Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB @ 0.20 BTC + parcel -> Shipping to anywhere!  (Read 54526 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:15:47 PM

Just a small tip for anyone having issues getting them detected by cgminer, I had to use version 3.1.1 and specify many -S /dev/ttyUSB0 arguments. I've got 4 mining away while I'm at work, will get all of them running at home tonight!
How do you specify those arguments?  Can you post your commands? With x'ed out user/pass of course.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:31:51 PM

Just a small tip for anyone having issues getting them detected by cgminer, I had to use version 3.1.1 and specify many -S /dev/ttyUSB0 arguments. I've got 4 mining away while I'm at work, will get all of them running at home tonight!
How do you specify those arguments?  Can you post your commands? With x'ed out user/pass of course.
From what I understand 3.1.1 is cgminer <arguments u normally use> --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1 ... for Linux and cgminer-nogpu <arguments u normally use> --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM1 -S \\.\COM2 ... for Windows. But you need to install drivers first in win and do some compiling in linux...
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:35:28 PM

Newsletter #2

https://i.imgur.com/75IWiC7.jpg

Dear Buyer,

An order for 80 Block Erupter USBs was placed with ASICMiner on 5th June 2013:

1334c0d9f132e53e896c2478ef2eb011403a38f73128208464cfb28663d2e891

This is the second batch of this Group Buy. The buyers who paid their pre-order up to 31st May 2013 are going to participate in the second batch, including buyers from the first batch with remaining Block Erupter USBs to receive.

Third Batch

To allow later buyers to participate in the group buy; a third batch is going to be ordered by 11th June 2013 (23:59 UTC).

The group buy is closed to payment by alternative methods. There is no liquidity at the moment to pay more orders with the outstanding funds.

Dispatch Mistakes

The first batch was completely dispatched to all buyers who paid before 27/05/2013 (23:59 UTC). However I made some mistakes and a few buyers which were supposedly to be part of the second batch are going to receive their pre-order in advance. This directly affects some buyers which are part of the first batch. To cover the loss caused by my mistakes I have developed a plan to compensate the affected buyers.

Compensation Plan

All buyers from the first batch who do not receive the original number of Block Erupter USBs pre-ordered are entitled to request compensation. I am going to cover the buyer’s investment loss with a refund based on the assumption that each missing Block Erupter USB was delivered. So after the pre-order containing missing Block Erupter USBs is delivered I am going to compensate the buyer based on the device’s mining capacity. The total amount to be paid is equal to the estimated amount produced per day multiplied by the number of days which the missing Block Erupter USBs could be working until its replacement is delivered. The compensation will be paid only when the buyer receives the missing Block Erupter USBs.

E.g.

A buyer received only 2 Block Erupter USBs on 07/06/2013. The buyer ordered 4 devices and is part of the first batch. The missing devices are only going to be delivered at a later date. This buyer is entitled to receive 0.02165618 BTC (0.01082809 * 2) per day after 07/06/2013. The compensation will last up to the date that the buyer receives the missing Block Erupter USBs.

The affected buyers are also free of any additional expenses required to ship the missing Block Erupter USBs.

Parcel Refund

Once the group buy is closed all buyers are going to receive a refund from parcel costs which were not expended to deliver the devices. Each buyer will receive a newsletter specifying the available amount for refund and how to proceed to receive a refund.

Buyers which required fast delivery and did not receive the parcel in the expected time could claim a refund from the Parcelforce company. To claim the refund it is necessary to present proof the parcel was not available for collection up the promised delivery date. This is necessary to accelerate the process of refunding. Any buyer wishing to claim the refund must contact me by electronic message to start the request.

Time Estimations

I expect  to start dispatching the Block Erupter USBs from the second batch by 10th June 2013 and the Block Erupter USBs of the third batch by 13th June 2013.

All buyers should have their pre-orders delivered by 19th June 2013.
rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:50:07 AM

I can buying a couple more to going with batch 3 and not be affecting already 15 for batch 2 delivery?
DanBUK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 08:54:02 AM

I'm running on linux like this:
Code:
/opt/cgminer/bin/cgminer -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u DanBUK_1 -p XXXXX -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1 -S /dev/ttyUSB2 -S /dev/ttyUSB3 -S /dev/ttyUSB4 -S /dev/ttyUSB5 -S /dev/ttyUSB6 -S /dev/ttyUSB7 -S /dev/ttyUSB8 -S /dev/ttyUSB9
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:09:23 PM

I can buying a couple more to going with batch 3 and not be affecting already 15 for batch 2 delivery?

Yes, it is possible to participate in the batch 3 without affect the pre-order for batch 2.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:55:19 PM

I know A+C is busy.
I don't mean anything negative, but just to give a shout that I'm still here and waiting.
People tends to forget about people who are silent.  Wink

Also.....a few people with timestamp of 29th and 30th got their order shipped......

That is true! I messed up with the order when using 'data -> sort' in the OpenOffice spreadsheet...

Undecided

However I will compensate anyone affected by this mistake. I will also refund the parcel cost not used to cover the re-shipment. I am learning how difficult is to estimate parcel costs and prepare international parcels to dispatch.

Keep tuned in, lads and lassies.

Augusto,

today I've received two units out of my five, see index 30 in your spreadsheet.

I don't want any compensation, apart from receiving my three remaining units. Smiley

spiccioli
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:10:58 PM

Received 2 of my units today, they are working great on raspberrypi with minepeon Smiley

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
NR3000

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

Received 2 of my units today, they are working great on raspberrypi with minepeon Smiley
They working just out of the box? You do not need anything to upgrade? Can you explain more please:)

bobsmith652

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:02:40 PM

I notice that the square chip closest to the LED is the hottest.  Are you planning on sticking the heat sinks on this chip, or the heat spreader on the underside?
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:11:52 PM

They working just out of the box? You do not need anything to upgrade? Can you explain more please:)

1. plug the miner into a powered usb hub
2. configure pools on the web interface of minepeon.
3. modify   /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service add this to start options "--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1" (this is for 2 devices)
4.reload systemctl : systemctl daemon-reload
5.start bfgminer : systemctl start bfgminer
6.maybe cgminer was started automaticaly, stop it : systemctl stop cgminer.service

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
ndr76

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:52:55 PM

I notice that the square chip closest to the LED is the hottest.  Are you planning on sticking the heat sinks on this chip, or the heat spreader on the underside?

Both front and back if I can.
For the moment I stuck 4 of this little square copper heat sinks on the back plate, but the thing is still too damn hot.
I'm planning to remove them and attach a spare i5 heat sink I have lying around, problem is the 2 screws on the back plate don't let me place it properly, but I'm thinking of a solution.
The i5 heat sink I have is about 10cm wide and looks like this: http://www.ayagroup.com/images/D/E41997-002_2.jpg
See what I mean? That should take care of it right ?? ;-) It's so big that should be all right even as a passive cooler with the fan off.
The chip closest to the led is the one marked with "BE100" and it's the hottest because it's the chip that does all the hashing work, as it was also mentioned in a another thread.
It will sure be nice to stick a heat sink on that chip, the problem is that it is so small that those copper heat sinks I have might not stick to it firmly. And if for some reason it detaches and touches other pins on the board it might short circuit and burn the whole thing, and I don't want to risk it. If I find a smaller heat sink I will do it though.
bobsmith652

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:17:19 PM

I was thinking of something that clamps on the back and on the chip and extends a way out would be ideal, but I have no way of fabricating this.  There is not much room between mine in the tower style hubs I bought.
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

Received 10 black in color miners today. Thanks A+C.

Japs2013

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:22:09 PM

I received mine, it's working great Cheesy Thanks Augusto! It's funny to see such a small thing almost outperforming my GPU

spegelius

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:35:50 PM

Also got 3 of 6 yesterday. Working great, thanks A+C.

Running them with rPi and powered USB2.0 hub. They do seem to generate some HW errors, but doesn't seem to affect hashrate. I have a fan blowing air over them, so the aluminum heatspreader isn't too hot to touch. Don't know about the little chips on the other side, though...

When the last 3 arrive, i plan to attach them to a large heatsink i have, which has enough surface for all of them. This will require extension cables for the Eruptors, but that doesn't seem to be a problem as i mined few hours with all 3 on different length cables (longest is about 2 meters long)

Then again, they mined equally well without any additional cooling, so i'm wondering what the thermal specs of these actually are. But extra cooling will give always mean longer life span, so extra cooling it is.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:57:17 PM

For those who received it, did you have to sign anything when you were delivered?

I used my office address, which is closed on Saturdays, and the tracking tells me it was delivered today. That leaves only two options, someone at my office is working extra today and signed for it, or they just dropped the parcel in the box without anyone signing for it.

Thanks for your answer!
Japs2013

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:02:08 PM

For those who received it, did you have to sign anything when you were delivered?

I used my office address, which is closed on Saturdays, and the tracking tells me it was delivered today. That leaves only two options, someone at my office is working extra today and signed for it, or they just dropped the parcel in the box without anyone signing for it.

Thanks for your answer!

When it was delivered here I did sign, the airsure sticker on the package however states "No sig req"

tingwahk

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Thanks for your answer!

I had to sign for mine
ndr76

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:56:19 PM

I've been trying to use:
--icarus-timing short
instead of:
--icarus-timing 3.0=100

It seems to be giving me a little more speed: about 335 MH/s instead of 334 MH/s

These options are explained in the file FPGA-README in cgminer source code.
The "short" options basically finds the timing by calculating it and periodically adjusting it in the first hour it runs. You will see a message in the log about these adjustments every once in a while if you try it.
The "3.0=100" is probably a safe timing that works fine for every unit. The thing is that all sticks are not exactly the same and some units might be able to cope with a slightly better timing value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: