Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?  (Read 13813 times)
wail3Bahwu

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:02:33 PM

Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?

it can replace our global paying but we will keep using cash and cards to buy/sell daily things.

it is hard to say will replace total conventional money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:11:31 PM

I guess not because there are 3rd world countries that need a conventional money. There are countries cant relate to this. Most people need cash because it is the means of buying things. For me cash money will stay and it cant be replaced. Although bitcoin is another way or another currency to use for buying and purchasing.  As i said before  bitcoin is like a credit card to use in purchasing online. In some countries they are not totally aware how to use interney so i guess bitcoin will not work to them.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:21:28 PM

Bitcoin has a huge chance to replace conventional money. I'm tired of using cash but I also don't like the idea of moving all my money to banks which can't guarantee me access to it whenever I want. More and more people are becoming aware of cryptocurrencies existence. It is a matter of time before we will use it for daily transactions.

scanpay

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Bitcoin can only become an additional digital currency instead of credit cards, but cash will remain for an alternative payment option.

ronremsey25

Activity: 161
Merit: 101

AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:31:00 PM

Maybe not, because not all people have cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.And Bitcoin hasn't legalize in other countries. Maybe in the future we can buy things using Bitcoin but the conventional money will still exist. Because there are things that Bitcoin cant do unlike conventional money. You cant access your Bitcoin offline and it will be troublesome to old people that cant relate to the new technologies.

spiritguardcharles

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:32:32 PM

As for now I don't gurantee the concept of bitcoin replacing conventional money.However,there's still a slightest possibility to replace money for transactions of goods and services since it's part of the development of our technology.In other words it's a part of change that will greatly benefit humanity.Maybe,the application of this system will take a long period of time but when the time comes in the near future the system of paper money will surely disappear.

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
jasonphilips

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:37:45 PM

yes there is a great possibility of it. As new cryptocurrencies are emerging, who knows which would be on top by end of 2018
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:38:31 PM

No! Even after 50 years from now, there will be the people who will be using the traditional money. It is possible that the money will transform into a new optimized format as compared to that of today but system generated currency like fiat currency won't disappear as far as there is a system that is working on it to improve it in every time frame.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:58:43 PM

I don't think bitcoin can ever replace conventional money in the sense that, bitcoin and the usual traditional money are two distinct curriencies, which has different concepts and mode of operations.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

first bitcoin is not a currency that is why it would be impossible for it to replace conventional money. Second, Bitcoin can be used as an asset to store value and hold for long term,  using bitcoin as a currency would be more difficult because of it's high transaction fee we cannot use it on our payment in a daily basis.

safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:21:03 PM

it is unlikely that real money is replaced with bitcoin, of course the government will not allow it to happen.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:25:24 PM

No,I don't think that Bictoin will be able to replace conventional money.The main reason for this is the government acceptance . Bitcoin is decentralized in nature due to which government is not able to control the transactions made through Bitcoin .So government will not allow any such currency over which they have no control to over power conventional money .It is easy for people to use conventional money for their basic needs because unlike Bitcoin it does not require any sort of  internet connection. Moreover conventional money is a traditional form of currency and it is difficult for Bitcoin to earn that amount of trust which people have on conventional money.So I don't think it is possible .
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:29:59 PM

For now Bitcoin can not replace conventional money at all, because currently the bitcoin price continues to fluctuate and each transaction is saddled with a sizeable amount. Maybe in the future the problem of transaction costs and bitcoin price fluctuations will be fixed, so it could be an option to replace conventional money position.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:36:24 PM

No bitcoin can not replace the usual money. At least in this form as it now exists. Bitcoin is difficult to obtain, it does not have a constant cost system and it is never finite. The currency currency certainly does not solve all the problems of humanity. But this is the first independent currency in the history of the existence of banknotes.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:37:53 PM

I believe that will never happen. Simply because conventional money is what we use on our daily lives. We can use it everyday without paying any transaction fees just like Bitcoin. When we use bitcoin as payment on anything we purchase in the mall or at the grocery store it has a high transaction fee so we have to pay more than the price value of what we buy. That's the reason why bitcoin is impossible to replace conventional money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:38:01 PM

For me there's only a possibility that bitcoin can replace conventional money because some of our country did not approve or legalized bitcoin. Some store are not accepting bitcoin for paying their things and some bank didn't accept bitcoin as a money but for me there's a possibility in the future that bitcoin can replace it because many people loves or likes bitcoin.
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:44:45 PM

Bitcoin Cryptocurrency and Blockchain will change the way of payments and storage of money and new economy for fiat money
goodvibes05

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:47:56 PM

I'm afraid that will happen. Maybe not in the near future. For me, on my own opinion bitcoin can be use as an asset and not a replacement for Fiat money. Besides bitcoin is not legal yet and still many people or community that has no access on the internet where bitcoin technology.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

Yes of course it will. If not Bitcoin then another crypto currency but one that bg is for sure, a digital currency will replace traditional money or do you expect to use paper forever? People are so silly. xP

I'm afraid that will happen. Maybe not in the near future. For me, on my own opinion bitcoin can be use as an asset and not a replacement for Fiat money. Besides bitcoin is not legal yet and still many people or community that has no access on the internet where bitcoin technology.

Bitcoin is legal what on Earth are you saying? A community without internet won't be able to do banking transactions either.....

lilinatation

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:51:44 PM

Bitcoin will never be used by governments. They will create their own crypto if they had to go in the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: