Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 04:52:46 PM

Cryptopia Listing DNotes 2.0 May 12th

I know many of you will be eager to get trading on Cryptopia and will want to get your DNotes out of the DNotesVault quickly. However, the same 24-48 hour withdrawal process will apply. If you would like to have immediate access to your DNotes, please withdraw them to your local wallet.

We appreciate your patience and support!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:52:06 PM

A Public Message to YoBit: You are Taking Advantage of Unsuspecting Users

YoBit, your decision to continue trading the now-defunct DNotes V1 is causing harm to your exchange users - some of whom may be unaware that DNotes recently upgraded to DNotes 2.0. You have failed to provide a single warning about the upgrade, and have made no effort to minimize user confusion. This does serious harm to the industry, its customers, and your exchange's brand.

It is unfair for you to continue to take advantage of those users by allowing them to purchase or trade coins on a blockchain that we no longer support. These customers have placed their trust in your company, and you are doing them a grave disservice by failing to delist the old version of DNotes.

We urge you to halt all trading of DNotes V1 immediately, and take action to delist the coin.

To YoBit exchange users looking to trade DNotes:

Please be advised that DNotes no longer provides support for DNotes V1, as that coin has been upgraded to DNotes 2.0. Newly purchased DNotes cannot be swapped for DNotes 2.0. While we will continue to bend over backwards to ensure that our supporters and all other legitimate DNotes holders can exchange their old DNotes for DNotes 2.0, there are technical limitations which prevent us from assisting those who purchase DNotes from YoBit.

We value our community and our industry, and do not want to see any of you taken advantage of in this manner. We urge each of you to do your due diligence before purchasing any digital currency.

Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:01:35 PM

A Public Message to YoBit: You are Taking Advantage of Unsuspecting Users

YoBit, your decision to continue trading the now-defunct DNotes V1 is causing harm to your exchange users - some of whom may be unaware that DNotes recently upgraded to DNotes 2.0. You have failed to provide a single warning about the upgrade, and have made no effort to minimize user confusion. This does serious harm to the industry, its customers, and your exchange's brand.

It is unfair for you to continue to take advantage of those users by allowing them to purchase or trade coins on a blockchain that we no longer support. These customers have placed their trust in your company, and you are doing them a grave disservice by failing to delist the old version of DNotes.

We urge you to halt all trading of DNotes V1 immediately, and take action to delist the coin.

To YoBit exchange users looking to trade DNotes:

Please be advised that DNotes no longer provides support for DNotes V1, as that coin has been upgraded to DNotes 2.0. Newly purchased DNotes cannot be swapped for DNotes 2.0. While we will continue to bend over backwards to ensure that our supporters and all other legitimate DNotes holders can exchange their old DNotes for DNotes 2.0, there are technical limitations which prevent us from assisting those who purchase DNotes from YoBit.

We value our community and our industry, and do not want to see any of you taken advantage of in this manner. We urge each of you to do your due diligence before purchasing any digital currency.

Nice post! I suggest also putting it on Twitter and Telegram. I did read about some bad user experience with YoBit and obviously they really cannot be trusted and are not professional in their business Undecided
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

Social Capital CEO Says Buffett and other Critics Are Wrong About Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/social-capital-ceo-says-buffett-and-other-critics-are-wrong-about-bitcoin/
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:11:54 PM

I asked this question a couple of months back and I wanted to share with you the answer that got me hooked on DNotes. They are professional and business oriented and will be leading the way in this industry real soon.

Enjoy!

If someone was to ask you what is the difference between you and Nano what would the answer be? Their slogan is:

Digital currency for the real world – the fast and free way to pay for everything in life.
Instant transactions Zero fees Infinitely scalable

I can see the obvious differences with the EDU, Vault, CRISP, etc. what I'm asking is deeper. You got Nano, Dash, Zcash, etc. all claiming to be internet money of the future.

What makes DNotes unique? and how does DNotes strive to gain the trust of the world when others are out there succeeding and thriving already?

These questions were brought to me at work by someone when I was talking about DNotes? My excitement with all that is coming up in the next couple of months was too much for him to bare. So he asked this question and said ask your people that.

He said what there needs to be is a crpytocurrency that will have a debit card available to the user that can be used anywhere and for anything, with the Crypto company that considers themselves money for the world to be able to instantly do the transaction and conversion to Fiat and deduct from your wallet or account so it can really be considered money for the world. He looked at DNotes website and said WOW a bank for cryptocurrency, at least that is what it looks like they are trying to do (saving, Investment, etc.). If DNotes doesn't get excepted around the world in the future then maybe he is on to something so the future on DNotes never dies it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.

I know you don't like to compare yourself with other coins, but it is unfortunately the situation we are all in. People want to know but are afraid to ask. Trying to find the right coin to invest in. Research in done but sometimes it's the words of the Dev and the founders that complete the deal. This guy has no coins at all but has a lot of questions like this. Very reluctant to invest. I have one coin, DNotes!!! So therefore I am reluctantly asking for him and will give him your answer. He is a good friend and I told him I would ask and am trying to help him with investing in his future. He looked up some coins and then hit me with this.  Thank you for assisting me with this. I think their might be a new customer soon after I provide your answer. Wink Thank you.

Hey Chezzz, thanks for the great question!

To me, there are several key differences, mostly relating to project mission scope, business model, and business approach -- all factors that influence the success probability of bringing digital money into an everyday reality.

I'll use the three coins that you provided as examples:

Nano is a cryptocurrency that differentiates itself by claiming "infinite scalability" (by removing the blocksize, and organising the chain into a lattice structure). It's an interesting project (not dissimilar to IOTA), but it does not solve any computer science problem at this time. The Nano whitepaper acknowledges that the network could be hammered with spam transactions, and forced into centralization. Just like IOTA, Nano offers fast and free transactions, in exchange for risking security and decentralization (at least in the short-term). Nano is standalone software, and has no growth model based on reinvested profits.

Dash is also aiming to be a digital cash of the future, and it differentiates itself with a bunch of interesting features: (relatively) anonymous sending, instant sending (with fewer confirmations on the network), mobile wallet features, community voting for new upgrades, and even a few merchants etc. Some of these features will be implemented by DNotes. Dash is supported by a foundation that is funded by payments from the network itself (10% taxes on the network block reward), and the foundation distributes these funds to freelancers (and others) to assist with development. You can research yourself about the drama surrounding Dash's beginnings, and make a decision for yourself whether you would purchase a used car from them, regardless of how well their coin is doing now. This issue led to PIVX being created -- a clone of Dash, but without the 'contentious' beginnings.

Zcash is a third example of a digital cash, and they differentiate themselves by researching and implementing a privacy feature on their coin that is a dramatic improvement on that of Dash, and a huge contribution to the engineering / scientific community. Zcash is supported by a foundation, but 10% of the coins that are produced are to be taxed and given to their investors that funded the research on ZK-Snarks (privacy tech), carried out by Zcash. Essentially, users trade and build value into Zcash (which is also a private company that released a cryptocurrency), and the founders take 10% of all coins produced in the first 4 years. This has led other spinoff projects to copy Zcash's code, but release without the 10% founder reward.

All of the above coins want to be the cryptocurrency of the future, and all three of them are thriving in price much more than DNotes is right now -- they're also further along their 'core currency development' than we are. That said, they have a very different outlook than DNotes does in terms of how to actually achieve mass adoption. Because despite whatever the price of what each of those currencies may be, none of them are any further along in preparing for mainstream adoption than DNotes is.

DNotes is a digital cash that is supported by a wider integrated business ecosystem that helps to drive DNotes' value through shared equity between it and the currency, and usefulness where each business property in the ecosystem works in some way to integrate with the real world of commerce to gain mainstream adoption. These business properties may be news websites, secure online storage facilities, business books, business consulting services, crowdfunding, blockchain application that run on the DNotes blockchain, exchanges, fiat gateways, merchant banks, debit cards, insurance companies, internet companies, mobile products -- whatever makes sense for DNotes to integrate into its system to make work seamlessly with DNotes. DNotes is not JUST a digital currency, but a blockchain solution platform, and wide array of business entities that support the currency. The success of the ecosystem around DNotes, helps to build DNotes further by reinvesting profits earned through business activities.

This is all carried out with a particular business philosophy that ensures the maximum chance of success of reaching our goal of mass acceptance. To do the right things, the right way, at the right time -- because if anybody else had followed exactly this thus far, you'd already be able to easily use cryptocurrency at your nearest coffee shop; to build our ecosystem block-by-block in a structured manner (because there is no rush when being the best is what will ultimately make you the winner, and there is only so far you can go until you must deal with factors outside of your control); and to operate with trust and integrity -- which is truly unique in our industry. We do not pump and dump, we do not overpromise, nor make false claims. We make claims once our projects are "near completion", or "when we have it" -- which can be contrasted with just about any modern projects or ICO that you see where a ridiculous number of claims are posted all over the website regarding what differentiates the projects, but in reality all they are, are 'claims' that haven't even entered development stage, and won't be ready for 1-3 years. This is true of most major currencies. The true test is what is 'available' for use right at this minute, and not the claims posted all over their website. Hype is a major thing in the cryptocurrency industry. For example, there is a coin in the top 10 that is worth billions, which DNotes is building all the same stuff (and more), and will likely release most of it sooner, but alas, this is cryptocurrency - ICO hype can drive a lot of attention, but trading values are set by speculators, and are currently not at all indicative of thriving success at becoming a mainstream currency (otherwise that coin with no working product couldn't be worth billions).

Excellent, Tim. Very well said.
greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:09:52 PM

I still have my coins at Cryptopia.
I don't see any deadline for withdrawing there.
Should I keep the coins there until next round of swap?
Btw, I filled the google form for post 4/16 swap.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:16:52 PM

Hi greenhope, May 11th will be Cryptopias final day of the delisting for DNotes V1. If you filled out the form, you likely just received an email from our team in regards to getting a deposit address for the next swap.

If you didn't receive it or need any help, please email swap@dnotescoin.com.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:16:58 PM

Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins? (after April 16th)

A: Please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/MlbfqvAQilLglnHZ2

We will be performing post April 16th swap investigations beginning May 16th. Please do not send your DNotes anywhere after April 16th unless it is your own desktop wallet.

Please note DNotes v1.x mined or purchased after April 16, 2018 will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software (email us at contact@dnotescoin.com), and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is relisting DNotes 2.0 on May 12, 2018.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Windows / Mac / Linux Mint / Ubuntu Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com. If you need something else, please let us know.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

Staking

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I get the most out of my staking efforts?

A: There is no trick to staking efficiently. The factors involved are your coin weight versus the network coin weight and coin weight is the number of coins currently staking. The age does not matter, nor does how you divide or move your coins around.

Q: How much can I earn staking?

A: That depends on how many coins you are staking and how many coins are being staked on the network. The blockchain distributes Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02 every block, or every 60 seconds. You may calculate how often you are chosen to receive the block reward by dividing your network weight verse your weight. If network weight is 100, and your weight is 5, then you would be chosen for block reward 5 blocks out of every 100.

CRISP

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Reminder: Cryptopia DNotes Users - May 11th DNotes will be delisted completely.

Please be sure to withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia by May 11th, which is the final day for the DNotes delisting.

If you are still participating in the coin swap, you will need to fill out the coin swap form:
https://goo.gl/forms/MlbfqvAQilLglnHZ2
Note: There will be a rigorous verification process starting May 16th for the coin swap. We are bending over backwards to ensure our supporters and stake holders will be able to swap their coins, however we also have a duty to everyone to ensure we are not swapping DNotes for newly mined or purchased DNotes.

I will reach out to everyone participating in the coin swap today and tomorrow to get you a DNotes address if you still need one.

Thank you for patience!

I know many of you will be eager to get trading on Cryptopia and will want to get your DNotes out of the DNotesVault quickly. However, the same 24-48 hour withdrawal process will apply. If you would like to have immediate access to your DNotes, please withdraw them to your local wallet.

greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:20:09 AM

Hi greenhope, May 11th will be Cryptopias final day of the delisting for DNotes V1. If you filled out the form, you likely just received an email from our team in regards to getting a deposit address for the next swap.

If you didn't receive it or need any help, please email swap@dnotescoin.com.

Yes I've received a letter about getting deposit address few hours ago.
I just replied.
Thanks for your help. Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

I asked this question a couple of months back and I wanted to share with you the answer that got me hooked on DNotes. They are professional and business oriented and will be leading the way in this industry real soon.

Enjoy!

If someone was to ask you what is the difference between you and Nano what would the answer be? Their slogan is:

Digital currency for the real world – the fast and free way to pay for everything in life.
Instant transactions Zero fees Infinitely scalable

I can see the obvious differences with the EDU, Vault, CRISP, etc. what I'm asking is deeper. You got Nano, Dash, Zcash, etc. all claiming to be internet money of the future.

What makes DNotes unique? and how does DNotes strive to gain the trust of the world when others are out there succeeding and thriving already?

These questions were brought to me at work by someone when I was talking about DNotes? My excitement with all that is coming up in the next couple of months was too much for him to bare. So he asked this question and said ask your people that.

He said what there needs to be is a crpytocurrency that will have a debit card available to the user that can be used anywhere and for anything, with the Crypto company that considers themselves money for the world to be able to instantly do the transaction and conversion to Fiat and deduct from your wallet or account so it can really be considered money for the world. He looked at DNotes website and said WOW a bank for cryptocurrency, at least that is what it looks like they are trying to do (saving, Investment, etc.). If DNotes doesn't get excepted around the world in the future then maybe he is on to something so the future on DNotes never dies it adapts to what the world will let it do within the regulations and the capabilities of modern technology.

I know you don't like to compare yourself with other coins, but it is unfortunately the situation we are all in. People want to know but are afraid to ask. Trying to find the right coin to invest in. Research in done but sometimes it's the words of the Dev and the founders that complete the deal. This guy has no coins at all but has a lot of questions like this. Very reluctant to invest. I have one coin, DNotes!!! So therefore I am reluctantly asking for him and will give him your answer. He is a good friend and I told him I would ask and am trying to help him with investing in his future. He looked up some coins and then hit me with this.  Thank you for assisting me with this. I think their might be a new customer soon after I provide your answer. Wink Thank you.

Hey Chezzz, thanks for the great question!

To me, there are several key differences, mostly relating to project mission scope, business model, and business approach -- all factors that influence the success probability of bringing digital money into an everyday reality.

I'll use the three coins that you provided as examples:

Nano is a cryptocurrency that differentiates itself by claiming "infinite scalability" (by removing the blocksize, and organising the chain into a lattice structure). It's an interesting project (not dissimilar to IOTA), but it does not solve any computer science problem at this time. The Nano whitepaper acknowledges that the network could be hammered with spam transactions, and forced into centralization. Just like IOTA, Nano offers fast and free transactions, in exchange for risking security and decentralization (at least in the short-term). Nano is standalone software, and has no growth model based on reinvested profits.

Dash is also aiming to be a digital cash of the future, and it differentiates itself with a bunch of interesting features: (relatively) anonymous sending, instant sending (with fewer confirmations on the network), mobile wallet features, community voting for new upgrades, and even a few merchants etc. Some of these features will be implemented by DNotes. Dash is supported by a foundation that is funded by payments from the network itself (10% taxes on the network block reward), and the foundation distributes these funds to freelancers (and others) to assist with development. You can research yourself about the drama surrounding Dash's beginnings, and make a decision for yourself whether you would purchase a used car from them, regardless of how well their coin is doing now. This issue led to PIVX being created -- a clone of Dash, but without the 'contentious' beginnings.

Zcash is a third example of a digital cash, and they differentiate themselves by researching and implementing a privacy feature on their coin that is a dramatic improvement on that of Dash, and a huge contribution to the engineering / scientific community. Zcash is supported by a foundation, but 10% of the coins that are produced are to be taxed and given to their investors that funded the research on ZK-Snarks (privacy tech), carried out by Zcash. Essentially, users trade and build value into Zcash (which is also a private company that released a cryptocurrency), and the founders take 10% of all coins produced in the first 4 years. This has led other spinoff projects to copy Zcash's code, but release without the 10% founder reward.

All of the above coins want to be the cryptocurrency of the future, and all three of them are thriving in price much more than DNotes is right now -- they're also further along their 'core currency development' than we are. That said, they have a very different outlook than DNotes does in terms of how to actually achieve mass adoption. Because despite whatever the price of what each of those currencies may be, none of them are any further along in preparing for mainstream adoption than DNotes is.

DNotes is a digital cash that is supported by a wider integrated business ecosystem that helps to drive DNotes' value through shared equity between it and the currency, and usefulness where each business property in the ecosystem works in some way to integrate with the real world of commerce to gain mainstream adoption. These business properties may be news websites, secure online storage facilities, business books, business consulting services, crowdfunding, blockchain application that run on the DNotes blockchain, exchanges, fiat gateways, merchant banks, debit cards, insurance companies, internet companies, mobile products -- whatever makes sense for DNotes to integrate into its system to make work seamlessly with DNotes. DNotes is not JUST a digital currency, but a blockchain solution platform, and wide array of business entities that support the currency. The success of the ecosystem around DNotes, helps to build DNotes further by reinvesting profits earned through business activities.

This is all carried out with a particular business philosophy that ensures the maximum chance of success of reaching our goal of mass acceptance. To do the right things, the right way, at the right time -- because if anybody else had followed exactly this thus far, you'd already be able to easily use cryptocurrency at your nearest coffee shop; to build our ecosystem block-by-block in a structured manner (because there is no rush when being the best is what will ultimately make you the winner, and there is only so far you can go until you must deal with factors outside of your control); and to operate with trust and integrity -- which is truly unique in our industry. We do not pump and dump, we do not overpromise, nor make false claims. We make claims once our projects are "near completion", or "when we have it" -- which can be contrasted with just about any modern projects or ICO that you see where a ridiculous number of claims are posted all over the website regarding what differentiates the projects, but in reality all they are, are 'claims' that haven't even entered development stage, and won't be ready for 1-3 years. This is true of most major currencies. The true test is what is 'available' for use right at this minute, and not the claims posted all over their website. Hype is a major thing in the cryptocurrency industry. For example, there is a coin in the top 10 that is worth billions, which DNotes is building all the same stuff (and more), and will likely release most of it sooner, but alas, this is cryptocurrency - ICO hype can drive a lot of attention, but trading values are set by speculators, and are currently not at all indicative of thriving success at becoming a mainstream currency (otherwise that coin with no working product couldn't be worth billions).

Excellent, Tim. Very well said.

Thanks Chezzz for reposting that! I had forgotten that response, which took some time to write. DNotes is definitely different, and we are getting ready to really ramp up to scale with our competitors, and then, grow beyond them. This has been our goal from the beginning, but we have from the start been committed to achieving it the most sustainable way, as opposed to become cannon fodder like so many early businesses in the dotcom era did. It is our belief that cryptocurrency investment will begin to flow towards quality, the projects that have fundamental value behind them. At that time there will be a culling of weaker hands and developer teams in the cryptocurrency industry. While not jumping on the hype train may have hindered 'price growth' in the short term we are definitely a sustainable project that will be able to withstand any difficult times that may arise in the crypto industry going forward, and it had no effect on our ability to produce value for our investors and community. There will be some DCEBrief articles releasing soon on this topic.

Amadeus82

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:42:49 AM

Great article Tim Cheesy

I must say that when I first bought the DNotes about a year ago, I was slightly disappointed with the lack of growth in value and thought that no progress is being made. But after some time I came to realise what the team is doing and become more and more impressed by their work Wink

In the mean time some coins in which I invested turned out to be scams or the teams simply abandoned them. But not DNotes. The team kept up the good and steady work and showed that they can be trusted.

If they keep up the good work like that I absolutely believe that they will succeed and reach their goals Cool

Even today this is one of the rare coins which I dare recommend to everyone who is looking into some good long term investment. I'm positively sure that they won't be disappointed with this one!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 12:37:49 PM

All, please note we had a brief issue with withdrawals from the DNotesVault within the last 24 hours. If you have submitted a withdrawal request recently, please check your account history to ensure it is pending, and if needed resubmit the withdrawal request.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 12:40:25 PM

Cryptopia has notified everyone of the final delisting. If you are looking to withdraw your DNotes and swap them to DNotes 2.0, please fill out the form below and I will get back to you ASAP with a withdrawal address.

Please note: You cannot withdraw to DNotes 2.0 addresses that begin an "S". I will contact you once you fill out the form and provide a DNotes V1 address.

Reminder: Cryptopia DNotes Users - May 11th DNotes will be delisted completely.

Please be sure to withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia by May 11th, which is the final day for the DNotes delisting.

If you are still participating in the coin swap, you will need to fill out the coin swap form:
https://goo.gl/forms/MlbfqvAQilLglnHZ2
Note: There will be a rigorous verification process starting May 16th for the coin swap. We are bending over backwards to ensure our supporters and stake holders will be able to swap their coins, however we also have a duty to everyone to ensure we are not swapping DNotes for newly mined or purchased DNotes.

I will reach out to everyone participating in the coin swap today and tomorrow to get you a DNotes address if you still need one.

Thank you for patience!

TeeGee

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:59:04 PM

Great article Tim Cheesy

I must say that when I first bought the DNotes about a year ago, I was slightly disappointed with the lack of growth in value and thought that no progress is being made. But after some time I came to realise what the team is doing and become more and more impressed by their work Wink

In the mean time some coins in which I invested turned out to be scams or the teams simply abandoned them. But not DNotes. The team kept up the good and steady work and showed that they can be trusted.

If they keep up the good work like that I absolutely believe that they will succeed and reach their goals Cool

Even today this is one of the rare coins which I dare recommend to everyone who is looking into some good long term investment. I'm positively sure that they won't be disappointed with this one!

We very much appreciate your confidence Amadeus82. The way I see it, there are two sides to crypto: it's price, and it's value. In more mature industries, and over the medium-to-longer term, price reflects the underlying value of an asset. However, price can be distorted by expectations of the future and often these expectations are highly unrealistic. It is very unfortunate that our industry in its current format is full of actors who do everything they can to create these unrealistic expectations - whether they know them to be false or not. At the least it can lead to an increase in price of an asset, without the value in the system to sustain it. Eventually, one team or a group of teams prove to be more successful than the rest, and the competitors fall by the wayside as the lack of value behind their systems are discovered.

As Benjamin Graham once said "In the short run the market is a voting machine, in the long run it is a weighing machine". We;ve been acutely aware of this from the beginning, and our business-led mentality is representative of a crypto that wants to grow sustainably long-term and compete to be the best.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:18:36 PM

All, please note we had a brief issue with withdrawals from the DNotesVault within the last 24 hours. If you have submitted a withdrawal request recently, please check your account history to ensure it is pending, and if needed resubmit the withdrawal request.

Thanks for the heads up! I did have that issue at the vault. I resubmitted and history now shows it. thank you.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
The Chezzz

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:02:05 PM

https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@DNotesCoin
https://dnotesedu.com
https://dnotesvault.com

All,

2 Days away from Cryptopia making DNotes 2.0 available for purchase. There are a few things that I want to share with you. If you go all the way back to page 1 of this Forum you will see the same names posting from DNotes that you see today. You are never asking "where is the Dev?".  This team is committed to the project and it's costumers more than any other coin I have researched. When you research you are supposed to look for  a Quality product, project, team, goal, customer service, family, etc. Look no further. They have made it easy for us to research DNotes. Above are the products available for you to research. I am not a part of the DNotes team but am part of the family and just want to make sure that everyone else has an opportunity to get their hands on the future. Thank you DNotes! The Future starts today!
The Chezzz

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:26:24 PM

You know I just thought about something. With us not being on Coin Market Cap no one is going to see the post I just put on. hahaha Would it be unprofessional to post it on other peoples forums? Like many have posted on ours. Please give me your opinion in a private message and i'll proceed from there.
TeeGee

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

All,

2 Days away from Cryptopia making DNotes 2.0 available for purchase. There are a few things that I want to share with you. If you go all the way back to page 1 of this Forum you will see the same names posting from DNotes that you see today. You are never asking "where is the Dev?".  This team is committed to the project and it's costumers more than any other coin I have researched. When you research you are supposed to look for  a Quality product, project, team, goal, customer service, family, etc. Look no further. They have made it easy for us to research DNotes. Above are the products available for you to research. I am not a part of the DNotes team but am part of the family and just want to make sure that everyone else has an opportunity to get their hands on the future. Thank you DNotes! The Future starts today!

Thank you Chezzz, we are committed to the project that we have started. And the team have invested at a minimum several years of their life to work on it part or full time as a member of a volunteer team, and taking care of all of the expenses of running a cryptocurrency and preparing it for a mini-IPO (legal, accounting, auditing, publicists etc). We are positioned to respond to any and all difficult situations that come our way, and we do not bow out easily as many of our peers will be forced to on account of being much less prepared when obstacles appear in their path.

I don't think the coinmarketcap information will matter for now, and it'll come back up when we relist on cryptopia in 2 days time. I wouldn't post on other people's forums, but we do appreciate the enthusiasm! This is the announcement thread, and each time somebody posts in this thread it goes back to the top of the altcoin section (which should give it plenty of exposure on Bitcointalk at least). We are also advertising the cryptopia launch through other means.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:52:21 PM

Huawei Phones to Offer Easy Access to BTC.com Bitcoin Wallets

https://dcebrief.com/huawei-phones-to-offer-easy-access-to-btc-com-bitcoin-wallets/
Amadeus82

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:28:31 PM

All,

I totally agree with the point Chezzz is making. Developers have been active since the beginning and were always in touch with the investors. If you look at some other coins, developers often do not regularly communicate with the public and respond to forum posts. Or at least not very often. So thumbs up for DNotes team Wink

Can't wait to see this one listed on Cryptopia on Saturday  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: