Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?  (Read 13813 times)
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:53:48 AM

It might be possible if other cryptos will work and became acceptable everywhere, but than it will be more regulated, and I think it will lose some of its futures.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:47:29 AM

Could Bitcoin ever replace conventional money?

It is not possible unless a government allow the bitcoin first to be use as a legal tender or approved by the central bank to be one of the main currency. Internet availability in the far flunged areas should be also address to make bitcoin accessible. You can not successfully implement a plan like replacing conventional money by bitcoin if the technological infrastructure in your area is poor. Modernization take time so it is not yet possible in the near future.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:49:27 AM

It cannot replace conventional money and I think that the reason is people would always be a stickler for the tradtitional things in life and having paper money provides comfort and solace that their money is with them and they can touch them. Putting a value on something that is intangible makes it harder for them and gives them an uncomfortable knowledge that they can’t control their money

Y U MAD AT ME
lunaalthea

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:42:27 AM

Only if it started to function as digital money or currency and not as a stock then I would say yes. The problem here is that the foundation of this crypto is not too stabilized and also, it is limited. And that will create even more problems. Second, government, banks and other corporations will deem to disagree and put an end to this thought. Capitalism at its finest.

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

Only if it started to function as digital money or currency and not as a stock then I would say yes. The problem here is that the foundation of this crypto is not too stabilized and also, it is limited. And that will create even more problems. Second, government, banks and other corporations will deem to disagree and put an end to this thought. Capitalism at its finest.

Well, i think it's hard to replace conventional money in whole world  because in the first place government has the authority to agree upon the economic stability of the country in which is suitable for every people including business sector and to the growth of financial capasity of the nation.
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:12:58 AM

I think there would be a small chance of that happening. Because we need tangible evidence for everything. It's also very inconvenient to pay upfront especially when you only need to pay in small amount, the commission can sometimes overwhelm the price of the goods being bought. It will be also not that comfortable if you need to always have a data connection just to pay something. There would be many disadvantages and advantages but i think it would be okay not to replace conventional money with bitcoin.

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

It is closely related to banks, governments and companies. For this reason, the obstacles in front of the crypt money are actually too much. It is easy to control currency, they can also be registered.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:07:24 PM

Conventional money will continue to dominate as long as there are nation states and governments which are powerful enough to enforce their laws. It says so because bitcoin is not what it is advertised to be. It is not cheaper to transmit. It is not easy to use.
Onyx0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:17:02 PM

I do not think so. It will lose control of the government
many of people are saying this because bitcoin is the digital currency and it is not attached with the government so this is main reason why bitcoin is not able to do this according to you but mate this is some other thing, if we look at the demand we will see bitcoin is high in demand and people are preferring to sue bitcoin instead of conventional money as it is more easy to use for shopping and to buy food or house so we can say it is going to happen in future.
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:19:27 PM

No, I don't think it can. given the facts that most governments are not in favor of legalizing Bitcoin in their countries, how can Bitcoin replace the conventional money. Also the maximum supply of Bitcoin is just 21 million, remember?
P3

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:05:57 AM

I don't figure bitcoin can supplant conventional cash as it is under the control of the administration of nation, perhaps there is a more noteworthy shot that customary cash would be supplanted by a computerized money which would be under the control of governments and national banks.
Naurah03

Activity: 108

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:30:06 AM

i think it can't, because some country right now still disagree (policy) with bitcoin (Cryptocurrency). I think the most likely is bitcoin can be second currency.
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:34:38 AM

It will take time but yes it can, as soon as its globally accepted, there will be no stopping bitcoin, its safer to transact with, something that conventional money isn't, faster and very reliable. its just about time. bitcoin will however not face the conventinal currency out completely but it will be the main medium of exchange.
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:40:45 AM

But it is difficult, we all know that bitcoin transactions depend heavily on the Internet, many big and big countries like Brazil, Indonesia, India which would be difficult to get 100% internet access, even the information in that country is not 100% affordable for electricity service.

Indonesia is not very trouble to access internet. Now in whole country there are many provider that build signal tower and it can make better signal to access internet.
However, internet is another problem because many country had improved their internet quality. The main problem for this is the slow transaction of bitcoin. It make not many people use bitcoin as payment processor.
eifer0910

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:48:07 AM

I dont think that will happen in the future coz I think btc not suitable to the requirement of being a conventional money of a certain country. Other government would not agree on it for sure.

jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:42:27 AM

Can not speak of other countries especially those that approve bitcoin to be legal but as for my own country it will not because the government never accept it as a legal currency.
kmrunner

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:39:49 AM

It is likely to happen especially if everyone else realizes the superiority of crypto, they would want to switch over and the value of the conventional money will fall down.
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:42:15 AM

I'd rather say no, bitcoin is only a digital currency. it is use online,
BrianBrianBrian

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

“Joy Token - Smarter Games for Smarter Players ”

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:14:05 AM

No I think It is not possible for the mean time!
Though we can't say for sure, it may actually be in the future.
When things are more stable and accepted.
Remember back then when markets use barter system then eventually coins where introduced, yet not accepted by many.
After a few decades we are all using coins.
History just repeats itself so it is possible Smiley

──『 JOY TOKEN 』──
Infrastructure Protocol for the Gaming Industry
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:30:29 AM

It won't for several reasons.
1. Bitcoin doesn't really work all that well. It certainly doesn't scale up. If the entire world, or even an entire small country, conducted all their daily transactions in Bitcoin, there wouldn't be enough room in the blocks to incorporate all those transactions. Bitcoin transactions take anywhere from ten minutes to over an hour to confirm, and that is way too long.
2. The current financial system stands a lot to lose by being replaced, and it won't just sit by and let itself be replaced. The smart financial institutions know they need to embrace cryptocurrency, which means that cryptocurrency will work alongside fiat money and current financial systems.
3. There are altcoins out there that work far better than Bitcoin and which can scale up. If any coin was going to replace fiat, it would be one or more of those altcoins. However, they won't replace fiat either, but will work alongside it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: