Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is shipping  (Read 25006 times)
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:12:02 PM

What do you mean scrape up funds, those chips are already paid for by the customer.

What a load of rubbish. The customers paid for a miner, not components, BFL paid for the components and legally own them. BFL are entitled to then sell those components to anyone they choose be it part of a miner or separate, or they could suddenly decide to use different components in the miners,  and you have absolutely no say in it. Stop trying to spread misinformation.

Bullshit, the customer paid for their product deciding to ship out chips, vs ship out miners doesn't change anything. The customer paid for those components and legally own them BFL just has possession.

They said they could ship 400 asics daily, where the fuck are they?
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:18:20 PM

Also, anyone see how BFL is shipping their chips? Only in batches of 100. I think they should finish the order queue first before shipping other damn chips.
The chips are not shipping for over 3 months, I doubt any wafers for them have even been ordered yet as BFL will be still trying to work out the number to order. Are you suggesting BFL are not going to continue shipping the order queue for more than 3 months until after the bulk sales chips arrive just to annoy customers?

I was unaware they are not shipping for over 3 months. Thank you for clarification.

chips come 100 days after 1/2 payment is delivered. It isn't the doom and gloom everyone seems to think it is. BFL is just trying to scrape up funds to do larger runs on the chips.

What do you mean scrape up funds, those chips are already paid for by the customer.

What I want to know is why the only members who are getting their shipments are members with only 5-10 posts. And no pictures with the "I GOTS MINES TODAY!!111 N ITZ MININ"

I would also love to have feedback for those who supposedly got their product, are the fans dusty, and do they smell like they've been running. you know that smell that graphic cards have id assume asics would have the same? I mean who could resist not running having millions of dollars worth of pre-orders on products who make their money back in 3 days. $1m a day, seems good enough to run the farm yourself.

It comes in a nice grey box with the BFL logo on it. All contents inside are wrapped nicely and professionally.  So no they do not appear used at all as I can attest to helping one be unboxed and setup yesterday (not mine, but someone else who is a long time member here).

I have seen users who have posted they received theirs who have thousands of posts and are active members on this forum everyday. Its all about if you decided to invest.  You can call BFL and talk to them directly.  They have a publicly available address, you can visit them.

If you join their forums on their website they give you more an enough info and are very forthcoming with it.  As of yesterdays shipping post, they have shipped all Jalapeno orders through July 3 2012.  So if you are someone who didnt get on board until a few months ago, it might take a while.  For me, I have had mine on order since July 23 2012 so at their rate, baring any unforeseen production delays, I am hoping to have mine shipped within the next couple of weeks.

You can see the Bitcoin network total hashing rate, so its not like they could have been hiding them doing work as the totals would be the same.  As more and more asic units are going out, the rates are going up, and so is the difficulty (hence the massive jump today).

They are coming through on their units, just not as fast as originally promised, but for those who held on, you will be rewarded.  Trust me, I was one big skeptic myself, but after seeing one in person, now I am just eagerly awaiting mine.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:32:05 PM

Perhaps BFL can just open their books and show us all we have nothing to worry about. Very good point about the low post positive reports.

BFL is a private company, you are not entitled to see their books. No sane private company would do that. If you have some doubts cancel your order and let those people that are happy move up the queue.

Bullshit, the customer paid for their product deciding to ship out chips, vs ship out miners doesn't change anything. The customer paid for those components and legally own them BFL just has possession.

They said they could ship 400 asics daily, where the fuck are they?
You have no idea what you are talking about, the invoice/receipt for the components from the suppliers will say BFL is the legal owner, not you or any other person that placed an order for that miner, and that will stand up in a court of law, in fact it wouldn't even make  it  to court is such a stupid claim. Please cancel your order and let normal people move up the queue.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

Also, anyone see how BFL is shipping their chips? Only in batches of 100. I think they should finish the order queue first before shipping other damn chips.
The chips are not shipping for over 3 months, I doubt any wafers for them have even been ordered yet as BFL will be still trying to work out the number to order. Are you suggesting BFL are not going to continue shipping the order queue for more than 3 months until after the bulk sales chips arrive just to annoy customers?

I was unaware they are not shipping for over 3 months. Thank you for clarification.

chips come 100 days after 1/2 payment is delivered. It isn't the doom and gloom everyone seems to think it is. BFL is just trying to scrape up funds to do larger runs on the chips.

What I want to know is why the only members who are getting their shipments are members with only 5-10 posts. And no pictures with the "I GOTS MINES TODAY!!111 N ITZ MININ"

I would also love to have feedback for those who supposedly got their product, are the fans dusty, and do they smell like they've been running. you know that smell that graphic cards have id assume asics would have the same? I mean who could resist not running having millions of dollars worth of pre-orders on products who make their money back in 3 days. $1m a day, seems good enough to run the farm yourself.

It comes in a nice grey box with the BFL logo on it. All contents inside are wrapped nicely and professionally.  So no they do not appear used at all as I can attest to helping one be unboxed and setup yesterday (not mine, but someone else who is a long time member here).

I have seen users who have posted they received theirs who have thousands of posts and are active members on this forum everyday. Its all about if you decided to invest.  You can call BFL and talk to them directly.  They have a publicly available address, you can visit them.

If you join their forums on their website they give you more an enough info and are very forthcoming with it.  As of yesterdays shipping post, they have shipped all Jalapeno orders through July 3 2012.  So if you are someone who didnt get on board until a few months ago, it might take a while.  For me, I have had mine on order since July 23 2012 so at their rate, baring any unforeseen production delays, I am hoping to have mine shipped within the next couple of weeks.

You can see the Bitcoin network total hashing rate, so its not like they could have been hiding them doing work as the totals would be the same.  As more and more asic units are going out, the rates are going up, and so is the difficulty (hence the massive jump today).

They are coming through on their units, just not as fast as originally promised, but for those who held on, you will be rewarded.  Trust me, I was one big skeptic myself, but after seeing one in person, now I am just eagerly awaiting mine.

Awesome, good stuff thanks for the post!
erk

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

On http://bfl.ptz.ro/ al orders for jallys were updated at once, (for 2012/06/25 /24 /23) without any exception, so i think the moderator just marked them all as delivered for some reason,
Does not look like it was user input, because some users would have forgotten to update the status

how legit is this site?
It's not very accurate people are putting bogus orders on it. For example BFL took the ability to order a BitForce Mini Rig SC off their shopping cart early April and there are heaps of orders for it dated after that.

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:49:13 PM

It comes in a nice grey box with the BFL logo on [...]

I'm just coming back from a friend's and I have great news!
He's one of the first and most famous members around, and he received his 5 minirigs pre-ordered a year ago today!
Packaging was very professional. A bit too much, to be honest, took us 5 hours to unwrap.

Once all the plastic gone, you have to figure out what to do with those funny (but totally unused, not a single trace of mayonnaise) chips and those nexus 7, but all it takes is a bit of trial and error, and a few hours later, you have the best looking construct ever!

I'd post a picture, but I'm sure it could win one of those new bitcoin awarded photo contest, so we'll keep them secret for now, sorry.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:54:32 PM

Awesome, good stuff thanks for the post!

Aaaaaaand literally within the last 2 hours my order has moved into "production" status out of "processing"

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
jpbitc

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:58:01 PM

Nice. I only have a year's worth of production to go. I am still excited though and know BFL has had its challenges.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 09:00:03 PM

Aaaaaaand literally within the last 2 hours my order has moved into "production" status out of "processing"

Nice Smiley

donations not accepted
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:19:44 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 06:32:28 AM by Its About Sharing

Perhaps BFL can just open their books and show us all we have nothing to worry about. Very good point about the low post positive reports.

BFL is a private company, you are not entitled to see their books. No sane private company would do that. If you have some doubts cancel your order and let those people that are happy move up the queue.

I don't have a problem here, I just made a point. What are you a rep for them? Defending them and giving me advice? I don't want your advice and I wasn't looking to start trouble.

And I'm not saying to see everything, something reasonable so that the firestorm of people who think BFL is stealing their money. Is that fair? There are a lot of scams going on as money is to be made. There is nothing wrong with giving the customers security. I realize they are shipping, maybe 100 orders have been delivered that were ordered 1 year ago. I don't think some customer security is out of line.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:30:21 PM

Nice. I only have a year's worth of production to go. I am still excited though and know BFL has had its challenges.

They have lots of orders, and now that hardware is pouring in, I guess they are ramping up production/shipping.
Also I guess they have a lot of new orders coming in, now that people see that it's no longer vaporware.

The faster they can make them, the more they can sell etc. Also the race is now on to be the first company to have ASICs on stock and ready to ship to individual consumers.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
erk

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:42:30 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 02:20:18 AM by erk

They have lots of orders, and now that hardware is pouring in, I guess they are ramping up production/shipping.
Also I guess they have a lot of new orders coming in, now that people see that it's no longer vaporware.

The faster they can make them, the more they can sell etc. Also the race is now on to be the first company to have ASICs on stock and ready to ship to individual consumers.

The small models seem to be coming along fine.

I think BFL should refund the minirig pre-orders, apologize publicly, and launch a new high end model not so ambitious, which is actually possible to build with the chip technology they have. Obviously letting the people who ordered the minirig to be first in line if they want it. It should also be realistically priced, the minirig was way too cheap for the massive amount of ASIC chips it would have needed, and 8,000-10,000 watts worth of power supplies, think 3 phase with all the approvals, country specific issues etc. I was not going to happen.

If I had a minirig order I would have cancelled it months ago, at least when they stopped allowing new orders for it back in April, that would have been a warning bell. I guess some people are just so rich they don't care.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:53:02 PM

As of yesterdays shipping post, they have shipped all Jalapeno orders through July 3 2012.  So if you are someone who didnt get on board until a few months ago, it might take a while.  For me, I have had mine on order since July 23 2012 so at their rate, baring any unforeseen production delays, I am hoping to have mine shipped within the next couple of weeks.
That is great for you but I still dont get why people's jaws arent dropping open.  July 2012.  Shipping June 2013.   How could anyone (me) ever HOPE to receive their 50 Gh/s unit before 2014?  I mean seriously.  thats a ONE YEAR shipping delay.  One year is like 20 years in the tech world.  A whole year!  Yet still they tell me my unit may ship in a month or two.  How?   even if hardware is pouring in .... a backlog of a *YEAR* ?

So last week they said they were shipping all orders through June 26.   And 7 days later its all orders thru July 3.  Guess what that means?   They're only shipping at a day - to - day rate.  In 7 days they shipped 7 days worth of orders.  At that rate, it will be 1 year before they're shipping todays orders....

When i start seeing 1 week pass and the "ship thru" date is a month later than the previous ... then i'll start having some hope.

Until then ... there is no increase in shipping speed.  Except that its occurring versus not...

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:35:12 AM

That is great for you but I still dont get why people's jaws arent dropping open.  July 2012.  Shipping June 2013.   How could anyone (me) ever HOPE to receive their 50 Gh/s unit before 2014?  I mean seriously.  thats a ONE YEAR shipping delay.  One year is like 20 years in the tech world.  A whole year!  Yet still they tell me my unit may ship in a month or two.  How?   even if hardware is pouring in .... a backlog of a *YEAR* ?

Request a refund, move on, let the people behind the moaners move up...

donations not accepted
Malawi

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:05:11 AM

As of yesterdays shipping post, they have shipped all Jalapeno orders through July 3 2012.  So if you are someone who didnt get on board until a few months ago, it might take a while.  For me, I have had mine on order since July 23 2012 so at their rate, baring any unforeseen production delays, I am hoping to have mine shipped within the next couple of weeks.
That is great for you but I still dont get why people's jaws arent dropping open.  July 2012.  Shipping June 2013.   How could anyone (me) ever HOPE to receive their 50 Gh/s unit before 2014?  I mean seriously.  thats a ONE YEAR shipping delay.  One year is like 20 years in the tech world.  A whole year!  Yet still they tell me my unit may ship in a month or two.  How?   even if hardware is pouring in .... a backlog of a *YEAR* ?

So last week they said they were shipping all orders through June 26.   And 7 days later its all orders thru July 3.  Guess what that means?   They're only shipping at a day - to - day rate.  In 7 days they shipped 7 days worth of orders.  At that rate, it will be 1 year before they're shipping todays orders....

When i start seeing 1 week pass and the "ship thru" date is a month later than the previous ... then i'll start having some hope.

Until then ... there is no increase in shipping speed.  Except that its occurring versus not...

-Burger-

I think you are forgetting something. They have been shipping for real only a week or two, and in that time they have cleared the backlog from some of the days when they are likely to have received a lot of orders compared to a few weeks later.

It takes a little time to get production ramped up, and the workers will spend less time per unit they put together and pack until they reach a plateau where efficiency falls back a little.
There are new systems to be set up, best way of item-flow, some experimenting with different setups etc. And offcourse some errors have to be made etc.

When they have gotten trough the first few weeks of orders, thew will probably churn trough the days pretty fast, at least until they get to around april/may 2013 where I suspect there is a new rise in orders.

If they can get the hardware parts in fast enough, the natural thing would be to hire more staff that will then come to a company focused on shipping orders. Also as they have gotten used to shipping and have a system set up, the new workers will slip into the routine faster than the existing workers who have been used to a company focusing on bugtracking, putting out fires, waiting for suppliers and backpedling.

hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 07:54:52 AM

He's one of the first and most famous members around, and he received his 5 minirigs pre-ordered a year ago today!
Packaging was very professional. A bit too much, to be honest, took us 5 hours to unwrap.

Once all the plastic gone, you have to figure out what to do with those funny (but totally unused, not a single trace of mayonnaise) chips and those nexus 7, but all it takes is a bit of trial and error, and a few hours later, you have the best looking construct ever!

I'd post a picture, but I'm sure it could win one of those new bitcoin awarded photo contest, so we'll keep them secret for now, sorry.

5 MR ?  = 15  X 500 GH Boxes ?   = 7.5 TH  yike! --- lights will dim - hash rate spike!
erk

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:10:25 AM

5 MR ?  = 15  X 500 GH Boxes ?   = 7.5 TH  yike! --- lights will dim - hash rate spike!

If BFL had shipped even one minirig, BFL_Jody would be all over the blog telling the world about it, being the one that sends the orders to production!

Malawi

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:07:40 AM

The small models seem to be coming along fine.

I think BFL should refund the minirig pre-orders, apologize publicly, and launch a new high end model not so ambitious, which is actually possible to build with the chip technology they have. Obviously letting the people who ordered the minirig to be first in line if they want it. It should also be realistically priced, the minirig was way too cheap for the massive amount of ASIC chips it would have needed, and 8,000-10,000 watts worth of power supplies, think 3 phase with all the approvals, country specific issues etc. I was not going to happen.

If I had a minirig order I would have cancelled it months ago, at least when they stopped allowing new orders for it back in April, that would have been a warning bell. I guess some people are just so rich they don't care.

If I had an order for a minirig, I would rather have it converted into a bunch of jalapenos than get the order cancelled.

But now that the jalapenos are going out the door, they are quite likely to have figured out some larger models aswell, but maybe they are waiting for part or are doing some final testing. It's really not easy to know if they will start shipping other units any day or if it's gonna be severely delayed.

Would not be surprised if buyers of miniriggs might end up with the same hashing power spread over several units.

ripple

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:23:51 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 11:42:06 AM by ripple

The last difficulty level showed a 28.4% jump in difficulty.  If difficulty levels were to continue at an 18% increase each two weeks thereafter the expected future difficulty levels would look as follows:

date     change     difficulty
----------------------------------
05-Jun   28.41%   15,605,633
16-Jun   18.00%   18,414,647
27-Jun   18.00%   21,729,283
08-Jul    18.00%   25,640,554
19-Jul           18.00%   30,255,854
30-Jul           18.00%   35,701,908
10-Aug   18.00%   42,128,251
21-Aug   18.00%   49,711,337
01-Sep   18.00%   58,659,377
12-Sep   18.00%   69,218,065
23-Sep   18.00%   81,677,317
04-Oct   18.00%   96,379,234
15-Oct   18.00%   113,727,496
26-Oct   18.00%   134,198,445
06-Nov   18.00%   158,354,165
17-Nov   18.00%   186,857,915
28-Nov   18.00%   220,492,340
09-Dec   18.00%   260,180,961
20-Dec   18.00%   307,013,534
31-Dec   18.00%   362,275,970

At a bitcoin price of $120 and the above difficulty levels a BFL rig customer may double their money or better if they received equipment by mid-Sept 2013.  They would break even if received by mid-Nov and unfortunately lose money on their investment if receive end-November.  

What must make most BFL pre-order, but undelivered, customers rather unhappy is that a 5GHs machine would make around $2,000 profit and a 50 GHs machine around $20,000 profit if started today and mined 24/7 to end 2014.

Malawi

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:39:06 AM

I think you should rather use 25-30% in your calculations. ASICS are coming fast now, and will skyrocket the difficulty.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: