Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?  (Read 13813 times)
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:46:07 PM

Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?

I agree with almost all the answers from the members who answered your question, ie can not. because there are still many other countries out there that do not even have an electrical connection, let alone an internet connection. so it will take a very long time for it to happen, but it is not impossible that bitcoin can replace conventional money.
Yes that day is no far when cash money is replaced by digital one and many of investors and rich people had started this thing they are changing their cash money into bitcoins so they can gain more profit as compare to the other people and this is really good approach and if this will happen economy will be more stable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:59:16 PM

Absolutely not..fiat can never be replaced. Cryptocurrencies are just alternatives to fiat. But let's just say it were possible, it would be very very very very very far from happening in the near future. BTC will remain as a crypto wherein investors or users are actually exchanging for fiat..

Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:08:09 PM

Yeah I would say so, cryptocurrency will eventually replace conventional money in some decade.
Note how I bold the word cryptocurrency since I'm sure that Bitcoin is going to be used as digital gold not as money.
I will predict that there will be a new currency will replace conventional money but not Bitcoin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:13:53 PM

can ,,, but not easy and need a very long process, and need agreement throughout the country, because the currency of a country is characteristic ,, and valuable value ,, maybe if the physical happenings of his money is replaced but the nominal remains the same ,,, I do not know ,, for me this is too difficult and beyond my imagination ...

cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

I think it will be difficult but certainly in the future this is possible because in the recent time there are many stores wanting to apply Bitcoin to payment methods for easier use in business, which This is attracting a lot of Bitcoin buyers and will certainly replace the conventional currency
Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 115

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

For what's it replaced? Conventional money is much needed. Proof that happened with China, they forbid cryptocurrency in circulation. Certainly means conventional money for them is better than bitcoin.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:19:38 PM

My answer is a big NO. No government will allow it...besides, Bitcoin is not money but only a digital asset that works as a currency.

virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:47:40 PM

For what's it replaced? Conventional money is much needed. Proof that happened with China, they forbid cryptocurrency in circulation. Certainly means conventional money for them is better than bitcoin.
This will happen in near future that bitcoin will replace conventional money and that will be time of bitcoin, this is only possible through the advertisement of bitcoin as more people attract toward it demand will increase and more people will use it to pay to travel to do everything in their routine, I am waiting for it and that time is near,
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:24:22 PM

This will happen in near future that bitcoin will replace conventional money and that will be time of bitcoin, this is only possible through the advertisement of bitcoin as more people attract toward it demand will increase and more people will use it to pay to travel to do everything in their routine, I am waiting for it and that time is near,
My answer is YES. In fact, it is just a matter of time and then all the governments will accept bitcoins as well as altcoins.  Many countries have already accepted bitcoins and majority of the banks are dealing in digital assets too. It is the future of money. Moreover, bitcoin is money because it is a medium of exchange but this has a great value, so people treat it like an asset more.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:35:50 PM

will never happen, I really doubt about ordinary people having money with no core and government won’t run if there’s no tax and what if power crisis happen?
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:45:02 PM

if that happens, who’s gonna manage the circulation of money?
if that happens where we can live and enjoy our life if the facilities and infrastructure is not built by the government? do everyone care to fill up the public facilities and infrastructures?
Bitcoin isn’t made to replace the conventional money that has been used since antiquity to future.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Xervo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:54:28 PM

Bitcoin in the near future will not be the only world currency and there are several major reasons for this. The main one is the skeptical government of some countries. Also part of the population, who is not interested in it - poor people, old people, people of the third world. Use Bitcoin - means an elementary possession of technology (computer, smartphone). Not everyone can and wants to piss on themselves. It should be a long enough time for bitcoin to become the only currency for the entire globe. And will this happen? One can only guess.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:05:39 PM

My answer is YES. In fact, it is just a matter of time and then all the governments will accept bitcoins as well as altcoins.  Many countries have already accepted bitcoins and majority of the banks are dealing in digital assets too. It is the future of money. Moreover, bitcoin is money because it is a medium of exchange but this has a great value, so people treat it like an asset more.
Conventional money is at its end it will be replaced by bitcoin in near future and this will happen because the people who use bitcoin are now recommending bitcoin to other and as whole world will start using it there will be no value of conventional money, and all this will happen in next 5 to 6 years and that time will be revolutionary.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:13:58 PM

I think that conventional money may be replace in the future by cryptocurrencies but not necessarily by Bitcoin. There are only 21 million bitcoins which may be not enough for a few big countries. Also, every country would have different vision of Bitcoin's development and there would be many hardforks. Goverments creating their own cryptocurrencies is the most probable thing to happen.
Gerharde

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:53:45 AM

As of this time bitcoin cant replace conventional money, since bitcoin is dependent on technology and technology is dependent on the continuous flow of electricity to have it working. Unlike conventional money which is also called physical cash you can use it even if the electric grid went down. So my final answer will be no it can't replace conventional money bit it can work side by side with conventional money.

Densite

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

I thik this will not happen. Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency will not replace traditional fiat currencies becouse Bitcoin has become inevitable factor in finances and definetely is a future, it could fight for more equality with fiat currencies but it will never replace it, simply doesn't have the potential and necessary qualities.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:10:46 AM

No, it's not because we all know that it is hard to have no cash on your hand because in every small transaction you need to buy you will need cash because not all store accept bitcoin and the people who don't know how to use it will hard for them especially for the oldest.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:30:06 AM

I don't have any idea whose replace the bitcoin in terms of faster transaction and higher values. Digital money is only digital money and conventional money is conventional money. We can't combine two things thats have different system. And we know that in the reality the bitcoin is unpopular to other people so how to become know to use the bitcoin
tj4dmx

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:51:37 AM

Both are in the own worlds.

Depending on what you want to purchase,The speed of transaction are difference,cash to cash is timeless/beyond instant while bitcoin to bitcoin transaction could come up with a hitch most times !!

Can you retrieve a stolen bitcoin And cant you retrieve a stolen fiat? 

Havent you ever heard "Lost but found Money"  And i am sure you are dying to also hear "Lost but found Bitcoin" !  Smile !!

Is a bitcoin transaction reversible and isnt a fiat currency transaction not reversible incase of error or the likes?
And in case of your death,is it possible or totally/hardly possible for your family to inherit your bitcoin ?

Enjoying best of both worlds as it is presently make life easy to a large extent. Do you agree with me?
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:59:34 AM

As long as the government protects conventional money, it will be difficult to replace fiat money, we all know that bitcoin difficulties to be used legally in the country is due to decentralization so it is feared to disrupt the price of goods or commodities.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: