Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?  (Read 13813 times)
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:40:28 AM

it could, someday. When the peoples cannot hold the paper money anymore.
when the peoples can't trust centralized systems in our world such as banks, bitcoin is the best option for us.
if that happened, i am sure bitcoin price won't be cheap anymore.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbamboo

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:01:57 PM

Bitcoin is suitable in the Cryptocurrency market, applied in the payment of services such as restaurants, hotels, online purchases ... Bitcoin can not replace cash, in transactions. Although many people nowadays use personal accounts to pay for their services, using cash is a difficult habit to replace. Cash is a historical trading method that will last very long in society.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:09:15 PM

Bitcoin is suitable in the Cryptocurrency market, applied in the payment of services such as restaurants, hotels, online purchases ... Bitcoin can not replace cash, in transactions. Although many people nowadays use personal accounts to pay for their services, using cash is a difficult habit to replace. Cash is a historical trading method that will last very long in society.
Bitcoin is a famous crypto now but that cannot replace the conventional money, looking at the percentage of users dependent on conventional money is huge and they are all convenient with the use of fiat currency so it will be very difficult to replace it.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
EzzNju

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:09:41 PM

Eventually bitcoin will replace conventional money,this will happen slowly bt some countries wil lead this repllacement,and once its successful in those countries like japan.The rest of the world will follow
infested

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?

At its current condition with slow speeds high costs and other problems i am 100% sure it wont. IF it improves with the lighting network it has a chance. Still i would bet other alts like ripple have a way higher chance of mass adoption.

In the end the most probable scenario is that we are going to have fiat along with cryptos working fine together.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:10:45 PM

A big no. Fiat money is still the most convinient way for transacting hand to hand. Bitcoin could only offer electronic transactions. Plus elderly citizens won't be able to cope up with advance technology because of low literacy which is needed for bitcoin.

Morkhart

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:36:26 PM

We all know that some of countries out there have a negative thinking about bitcoin, and with that negative thinking, it have a big impact on bitcoin replacing conventional money.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:52:02 PM

Trust in bitcoin is now based on trust in the cryptographic algorithms on which it is based, which is much better than trust in the bank.
Of course, you do not need to put on rose-colored glasses and think that bitkoyn will solve all the problems of mankind. Nevertheless, this is a very interesting thing, which brought a lot of new things to the digital world. In fact, this is the first independent currency for the last several thousand years.
Karakyli

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

In one form or another, he will replace. It is enough to look at the existing map of exchangers in order to understand how quickly this develops. But we must understand that the crypto-currencies in the form in which they are represented now is more analogous to gold than money. They are: labor-producing, they are finite.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:14:24 PM

bitcoin as of now won't be able to replace conventional money because not all people are engaged in cryptocurrencies and there are still places where internet is not that good like for examples are in the mountains and some people are not yet computer literate and don't have the gadgets to use like in poor countries..
oloveloveo

Activity: 158

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:17:40 PM

I think not because now in many bitcoin countries it is considered controversial

I think that it will be impossible to totally replace the flat currency with crypto currency.
As cryptocurrency. government cant collect tax from transaction made by the holders.
But i watched a video from NAS DAILY where theres a country which flat currency is almost useless and they're using digital currency in transactions.
I think that it will be totally impossible to implement to all country but theres a possibility that some will implement it.

Heres the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHEIIc6etA

load1ng

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:20:09 PM

I think for the near future could not be, because the Government will fully to protect conventional currency as this issue concerns the security of the state.
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:30:15 PM

I don't think so, because most people around the worl still using fiat currencies, and conventional money a lot more than using Bitcoin or crypto currencies.
Also the governments keep fighting BTC and crypto, and some even banned it in many countries.
It will take more time until BTC become so popular and used such conventional money.
Man91

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:33:35 PM

The first main advantage of Bitcoins is that they are free of them. This means that governments can not block bitcoins, thus block someone's wealth. Therefore, Bitcoins' users will have complete freedom to do whatever they want with their money, I believe and I hope that bitcoin can replace ordinary money!!!!!
just_strange32

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

When we use Bitcoin as a currency to pay, Bitcoin has many great features that financial technology must strive to achieve. Many hope Bitcoin can replace paper money, but in my opinion, it will be in the distant future because Bitcoin only works with Internet. At present, information technology in some places, some territories are not developed, also affected by war, strict rules ... And especially when the government does not manage Bitcoin,  The market Bitcoin  is constantly fluctuating, it can not replace the paper money completely.
cnaphade

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:50:03 PM

I doubt it. Governments are going to keep fighting it because cryptocurrency is going to be non-taxable. Also, flat money is the most convenient method of transaction. It's not hard to understand for the average person. Accessibility to technology is also a factor. People living in developing countries or from the lower class won't be able to be a part of this system.
cpkozak

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

Gold and bitcoin are valuable means of storage that have not been released by the central bank. Therefore, bitcoin and gold can not print massively as when felt unsafe evolving economy approves the order print more money. You can dig gold or bitcoin, but gold diggers use shovels, while mining bitcoin you must have a computer system strong enough or buy a bit of cash coins. so gold and bitcoin are similar.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:02:53 PM

Not totally, since bitcoin is very in demand and it is used in various online transaction and business, maybe someday will come it will be a part of the standard way of payments.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:06:30 PM

I think it can be part of the world cuttency but it cant replace totslly the conventional money. Although human are always want for something new, sometimes they csnt live what the things thst they usually use and usally do.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

I doubt it.
We have a whole economy built on the money we have currently.  We still use psychical money to this day, Maybe not much as earlier but it’s still accepted and commonly used. I do not think an economy can be build on top of Bitcoin, especially because it’s too unreliable; the value of it changes literally within a few hours. Besides it’s expensive money and there are not enough Bitcoins to feed the whole world with it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: