Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is shipping  (Read 25006 times)
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:06:16 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 06:24:08 AM by kimosan

who confirmed? I do not have the "confirm" in order.

Where the heck do you confirm at?? Mine says "Pending Acceptance" but there's no button or anything to accept the thing. Ridiculous, cc was charged months ago...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:07:30 PM

they may or may not be "shipping", it is likely they will be shipping "sometime soon".   I would expect that their credit card processor is making them do this as when orders do not ship on time there are regulations about how you have to notify customers and get their approval to keep their order open.

They use Paypal, as far as I know they never accepted credit directly.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:08:41 PM

they may or may not be "shipping", it is likely they will be shipping "sometime soon".   I would expect that their credit card processor is making them do this as when orders do not ship on time there are regulations about how you have to notify customers and get their approval to keep their order open.
They use Paypal, as far as I know they never accepted credit directly.
Same regulations apply.   And, I imagine with a couple people complaining they actually need to start following some rules now.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:12:54 PM

Read carefully the fine print and think careully before confirming, unfortunately this is not good news

Would you care to elaborate?

It looks they are just covering their asses, they use subtle wording to URGE you to confirm ("to get your place in the building and shipping queue") and at the end of the day you confirm you are OK to whatever they ship whenever they ship it (no confirmed specs, you just accept whatever they are, same thing for shipping date)

I'm pretty sure it states that orders will be filled to meet the original hashing power that you bought.

Yeah, guaranteed hashrate, but no guarantee on power specs or shipping date - right? And you accept that by confirming.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:25:51 PM

Yeah, guaranteed hashrate, but no guarantee on power specs or shipping date - right? And you accept that by confirming.

There was never a guarantee on ship date, and even if power doubled it would still be the lowest power ASIC solution by far.

Given that your only alternative is getting a refund, I'd imagine this is the better option if you actually still want your unit.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:28:58 PM

There was never a guarantee on ship date, and even if power doubled it would still be the lowest power ASIC solution by far.
Given that your only alternative is getting a refund, I'd imagine this is the better option if you actually still want your unit.
Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
I imagine when you are only shipping jallies that cost you almost as much as you charged for them, that you really would want to keep the cash flowing in and not get impounded by your processor.

GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:31:07 PM

I confirmed,,,, I confirmed..  Cool
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
I imagine when you are only shipping jallies that cost you almost as much as you charged for them, that you really would want to keep the cash flowing in and not get impounded by your processor.

Probably.  But as I said above, if you still want your unit you really don't have much of a choice.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:11:02 AM

Most likely the motivation for this "update" email is that they are being threatened with impounds.   You either show that people are aware of constant delays in your shipping or we will hold $XXX to make sure we have enough if people ask us for refunds --   this is a common practice with paypal.
Probably.  But as I said above, if you still want your unit you really don't have much of a choice.
Given this and given Avalon's failure on delivering on time, I think this is my last foray into buying anything from anyone unless they ship same day (like friedcat does).    Otherwise, I am just an investor in someone else's profit with no ownership and taking all the risk for them.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

We are doing this to be sure everyone is aware of the power issue (and to a lesser extent the size issue re Jalapeno/Single) with the product and accepts the changed specs.  If not, we will happily refund your money, since you may have ordered a product with different specs than what we are forced to send. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bam91

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:16:40 AM

Awesome news looking forward to repeat business.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:18:18 AM

We are doing this to be sure everyone is aware of the power issue (and to a lesser extent the size issue re Jalapeno/Single) with the product and accepts the changed specs.  If not, we will happily refund your money, since you may have ordered a product with different specs than what we are forced to send. 
Kudos Josh.   Well written and a great explanation. 

MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:18:39 AM

I received this email and, although I do own one Single, I do not have a pre-order.  Did you send these to all previous customers as a combination of both the shipping announcement and the need to confirm for those who have pre-orders?

Regardless, best of luck with this roll-out.  As I stated above, I don't currently have any BFL hardware on pre-order, but will definitely keep an eye on progress going forward. IMO, Bitcoin badly needs competition in the ASIC space and hope you ramp up shipping quickly.

DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:37:47 AM

Ok, Can you tell us more about how to confirm the order?
Thanks.

Keep Your Powder Dry
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 01:42:51 AM

How? I got the same email but my BFL account has no "confirm feature" that I could find....

Please enlighten me/us

Activity: 198

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:47:11 AM

rigs have same hash power but bigger case and powered by the wall. i confirmed. guess we shall seeee.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
xk5

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:59:09 AM

Got the email... power issue doesn't bother me, can't wait  Cheesy

To confirm you just have to accept the box that pops up telling you about the "power issues" (i.e. plug into wall as opposed to USB).  May be only for Jalapenos don't know about the others.
Psybin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:02:30 AM

Yay I confirmed. xD  Anyone have a clue when a late March order might arrive?  They're now saying that if you order today, it'll take two months, which is quicker than I was expecting.

Wait, why am I even asking about shipping guesses?  This is BFL... ;p

Activity: 198

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:10:14 AM

lol ya who cares about power gimme those hashes now plz.  .081$ per kwhr here

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:11:47 AM

lol ya who cares about power gimme those hashes now plz.  .081$ per kwhr here
You will care about power consumption sooner than you think.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: