Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165540 times)
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:27:57 PM

Still no tracking?  Sorry, I'm a bit anxious.

As if fair.

Lemme explain: for some reason currently unknown to me, my fedex account isn't accepting my credit (debit)  card, i'm talking to them (waiting for a call back as we speak) so despite the packages being good to go, this inability to charge me has things sick in Fucking limbo. I would just pay them in cash, but the whole damn point of a fedex account is so i don't have to do that. I'm a bit at my wits end here, and can do naught but apologize and wait.

Please don't kill me.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:39:17 PM

Still no tracking?  Sorry, I'm a bit anxious.

As if fair.

Lemme explain: for some reason currently unknown to me, my fedex account isn't accepting my credit (debit)  card, i'm talking to them (waiting for a call back as we speak) so despite the packages being good to go, this inability to charge me has things sick in Fucking limbo. I would just pay them in cash, but the whole damn point of a fedex account is so i don't have to do that. I'm a bit at my wits end here, and can do naught but apologize and wait.

Please don't kill me.

ACK!!!!  Cry

Thank you for at least giving us an update.  If you can't get it sorted out, can you just pay cash today and get them out the door?  Every day is costing money here.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:42:43 PM

So does that mean you dropped them off at the shipping facility 2 days ago, but they havent gone anywhere because they were not paid for?  I was really expecting to receive and set them up tonight?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:52:56 PM

What's the word? 
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

What's the word? 

Phone ate my first reply...

In short they didn't call me back as promised, so i called them. Should be fine now. Overnights should arrive tomorrow, the rest after. I've been dealing with this whole at my day job (unoffcial as it may be) which means the receipt worth the tracking is at the apartment i'm staying at, with my pc. I'll get them to you guys tonight, though it might be late. I won't be back there till after 10 my time.

Any refund requests, please pm me to discuss. Though be aware, my btc is... Well, low, since I'm living of it as it comes in right now. So it might take me time to sort out any refunds.

Regarding any further deals with me and these miners, coupon or other wise: hell no. I'm obviously horrible at mailing anything. I'll be happy to organize something if need be, but the fulfillment will likely be done by Canaryinthemine or the like.

nuggium

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:31:02 PM

What's the word? 

Phone ate my first reply...

In short they didn't call me back as promised, so i called them. Should be fine now. Overnights should arrive tomorrow, the rest after. I've been dealing with this whole at my day job (unoffcial as it may be) which means the receipt worth the tracking is at the apartment i'm staying at, with my pc. I'll get them to you guys tonight, though it might be late. I won't be back there till after 10 my time.

Any refund requests, please pm me to discuss. Though be aware, my btc is... Well, low, since I'm living of it as it comes in right now. So it might take me time to sort out any refunds.

Regarding any further deals with me and these miners, coupon or other wise: hell no. I'm obviously horrible at mailing anything. I'll be happy to organize something if need be, but the fulfillment will likely be done by Canaryinthemine or the like.

Well regardless of the hiccups, you've been very honest and upfront imo. I appreciate all the updates, both good and bad. You've communicated better than most of these big ASIC players!
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:54:54 PM

Glad to see progress.  Can't wait for some miners!
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

Frankly this sucks.  We paid for these a month ago.  Difficulty was in the 40m range.  Now it's 86m. 

I'd like to back out please.  The easiest solution is for someone else to buy mine.  I have 11 paid for.  11 * 0.175 = 1.925.  Any takers?  I'm assuming they are actually shipped now.. which means I have to pay to ship them.  I have no idea what a reasonable price is to ship.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:07:59 AM

Rethaw has backed out as well. That's mdude77 ' units and rethaws 7. Make your deals and let me know.

I'm going to go to fedex when i get off work and make sure they went out.

I fully agree this has been ridiculous beyond reason, and that's my fault.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 01:20:35 AM

So can people that have not bought from you yet buy some?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:29:11 AM

I think at this point .175 is a little much if I have to wait for additional shipping.  I'd pay BTC.15 including shipping for anyone that wants to recoup their losses.
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:34:40 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 04:45:11 AM by LazyOtto

... Make your deals and let me know.
Why?

At this point, why are you involved?

Have they been shipped or not?

If shipped, then any deals are between the owners and the bidders.

Or, do you want to be involved "ad infinitum" in all exchanges which have 'passed through your hands'?

-- edit

At this point, even though it is substantially past '10pm local time', I have yet to receive tracking info. Therefore, at the time of making this post I'm still vulnerable to potential 'capricious actions'.
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:36:38 PM

Tracking info:

I'll get them to you guys tonight, though it might be late. I won't be back there till after 10 my time.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:06:25 PM

I think since the coupons were for .1 ea, that anything over shipping costs should be refunded to the buyers of these last eruptors.

So for my 5 units I paid .875 and only .5 of that went to Friedcat, so that means .375 was taken for shipping and "handling".  Mtgox last price at the time of this writting is 131.77 per coin.

So...
131.77 per coin X .375 = nearly $50 paid over cost.
According to https://www.usps.com/ship/service-chart.htm
shipping  for 5 eruptors should be about 5 to 10 dollars for regular 1-3 day postal.

So...per above, I am paying about 40 to 45 dollars for "handling" and "fees", I think it is safe to say at this point that the service has not been performed adequately, and a refund of around .34 Btc, is not out of the question for the overprice that we paid.

This would go a long way in insuring that we can still hit ROI with these, which at the time of ordering and paying, and even recieving the units was still possible, but now is not without a refund.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:08:56 PM

I think since the coupons were for .1 ea, that anything over shipping costs should be refunded to the buyers of these last eruptors.

So for my 5 units I paid .875 and only .5 of that went to Friedcat, so that means .375 was taken for shipping and "handling".  Mtgox last price at the time of this writting is 131.77 per coin.

So...
shipping  for 5 eruptors should be about 5 to 10 dollars for regular 1-3 day postal.

So...per above, I am paying about 40 to 45 dollars for "handling" and "fees", I think it is safe to say at this point that the service has not been performed adequately, and a refund of around .34 Btc, is not out of the question for the overprice that we paid.

This would go a long way in insuring that we can still hit ROI with these, which at the time of ordering and paying, and even recieving the units was still possible, but now is not without a refund.

To be fair, the majority of our wait was because of friedcat inventory.  The way I see it, arklan is responsible for A) failing to give friedcat his new address and B) failing to send out on time.  Since we got word that the stuff had arrived in Utah on August 28th, that means that Arklan is responsible for 8 days of tardiness.  So that should be factored in when asking for a refund; the first announcement was on 7/28.  That means that of the 40 days wait from original announcement, those of us still waiting can blame arklan for 1/5th of it.  As such, 1/5th of his profit would be all I could see being reasonably requested back.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:26:07 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 03:36:29 PM by DebitMe

So...

To be fair, the majority of our wait was because of friedcat inventory.  The way I see it, arklan is responsible for A) failing to give friedcat his new address and B) failing to send out on time.  Since we got word that the stuff had arrived in Utah on August 28th, that means that Arklan is responsible for 8 days of tardiness.  So that should be factored in when asking for a refund; the first announcement was on 7/28.  That means that of the 40 days wait from original announcement, those of us still waiting can blame arklan for 1/5th of it.  As such, 1/5th of his profit would be all I could see being reasonably requested back.

We were not paying him extra for FC, we were paying extra for speedy delivery once he acquired the units, that has not happened and as such, these are now not going to see a positive ROI.  The .1 payment was for FC to deliver and the .075 was for Arklan to deliver.  If I wanted to complain about the FC delivery time I would go to FC and request my .1 back that the unit cost, but the .075 was going to Arklan's hands so that he could get these units sent out the door immediately upon receipt.

Or we could go by lost mining revenue, these should have been shipped on the 30th, allowing 2 days for delivery in the U.S. that would currently put us at 2 days overdue, if they ship today we can assume they will be at our houses by either monday or tuesday of next week, so overall 5 to 6 days of lost revenue, assuming they ship today.  I will even give the benefit of the doubt and say that all of those days are at 85M difficulty, so that equates to about .00193 per miner per day or about .05 to .06 if they arrive Monday or Tuesday respectively.  Personally I do not think any reward should be given for this debacle, but at the very absolute least, I believe that the above is owed to me, should probably be more, but the above is at least fair.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:46:50 PM

Or we could go by lost mining revenue, these should have been shipped on the 30th, allowing 2 days for delivery in the U.S. that would currently put us at 2 days overdue, if they ship today we can assume they will be at our houses by either monday or tuesday of next week, so overall 5 to 6 days of lost revenue, assuming they ship today.  I will even give the benefit of the doubt and say that all of those days are at 85M difficulty, so that equates to about .00193 per miner per day or about .05 to .06 if they arrive Monday or Tuesday respectively.  Personally I do not think any reward should be given for this debacle, but at the very absolute least, I believe that the above is owed to me, should probably be more, but the above is at least fair.

I think that's a reasonable request, although I think it would have been 3 days for shipping since the 30th was just prior to a holiday weekend, which would only put us one day overdue today, and 4 to 5 days of lost revenue total.  And considering that Arklan is not a bona fide company but instead is just some guy, with real hurdles and life problems that I sympathize with, and who has been more transparent then any other group buy I've seen, I'd hope that people here would be lenient and not demand the shirt off of his back. 

Arklan, what say you?  Do you believe some sort of compensation is fair?  I'd even be ok with splitting the difference since "shit happens".
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:56:44 PM

Also for anyone who wants a little money out of their eruptors and doesnt want to tempt fate with mining I would be willing to purchase these for .11 per unit, I know it isnt much, but these are uncertain times and with difficulty going sky high, its all that I can offer for them currently, and maintain a certain level of risk/gambling.  Please let me know via PM if you are interested.  It would be contingent on you receiving the units and sending them to me same day, escrowed of course.  I would be willing to have Arklan escrow the deal, for a small fee, that I will pay.  No extra compensation for shipping but it shouldnt be much more than 5 to 10 dollars.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:14:07 PM

Also for anyone who wants a little money out of their eruptors and doesnt want to tempt fate with mining I would be willing to purchase these for .11 per unit, I know it isnt much, but these are uncertain times and with difficulty going sky high, its all that I can offer for them currently, and maintain a certain level of risk/gambling.  Please let me know via PM if you are interested.  It would be contingent on you receiving the units and sending them to me same day, escrowed of course.  I would be willing to have Arklan escrow the deal, for a small fee, that I will pay.  No extra compensation for shipping but it shouldnt be much more than 5 to 10 dollars.

I beat you to it. Smiley

I think at this point .175 is a little much if I have to wait for additional shipping.  I'd pay BTC.15 including shipping for anyone that wants to recoup their losses.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:54:45 PM

thanks for the update and owning up to your mistakes.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: