Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
doreraj

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 10:24:25 AM

as for me if there are any history in this coin and i bought it low, just put orders with 20-50% of amount closer to previous high.
if coin is new then fix a from 20-50% after it jump to 100% from the price that i bought it.

sell for usdt/btc/etc depending on situation

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xember

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

In order to become successful in trading, the very key that one must possess is patience. The problem with other users who are doing trading is they think small, they often get scared that the value might become lower, but the thing is we need to wait for it’s value to be high. The maximum time have I have waited to sell was roughly 3 months.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:38:46 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.

tarek7988

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:19:59 PM

I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:31:36 PM

I sell my bitcoin when I was satisfied to the price of this in the market also, I sell only the half of my bitcoin when I have a lot of savings in my bitcoin wallet. Because I just want to save the remaining for the future value of bitcoin. so many in next couple of Month we may see even higher price so I will prefer to hold at a moment and will sell only when it crosses $10k mark.
it is all in the speculation! first you need to analysis about the market and all the situation that what is going on.i think no one is going to sell their coins at the movement because at the movement price of bitcoin is rising with the passage of time .every one want higher profit.because they know  that this is going to be a very big investment.and can make then rich in the long term or in the future.if people want to sell their coins .they need to sell when they know that they can make good and high profit..
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:38:09 PM

if you survive the current drop in Bitcoin, then this milestone, which you mean in 10,000 dollars, will be passed before the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. The matter is that all have already given 7000 dollars by the end of this year, but we already had this maximum And even more today. We need to wait for these fluctuations to end and we will again see Bitcoin's active growth.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:45:15 PM

That is the right strategy to follow to not to sell all your coins at once and save some of them for future as no one can be sure how higher price can be in future but if it hits your target price then its good to sell some of it to grab some profits as you can buy it once again when price drops in future and that is the best way to play with your bitcoins to get regular profits.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

overcliff433

Activity: 216
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:00:28 AM

I mostly sell when it hits ATH and the bulls lost their power then, after it falls a few hundreds of dollars I will buy again and wait.
hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:07:34 AM

very easy to sell altcoin or bitcoin. you just wait for the price is more expensive than the price when you buy. you will benefit from holding your coins. but also will lose. all you have to do is to place an order book and wait for it so your coins will be sold perfectly.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:07:09 AM

I never sell my coin when its value is going down, maybe i will hold them for a while until the value is higher. But when someone sell them bitcoin i feel pity to them, what if the value is increasing even more?. So i think is better to hold it.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:17:00 AM

Trading is meant for sometimes we may loose and sometime we may gain. It is not possible to predict exactly but when it comes to selling we should not sell them for low price.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:25:22 AM

Before entering a position you must have your own target price already. I am not much after on the gain % since it really depends on your analysis. 3% is my minimum gain otherwise it's not worth it. There are also times when I only sell my capital and let those gains move up or down especially when the market is good and the coins has a promising tech, dev and community.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:28:32 PM

I had sold some bitcoin at 6500 dollars, but those were to fund a project im working with, soo no regrets no matter bitcoin value in the future, because i do wanna and needed to fund my project with some money. As a daily trader i do try to make some profit with up and down of bitcoin, and usually i buy some altcoin and i will only sell it when i get some nice profit usually 3-15% is my limit, i dont like to take extra risks.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

I sell normally when the price hikes and I am sure of making a profit out of it.But I would suggest all to invest and hold the bitcoins you earn because the price of bitcoins is going to increase year by year.As it is evident from the last few years graph,the price keeps on increasing.So have patience and believe in bitcoins.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:48:48 AM

When I need money or when I feel like I gotta sell and buy later cheaper.

There are number of different occasions when you actually find yourself completely helpless and you are left with no other option than that of selling of your bitcoins. The first thing you need to do is to avoid selling of your bitcoins.

In case you have to sell your bitcoins, then you have to make sure this thing that you have to go for selling of your bitcoins nice you are having some good amount of profit in return.

I am rather all investors are not in favor of selling of bitcoin at low prices. Everyone wants to keep bitcoin in their wallets because of the nature of the bitcoin i.e. it continuously increase in value over time. But if you are going through financial crisis and need money, sell bitcoin but make sure that your wallet is not empty of bitcoin, keep some amount always with you to be part of mega profits.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:35:46 AM

It is really hard to know whether it is right time to sell our coins. Most of the traders loses their money because they committed mistakes like they are panic selling and also selling their coins in wrong moment. We should always plan for us to gain profit.
Obviously only the thought of selling your coins comes in the mind when you know that the price has fallen to an unexpected level. This is actually termed as panic selling. Mainly those that buy the coins recently before dump are going to decide for getting rid of them at once and save the most they can that had been invested for the buying purposes.

But if someone would keep firm belief then he could become a millionaire even before turning 18 that could be witnessed with a glorified example of the boy who didn’t join college because he has earned much to spend his whole life.
Boys27

Activity: 329

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:39:46 AM

usually I do sell if I already feel enough with the benefits, usually I hold the coin long enough and I choose the coin that I predicted the price will go up, that's what I do so far.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:04:07 AM

I sell bitcoin when I think I'm getting 15% profit, as we know that rising and falling bitcoin prices is very fast, it makes us have to be wary if the price drops to more than 5%, I will soon sell bitcoin when I already get profit at least 15%, because usually after a 15% rise the price will go down and we will buy.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

nicoly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:53:20 AM

Trading needs time and experience. Only sell if you need cash to live. Don't bother trading.  Ultimately if you have a small amount of coin it makes sense to simply hold until the value is high enough to make it work selling part of your coin. If you have enough coin eventually you can sell some and hold some. Sell enough to pay for things while holding enough to get more returns.
earnmoneyonl

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:01:49 AM

I only sell while got a bad news affect in it. Or I could sell while I feel it is high enough. Moreover, I will sell while the asset in peak. It easy to get profit from it. However, some time cryptocurrency is really hard to predict so I think lucky is a really important factor   Grin Grin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: