain why it could appear like a "large" transaction in terms of bytes. I'll have to check when I get access to that GeForce box again.

Even if that discrepancy can be explained, we still should fix this if there's no need to run with such high tx fees.
adsamy

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:24:40 AM

There are many old coins going back to the bull market this year, and I hope you can make meaningful progress
n00bminer

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

If we can get a linux binary for the daemon I could add it to one of my node vps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: