Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - OAX Foundation  (Read 134624 times)
Terraformer

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:36:20 AM

I would say a "true believer" is someone who is crazy enough to buy tokens from the market right now, i.e. knowing that the project has no code, one developer, and posts vague nonsense on the OAX Medium about their reflections on China's policies.

I made some inspection and read OAX website. They have plenty of managers and such kind of non-productive personnel and they have one coder and one developer. OAX should publish their burn-rate that's overall overhead expenses.  without aforementioned that there is plenty of hope in the air and now I understand the frustration among some investor. With such kind of big team, at least PR should be appropriate.

Positive thing is that they co-operate with 0x. However there is not guarantee will the co-operation be productive or not.
other positive thing is forthcoming announcement in October, Perhaps OAX has hired second coder/ developer.  Smiley

Technically speaking building the exchange is not necessary rocket-science, but on going regulation can affect of profitability. Decentralized exchanges can get around some regulation, because DEX is technically OTC market place.

as the market theory states there is not necessary easily obtainable free lunches. The project with more solid plan are usually more expensive, but even though with the solid plan the project will fails. The project always entail risk and some risks are beyond the control of the personnel of the project.

Looking forward for that October announcement. Please hire some more coders, do something substantial: working demo, sign more contracts with partners, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

Hello OAX team, The bounty pool that you have kept is quite bad as the price of OAX is hitting the bottom and even it is too below the ICO. Instead of Giving a fixed amount of OAX to participants you should give shares or stakes per week as it will be then fair for people who are advertising you the whole month, as i am a participants and comparing to the reward that we will get after a month is too way far less. I see chronological team and other teams who have given 26 ETH ( in terms of coins) to legendary participants for a month. whereas OAX will not let a hero member get more than 120$ at this price.
Its my request to consider the stakes instead of fixed amount.

And proportional distribution absolutely fair for all.

Hello OAX team, The bounty pool that you have kept is quite bad as the price of OAX is hitting the bottom and even it is too below the ICO. Instead of Giving a fixed amount of OAX to participants you should give shares or stakes per week as it will be then fair for people who are advertising you the whole month, as i am a participants and comparing to the reward that we will get after a month is too way far less. I see chronological team and other teams who have given 26 ETH ( in terms of coins) to legendary participants for a month. whereas OAX will not let a hero member get more than 120$ at this price.
Haahaa..I agree with what you are saying. I made a good profit from chronologic bounty. This campaign is just waste of time as you are being paid very less as compared to counterparts.
Good luck.

Good point.
The team should consider this and raise a bit our rewards.

with the price going down the hill it is really a wise thing to go with the stake system but the OAX team are filthy guys i dont think they will accept the proposal of yours, but lets see..if they do it i will join in next round but i hardly think they will have any OAX left for the bounty pool now  Kiss
Dinct

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:01:27 PM

Only thing keeping me away from investing in this coin is uncertainity about the roadmap. It is really a great one, but we need a proper explanation from the team regarding everything.
bitvoyager

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:12:49 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 11:36:22 AM by bitvoyager

Hello guys,

|Admiral|, no "filthy guys" here in the OAX team. Let's respect each other.
And please don't shout. Everyone can understand your message without bold and red.

Regarding the participation in the Bounty campaign in general - all the Rules clearly described in the Bounty ANN.
"If you send us a submission for this bounty program, you are agreeing to these terms.
If you do not want to agree with these terms, do not send us any submissions or otherwise participate in this bounty program."

pinkman12345, thank you for your thoughts. We're analysing the current situation.
"OAX will not let a hero member get more than 120$ at this price." -
as i can calculate, Hero will get 400+ OAX per month in September campaign, it's almost $170 today, not $120 as you said. And can be x2 tomorrow or x10 in a year.
About stakes, would you like to participate in the campaign with determined budget and not determined number of participants?
Stakes in this case can mean that you don't know the final amount you'll earn and your reward can be unexpectally low at the finish.
Fixed prices have its own benefits. Of course a lot of depends on the market, it's unpredictable, especially these days.
Also imagine the reverse situation, price of a token grew relatively the moment when you joined the campaign.
Will you ask to decrease your reward in this case?

Thanks z0n0, ug2017351feig, your opinion have right to exist and definitely was heard.

Thank you all who participate in the OAX bounty campaign, you're valuable and respectable members of the community and I'm sure we'll always find a common language.
p.s. Let's discuss bounty related questions at the according thread.  

bitvoyager

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:23:53 AM

Only thing keeping me away from investing in this coin is uncertainity about the roadmap. It is really a great one, but we need a proper explanation from the team regarding everything.

Hi Dinct, thanks for the interest! Welcome to our Slack, invitation below.
OAX Dev AMA #1 - Project Discussion "Roadmap and Development", 4th October 2017 7AM HKT/7PM EST/12 AM GMT

WEBSITE | WHITEPAPER | YOUTUBE | SLACK | TWITTER | MEDIUM | REDDIT | WECHAT | TELEGRAM

ANX Marketing

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:52:33 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for the suggestion, we are aware that the price went down during the month, we are sitting down to check the bounty structure today and see what we come up with. Our thinking was that all first cohort (Septmber bounty members) who continue for October get an automatic 20% increase, while new members stay at the same rates. Next month (November) rates would jump again for 1st cohort by another 20% (for a total of 40%) and 2nd cohort goes up 20%.

This was our thinking. We'll talk more details today, but the input is very helpful, thanks for the feedback.

www.openanx.org "All Your Base Belong To Us"
ANX Marketing

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 02:00:22 AM

Haahaa..I agree with what you are saying. I made a good profit from chronologic bounty. This campaign is just waste of time as you are being paid very less as compared to counterparts.
Good luck.

Good point.

with the price going down the hill it is really a wise thing to go with the stake system but the OAX team are filthy guys i dont think they will accept the proposal of yours, but lets see..if they do it i will join in next round but i hardly think they will have any OAX left for the bounty pool now  Kiss

Gosh, thanks for the input.

Actually, I'm pretty sure if you apply for the bounty next month, we might not accept you.

|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:20:35 AM

Good luck.

Good point.

Actually, I'm pretty sure if you apply for the bounty next month, we might not accept you.
Lol... By filthy I meant was to criticize in a positive way, I did not meant to abuse anyone in team.
Though I will never apply for the campaign here or may be in any signature as I have a very busy schedule and signature campaign money is not my livelihood.
ANX Marketing

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 03:14:48 AM

Good luck.

Good point.

Lol... By filthy I meant was to criticize in a positive way, I did not meant to abuse anyone in team.
Though I will never apply for the campaign here or may be in any signature as I have a very busy schedule and signature campaign money is not my livelihood.

No problem Admiral! I showered today and everything!  Wink

3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:32:21 AM

Good luck.

Good point.

Thanks for the info @ANX Marketing , so we will receive 20% bonus this month?? I am kinda loyal to OAX as i have purchased 1.7 BTC worth OAX when the price was 2.2$ and now 0.4$  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes , Just wondering how much would i could buy OAX at this time with 1.7 BTC.
mv1986
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1167

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:05:03 AM

Because the roadmap isn't very specific to begin with, but at least they haven't missed any deadlines so far from what I see.
The hardest part will be legal aspects, see https://medium.com/@OAX_Foundation/oax-project-q4-roadmap-update-legal-and-regulatory-stream-8d9a3d4671a2

Makes sense to some degree. But the coding should by no means be underestimated, too. So many people claim to be able to build the greatest applications, and often times...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for the suggestion, we are aware that the price went down during the month, we are sitting down to check the bounty structure today and see what we come up with. Our thinking was that all first cohort (Septmber bounty members) who continue for October get an automatic 20% increase, while new members stay at the same rates. Next month (November) rates would jump again for 1st cohort by another 20% (for a total of 40%) and 2nd cohort goes up 20%.

This was our thinking. We'll talk more details today, but the input is very helpful, thanks for the feedback.
The altcoins that are ethereum based are quite prone to fluctuations like this. Frankly I feel that it was the team who hyped the coin just when it launched liqui.
Though I really appreciate the work the team has put into the oax coin by keeping the community informed for every action of the team.
I will surely join this campaign if it continues ...
ANX Marketing

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:45:07 AM

Good luck.

Good point.

Thanks for the info @ANX Marketing , so we will receive 20% bonus this month?? I am kinda loyal to OAX as i have purchased 1.7 BTC worth OAX when the price was 2.2$ and now 0.4$  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes , Just wondering how much would i could buy OAX at this time with 1.7 BTC.

Ouch! I'm sorry! China markets and the bounty dump followed by regulation was just something we were unable to anticipate. I think we were going to do it for October for people that carry over.  Does that make sense?

pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:39:05 PM

Good luck.

Good point.

with the price going down the hill it is really a wise thing to go with the stake system but the OAX team are filthy guys i dont think they will accept the proposal of yours, but lets see..if they do it i will join in next round but i hardly think they will have any OAX left for the bounty pool now  Kiss

No problem Admiral! I showered today and everything!  Wink
Thanks for the info @ANX Marketing , so we will receive 20% bonus this month?? I am kinda loyal to OAX as i have purchased 1.7 BTC worth OAX when the price was 2.2$ and now 0.4$  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes , Just wondering how much would i could buy OAX at this time with 1.7 BTC.
Sometime hope for best is lost, I pray that you will average your loss. really man now its difficult for OAX to get that price in 2017 but nothing is permanent, Hope you have learnt the lesson of not to buy in flow.
@Team you guys really need to influence the price as this thread is now losing interest.
Anyways go go go OAX : MOON

A hero member will get 300*0.4$ = 120$ for a month  Grin, Looks like we are in Nigeria. ( No offense )

ProspectorsPR

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:49:06 PM

This project was a quick buck candy for DEV. They sugared the project and when it hit on Liqui exchange, They powered the coin with a PUMP, after when real people started buying it it went down like 0.4$ which is below the floor price. Infact a good project should at least maintain its floor price, no matter in terms of BTC but at least USD value should be maintained.
Now as team has filled the pocket with money after dump they are looking to get the coin get its value organically.
Moreover who the hell pays a hero member with 120$ for a month ~ 0.03 BTC , even a Bloth ICO in service section is paying 0.025BTC for a week to hero/legendary members and it becomes 0.1 BTC ~400$ a month, which is worth of time. Clearly the team wants maximum output at least cost.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:15:00 PM

Agree that team should raise our rewards.
The price fell down hard, and current reward is straight absurd.
bitvoyager

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:17:35 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 09:30:27 PM by bitvoyager

... They have plenty of managers and such kind of non-productive personnel and they have one coder and one developer...

The real trouble with using a lot of mediocre programmers instead of a couple of good ones is that no matter how long they work, they never produce something as good as what the great programmers can produce.

Five Antonio Salieris won’t produce Mozart’s Requiem. Ever. Not if they work for 100 years.

https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2005/07/25/hitting-the-high-notes/

Was rereading this famous article, karjatu, and remembered your words about "one coder and one developer". Smiley

One of the new OAX "coders": https://www.linkedin.com/in/onetom/

Welcome to ask questions to onetom, Hugh Madden, CTO, Liam Bussel, Head of Marketing and other team members during our AMA, invitation to Slack below

OAX Dev AMA #1 - Project Discussion "Roadmap and Development" on 4th October 2017 7AM HKT/7PM EST/12 AM GMT

WEBSITE | WHITEPAPER | YOUTUBE | SLACK | TWITTER | MEDIUM | REDDIT | WECHAT | TELEGRAM

IhateICOs

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:10:26 PM

Hi OAX. Do you care that people lost money in OAX? Any single person who invested in your ICO has half their money. You pumped it and had images of moons and were saying the price was beautiful when it hit $2. When it tanked you posted charts saying that investments will always go up and that capitulation of a falling asset was a mistake, all while it continued to fall. You made no effort to get this on a decent exchange or do decent marketing. All your social media channels are filled with FUD and negativity. How do you plan on addressing this? How will you inspire anyone who holds OAX or wants to participate in this project? Did you guys take the funds and run? Are you going to keep posting medium posts and telling us "oh we'll have code and a product, we're working on it!" without showing any actual REAL progress?

If you have some legal contracts for KYC you're agreeing on, show us. If you have some code show us. Don't show us a roadmap, show some progress. Or else you just took the 20 million and ran off with it.
memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:12:50 AM

I don't understand one thing same project looks very good during crowdfunding era even people know the goals can't be achieved immediately after the launch and listing at different exchanges. It has become common to know for everyone that in short term price drops then too people are loosing patience and start shouting that team didn't deliver. This is very common in every project not only in this one.
Iruwen

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

CMC Community

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 03:23:43 PM

I'm +/- 0 on where I was when I first bought OAX and don't think about selling even if it drops further. There was nothing to show back when I bought and I actually didn't understand at all why OAX was pumping to begin with, I never expected it to go anywhere before there's an actual product. If you fell for the fomo, and if you are at 50% loss now you did because the ICO price was $0.75 and it's now $0.50, I don't really feel sorry. They always said there wouldn't be anything to show before 2018, so you basically made a seed stage venture capital investment. Start crying when they fail to deliver until the end of 2018, and even then, VC always has a chance of total failure, so get over it.
Of the many projects I'm currently invested in, most are still trading around or below ICO price, the few that lifted off totally make up for that though and the others just have to release an actual product first.
Don't invest if you're not an investor. If you start yelling scam after a few weeks or months, you're better of trading. If your bags are heavy now, you failed to trade.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: