Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Report plagiarism (copy/paste) here. Mods: please give temp or permban as needed  (Read 115731 times)
pokerfish1221

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 12:47:02 PM

A obvious Lauda alt, makes a valiant first post defending Lauda

stfu, Lauda
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2020, 01:09:36 PM

Plagiarism Alts Wars : The nth Episode.
I was about to post a pic 'bout dis but it may break ma own rules of BTCTalk neutrality.
It seems that will be a popcorn shortage soon.

peloso
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1187

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 01:20:57 PM

drama ended
lauda will not be banned
bonesjonesreturns

Activity: 112
Merit: 44

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 06:50:02 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2020, 07:39:11 PM by bonesjonesreturns
Merited by Vispilio (2)

It neither shocks me nor surprises me to see this level of rank hypocrisy from the majority of those who are calling for Lauda to be burnt.  So many of the persons who regularly defend plagiarism and other wrongdoing, and who falsely accuse Lauda of abusing the rules for personal vendettas, are crawling out of the woodwork to call for the strictest punishment—obviously, based on personal vendettas.  As I said:  I am not surprised.

What shocked and surprised me was, of course, the evidence.  I was about ready to dine on feline fillet; and I grilled Lauda about this in private.

Having thoroughly investigated the matter, I think that this is one of those rare corner cases of the lability of the human brain.  I do not think that Lauda realized what she was doing, or intended to rip off other people’s texts.  I also don’t think that Lauda could fool me.

I do take into consideration that I have substantially interacted with Lauda, and I have seen her repeat things by rote in the course of ordinary conversation.  (Just not from text written by other people—insofar as I am aware—and not so much as here.)  I am too amateurish in textual criticism to be sure; but from my reading of the posts side by side with the source texts, I don’t think it’s implausible that she interpolated her own words with memorized talking points, without even thinking about it.

Between that, the manner of her response, and the sincerity with which Lauda despises plagiarism (including what happened here), I do not think that any action is warranted in this matter.

I say that as someone who would sooner forgive murder than plagiarism.

Constructive Response

I'm on the feeling of:  the way those edits were made:  were to achieve the objective of providing substance as to make a post;  rather than reference people correctly to the information.... passing it on as themselves.

What would you suggest Lauda should have done differently?  (I mean now—not in 2014–2015, the answer to which is obvious.)

Lauda’s edits called out her own offence in blood-red highlighting, with backlinks both to the accusation against her, and to her response.

The latter is important, because Lauda’s response provided better sources.  bitcoinchan only got 2/6 (possibly 3/6) sources right.  In one case, Post 5, he cited a thread on another forum that itself appears to be a plagiarism (!).  In another, Post 4, he cited an article that contained the relevant text inside a properly cited quotation from an article on another site (!!).  In the case of Post 3, he improperly cited some other site for text from a Wikipedia article—even though the other site had cited Wikipedia (albeit without proper quoting) within the portion that bitcoinchan quoted.

I note this after having spent hours examining the evidence and researching the sources myself.  (How many people posting on this thread did that?)

Lauda’s response demonstrated a level of actual caring about credit to sources that I have never seen from anybody accused of plagiarism.  And it was done in an understated manner, which I find appropriate:  There is nothing to brag about in correcting one’s own wrong.  She just went and corrected it.  She didn’t make a big poor-me show of self-flagellation, or indulge in any other histrionics—she just quietly thanked the party who brought this to her attention, marked up her old posts in a way that makes it bloody obvious what words originated from others, and belatedly gave credit to the appropriate sources.

I agree with this:

Because she handled this incident in a constructive way? Unlike how some other people react when accused of the same.

...although, NotATether, I do not agree with some of your defence of Lauda later in the thread:

I'm going to fix some of the highlighting bitcoinchan made that does not show copy and paste. Because the definition of plagiarism is copying and pasting stuff (without attribution).

Plagiarism does not equal copying and pasting.  It is possible to copy and paste without plagiarizing; and it is possible to plagiarize without copying and pasting.

For about the past three weeks, I have been intending to write a proper post explaining what plagiarism is and isn’t—with reference to discussions by organizations focused on academic integrity, not only with my own opinion on the subject.  I intended that for the RegulusHR thread, since I do not think that Regulus committed plagiarism per se; he did a copy-paste and a shitpost, but not a plagiarism.  (I don’t think it’s possible to plagiarize someone else’s worthless shitpost, because it has negligible or zero original substance; plagiarism is the intellectual theft of credit for original work, which wreathes lazy idiots in a glory that belongs to another.)  It is also relevant to the “hacker” thread, because “hacker” did commit a clear-cut plagiarism.

Some (arguably not all) of the six posts cited by bitcoinchan facially meet the definition of plagiarism, regardless of some changes in wording.  The only reasons why I am defending Lauda, rather than calling for her to be banned, are that (0) I really do not think it was intentional, and (1) her response was appropriate—I think it was the best that she could have done in the circumstance, absent a time machine.

A Technical Question

Plagiarism is one of very few things that theymos has zero tolerance for (except for account buyers).

If we find that you plagiarized, then you absolutely will be permanently banned, even if we find it years after you did it.

When was the forum rule about banning plagiarists made an administrative policy?  My question is if any hypothetical punishment of Lauda would be an ex post facto application of a rule that did not exist when the posts were made.

Although I dislike advancing such a technical argument,* you just know the question would be raised if any other user were accused of plagiarism from so many years ago.  I also know that I have had the term “ex post facto” tossed at me in the “hacker” case, where it did not even apply.  Thus in fairness, I must raise this point in Lauda’s defence.

(* If it were my forum, I would ban plagiarists regardless of whether or not I had bothered explicitly to place users on notice with an anti-plagiarism rule.  Plagiarism, actual plagiarism (see above), is just something that people should know is wrong; and frankly, I would not want any forum members who don’t already know that plagiarism is wrong before they sign up.  But then, if this were my forum, things would look a bit different around here. :-)

All six posts identified by bitcoinchan far predate the addition of Rule 33 to mprep’s Unofficial List of Official Rules:

Added new rule with an explanation (as per hilariousandco's suggestion):

33. Posting plagiarized content is not allowed.[e]

<...>

33. This includes both copying parts or the entirety of other users' posts or threads and copying content from external sources (e.g. other websites) and passing it as your own.

The absence of any anti-plagiarism rule from the list in the time period up to 10 May 2015 is confirmed by the earliest available archive.org snapshot, which, by coincidence, was made several hours after the latest post in question.

It is an unofficial list of rules, with a note at the top stating that it “is meant to serve as a reference/educational/informational thread, NOT a rock solid list of rules” (boldface and underscore in the original).  If hilarious was already banning people for plagiarism before mprep listed this rule, I would have no criticism of that.

A forum search for posts by theymos made at least 1392 days before the time of this writing (2020-05-22) and matching any word from plagiarism plagiarized reveals only the following two posts:

Subject: Re: DGCmagazine Bitcoin Issue
The article is full of plagiarism from Bitcoin Market and bitcoin.org.

Subject: Re: Bitcoin Wiki
I desire attribution for my contributions. WTFPL, at least, seems to suggest that I would be OK with people plagiarizing, which I am not. Copyright should be abolished, of course, but I don't want to encourage people to take my work without attribution.

There are probably legal problems with it. Compare it with the similar CC0 license:
http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode
One sentence is not going to cover all of the legal issues. Potentially someone could sue us for using our own stuff.

WTFPL is less restrictive than CC-A, so legally copying material from the Bitcoin wiki would require you to get permission from all page authors.

I prefer CC-A -- including a link back to the page is not a huge legal burden, and it clearly indicates that plagiarism is not acceptable. No one's going to sue anyone, anyway. I wouldn't mind CC0 or any of the more restrictive CC licenses.

Thus though it’s clear that theymos always despised plagiarism, a stance for which I give him credit,* I cannot find any evidence that the forum had an explicit policy on this issue before hilarious suggested the rule to mprep.

(* But alas, theymos conflates plagiarism with copyright issues.  Copyright is completely irrelevant to plagiarism!  You must not plagiarize the words of Shakespeare, or of Ovid, although all of their works are unquestionably in the public domain in every jurisdiction in the world.  It is possible to violate copyright without plagiarizing, and possible to plagiarize without violating copyright; the two issues are completely separate, although, as I have observed before on this forum, the copyright lobby enjoys the popular conflation thereof.)

As a practical matter, if Lauda were hypothetically to be banned for posts made in 2014–2015, then the archives should be scrutinized; and every user who has ever committed a plagiarism here should be banned, going back to the time when this forum was hosted at forum.bitcoin.org, or even when it was a Sourceforge forum.  Not that I would object to that, in and of itself.

We are not robots here we can spot the real bad eggs

Oh what's this???

Your reference should in fact be pointing to a case of them scamming or trying to scam an individual.
For something to be a scam there does not have to be any direct financial damage (It could be indirect, collateral, or even non-existent).

A.
Unlike copyright law violations, plagiarism is truly the theft of ideas.  It is singularly the most reprehensible wrong that can be committed within the realm of the intellect; and it is inherently fraudulent, an intellectual scam by definition.

The logical argument deriving from the reasoning by OP is very sound without any subjective nonsense. Maybe theymos will give his input on this.

Ignore this dirty old pervert.

Look how he defended the scammer alia?
This desperate old fart will try to defend lauda whatever it does.

Nullius was screaming that plagiarism was the devils work and anyone defending even the reasons people gave should have red tags.

This fucking dirty double standards piece of shit should be banned with lauda.

Whether a plagiarist is banned or not depends on their net benefit to the forum

Quoted from the other post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5249969.0

And this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1764757.0

And  now threatening to red tag any turkish member that applies for and is accepted to chipmixer

Lauda has been banned before several times already

Busted down from mod for extortion

If he is not perm banned every plagiarist will need another

Lol at punishment less than non scamming non extorting previously non banned members.

He must be perm banned or else every plagiarist can come.back.

Imagine this scamming sneaky cunt still on DT and making money from this forum

Double standards is nullius middle name. This poisonous old skunk is observably a dangerous dirt bag.

You were telling hacker his 2yr sig ban was not enough and must be perm banned.

Yoi gave red trust to a member for saying we should not ridicule the excuses of plagiarists such is the evil of plagiarism.

Scumbag

Same for all the greedy scammer supporting shit stains in DT

They were baying for blood demanding perm bans for.far less sneaky and devious plagiarism.

Where is laudas plagiarism bingo gone??

Infinite sig and escrow ban and fully blacklisted from DT

I will be there to say I told you so when lauda pulls a huge scam here
Examine its history always been rotten since I saw him join.

You came back for cryptohunter?

No; check post history.

I think plagiarizers, scammers, and many types of criminals should be shamed too, but you know, it seems that about half the world out there are apologists for criminals and blame it on poverty, just about every time a black guy gets shot by the cops..

Moreover, shame has been turned on its head:  If you shame bad people, you will be shamed.  I observed that “cryptohunter” did this to The Pharmacist.  You yourself should prepare to be shamed for what I just quoted, not despite, but because of it being a simple, lucid observation about the world in which we live.

The trick only works, because the people who should have the moral high ground are ipso facto those who are capable of feeling ashamed.  The ones shaming them are shameless, and highly manipulative.  You did not actually say anything wrong; but if you are sneered at and jeered at with unlimited hostility in a way that plays on your emotions, guilts you for being unsympathetic, slaps you with meaningless labels, impugns your motivations in a hundred ways, etc., then it could get to you.  Conveniently, the shameless will not feel ashamed of doing this to you.

Compare what “cryptohunter” did in the linked thread:  He portrayed a bingo game that ridiculed plagiarists’ flimsy excuses as if it were some sort of cruel injustice against poor, desperate people who are just so... so... needy.  Objectively, it is just the brand of dangerous stupidity that may persuade people who don’t think it through.  Subjectively, in my case, this peculiarly outraged me because I have experience with being poor.  As in, “imperiled for my short-term physical survival due to a decidedly painful lack of food and shelter” level poor. Poor enough to be able to attest the maddening effects of chronic hunger (and resulting long-term detriment to the body).  I did not scam people, or spew plagiarized posts on the Bitcoin Forum.  “cryptohunter” implies that if I had, others should have been somehow sympathetic; and that offends me by degrading my dignity.  Surely, in today’s society, in the Year 2020, I am entitled to me-centred outrage based on being personally offended!

I'm glad you distrust these people.. I do too to an extent.. Poor judgement.. But I don't think I'd hand out negative ratings to every user who has ever blamed crime on poverty, or I bet you could go to the P&S section and gather a sizable list..

True enough.  But, (a) “cryptohunter” did not merely blame crime on poverty.  He went beyond that in ways that showed a high tolerance for dishonesty, even a sympathy for it, per what I stated above.  (b) One must start somewhere; otherwise, nothing will ever change.

Tell me, exactly how you delineate the difference between opinions that are inexcusable, and opinions that are simply in opposition?

I expounded on this.  Was it TL;DR for you?

By contrast, what I hereby consider is an opinion that directly, unavoidably, substantively demonstrates the untrustworthiness of he who expresses it.  Is it untrustworthy behaviour to demand that scammy, dishonest people should not be shamed?  I say, yes!

I get the very distinct impression that this is a sock puppet for another well known little girl here...

Stop trying to prove that Lauda is Craig Wright.  It is defamatory.
[/quote

Hundo Trillions

Activity: 3
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 01:33:18 AM

A obvious Lauda alt, makes a valiant first post defending Lauda

stfu, Lauda

Did you even read the post? I gave examples of Lauda's posts having two grammatical "voices" - one unique to Lauda (with common ESL errors), and one shared by the alleged plagiarized content (with noticeably better use of punctuation, except for where Lauda is substituting in their own words, or "word-spinning").

I mentioned it backing up Kalemder's post:
Copy and paste a post. Then change it a little bit. Perform originalization. I'm sorry, but this is also idea theft. In fact, this is a worse crime. Honest people refer to the source.

Other posts are already completely copy-paste.

and Suchmoon's:
Having busted many word spinners I can assure you that plagiarism is not just "copying and pasting stuff". Why do you keep doing this? There is no point arguing that plagiarism didn't occur. It did. Mods will decide the rest. Should you find yourself in a similar situation you would want the same thing, not mob justice.

I fail to see in what universe this would be called "defending" Lauda. Either you're skimming (in which case, why even comment?) or you have reading comprehension issues that need to be sorted out.

Yikes!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 01:50:19 AM

Having thoroughly investigated the matter, I think that this is one of those rare corner cases of the lability of the human brain.  I do not think that Lauda realized what she was doing, or intended to rip off other people’s texts.  I also don’t think that Lauda could fool me.

I do take into consideration that I have substantially interacted with Lauda, and I have seen her repeat things by rote in the course of ordinary conversation.  (Just not from text written by other people—insofar as I am aware—and not so much as here.)  I am too amateurish in textual criticism to be sure; but from my reading of the posts side by side with the source texts, I don’t think it’s implausible that she interpolated her own words with memorized talking points, without even thinking about it.

Occam's razor says that Lauda checked Google or Wikipedia for supporting arguments in a discussion and copied some phrases verbatim or with minor changes. I'd buy the talking point excuse if it was something simple, e.g. "blockchain is a decentralized ledger", but not "meanwhile, another invisible Spirit (the Holy Spirit) is constantly at work behind the scenes around the earth, keeping the whole thing straight and intervening whenever he can".

Regardless of the reason why the text was unattributed, it's still plagiarism. If he said something like "I've heard that <insert paraphrased or even verbatim text>" or anything else indicating that the text or the idea was authored by someone else - that would probably be sufficient to not consider it plagiarism even if the actual source is not provided.

Between that, the manner of her response, and the sincerity with which Lauda despises plagiarism (including what happened here), I do not think that any action is warranted in this matter.

Well, I very sincerely hate scammers and yet I don't think that'd be a good excuse for scamming someone even if I do it while sleepwalking or drunk and don't remember it afterwards.

As a practical matter, if Lauda were hypothetically to be banned for posts made in 2014–2015, then the archives should be scrutinized; and every user who has ever committed a plagiarism here should be banned, going back to the time when this forum was hosted at forum.bitcoin.org, or even when it was a Sourceforge forum.  Not that I would object to that, in and of itself.

There is nothing preventing you from doing that.

It adds credence to Kalemder and Suchmoon's comments regarding "word-spinning".

To be clear: I mentioned word spinning only as an example of plagiarism that is not copypasta. I didn't intend to say that word spinning is somehow relevant to Lauda's case.

To me, this is the most damning evidence of text edited post facto by someone with a different reading/writing level.

How does this (or anything in your post) make any difference?
wolwoo
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 02:13:48 AM

We haven't had a good relationship with Lauda any time soon. He asked me to ban, but I wouldn't want someone who has 26401posts to be posted in the forum due to a few bugs. A good or bad history and many more mysteries account...
I am not angry with anyone, my anger is about behavior.

"Küllü hâlin yezûlü" =>> Her hâl geçicidir
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7934

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 03:01:15 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 04:10:03 AM by philipma1957

Also back 2015 no one gave a shit about the issue.

Actually, we did. Other mods and I have banned many a plagiarist even earlier than that (definitely as early as 2013).

I have seen permabans for plagiarism based on four or five  words in a row.

I would be pretty sure that bans done from 2010 to 2015 were not like some of the ones done over the last year or two.

I helped and argued for two or three people helping them to have their bans lifted due to really over done plagiarist charges.

I will rephrased my statement to this

Before 2015 I did not track these bans.  I did not give a shit about them because I had not seen the ridiculous bans I have seen since 2018.

I helped

bittawm

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=144811

with his appeal

tvplus0017 can't remember the name was helped by me and others

because the bans were not fair

I don't think anyone should be banned permanently for plagiarism on first offense.

But a 30 or 60 or 90 day temp ba and a 1 or 2 year signature ban with the signature reading" I am signature banned due to plagiarism"

seems fine to me.

The case I make  for lauda punishment is a signature ban 1 or 2 years plus
a temporary ban 1 or 2 or 3 months.

and take back quite a few permabans done to other people.

Lets go to 1 2 3 strikes you are out on plagiarism.

note i edited stakes to strikes.

and we really should look at some of the permabans done. as some were wrong.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 04:06:46 AM

yeah, im on the boat with sigban 2+ and temp as well.  The evidence is clear.

There has to be some repercussion for ones actions....    no matter how good of a person they seem to be.

To be frank:  I have met some of the nicest felons before.... that doesn't change the facts of their actions.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 04:14:10 AM

yeah, im on the boat with sigban 2+ and temp as well.  The evidence is clear.

There has to be some repercussion for ones actions....    no matter how good of a person they seem to be.

To be frank:  I have met some of the nicest felons before.... that doesn't change the facts of their actions.

I had a very close friend from 14 to 15.

He got into heroin when he was 16 and he stabbed his girlfriend in her throat with a pencil ✏️

She bleed to death.  He truly was a nice person yet he made a mess out of her life and his own.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
Peanutswar
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1079

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 04:49:20 AM

Username : AlisonAlberto96

Did you know the main advantages of Bitcoin? The following: Freedom of payment: it is possible to send and receive any amount of money instantly to any part of the world, without borders, without holidays, without limits, etc. Bitcoin allows users to have maximum control of their money.

Bitcoin.org - FAQ
Payment freedom - It is possible to send and receive bitcoins anywhere in the world at any time. No bank holidays. No borders. No bureaucracy. Bitcoin allows its users to be in full control of their money.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 04:50:01 AM

but not "meanwhile, another invisible Spirit (the Holy Spirit) is constantly at work behind the scenes around the earth, keeping the whole thing straight and intervening whenever he can".
That particular post is very reminiscent of George Carlin on this issue. I mean the whole "We have an invisible man, up in the skies, with a list of ten things you must not do". This isn't a novel, technical idea that needs to be memorized or reproduced from one author. Similar interpretations/ satires on christianity are quite prevalent in contemporary culture. Which reminds me to thank the revolutionaries who taught Christians to have the ability to laugh at themselves or their religion. World could be so much more peaceful if followers of that other Abrahamic religion could have the same large heartedness.

I had a very close friend from 14 to 15.

He got into heroin when he was 16 and he stabbed his girlfriend in her throat with a pencil ✏️

She bleed to death.  He truly was a nice person yet he made a mess out of her life and his own.
Fuck! Drugs truly are the worst. Of course, general breakdown of family and society is a contributing factor. Too much "liberation" has been a bad thing. We need a mix of conservatism too but unfortunately, then Americans get Trump. Republicans could surely do better. Okay, off-topic
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 05:11:43 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 05:24:29 AM by philipma1957
Merited by amishmanish (2)

Did you know the main advantages of Bitcoin? The following: Freedom of payment: it is possible to send and receive any amount of money instantly to any part of the world, without borders, without holidays, without limits, etc. Bitcoin allows users to have maximum control of their money.

Bitcoin.org - FAQ
Payment freedom - It is possible to send and receive bitcoins anywhere in the world at any time. No bank holidays. No borders. No bureaucracy. Bitcoin allows its users to be in full control of their money.

Here is a perfect case of don’t permaban this offender.

there is a huge chance he read and condensed the first post into his mind and did not plagiarize.

As I see it this person should be either warned or a short ban.

I make the assumption that this is his or hers only offense. or gray rephrased statement.

If i was to say :

.” bitcoin is great i can leave an unstable country and not have to smuggle the money on my person.  my wealth is portable.”

would i be guilty of stealing an idea 💡 .

no I would be stating facts that are true.

much like the poster did in this post.

facts are facts.

ideas are created and need to be credited.

What time does wallmart open in howell nj.

“Wallmart is open 24 hours a day in howell nj.“

thats a fact. a well known one. at least to people that live near howell,nj

i don’t care if it is exactly what two or three hundred people have said. Its a fact.

If I say “walmart never opens in Howell, NJ 07731 because it never closes”

I am stating a fact in way that could make you laugh.

If you lift that without saying philipma1957 said it you are closer to being guilty of plagiarism.

Since it may be an original fact created today by me.

These are finer points of plagiarism which is why permaban is not the way to go.

It should be the second or,third choice not the first one.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3164

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 07:11:03 AM

Bitcoin.org - FAQ
Dunno if this is an alt of someone trying to boost the posts of his main accounts and in this case should be permanently banned. But if it isn't the case and turns to be a simple newbie then i won't even recommend a temporarily ban, maybe signature ban is ok + warning from staff max.
I support philipma punishment for plagiarism and yes ethically all permabanned for plagiarism (more than x months) should receive an email informing them that their ban is left (or will be after x days)...
I generally don't check members punishment for plagiarism since I thought it is permaban as mentioned by theymos, but since it seems some users already got tempban? then lifting the old permaban should be fair for all tho...

FatFork
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 2592

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 09:07:46 AM

Bitcoin.org - FAQ
Dunno if this is an alt of someone trying to boost the posts of his main accounts and in this case should be permanently banned. But if it isn't the case and turns to be a simple newbie then i won't even recommend a temporarily ban, maybe signature ban is ok + warning from staff max.
I support philipma punishment for plagiarism and yes ethically all permabanned for plagiarism (more than x months) should receive an email informing them that their ban is left (or will be after x days)...
I generally don't check members punishment for plagiarism since I thought it is permaban as mentioned by theymos, but since it seems some users already got tempban? then lifting the old permaban should be fair for all tho...

It is definitely not a newbie account because in other two posts he actively promotes the Divi project. This is a clear case for permaban or nuking, imho.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 11:22:35 AM

It is definitely not a newbie account because in other two posts he actively promotes the Divi project. This is a clear case for permaban or nuking, imho.

I think he doesn't deserve that much of a punishment nor befits any of the punishment at all. Let's hear first the reasons of the author himself and not to be so harsh. I'm not covering nor helping other Plagiarizing users, it is just the fact that he might've read it and translated it into his own words. Yes, this is just might an alt account. Yet all accusations are right, it's a 50-50 situation unless he can prove it that he didn't commit such actions.

The bottom-line for his case is, I think, to let us hear him first before applying the Forum's disciplinary punishments.s

lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 4328

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 11:47:40 AM

The bottom-line for his case is, I think, to let us hear him first before applying the Forum's disciplinary punishments.s

I think for such a novice or not a novice, but an account collector, there is a button "Report to moderator." This is an ordinary poster, its plagiarism should not be put up even for public discussion.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 8037

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 02:34:22 PM

User cryptohunter - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=92110

Copies -
https://archive.fo/L5no3#60%
Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...
<...>
...and block reward 100 times what it is now.
https://archive.fo/Bl2dL#65%
<...>
https://archive.fo/dN1PN#40%
<...>
Original -
<...>

Copy -
https://archive.fo/nbYV2#10%
1. Dash is centrally controlled. This is a fact.
<...>
And yes this is all true, and no I'm not trolling, just thought with all this Dash hype we could have a dose of reality.
Original -
<...>
And yes this is all true, and no I'm not trolling, just thought with all this Dash hype we could have a dose of reality.

For some reason I didn't see this the first time around. Let's expand on it a little bit. The first example is absolutely a case of plagiarism as cryptohunter did not accredit the author of original post in any way.

Original post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Edufield is nominee for the Master Scammer 2014 award!

cryptohunter post, plagiarized content bolded:

here have another read... denying a scam whilst being a known benefactor of that said scam and being full furnished with the facts proving it is a scam does make you a known scammer tok. I hope you realise that. The best you can do is acknowledge it is a scam and argue that the fact it is a scam is not an issue to some people. That is your best route. There is no other I can see for a known dash holder protecting his masternode investment. You've been here too long to make out you have no knowledge of the facts presented below. Therefore unless you want to be known as a scammer like qwizze and evans you can not continue to deny the facts and observable events that are there for all to study.

Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

SCAM = unfair and dishonest scheme = dash

This latest defence is so strange. Where are the victims ? what are you talking about it is there in black and white.

1. everyone who was told it was a fair launch LIKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHES AT THE TIME. - then prevented from mining fairly = scammed
2. everyone who was told there would be much more opportunity to mine ( then that got slashed by 75%) - prevented from mining the coins that were then taken away = scammed.

here are your victims.

3. everyone buying now thinking dash can go somewhere not knowing the scam it is will forever hold it back = being scammed.

Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.

I will be updating my scammers thread to add all of your names to it.

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.

Threads examining the evidence of the captive instamine and reduction of the minting to magnify such instamining ...PROOF OF SCAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999084.0

The meat of the post was plagiarized as he did not reference the original source of the material.

The second example is more a sloppy lack of accreditation as the link to the original Steemit article is posted above by the user who did it. But the first example is definitely plagiarism.

Please report cryptohunter's post for plagiarism and cite the original post as a reference.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
bonesjonesreturns

Activity: 112
Merit: 44

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 03:27:32 PM

User cryptohunter - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=92110

Copies -
https://archive.fo/L5no3#60%
<...>
https://archive.fo/Bl2dL#65%
<...>
https://archive.fo/dN1PN#40%
<...>
Original -
<...>

Copy -
https://archive.fo/nbYV2#10%
<...>
Original -
<...>

For some reason I didn't see this the first time around. Let's expand on it a little bit. The first example is absolutely a case of plagiarism as cryptohunter did not accredit the author of original post in any way.

Original post:

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Edufield is nominee for the Master Scammer 2014 award!

cryptohunter post, plagiarized content bolded:

here have another read... denying a scam whilst being a known benefactor of that said scam and being full furnished with the facts proving it is a scam does make you a known scammer tok. I hope you realise that. The best you can do is acknowledge it is a scam and argue that the fact it is a scam is not an issue to some people. That is your best route. There is no other I can see for a known dash holder protecting his masternode investment. You've been here too long to make out you have no knowledge of the facts presented below. Therefore unless you want to be known as a scammer like qwizze and evans you can not continue to deny the facts and observable events that are there for all to study.

SCAM = unfair and dishonest scheme = dash

This latest defence is so strange. Where are the victims ? what are you talking about it is there in black and white.

1. everyone who was told it was a fair launch LIKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHES AT THE TIME. - then prevented from mining fairly = scammed
2. everyone who was told there would be much more opportunity to mine ( then that got slashed by 75%) - prevented from mining the coins that were then taken away = scammed.

here are your victims.

3. everyone buying now thinking dash can go somewhere not knowing the scam it is will forever hold it back = being scammed.

Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.

I will be updating my scammers thread to add all of your names to it.

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.

Threads examining the evidence of the captive instamine and reduction of the minting to magnify such instamining ...PROOF OF SCAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999084.0

The meat of the post was plagiarized as he did not reference the original source of the material.

The second example is more a sloppy lack of accreditation as the link to the original Steemit article is posted above by the user who did it. But the first example is definitely plagiarism.

Please report cryptohunter's post for plagiarism and cite the original post as a reference.

The stupid cunt and scammer sponsored by fortunejack nutildah does not see that post is reference in the quote ch has quoted  lol

There is no plagiarism there even that instamine proof ch must have posted 100x and referenced it most times
That same post was on the top of his scammer thread and referenced

Lol at this weak ass attempt

Lol at another proven willing scam facilitator for pay nutildah

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5190369.20

Supporter of lauda the scammer pushing this scam

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5249969.0

Saying that cryptohunter who others created these posts to support cryptohunters instamine claim to fight the biggest scam of all time and have a 2 000 000 000 compensation offer to the forum is net negative plagiarism

So to conclude you have 2 proven scammers nutildah and lauda

Claiming the person who busted the huge scam lauda was part of is to be banned for copy and pasting information created to help prove cryptohunter prove he was correct and win a 2000 000 000 usd compensation offer for the forum
This copy and paste he made tons of times he had already referenced many times before and clearly not claiming it was his own

2 scammers nutildah and lauda grasping at straws.
Let me laugh at them attempting to spin winning a 2 000 000 000 usd compensation offer from the same scam lauda was pushing on on others with lies he was on the launch and could confirm there was no instamine.

This exact lie that cryptohunter was fighting

Hahahah

That's it bringing a full thread to investigate this

Meanwhile open a flag against the willing scam facilitator for pay nutildah who would facilitate other members being scammed for 300 bucks. ? This person is on DT and fortunejack is sponsoring such willing scammers
ScumBuster

Activity: 38
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 03:39:38 PM

Nutildah, Lauda, scam buster, scam facilitator, blah blah blah. Motive is irrelevant. Other people are irrelevant.

You are a plagiarizer.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: