Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:53:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 07:31:12 PM

Not really kind of loss but if you really wanted to sell your bitcoin on the high price why not people might need money thats why they selling their coins doesn't mean you already sell your coin to already lose your oppurtunity no thats not about selling or holding how if bitcoin price decrease while your holding coins? Much better to sell it and then but it when the price is low and starting to grow again always think for the best benefits that you can get on a thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:12:20 AM

Not really kind of loss but if you really wanted to sell your bitcoin on the high price why not people might need money thats why they selling their coins doesn't mean you already sell your coin to already lose your oppurtunity no thats not about selling or holding how if bitcoin price decrease while your holding coins? Much better to sell it and then but it when the price is low and starting to grow again always think for the best benefits that you can get on a thing.

Selling now, might not be a good decision due to the value of alts and for what may happen in August 1. Though it you really need the money badly then it will be fine, i plan on buying before August 1 since possibilities that value will arise after that split.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:57:39 AM

Selling now, might not be a good decision due to the value of alts and for what may happen in August 1. Though it you really need the money badly then it will be fine, i plan on buying before August 1 since possibilities that value will arise after that split.

Agreed. The best option is to secure your coins to a wallet that you can control of the private keys. Then buy more prior to Aug 1 and stash it to you wallet. I'm gonna buy more and will try to accumulate as I think that the price will rise after the Aug 1. Although I believed that the price will gradually rise and I don't expect the price to dramatically peak early post Aug 1. So now I'm holding and not selling as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
albertvert

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:22:51 AM

Agreed. The best option is to secure your coins to a wallet that you can control of the private keys. Then buy more prior to Aug 1 and stash it to you wallet. I'm gonna buy more and will try to accumulate as I think that the price will rise after the Aug 1. Although I believed that the price will gradually rise and I don't expect the price to dramatically peak early post Aug 1. So now I'm holding and not selling as well.

Ya saving is the best option for future. Ya if you sold your bitcoin is like lost your opportunity. In future the price of bitcoin will increase more than 2750$ .Only thing need passion. If you keep bitcoin for longer period means ,it give huge profit. If you sell it earlier means ,it like lost your opportunity.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:35:15 AM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?

I think the "serious probability of an opportunity loss by selling bitcoin" you are talking is about, if you sell your bitcoin today because the price is low is wating the opportunity to become rich. WHy ? because bitcoin price increases by that time the person who buy your bitcoin will be the one to get the big amount because they have bitcoin.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:43:08 AM

Selling bitcoin now is selling at lose compare to what the price will be in future! The coins is still at the infancy stage and no matter what happens in years to come bitcoin will be above $10,000. Many people are sell out of panic but professional traders don't do such trade. The amateurs are spamming they had earning money by buy bitcoin at a particular time and when price decreases from their purchasing position out of panic sell the coins at lose. Many of them buy bitcoin at $2,500 and sell it at loses of $2,000 or below. You will only lose bitcoin if you sell.
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:14:29 PM

I regret for selling 3.5 btc late last year at a price of about $ 1050, when it was a lot of issues that say bitcoin prices will drop but it turns out stable prices even rise at the beginning of the year. My advice, do not sell bitcoin now.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Yes,if you are selling bitcoins,then you are losing a good opportunity to earn huge profits.Like this,many people lost their opportunity by just selling their bitcoins for just $1850 last month due to the fear of hard fork.So,better hold your bitcoins in a long term basis for huge returns.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 06:31:56 PM

I think Bitcoin rebound after Aug. 1 is not too hard to predict. Selling Bitcoin before is completely false and leads to losses. On the forum, there were many posts on whether or not to sell. You must have sold it, and now you will regret it when someone else owns your Bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:36:57 PM

I regret for selling 3.5 btc late last year at a price of about $ 1050, when it was a lot of issues that say bitcoin prices will drop but it turns out stable prices even rise at the beginning of the year. My advice, do not sell bitcoin now.

The only reason why I will agree that its a regret, is if you had bought earlier at an higher price or else you had made a profit but wanting a super profit most times we focus on the selling at the low price without considering the point of buying at lower price. I have made some sale at some point in which I had wished I waited till this moment but I did not regret because if put under the same condition as the time then, I would still do the same thing.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Hello this decision or the male out whos a require wold you still visit the firm?  Because as of right now they are looking for a dumb deal  with a wrong contract a wrong suite and theyll go away. And if we have more things to go wash they will not let go in fact they will be louder when they see these. Let us start again amd I am sorry for giving you a surprise.
Adam

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:50:56 PM

Now you can make a lot of money selling bitcoins, but buying them now is very expensive anyway, you can pay off even more.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:09:24 PM

Yeah! If anyone has sold their bitcoin before Aug 1st then then have lost a chance to " double" their money. So we just " HODL(Hold On for Dear Life)
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:48:47 AM

I think it depend upon the price if you buy it in a verry low amount and sell it in high amount .i think in this case we are not loosing. But if we hold it for a long time maybe it will be more profitable.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:58:31 AM

This is somehow true. Those who panic before august 1 and sold their bitcoin, have lost their opportunity to profit from their saving. Before that I also have lost that chance by selling half of my bitcoins. I regret it. But what can I do. But half of bitcoins left in my wallet have profit also. So still thankful.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:33:40 AM

Yes,if you are selling bitcoins,then you are losing a good opportunity to earn huge profits.Like this,many people lost their opportunity by just selling their bitcoins for just $1850 last month due to the fear of hard fork.So,better hold your bitcoins in a long term basis for huge returns.
It's true, it would be better if we can hold it so we can get bigger profits when prices start to soar. But sometimes people are panicking because of the many issues that discuss bitcoin prices going down and they decide to sell all the bitcoins.

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:07:46 AM

This is somehow true. Those who panic before august 1 and sold their bitcoin, have lost their opportunity to profit from their saving. Before that I also have lost that chance by selling half of my bitcoins. I regret it. But what can I do. But half of bitcoins left in my wallet have profit also. So still thankful.
That is the effect of having not enough patience and lack of knowledge with that segwit .For those who keep and believe is the winner and have a free coin which a equals to a free money from bcc. I will only say that in bitcoins no matter what just keep holding and you will be rewarded for it than to trigger yourself in that Dump scenes.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:15:56 AM

That is the effect of having not enough patience and lack of knowledge with that segwit .For those who keep and believe is the winner and have a free coin which a equals to a free money from bcc. I will only say that in bitcoins no matter what just keep holding and you will be rewarded for it than to trigger yourself in that Dump scenes.

Holding bitcoin is fun, I can attest. But if you hold too tightly, you may actually cost yourself a bit of opportunity.

Bitcoin will go up, generally. But sometimes its goes backward, for  apretty long time. If you remember the Great Slide after Gox folded, it went down, slowly, for an eternity. It didnt bounce right back either, it took a while to regain 1000, to where we are today. If you held during those times, you lost ALOT of opportunity. You could have purchased a real world asset with the money, achieved ROI for profit, and repurchased bitcoin, possibly cheaper than what you sold it for.

I say all that to say this; while bitcoin is a wonderful growth/safe haven asset, it is one of many. Look for profit from all spheres, not just crypto. You may miss an opportunity while sitting around 'hodling".  Wink
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:46:24 AM

if we buy bitcoin when the price is down like its happen a few days ago, then we can sell our bitcoin in any of price for now because today the price is increase than before and of course we can make profit. but for me, i think it will be good if we don't sell all of our bitcoin and we can save the other amount bitcoin in our wallet because in future, the price will increase more than now. but don't be too greedy and dreams to make big profit because sometime you can loss the profit that you can get.
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:45:15 AM

Well, I do not think that selling Bitcoin is a hundred percent opportunity loss. Why, in the first place, did that someone sold his/her Bitcoin? To gain the profit right? And by gaining the profit would mean that he/she is harvesting the fruits of the opportunity he/she grabbed certain time ago. So I believe that it is not an opportunity loss, but rather a point of touching the profit you earned.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: