Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:44:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52060 times)
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:15:21 PM

I always try to set a price where I can sell for the value of my initial investment and then after different amount of % of profit I sell portions of my position. I always keep some of the coins and hodl it, you never know.
I plan to sell when the price of the coins i have will pump really high and i always plan to sell when market is green and when the market is green i will surely sell of all the coins i have with a higher price and i plan to sell maybe on the month of november and december this year.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alendel0n7

Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:48:21 PM

I fix profits when I see that there is no potential for further growth. How to understand this? Focus on the competitors of the tokens that you hold

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:51:51 AM

I could not say the exact time when i'm going to sell it depends the situition because there is the time that you needed the money such like when there is an emergency or i'm going to wait the right prices at 50% of gain.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:09:02 AM

It depends on your strategy or portfolio management. As far as the management of my portfolio is concerned, I set aside a certain amount that is designed for 1 to 2 years of holding. Some are also for active trading. I sell when there is a considerable growth of overall value and not just on a certain percentage. We have to look at the overall value of course because it is where profit is made. For example, I have a coin that grew 30% just for today. I do not sell it if it has plunged in value for the last 2 months. I have to take a look at the overall performance.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Lilianaser

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:32:19 AM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I will sell the coins I have when the price is high. At least already more than the capital I spend. But I also again not in a hurry to sell it. So I'm still calm and not panicking to sell it right away. I am sure by the end of 2018 this price of all coins will definitely be high and at that very moment, I will get a huge profit.
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:30:58 AM

Withdrawing your profit is a good way to manage your assets. But it's up on your hands on how you are going to grow that money. If you don't want to miss the chance of losing a lot of potential profit at better price, it's better that you forget to sell now. Just keep on holding first.

Yeah i think there is not anything wrong if you choose to sell a portion of your bitcoin on some important things you quite needed for a living. For me it is just a form of support for the development of bitcoin itself because whenever you used bitcoin on transaction there is a specific movement happens on the market of bitcoin. Hence, it could be better if you will treat every transaction as a form of trading where you have a planned and management on every decision you will make. It much better to monitor the price for you to know how much you can earn if you could hold more for further investments.Smiley Smiley

I usually do sell my coin using a particular percentage! I have find out that most of the indicators failed in give entry and exists signal. But if you are use -% for buying and positive percentage for selling you will hardly loses in cryptocurrency trading.
Although i am not selling my bitcoin for the purpose to book some profit, but some time when i feel then need of money for fulfilling my need i use to sell some bitcoin and change into fiat currency, but still i try my best not to feel the need to sell my bitcoin, because i know the importance of bitcoin and its potential which can increase too much in next few mothns.
wooiuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

I will not choose to sell now. I think the current bitcoin is still at an early stage. I think there is room for bitcoin to rise, but now I can choose to buy some bitcoins and wait until the price rises to make a decision.
zhinaivan

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

I will sell coins when getting high value because this is the chance to get profit and when coins is low value time to buy coins before you buy searching first and reading what coins what is good project that have potential to gain profitable and ask here if your coins that you want to buy is remarkable and legit ICO project
quuyt4

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:54:21 AM

As a trader, you certainly don't sell at the price you buy. Will certainly be when the price rises. Go to sell.
sjdk

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:01:27 AM

First of all, you have to understand the market conditions. I think when you understand it, and then decide whether to sell or hold based on your judgment, it will determine whether you will get the maximum profit in this outbreak.
valera10

Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:59:08 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
for such situations, trading strategies on exchanges are provided. You can use various methods to secure your funds as much as possible without loss
Archduin

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:31:14 PM

Simple principle can be applied. You sell when its high but sometimes it can take time just be patient.
Cointertrade

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:48:38 PM

I am engaged in investment activities on the Internet, so I sell my coins as needed. Yes, I sold some of them at a low price. But I do not regret it. At that time it was the right decision and I managed to make money on it
when there is opportunity to sell bitcoin when pruce is high i would sell it because if you really want to have a big profit you should become a trader also and be a business minded so that you can jave what you really want and you can have a profit that you expect so i guess sell when bitcoon is high for you to have big profit.

Kyo Kusanagi

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:50:45 AM

Whenever you sell it, everyone will have a guess. I generally wait until the market continues to rise. Waiting until the price stops rising and selling.
malonesmimi@gmail.com

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:34:55 AM

i will definitely hold it now and sell it by end of this year. because i believe that the same thing will going to happen in bitcoin, like last year!
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:44:45 AM

If I'm just day trading, I'll aim for anywhere up to 20% gains, usually much lower than that though.  There's always another coin on the rise out there, and getting stuck with the majority of your investments is really shitty. 

If I'm investing in a project I actually believe in, I'll leave the coins in there for considerably longer.  It really depends on the rest of the market, though.  For instance, right now you can invest in just about anything and most likely come ahead, but if you invested two months ago in the same projects you'd likely be down considerably.  You can see your coins go 2x 3x or more if you buy in a down market and things finally recorrect.  Just gotta be able to observe the data and leave emotions out of it.  If you get out in profit, is that really a bad thing?   A lot of people will get a 20% gain and sell it, then be depressed or upset because they sold and the coin gained another 50% or whatever.  That mentality is extremely dangerous.  Take what profit you can, don't be greedy.  Greed will make you lose everything.  There's always another coin to invest in, be glad you gained and didn't lose. 
morphic

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:56:09 AM

I have invested in Ethereum. In the past few months, its currency price has been very disappointing, but I did not sell it. I think the decline in the currency price is only a normal phenomenon. In recent days, there has been a clear upward trend in the price of coins. I think the time has come. It will erupt again. I hope it can surpass the highest price in history and reach a new peak. I look forward to it.
xuuy7

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:10:45 AM

Whenever we sell, we don't have an accurate answer. But there is a guess in everyone's heart that we can sell when the currency price rises to a certain height. But now is not a good time to sell. We should wait now.
trry98

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:03:44 AM

I have also done some analysis, but this is the vast majority of speculation. But usually I will sell after the price has risen for some time. No one knows exactly when to sell, everything is personal judgment.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:11:19 AM

I sell coins when the market is stagnant or when the down trend. Because at such times no one knows what will happen next. At such times it is better to save your budget. Then you can always buy from below or buy a little when the market starts to grow, then buy more when a steady uptrend appears.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: