Poll
Question: what do you like more
Choice 22759
Choice 42
Choice 11teen
Choice A
Choice B
Choice #

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FlapXcoin Back on the move Listings, Pools, Games, More. Flappycoin, FLAP FLAPX  (Read 40443 times)
Flapmin (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:06:15 PM

Watch your tx fees folks, some poor slob just paid me 2200 in fees to move 5000 coins...

I am mining with reduced fee threshold, but if your wallet sends the big fee anyway it's gonna get mined that way...

thats probably my pool its having issues with payouts im remember something now about one of the wallet compile being set high on fees i wonder if that is the issue im having
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:34:38 PM

Watch your tx fees folks, some poor slob just paid me 2200 in fees to move 5000 coins...

I am mining with reduced fee threshold, but if your wallet sends the big fee anyway it's gonna get mined that way...

thats probably my pool its having issues with payouts im remember something now about one of the wallet compile being set high on fees i wonder if that is the issue im having

im fairly sure its my pool doing that its just me mining and they go back out to the miners not crying over the coins atm

im getting this in the shell

[2017-07-24 19:32:14.895] [ERROR] [default] - Payments flappycoin Not enough funds to cover the tx fees for sending out payments, decreasing rewards by 2% and retrying

ive just set int tx fee to .01 in the deamon im not sure what is responsible for the fees im also
not sure if the pay spooler takes the new fee automatically or if it only applies to new payments i guess ill
know in 120 min  is anyone has in incite let me know 

i think im also going to list the paying adress as i understand it and add it to the reward address and turn on a fee
only this is inputs to that aresss are also subject to fees

Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:58:14 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 01:12:55 AM by Flapmin

so to anyone running a pool i have found the issue . your payouts must be less then the block size
its a problem with the math and the block reward as is

so your pool mines a 49 coin block or two or three lets say 3

you set a payout of 100 coins .

this payout requires additional fees per inputs ( you need 3 inputs to get the 100 coins payout)

if your seeing what i am this 100 coin payout now costs right about 110.3 coins to pay out

its a losing situation set your payouts to 40 coins min and set a reward of 3.75% back to the pool payout
wallet its a temporary fix but you shell will stop looking like xmasss get it red lines green lines lol

I need all you miners and pool operators to start to prepare for a wallet update the simple fix
is to bump up the reward so the smallest block possibility is higher

for example 1000 coin block tx fee is set at 3.75 one input
10 X 100 coins ten inputs is 37.5 coins

no pool can live like that nore can the network . i did not see this problem
as first as i had kickied the block reward back up for the first 50k blocks ....

working on it

ok same deal though not nearly as bad ... working on fix ... id like to implement it at the same
time as the rest of the updates its hard to get people to get the new wallet all at the same time soo
i think ill put a lead up to the fix in the new wallet for a soft update .. may or may not be plausible however i can do
a quick fix for this issue only and bump up the payout if i can get the p2p pool on it at the same time

Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:21:17 AM

Me and hanzou might actually have also just gotten a p2pool operating. Just testing a few more things but due to his work I think its almost good to go. Just testing the last steps.

can i set up a time with you guys to do a update . small one but you will need to recompile
because of where flappy is going i want to bump up the bottom of the payout scale to 500 coins
up from thats where it will end up eventually anyway following the new scale i can go ahead and lay out
the block reward for the next month, then for the swap, then for the foreseeable ever after ,
make a checkpoint,block old wallets and call it 5.1 most of the changes in 6 are gui based they will plug in
no problems on top of it later
wailord284

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:23:31 AM

Me and hanzou might actually have also just gotten a p2pool operating. Just testing a few more things but due to his work I think its almost good to go. Just testing the last steps.

can i set up a time with you guys to do a update . small one but you will need to recompile
because of where flappy is going i want to bump up the bottom of the payout scale to 500 coins
up from thats where it will end up eventually anyway following the new scale i can go ahead and lay out
the block reward for the next month, then for the swap, then for the foreseeable ever after ,
make a checkpoint,block old wallets and call it 5.1 most of the changes in 6 are gui based they will plug in

so to anyone running a pool i have found the issue . your payouts must be less then the block size

this payout requires additional fees per inputs ( you need 3 inputs to get the 100 coins payout)

if your seeing what i am this 100 coin payout now costs right about 110.3 coins to pay out

its a losing situation set your payouts to 40 coins min and set a reward of 3.75% back to the pool payout
wallet its a temporary fix but you shell will stop looking like xmasss get it red lines green lines lol

I need all you miners and pool operators to start to prepare for a wallet update the simple fix

as first as i had kickied the block reward back up for the first 50k blocks ....

working on it

ok same deal though not nearly as bad ... working on fix ... id like to implement it at the same
time as the rest of the updates its hard to get people to get the new wallet all at the same time soo
i think ill put a lead up to the fix in the new wallet for a soft update .. may or may not be plausible however i can do
a quick fix for this issue only and bump up the payout if i can get the p2p pool on it at the same time

Hey, I know theres an issue with the transaction fees, but I think the p2pool I have is working to a point I'd consider operational. Eventually if you release a wallet/daemon fix I can update at anytime. Let me know when you have something prepared and I'll update right away.
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:48:35 AM

working on it

Hey, I know theres an issue with the transaction fees, but I think the p2pool I have is working to a point I'd consider operational. Eventually if you release a wallet/daemon fix I can update at anytime. Let me know when you have something prepared and I'll update right away.

will do .. the pool is operational but i have to run in there and combine blocks
ill get back to you soon
hanzou

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:17:15 AM

From what I can tell p2pool sets the multi-recipient payouts directly in the block reward tx, so it isn't subject to any transaction fee there. I'm not sure why other pooling software would do anything different.

Well the simpler fix that we are already applying is to remove the insanely high transaction fees. That's ticket https://github.com/Flapmin/Flappy5/issues/1 and it doesn't require a hard fork like raising the block reward. Active users here have already edited their flappycoin.conf accordingly.
uBm

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:21:21 AM

@hanzou
i strongly recommend setting persist to true.

Reason: p2pool is ment as peer to peer pool solution.
setting persist to false is like havin a peer to peer network but everyone is on its own.
Persist false is ment for testnet activies - or for building a big second masternetwork/ Solo mining.

+ for p2pool persist true: everyone (nodes) shares hish hashpower into the shared pool, everyone gets his share/coins.
this is the real idea behind p2pool.
os even if there are 20 nodes, everyone has its own p2pool node, they would together work on the network to keep it up and against a 51% atack/hardfork.

Hi, So i've got the pool running and there aren't any problems that I can identify. Do you think I should change the configs to be True? Interested to hear if that's the best choice..
u might see it if anyone else (or even you yourself) starts a second instance of your p2pool ,
those would be two separate p2pool networks, each one mining on its own.
they do not connect to each other when persist is set to false. they shoudl however work as one when setting persist to true on both (or more) instances. the good thing on persist true is if a node is going down, you failover node on the same p2pool network has also your shares coutned in, so you will not lose any coin you have mined.
blackbird123

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:23:19 AM

People who do not have a mine will look so far and can't get into the door. I hope you can quickly set up market promotion activities
hanzou

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:30:59 AM

Oh that was an error on my part earlier. What I meant to write was:

> You [uBm]'d probably want to then set Persist = True and point to wailord284's node as a p2pool peer.

As for what wailord284 should maintain, I think the point when the first pool can switch to False is basically once we can put a decent number of other p2pool addresses in BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS and expect at least one to be on at all times. Hopefully that'll be the case soon, but we need to get miners aware of wailord284's pool first Smiley
wailord284

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:33:11 AM

> You [uBm]'d probably want to then set Persist = True and point to wailord284's node as a p2pool peer.

As for what wailord284 should maintain, I think the point when the first pool can switch to False is basically once we can put a decent number of other p2pool addresses in BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS and expect at least one to be on at all times. Hopefully that'll be the case soon, but we need to get miners aware of wailord284's pool first Smiley

I have the pool pretty much good and can change things as time goes on but, I just started getting this message on the p2pool site:
Warning: (from bitcoind) Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!

However, I am still able to mine and am receiving rewards. Thoughts?

Edit: I didnt want to release the pool info if it still has problems, but even with that interesting error it is working. So if anyone wants to try it out connect here: http://htmlhigh5.com:65050 You can view your stats as well as point your miner to this address. Your username is your flappycoin address and the password can be whatever (like x).
Let me know if it works for you as it has been for me. The pool has a variable difficulty and has been creating payouts. Thanks again Hanzou for your help! Smiley
P.S. There is no pool fee so hopefully that doesn't matter with the transaction fee stuff. I have it set with the values mentioned earlier so let me know if theres something I should change.
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:56:52 PM

I have the pool pretty much good and can change things as time goes on but, I just started getting this message on the p2pool site:
Warning: (from bitcoind) Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!

However, I am still able to mine and am receiving rewards. Thoughts?

Edit: I didnt want to release the pool info if it still has problems, but even with that interesting error it is working. So if anyone wants to try it out connect here: http://htmlhigh5.com:65050 You can view your stats as well as point your miner to this address. Your username is your flappycoin address and the password can be whatever (like x).
Let me know if it works for you as it has been for me. The pool has a variable difficulty and has been creating payouts. Thanks again Hanzou for your help! Smiley
P.S. There is no pool fee so hopefully that doesn't matter with the transaction fee stuff. I have it set with the values mentioned earlier so let me know if theres something I should change.

ive tried to fix the fees in the config and in th counsel .it is very possible
this is not an issue for p2p im not sure how the blocks are culled
however i just sent myself 10k coins to the sp1 build as soon as they confirm
ill see whats what i was only charged a fee of 3.5 to move a single input of 10k
good chance ill have a fixed source here in a few hrs with a built in soft fork at 780000
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

ok yes ive found and fixed it hold on for me a bit longer i need to nap when i wake ill get new links ect up ans se if i cant get this wallet to take a few more patches
uBm

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:16:16 PM

i am trying to get the #flappycoin chan on irc.freenode , but it would need somone to be around there, i got a shitload of work , and have limited time to be there for Q/A.
Suggestions on who could do that ?
wailord284

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

i am trying to get the #flappycoin chan on irc.freenode , but it would need somone to be around there, i got a shitload of work , and have limited time to be there for Q/A.

I'm not very skilled with IRC but, I made a temporary IRC channel that anyone can join. It has no password and can be connected to at htmlhigh5.com/6666 I'm on channel #Flap. Let me know if anyone wants to use it.
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:00:11 PM

MANDATORY
wallet update today SP1 several fixes and adjustments
BOUNTY of 50 Million for New Win wallet
BOUNTY of 50 Million for New MAC wallet
please claim before you build

Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:00:59 PM

I'm not very skilled with IRC but, I made a temporary IRC channel that anyone can join. It has no password and can be connected to at htmlhigh5.com/6666 I'm on channel #Flap. Let me know if anyone wants to use it.

can you recommend a client?
wailord284

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

can you recommend a client?

I've been using Hexchat. Seems fine
n00bminer

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:32:37 PM

uBm.

Op yourself, register the channel with chanserv, and op me.  My bnc stays active, so you will not lose the channel.
Flapmin (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:17:36 PM

sigh so ive been chasing a ghost error ... qt should compile identical wallets
win/linux but indeed some commands work in one and n0t the other
back on track i do think it may be a day till i get someone to compile a wallet
im going to get the source right to the p2p guys first think between the two pools
should have no issues sorting the chain i am however going to need
to block all old vrs because of the tx fee change . normally just doing a checkpoint
no one would need to worry about it but since were changing math in the source its best to
get everone on the same version 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: