Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:00:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime funded by bitcoin  (Read 8341 times)
hisuka2987

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:05:49 AM

some criminals use it but not as a global currency of crime, because it is still not anonymous completely considering you need to verify yourself before buying in almost all exchanges, and following that your transactions are public in the blockchain and the exchange (if want to) can link your name with every transaction you conduct.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:17:16 AM

If it has been proved that bitcoin is patronizing​ in the crime then it would be a great collapse for it, generally​ Bitcoin is a anonymous platform so That it's tough to recognize any illegal financial transactions, so it may be happened but it doesn't need to focus in public, Because it creates a panic among themselves...
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:23:28 AM

some criminals use it but not as a global currency of crime, because it is still not anonymous completely considering you need to verify yourself before buying in almost all exchanges, and following that your transactions are public in the blockchain and the exchange (if want to) can link your name with every transaction you conduct.

Yeah right.  But you could actually changed your identity.  The names, location, age, or even address can be altered so you could sneaked.  So basically it is easy for criminals to use bitcoin for their illegal activities.  Having bitcoin as we know, less hassle and easy transactions when transferring or even buying things.  But yes, it is not used worldwide so maybe if the country does not or have no bitcoin, they convert it into cash.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:23:47 AM

Ahh, this argument again. Bitcoin is just a currency. Criminal organizations will always find a way to transfer value. If anything government should create a dark currency of their own to be able to follow criminal transactions.
I don't understand how this argument that criminals might use bitcoin is justified. Seriously look at cash.
You should only be concerned about investing this point.
The idea of a coin created by the governments to catch criminals could be novel but at the end it is not going to work, since someone that checks the source code will immediately recognize the attempt to tracks its users, and if they try to hide the code by not being open source and being closed source then no one is going to use the coin because they are going to mistrust it.

If they try to hide the Code therefore does not open source and be closed source, then no one would use the coins because they will distrust it.
and I do not believe if bitcoin can fund the crime world
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

Ahh, this argument again. Bitcoin is just a currency. Criminal organizations will always find a way to transfer value. If anything government should create a dark currency of their own to be able to follow criminal transactions.
I don't understand how this argument that criminals might use bitcoin is justified. Seriously look at cash.
You should only be concerned about investing this point.
The idea of a coin created by the governments to catch criminals could be novel but at the end it is not going to work, since someone that checks the source code will immediately recognize the attempt to tracks its users, and if they try to hide the code by not being open source and being closed source then no one is going to use the coin because they are going to mistrust it.

If they try to hide the Code therefore does not open source and be closed source, then no one would use the coins because they will distrust it.
and I do not believe if bitcoin can fund the crime world
Bitcoin can fund the criminals in our world because it is very easy to transact bitcoin or send it to other people and also, it has a feature that other people like criminals look it as an advantage and that is being anonymous of bitcoin and it makes them untraceable so they can easily send or receive money in the form of bitcoin without risking their identities for the authorities.
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:26:26 AM

If it has been proved that bitcoin is patronizing​ in the crime then it would be a great collapse for it, generally​ Bitcoin is a anonymous platform so That it's tough to recognize any illegal financial transactions, so it may be happened but it doesn't need to focus in public, Because it creates a panic among themselves...
Bitcoin features are perfect to used on crime especially on ransom payment. But it does not mean that BTC must forbidden because of this one. There are many good used for btc compared to negative used. Besides, even BTC is not created, there still crime out there.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:27:11 AM

A lot of crimes are being committed on a daily basis by using local currencies as medium for payment. I guess bitcoin is not immune to that and you can definitely say that it is another option that criminals the world over can make use of. But we have to understand that all currencies or anything that has value can be used as an instrument in committing any kind of activity, be it legal or otherwise. It is us humans who decide whether something is bad or good and we are naturally born to do some bad things from time to time, especially that the tools for doing so are just at our disposal.
richsoon

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:29:04 AM

Bitcoin features are perfect to used on crime especially on ransom payment. But it does not mean that BTC must forbidden because of this one. There are many good used for btc compared to negative used. Besides, even BTC is not created, there still crime out there.

Cash is also perfect for crime though perhaps not as easily concealed. Bitcoin probably mostly makes it easier for digital crime rather than real crime but even those ransomware attacks existed before bitcoin and used other forms of payment.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:30:58 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.
Yes, your right it is just not hard to be done. There are many unknown people who use bitcoin maybe even Isis because at first bitcion is a digital money that can use where ever you are or who ever you are. It is so easy to use especially in far transactions to those who wants it to become fast. Crimes will be easily funded because of this kind of transactions.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:43:35 AM

Criminals use local currencies too, does that mean we should ban them. In fact it is easy for a criminal to commit crime with fiat without being caught than Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency.
Those who hate Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency arent telling you exactly why they hate it.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:54:48 AM

As of now, I have seen a lot of trades that are using this kind of technology as a means of payment.
Or maybe they have switched to this kind which makes them anonymous in every deal they make.

Illegal weapons are the only one that I have seen but not drugs yet. This cannot be easily traced now.
The only thing they can see it is when the weapon will be shipped.
But with the payment I am sure they wont enough time to look at it anymore.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:01:06 AM

Criminals use local currencies too, does that mean we should ban them. In fact it is easy for a criminal to commit crime with fiat without being caught than Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency.
Those who hate Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency arent telling you exactly why they hate it.
Criminals will use the best and easiest tool for the job and for the moment that is fiat, bitcoin is too complicated for most people let alone criminals to use, when you add the fact that everything you do with your bitcoin can be tracked down then it is no wonder criminals still prefer to use fiat instead of bitcoin for their nefarious purposes.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:56:14 AM

The thing is, as mentioned by some others already, Bitcoin is not the problem to crime, nor is it the key to eradicating it. If people choose to commit a crime, they will do so - they will not choose to commit a crime just because of its anonymity. In recent days, the demand of bitcoin by hackers is just an example of a simple transaction, not a whole crime field fuelled by Bitcoin itself. It is also easy to ask for Wired Money and it will still work properly. While the anonymity will be compromised a little as banks need to have a database of names and addresses, the overall point is remains the same. Banks (in most countries) have no right to take away money from your account, even though you might have obtained it illegally.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

If no crime has happened before the existence of bitcoin then we can agree that bitcoin cause crime. Here the scenario is different that few use its decentralized functioning for the crime purpose. These days this has decreased a lot. So coming days people it prefer much for good needs.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:34:25 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.
The anonymity of bitcoin seems difficult to track but according to some articles which I've read that crime through bitcoin can be traced, but I also don't know how they might track it maybe from high or unreasonable transactions because every bitcoin transaction is already recorded in the blockchain ledger

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:07:17 AM

Bitcoin was earlier adopted by dark markets due to its anonymity.But when they saw bitcoin is pseudo anonymous,they found monero and zcash to be fully anonymous and started to buy it.Now,bitcoin has investors globally and it does not need support of dark markets any more.So,it has no effect on bitcoin price.
lecongnhan123

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:46:04 PM

Yeah it has been common recently and it is really one reason that Bitocin became so famouse. It's also a reason why some countries do not want to legalize Bitcoin, they don't want to risk their countries.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:48:23 PM

Already been use in many illegal transaction and a lot by the terrorist in many country a very easy way to get paid without getting any trace it to paid by bitcoin you can also buy illegal guns or drugs online using this cryptocurrency bitcoin just go do deep web.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:02:56 PM

Already been use in many illegal transaction and a lot by the terrorist in many country a very easy way to get paid without getting any trace it to paid by bitcoin you can also buy illegal guns or drugs online using this cryptocurrency bitcoin just go do deep web.
A precise answer, but sharing this kind of knowledge here is quite 'very informative' in a illegal basis. So informative that it could give these people idea where they can do such a thing.

Maybe that's why 'terrorism' still exist, why? Because of this god damn politics, they just wanted to have a revolution, wanted to just manipulate these people and turn them to criminals, in exchange of fiat of course.
Kompodd

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:05:28 PM

I think that criminals can be tracked, because they will make too expensive purchases and they will not even help the anonymity of bitcoins. Criminals also use other types of currencies, but bitcoin may seem to them to be better in terms of security.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: