Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is shipping  (Read 25006 times)
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 08:17:45 PM

Received email this morning...my Jalapeños are on the way.  w00t!

"Standard shipping," at least for my smallish order, turned out to be Priority Mail.  Odds are they'll arrive here Wednesday afternoon. 

They arrived here this morning...our mail must get here earlier than I thought.  Click any of the pix to embiggen. :-)

They shipped in this box...

...into which this box was a snug fit:

Two Jalapeños tucked away inside (power supplies and USB cables are in the two small boxes on the right):

One had this note wrapped up with it:

Unboxed:

For now, it's on my work computer, which runs Windows.  After a bit of work, I got the latest cgminer working within EasyMiner, and now have ~10.5 GH/s directed at BitMinter:

Ordered 29 Aug 12, arrived 19 Jun 13, order #6535.

To get EasyMiner working with something other than EclipseMC or Eligius, use the "manual mining" option under the settings tab.  Fill it with something like this:

Code:
cgminer-nogpu -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u user_worker -p password

Repeat the -o/-u/-p options for each additional pool you want to configure.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the bundled cgminer (3.1.1) with the latest (3.2.2, as of this writing).  cgminer 3.2.x uses a rewritten USB communication layer. Instead of the FTDI USB-to-RS232 driver, you'll want to use a tool called "zadig" to install the driver that cgminer will use:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/

Reboot and your miners will show up.

Eventually I'll take them home and plug them into my Gentoo mining rig.  For now, though, this will work.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
PCMiner

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:29:06 PM

<snip>

For now, it's on my work computer, which runs Windows.  After a bit of work, I got the latest cgminer working within EasyMiner, and now have ~10.5 GH/s directed at BitMinter:

Eventually I'll take them home and plug them into my Gentoo mining rig.  For now, though, this will work.

Not to be devils advocate... but if you got them running at work, why not leave them there..... Will anyone really notice? $$$ savings...
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 03:27:23 PM

<snip>

Not to be devils advocate... but if you got them running at work, why not leave them there..... Will anyone really notice? $$$ savings...

They'd be more secure at home, and the power draw of two Jalapeños is not much more than that of the 7750 in my mining rig. Besides, my work computer is getting long in the tooth (Athlon 64 3700+, though it is running Win7 now) and lately has been prone to bluescreening and/or freezing.  The mining rig doesn't have these problems.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:31:06 PM

<snip>

They'd be more secure at home, and the power draw of two Jalapeños is not much more than that of the 7750 in my mining rig. Besides, my work computer is getting long in the tooth (Athlon 64 3700+, though it is running Win7 now) and lately has been prone to bluescreening and/or freezing.  The mining rig doesn't have these problems.

If you have an extra network plug in at work, pick up a cheap Raspberry Pi, download Minepeon, set it up, and go, and leave them at work. 

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
R3dcell

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:36:20 PM

<snip>

Idk if your work would let you fix the comp or not, but try running ComboFix. It should get rid of those pesky BSOD's(among most other problems) if they arent anything serious.

Graciously accepting donations from you kind Sirs Smiley 1GEAhoDdL8Vcu57PRJfRrpQNBdzBsLuFrG
ilpirata79

Activity: 353
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:57:05 AM

How many products so far shipped more or less?

I have ordered a Jalapeno last month (half of May)... you will say money throwed in the bin, and maybe you would be right...

regards,
ilpirata79
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:25:14 AM

I have ordered a Jalapeno last month (half of May)... you will say money throwed in the bin, and maybe you would be right...

regards,
ilpirata79
More than 3 and less than a million I would guess.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

regards,
ilpirata79
More than 3 and less than a million I would guess.

ppl participate on here: http://bfl.ptz.ro/

I'd guess that 500 or less have been shipped from the latest Jody ambiguity talk.  If they are planning to stay en route of the 90 days catchup plan I would gather they must be shipping 30-80 units per day minimum.  No scientific data or facts to back up....Just my BS presumption, nothing more. Smiley

warhawk187

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:29:40 AM

Good start to the weekend:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: