Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:27:56 AM

Not really an opportunity loss in my opinion if you already have a profit. You can sell your bitcoin and buy again in its deep dump, if you are in an exchange you can set always your BUY Order. When it is filled, then its another opportunity. Smiley
Correct that not all the time when selling is happen is opportunity loss because if you are invest in short term if you see good profit already you would sell it and when the dump happen you should buy bitcoin again and wait for the pump again. I think opportunity loss will happen if some investor do the panic selling.
Agree also with you mate, sometimes i do selling my bitcoin because i see the opportunity to earn bitcoin then i keep my money in bitcoin because i am waiting for the huge dump to happen then buy bitcoin again. I think most of the late investors are doing like this too.

Indeed, the price of bitcoin is very unpredictable. Those recent fluctuations only shows how bitcoin's price can be so volatile and that there will never be considered as the right time to sell bitcoin. There is a chance that after selling your bitcoin, the price will rise which will make you think that maybe if you only hold it longer, you would have earned a higher profit. That is how it goes.

Selling bitcoin and then buying it back surely is another way to gain profit. But sometimes a big dump might happen and it will be much better if you would buy bitcoin at that time. But then again, the time for the big dump is unknown.
If you are experience trader you will not sell your coins with just some small or deep dump because no matter what happen expect that it will climb again and make more pump so in my opinion just hold your bitcoin and sell it with a specific amount when you need it to avoid regrets.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

I don't think so because predictions are just guesses you are not sure that price will definitely increase and don't think about opportunity loss because bitcoin fluctuates every second so just make a mind that you sell at that price no matter what is the price after selling.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:57:30 PM

Well I think it depends on the percentage of your bitcoin.
If you sell 100% of it, it's really a big lost but if it's just 25% of your bitcoin its not really a lost.
You know, everything is always an opportunity to us but sometimes we just don't see its coming
or if its in just around the corner we don't grab it.
Maybe what the OP is trying to ask is if selling your holding will make you loss your opportunity, of course it will loss the opportunity to see the value to grow more but the journey will not end there because if you loss the opportunity you can always get it back.

Buy now or later when the price will start to dump again, I think it's always a the good timing in buying.
In my opinion selling bitcoin is not an opportunity loss but the real loss is when you stop struggling for earning more bitcoin. For me it is more important to earn bitcoin rather than storing it for the reason that at some time it will very expensive in the future.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:24:44 PM

If you sell 100% of it, it's really a big lost but if it's just 25% of your bitcoin its not really a lost.
You know, everything is always an opportunity to us but sometimes we just don't see its coming
Maybe what the OP is trying to ask is if selling your holding will make you loss your opportunity, of course it will loss the opportunity to see the value to grow more but the journey will not end there because if you loss the opportunity you can always get it back.

Buy now or later when the price will start to dump again, I think it's always a the good timing in buying.
In my opinion selling bitcoin is not an opportunity loss but the real loss is when you stop struggling for earning more bitcoin. For me it is more important to earn bitcoin rather than storing it for the reason that at some time it will very expensive in the future.

Agreed and same with me. I often have to sell my BTC when I get paid for my goods/services provided. Sometimes I am paid by comparing to fiat and if I need money I have to immediately withdraw them, to avoid loss.

Store what you need or can, selling, buying is a part other value fluctuations.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:14:34 PM

Yes I agree with you there. You can sell bitcoin when it's high and buy bitcoin when it's low with the objective being acquiring more bitcoin. I personally do that with altcoins to ultimately increase the amount of bitcoin I posses.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:56:21 PM

Op started this topic last may 2017 and for sure if they sell their bitcoin their lose the opportunity to earn big .Because if you see the bitcoin price on that month the price is lower than $2000 and for sure those people buy and hold their bitcoin on that month  and sell today they can earn 25% profit. But I believe the price of bitcoin will increase more so buy more bitcoin before its too late halving is near hurry up.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:15:54 AM

Yes selling bitcoins inexchange of nothing or spending in not worthy things are opportunity loss,you may have more value if you didnt sell your bitcoins and just stock  it around,it is really good for long term

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:27:47 AM

Yes selling bitcoins inexchange of nothing or spending in not worthy things are opportunity loss,you may have more value if you didnt sell your bitcoins and just stock  it around,it is really good for long term

Selling bitcoins in exchange of nothing? Why you need to sell if you will get nothing? You are the one to choose if you want to lose profit, there's a lot of ways to earn in bitcoin but selling is one of them in profit taking. But it's better if you are a strong believer of bitcoin and you want to hold for a longer time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:44:25 AM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
The main flaw with this theory is that you are presuming the price will continue to rise. I just read an article about Bitcoin's price bubble and another one regarding the recent downward trend in Bitcoin price. My friend, regardless of how much optimism you hold, Bitcoin will not continue to rise at the rate it has over the past months. There are bound to be price corrections and falls. Thus, selling Bitcoin is not always an opportunity loss. It will vary according to when and during what circumstances that you sell.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:55:36 AM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Bitcoin holding is a very great deal but I think the selling of it will not be a opportunity loss if you need some of it because the bitcoin is always going up so selling a specific amount is not a big deal just don't go sell it all in because that will be the loss of your earning. Just remember the long term holding of bitcoin is the real deal all the time. 
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:26:09 AM

Selling bitcoin is not an opportunity lost because you can not assure that the value of bitcoin is always increasing and maybe it will fall. Specially if you are a trader you will always grab the opportunity to sell your bitcoin if the price is high enough then hold if it is still low. So selling your bitcoin is not an opportunity lost.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:29:17 AM

Selling bitcoin is not an opportunity lost because you can not assure that the value of bitcoin is always increasing and maybe it will fall. Specially if you are a trader you will always grab the opportunity to sell your bitcoin if the price is high enough then hold if it is still low. So selling your bitcoin is not an opportunity lost.

I agree with you, but we need to think for now, the currently BTC situation. There are rumours BTC price next week is unpredictable depending what will happen with Bitcoin development. Some people could fear it and sell their Bitcoins, but it doesn't mean they lost an opportunity, maybe they did it because they have found another opportunity, that at first impression, seemed more interesting for them, so they should go ahead.

But never forget about Bitcoin and always think twice before selling it...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Yanidas

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

The swarm is headed towards us.

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:11:14 AM

Never ever ever give up, and never ever ever sell your Bitcoins!
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:38:15 AM

Not all the time we will stick to that "never ever sell your bitcoins" because the time come that we are going to spend money and we should not be just forever holding bitcoin because it doesn't make sense because we have bitcoin to have money and grow it while we don't need money but if we are not selling any of our bitcoin even though we already made profits then it is a nonsense thing. We should sell our bitcoin to enjoy the profits that we have made in the investment that we have.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:53:34 AM

If someone never sells their bitcoins, how do you expect them to make profit? (assuming they bought bitcoins as an investment)
All you have to do is buy the coins and sell them at the right time.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:58:34 AM

If someone never sells their bitcoins, how do you expect them to make profit? (assuming they bought bitcoins as an investment)
All you have to do is buy the coins and sell them at the right time.
It was not maybe rightly written but I know the essence of the statement, never sell could mean that we should be controlling ourselves not to be tempted even if the price is already profitable for us because there is a big chance in the future to come that the value will increase more.
We do not want to miss that opportunity, so let's hold still, keep the patience and never sell with small profit.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 05:17:19 AM

The main flaw with this theory is that you are presuming the price will continue to rise. I just read an article about Bitcoin's price bubble and another one regarding the recent downward trend in Bitcoin price. My friend, regardless of how much optimism you hold, Bitcoin will not continue to rise at the rate it has over the past months. There are bound to be price corrections and falls. Thus, selling Bitcoin is not always an opportunity loss. It will vary according to when and during what circumstances that you sell

As the saying goes, there is one thing worse than false hope, and that is false hopelessness. Some people are overly pessimistic, some are overly optimistic, but the truth is that the market is unpredictable and irrational. As another wisdom claims (by John Keynes), markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. The lesson to take away is that you should regard with skepticism and doubting attitude anything you feel or think in respect to future prices and market sentiment

Even your own suspicions and doubts

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:57:17 AM

I wouldn't say if I were you that selling bitcoin is equal to opportunity loss because it is good for the market if one sells bitcoin every now and then, and not always holding because always holding bitcoin sometimes is against it, after all there won't be price movements and enough supply if all will just hold their bitcoin on their wallets. So it is never an opportunity loss when one sells bitcoin.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:39:52 AM

Agree with that, it's not right now to make a decision to selling it. Better wait until bitcoin prices looks start to rising again. It will be a bit lost profit if to selling it now, and the profit to earning more income will fail. Must be able to really predict the price well, so that the decision taken is very precise and satisfying.
Wandika

Activity: 508

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:26:06 AM

Agree with that, it's not right now to make a decision to selling it. Better wait until bitcoin prices looks start to rising again. It will be a bit lost profit if to selling it now, and the profit to earning more income will fail. Must be able to really predict the price well, so that the decision taken is very precise and satisfying.

Yeah. If you are currently trapped on bitcoin price now. It is better to just hold your coins or suffer big loss. It will really helps if you leave crypto for now so that you can't be tempted to sell your bitcoin and comeback again once the price are to green again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: