Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If USD falls  (Read 12274 times)
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:53:40 AM

Like many powerful currencies in the past, USD may fall to ground too, my question is will that effect BTC value? Or is it independent of all other real world or non digital currencies of the world?

As Bitcoin value is clearly depending on USD then of course it will be affected too like if the USD is no more value then of course Bitcoin will be no value too. Bitcoin market performance will be affected first as there is no one will going to buy Bitcoin anymore as what will be the purpose to buy this coin if it has no value anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RasicaOla12

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:13:16 AM

What happens? if the dollar falls, if the dollar falls will make bitcoin or ethereum or other coins affect the price of dollars i dont want to USD  fall
jbjoyce

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:15:57 AM

Like many powerful currencies in the past, USD may fall to ground too, my question is will that effect BTC value? Or is it independent of all other real world or non digital currencies of the world?

what happen if dollar falls,it's affect the other business,and the economics growth will get down,USD is the attraction of the investor if this is going to collapse the investors will stop
conanshinichi

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:42:14 AM

If the dollar falls, it's in the best interest of the whole world that it's a gradual decline complemented by gradual adoption of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies would not benefit from a sudden collapse of the dollar.
cudomixi

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:15:03 AM

The entire global economy will be destroyed, a take virtually everything with it. The housing market, stock markets, and yes, crypto markets. The sudden collapse of the dollar would be on the order of the fall of the Roman Empire, financially anyway.
horaceN

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:39:59 AM

With regard to Crypto, if the dollar falls it means US citizens will get less crypto for their money, so they may decide to keep what they have, knowing it is worth more today than it was yesterday, or they try to keep all of their transactions off-dollar as much as possible. The same would apply internationally, the rest of the world can see that they can get more dollars for their money today than they could yesterday, so US export trade would increase while the value of the dollar lowers.
peterstark

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

The Dollar falling benefits everyone, except the US. Its impact on crypto would be marginal at best, unless it outright collapses or enters hyperinflation, in which case people may jump to crypto, but not in mass-adoption style as it's just not mainstream enough yet.
Sarahunter

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:29:31 AM

If a currency like USD fails then there would be an opening for another currency to come in and fill in the gap that was left by USD failing and I couldn't think of a better currency to take that position than bitcoin.
tonyparker

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

Dollar falling will wreck everyone and would devastate crypto. Don't wish for it.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:54:50 AM

The possibility of depreciation in any legal currency!
The depreciation and appreciation of legal tenders have limited impact on cryptocurrencies.
The cryptocurrency and fiat currency are two different concepts, and people invest in cryptocurrencies through legal tenders!
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

Dollar falling will wreck everyone and would devastate crypto. Don't wish for it.

No, the dollar NOT falling wrecks everyone and devastates the environment and society.  The sooner privately issued shitcoins fall out of use the better for EVERYONE. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
kobecury

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:05:40 PM

If the US dollar were to collapse the repercussions would be felt around the world for quite a while. It’s all a closed system.
gheawari431

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:26:41 PM

If a currency like USD fails then there would be an opening for another currency to come in and fill in the gap that was left by USD failing and I couldn't think of a better currency to take that position than bitcoin.

it will not be that easy, there will be many other fiat who will offer themselves to be the successor of the USD, crypto regulations that are difficult to do will only make it an alternative currency, but cannot bind and be adapted in its entirety. there are two different businesses and in this case they will continue to prioritize fiat.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

If the dollar continues to depreciate, commodity prices will continue to rise, as crude oil is priced in dollars and investors will pour money into commodities to ward off inflation losses. These dynamics can make the dollar free fall. In this case, the US economy will be stuck in the trap of recession and inflation. could cause a catastrophe in the US financial system, then spread into a global financial shock.

I am agree with your opinion. If dollar fall the value, most investor will looking on Gold or others commodities. Bitcoin right now like commodities and i am believe it give big effect to bitcoin price.

If the dollar falls, the largest investors will show their keen interest in the blockchain technologies. Bitcoin will be in the great demand but it will not change a LOT in price.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:06:14 PM

I think if USD fall have no effect for crypto world. It just effected on comodities and forex markets. Gold is safe haven for investor if USD fall, many big investor moving to gold.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
frankiemalton

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:21:42 PM

A weaker dollar buys less in foreign goods. This increases the price of imports, contributing to inflation.
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:59:38 PM

Yes, it would cause panic if USD falls and I would say bitcoin will take its own way as an alternative. It is extremely important that the average citizen understand our present system of debt-based currency issuance, which most people, unfortunately, do NOT understand, although it amounts to nothing more than a simple extortion racket clothed in a lot of financial concerns.
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:45:53 PM

If USD falls (the global currency today) i think the market will fall faster than anything. Maybe the british pound or euro will take it's place as a global currency but ultimately the American economy will fall. With this crypto currency, that is very prolific today, will take it's place like in Venezuela and will keep on making BTC stronger and more stable.

gonzadz77

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:12:57 AM

We were already seeing many investors selling their USDs and buying bitcoins.In such a situation,if USD price falls,then it would only make more investors to buy bitcoins and it would inturn increase bitcoin price.
Decreasing is the nature of fiat and currencies even bitcoin goes down to and there value.In my country the price of USD is increase and all the stuff are now expensive.But if the USD fall down it will impact on bitcoin price and economy too.
admosfir

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:33:38 AM

I think it only has a very small effect because fiat and cryptocurrencies have different sides on all things, so both have their own fluctuations
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: