Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:28:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69479 times)
Jason.W

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:10:23 PM

I feel scammed by Speed.
I sent him 300$ to aid the search for developers, and he hasn't done anything at all.

At least it wasn't thousands of moneros in the search of the center of the galaxy Cheesy

C0A2A1C4
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:20:36 AM

I feel scammed by Speed.
I sent him 300$ to aid the search for developers, and he hasn't done anything at all.

I really hope not, I didn't get the impression Speed was a scammer so maybe he's had an accident or is sick and that's why he has disappeared, but not good that you lost 300 for a donation, sorry man, hopefully he surfaces again and refunds your money.

Looks like Syksy is our best chance for CK revival now so there's still hope, Syksy is a good man!!
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:01:16 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 06:59:44 PM by Syksy

I feel scammed by Speed.

I really hope not, I didn't get the impression Speed was a scammer so maybe he's had an accident or is sick and that's why he has disappeared, but not good that you lost 300 for a donation, sorry man, hopefully he surfaces again and refunds your money.

Looks like Syksy is our best chance for CK revival now so there's still hope, Syksy is a good man!!

Hmm, I definitely cannot be a one-man show  Undecided developing any kind of MMO is one of the most if not the most ambitious game development venues to pursue, with a notorious fame for being the classic "trying to bite more than one can chew"... My opinion is that as a group effort it can be done, especially if/when focusing it on a specialized aspect such as in-depth economics (and omit fancy graphics / hack'n'slash / whatever). Still, it's a great challenge.

I've been committing to https://github.com/Syksy/cipher as an open-source game engine prototype project. It's far from even "pre-alpha" type of stage, but I have a basic structure of the map complete and rendering of an isometric view to the world, albeit highly simplistic in terms of what is being represented. There are others working on more front-end orientated stuff, while I've been putting most of my thoughts into back-end stuff (such as this engine in Java that I've so far dubbed Cipher). Hopefully we can effectively merge these efforts in near future. I'll try come up with a proper showcase for the engine - I know I already promised this couple weeks ago, but there's only so little time and so much to do...

I think one of the main lessons of CK could be, that in general paying in advance is a very risky practice in software development. Some other reward system (e.g. milestone related game-bound monetary unit) that gives a more dynamic, over-time incentive, would be in my opinion a much more natural motivator for anybody to drive onward in a long-term project such as this. I'm not saying Speed ran off with 300$ (this hardly sounds like a sum worth scamming anybody over, and it could've legitly been lost in exploring options or practical arrangements), but giving anybody crypto or fiat for anything in advance especially in this context (unless you really know them) sounds like a very risky practice. That's also why I'm very hesitant to be on the receiving end in agreeing to any advance payments, wages, promised commitment or whatever, for developing any particular flavor of CK or a more generalized engine. This is mostly because I'm not entirely convinced whether I'd have the capability in terms of full-stack development skill or the required time, mental stamina and focus to drive forth a project as ambitious as this. I'm an inherent pessimist though, so don't let me put anybody down Smiley
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:04:55 AM

I feel scammed by Speed.

Maybe he is still working on it?
Maybe we should rename him Slow?

Have you asked him?
Do you have his contact details?

riswan100

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:12:14 PM

The main thing is that the amount of M both in-game and elsewhere would be a set amount, and there would be no creation or destruction of tokens via the blockchain. That needs to be avoided.

I would also say if we can set a different amount of M outstanding before we change the name over, now is the time to do it. 4 trillion is a weird number, especially if we can use the decimal places on the ERC23 token as individual M units. I am not sure if ERC23 follows satoshis with 8 decimal places, but only 40k coins would be enough in that case (40000.00000000, or 4,000,0.00,000,000 with decimals). I would honestly consider going up to 100 trillion or even 1 quadrillion M. Maybe more, who knows. One thing we do want is that even the fractional amounts of each blockchain M are still understandable in-game (in other words, 1 satoshi equivalent in ERC23 should equal 1 M in-game).
Temlopie

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

You know it's a piece of the development cycle for business. In the event that a discussion didn't mishandled its clients, at that point those clients wouldn't have any motivation to go off at begin their own gatherings. This is been genuine business since the very beginning. The dominant part of new organizations are begun on the grounds that a client or customer was despondent with the administration level or some part of a business and chose to attempt it all alone.
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 07:02:56 AM by Syksy

Alrighty, so I promised a bit of a demo on what I've been working on.

So it's abstraction of a rectangle grid-driven world, basically a game engine, called Cipher. It is publicly available for any and all in Github, and I'd naturally love it if anybody would like to pitch in - though I suspect it'll be a solo project for the time being. It is a back-end, although I did for example implement a simple graphics render engine so I could showcase what's happening under the hood. The engine is built in Java, and I was planning to work on a front-end, but it's been on hold for the time being while the engine itself is tested on command line.

Below is an example run of creating a simple "world" with one building and a sort of a fence around it. The cubes (="tiles") or the walls (="edges") do not yet have characteristics per se, although their respective characteristics tables already exist in the database. I'm hoping to maintain a level of abstraction, so that the engine itself could be extended to suit many varying types of needs; let's say anything from a Crypto Kingdom like macro economy city sim to a 4X space game where e.g. solar systes are tiles or something.

Here's a run on the console as well as PNG output of what the example world looked like:

Code:
run:
Successfully connected to the dummy Cipher PostgreSQL database
Starting Cipher command line...
Enter commands following by a line change with a spacebar as the delimiter for parameters.
Type 'help' for a list of commands or 'q'/quit'/'e'/exit' for stopping this process.

> # Hey there! This is a comment. I'm now about to demo a bit of the tiles and edges that create the world for the Cipher engine.
> % This is also a comment. Anyway, here are some actions that are currently implemented to interact with the underlying PostgreSQL db:
> help

== Cipher command line help ==
 {opt1/opt2} indicates options opt1 and opt2 as feasible choices.
 List of parameter types are shown in square brackets following the parameter list itself.
 If you want to comment, start the line with character '#' or '%'
 {help/h/commands}: this help file
 create {tile/edge}: Create a tile or an edge depending on the first parameter (further parameters required as indicated below)
 create tile x y z symbol [INT INT INT CHAR(1)]
 create edge x y z face symbol [INT INT INT INT CHAR(1)]
 delete {tile/edge}: Delete a tile or an edge depending on the first parameter (further parameters required as indicated below)
 delete tile x y z [INT INT INT]
 delete edge x y z face [INT INT INT INT]
 render {tile/edge/map}: Create a PNG representation of the object
 render tile x y z [INT INT INT]: - -
 render edge x y z face [INT INT INT INT]: - -
 render map: - -
 print {map/tiles/edges}
 verbosity {0/1/2/...} [INT]: Set level of verbosity (0 = silent, 1 = standard, 2 = debug)

> # Not entirely up to date, but gives the rough idea :/ so, I emptied the database for illustrative purposes; let's check!
> print map
Construcing a tile/edge map...

Fetching tiles...

Fetching edges...
Map x width 0, y depth 0, z height 0
Tiles in map:

Edges in map:

> # Uh oh. No tiles or edges. Tiles are the "cubes" or voxels that are essential building blocks of for the world.
> # Edges are the sides (2-dimensional surfaces really) that lie between all potential tiles. They can be interpreted to represent such objects as doors, fences, walls, etc.
> # For the time being only placeholder tiles and edges exist that do not inherently represent any characteristics yet (r13 atm)
> # So let's create a 2x2x1 "house" placeholder!
> create tile 0 0 0 #
Creating tile...

Create tile call returned with: true
> # A bit too verbose, let's reduce it a bit.
> v 0
> create tile 0 1 0 #
> create tile 1 0 0 #
> create tile 1 1 0 #
> print map

Fetching tiles...

Fetching edges...
Map x width 0, y depth 0, z height 0
Tiles in map:
Tile {1,1,0}
Tile {1,0,0}
Tile {0,1,0}
Tile {0,0,0}

Edges in map:

> # The world now has cubes at {x,y,z} positions indicated above, a placeholder for a future 2x2 house with a single unit height.
> # So, while tiles contain the cube, edges could be used to e.g. create a fence around the house. Let's create a fence against any potential intruders!
> # The last input right now is a symbol for both creating edges and tiles, which is deprecated. This was useful for me when I was inspecting my creations in ASCII, but now I'm using naive 2d rendering.
> # Let us begin; let's create a wall that points to the NORTH (an enum represented by value 0)
> create edge 0 2 0 0 -
Create edge call returned with: true
> create edge -1 2 0 0 -
> create edge -2 2 0 0 -
> create edge 1 2 0 0 -
> create edge 2 2 0 0 -
> # Now we have secured our northern perimeter! Let's check what is inside the database...
> print map

Fetching tiles...

Fetching edges...
Map x width 5, y depth 3, z height 1
Tiles in map:
Tile {1,1,0}
Tile {1,0,0}
Tile {0,1,0}
Tile {0,0,0}

Edges in map:
Edge {2,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {1,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {0,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {-1,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {-2,2,0} with facing NORTH

> # Yup, it's there. Let us finish our fine little "castle" by covering it from each side. An enum class exists for the edge facings, with 0 = NORTH, 2 = EAST, 4 = SOUTH, 6 = WEST.
> create edge 2 2 0 2 -
> create edge 2 1 0 2 -
> create edge 2 0 0 2 -
> create edge 2 -1 0 2 -
> create edge 2 -2 0 2 -
> # East wall is ready. Let's make the SOUTH and WEST walls too.
> create edge 2 -2 0 4 -
> create edge 1 -2 0 4 -
> create edge 0 -2 0 4 -
> create edge -1 -2 0 4 -
> create edge -2 -2 0 4 -
> create edge -2 -2 0 6 -
> create edge -2 -1 0 6 -
> create edge -2 0 0 6 -
> create edge -2 1 0 6 -
> create edge -2 2 0 6 -
> # Cool! We should have a 2x2 house surrounded from each side. Not very comfy maybe:
> print map

Fetching tiles...

Fetching edges...
Map x width 5, y depth 5, z height 1
Tiles in map:
Tile {1,1,0}
Tile {1,0,0}
Tile {0,1,0}
Tile {0,0,0}

Edges in map:
Edge {2,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {2,2,0} with facing EAST
Edge {2,1,0} with facing EAST
Edge {2,0,0} with facing EAST
Edge {2,-1,0} with facing EAST
Edge {2,-2,0} with facing EAST
Edge {2,-2,0} with facing SOUTH
Edge {1,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {1,-2,0} with facing SOUTH
Edge {0,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {0,-2,0} with facing SOUTH
Edge {-1,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {-1,-2,0} with facing SOUTH
Edge {-2,2,0} with facing NORTH
Edge {-2,2,0} with facing WEST
Edge {-2,1,0} with facing WEST
Edge {-2,0,0} with facing WEST
Edge {-2,-1,0} with facing WEST
Edge {-2,-2,0} with facing SOUTH
Edge {-2,-2,0} with facing WEST

> # Well, let us then delete a way out - maybe by removing the middle SOUTH edge
> delete edge 0 -2 0 4
Delete edge call returned with: true
> # Alrighty! Now we should have a house, a fence, and a way out. Basic database interaction, but these are just placeholders for future buildings and whatever these surfaces represent.
> # But this is all mumbo jumbo if it's just in console, right? Well, there's a render engine that creates views to the world. It'll export our little world as a PNG so we can inspect it
> render map

Fetching tiles...

Fetching edges...
> # Okie dokie! That'll do for now - onward to new exciting things :) Demoed with r13 now.
> # Ciao!
> exit

End of main, disconnecting...

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 15 minutes 13 seconds)

And the output of the command 'render map' is our tiny little "building" surrounded by a "fence", where I deleted an entry point:

Needless to say there's a ton of work to be done. I wanted to do things from scratch, so perhaps you will see more fancy stuff coming from the people who've been front-end orientated while I meddle with this little thing and adventure in the back-end side Smiley
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:08:40 AM

Awesome, you give us remaining Ck'ers some hope Syksy, thanks man Smiley
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:11:27 PM

Awesome, you give us remaining Ck'ers some hope Syksy, thanks man Smiley

Thanks for the cheer-up, I was already getting the feeling of a bit apathy since nobody responded anything here or in Slack Smiley cheers.
Committed today some new stuff, but it's baby steps. I'll report when there's something truly interesting in comparison to the previous showcase(s).
JohnnyUranus

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:48:41 PM

Malla burned down  Shocked  Cry

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:05:54 PM

Looking for a signature campaign.
Jason.W

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Merited by iluvbitcoins (1)

Let me guess there were a bunch of private keys on paper in there too?

C0A2A1C4
HelloGarChi

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:57:55 PM

The KISS technique is manual payouts on pull back (which occur after the player needing to pull back executes a CONSUME or GIVE; I'd recommend GIVE to the store as this stays away from the need to ever make new M tokens). That can be made more secure with multisig (at least two individuals need to support blockchain installments).
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:46:36 PM

That is pretty surreal :/

It was quite widely covered in Finnish news; naturally, caught quite a lot of attention among people within these circles as expected.
At least the news said they suspect that the fire started from electricity equipment owned by some renovation team at site.
Of course nobody knows for sure yet - I don't think anybody's ruled out any more sinister alternatives either.
JohnnyUranus

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:04:58 PM

Holy Smoke!
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:33:51 PM

It was quite widely covered in Finnish news; naturally, caught quite a lot of attention among people within these circles as expected.
At least the news said they suspect that the fire started from electricity equipment owned by some renovation team at site.
Of course nobody knows for sure yet - I don't think anybody's ruled out any more sinister alternatives either.

Wow, just discovered what happened to risto's castle, is this karma?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
MilanaPay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:37:15 PM

Wow, just discovered what happened to risto's castle, is this karma?

Wow story, they seriously think that this was due to electricity. Now they will blame people because they did it, but in fact, it can be burned.

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:39:55 AM

Any news from @loaf on dev work?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:16:04 PM

Unfortunately no news from the Slack at least that I'd be aware of, there was a preliminary test version though.
My GitHub project is up and openly avaible though only slowly progressing, so I'll holler out if/when something notable happens on my end.
JohnnyUranus

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:22:21 PM

Unfortunately no news from the Slack at least that I'd be aware of.....

what a damn shame!
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: