Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?  (Read 13813 times)
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:55:49 AM

I think it is impossible to replace with conventional money, even the government alone is not possible to allow it.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:58:29 AM

Already payment options such as PayPal, VISA/MASTER, and Skrill has replaced some of the functions of the fiat money. So it is not too far fetched to assume that Bitcoin will also replace a few of its functions in the near future.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:19:45 AM

I think it is impossible to replace with conventional money, even the government alone is not possible to allow it.
Indeed, bitcoin cannot replace conventional money. Government will not allow that happen because we all know that bitcoin is anonymous they don't know who run this and yet they cannot control it. I guess bitcoin could become another mode of payment in the near future.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:53:53 AM

Already payment options such as PayPal, VISA/MASTER, and Skrill has replaced some of the functions of the fiat money. So it is not too far fetched to assume that Bitcoin will also replace a few of its functions in the near future.
We are talking about bitcoin for being a replacement for the currencies and i think bitcoin is not suited for being a replacement of conventional money because if bitcoin is suited then even it is first launched, bitcoin is already accepted as a money but the reality is, government hate bitcoin for being decentralized and not controllable so they don't have a choice for accepting it.
Gluestack

Activity: 160

Tortle Ninja

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 11:22:03 AM

I dont think so, the real nature of bitcoin and all the crypto is still a mystery. It's not money, for sure, even if you can change it for money in just a few minutes it is no money at all
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:30:07 AM

Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?

I think it's not possible, even though technology evolves and people use more bitcoin, cash is still the only tool for making exchanges in everyday life. Bitcoin is dependent on the internet, and it needs a huge charge for every transaction, so people can not use bitcoin for everyday life, or in other words, it can not replace cash.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:14:48 PM

No, it won't and it never will. That would be a terrible idea unless CryptoCurrency does not rely solely on the Internet.
Some evil elites could hijack the Internet, all our money stuck unless we do their bidding.
FIAT MUST CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE UNTIL WE HAVE A VERY VERY RELIABLE AND SOLID ALTERNATIVE TO IT
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:17:08 PM

From my perspective, it's not possible. Conventional money already made a good platform where it's used randomly. Conventional money can be used anywhere but Bitcoin is dependent on internet. So Bitcoin can't be replaced of conventional money in a real sense.
Seville

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

BTC will never replace normal money but it can take a chunk out of FIAT and gold because its better than both
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:31:45 PM

I think bitcoin can replace conventional money  in the future, but paper money wiill not be stopped for spending, because it is very important to thise remote areas around the world that don't have internet network. That idea of replacing conventional money is very challenging to a lot of economist that migrates their financial analysis to a very fluctuating currency that needs to be closely monitored. Most importantly when bitcoin is to replace conventional money, the freedom of this currency should remain firm specially to those old btc pioneer users; who mainly helped promote bitcoin through social media and signature campaigns.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:53:47 PM

I think bitcoin can not replace conventional money. Because every country in the world has a different economy and money is different.When using bitcoin, we can only trades on the internet that can not be traded directly, that cause disadvantages for users.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 02:27:19 PM

I think bitcoin can not replace conventional money. Because every country in the world has a different economy and money is different.When using bitcoin, we can only trades on the internet that can not be traded directly, that cause disadvantages for users.

In many countries people dont even know about bitcoin. They are only depending on physical cash for daily needs and they dont trust some cyber-coin which does not even have any physical existence. They are least bothered about the price of bitcoin - even consider people teaching them about bitcoin as fraudsters and that they are ponzi operators. There needs to mass education of bitcoin in every country. Maybe then there is hopes of bitcoin replacing conventional currency.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:41:59 PM

Maybe it cannot replace our conventional money at the present..but who knows?We could not really tell,but one thing is for sure that bitcoin will surpass all of this comparison.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:47:31 PM

I am very sure bitcoin can replace conventional currency today. Now already seen some bitcoin advantages compared to other financial media. Maybe we just need to wait until the time can be controlled bitcoin. I predicted bitcoin would take about 5 years to expand its network in this world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 07:47:32 PM

And which functions did they replace?

The payment options you enumerated make payments more convenient and handy, but they didn't replace any of the money functions. When using these services you still using the same fiat. If they created their own money and then used it instead of fiat issued by governments, then your claim could potentially have some substance behind it, but not until then. They are certainly not about replacement, otherwise they would be quickly banned and disbanded for issuing money surrogates or substitutes

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:56:05 PM

I am very sure bitcoin can replace conventional currency today. Now already seen some bitcoin advantages compared to other financial media. Maybe we just need to wait until the time can be controlled bitcoin. I predicted bitcoin would take about 5 years to expand its network in this world.
i really doubt about how bitcoin could replace any fiat currency now or later , both should be there together rather than replace each other. it would just hurt the current world economics. also with the high price compared to any other currency ever exist it would make people scared. unless there's a guarantee from government.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 08:01:25 PM

i really doubt about how bitcoin could replace any fiat currency now or later , both should be there together rather than replace each other. it would just hurt the current world economics. also with the high price compared to any other currency ever exist it would make people scared. unless there's a guarantee from government.

I agree, bitcoin is best as alternative currency not as main or primary currency of a certain nation.  Aside from that I am sure no government will acknowledge bitcoin as their primary currency because they do not have control over it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:51:48 PM

the government of Japan allow to use bitcoin so if they find the benefit of it then they will announce to use only bitcoin for the state which can happen in other countries too. They will then love bitcoin and will allow their citizens to use bitcoin only and they will support this currency.
TechnoMusic

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:00:31 PM

Up-down up-down down-up down-up just like in sex looks like a really risky and deeply hard to control so it  is not good at all.Better we should use own value and that is it.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:03:54 PM

the government of Japan allow to use bitcoin so if they find the benefit of it then they will announce to use only bitcoin for the state which can happen in other countries too. They will then love bitcoin and will allow their citizens to use bitcoin only and they will support this currency.
Some business in Japan like to get in with the trends and they are trying to use Digital technology to pay for things online and offline. If people would want to purchase something without a wallet then they could just scan something in order to receive whatever it is that they want. Bitcoin will advance the progress of that technology.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: