Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:49:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to store ICO tokens?  (Read 7028 times)
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:29:19 PM

Where do you guys store your other (non-ERC20) coins/tokens?

I am using myetherwallet for ERC20 coins, find it good and easy to use. Which coins are you referring to? There are specific wallet for the coin. Maybe you would like to tell us which coins are you trying to store, we can try to suggest the wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:32:10 PM

Where do you guys store your other (non-ERC20) coins/tokens?

I am using myetherwallet for ERC20 coins, find it good and easy to use. Which coins are you referring to? There are specific wallet for the coin. Maybe you would like to tell us which coins are you trying to store, we can try to suggest the wallet.

Well for instance, Wagerr and VIacoin. And Tezos next week. Those tokens/coins are not compatible with MyEtherWallet. Is there a Wallet in which I can store all coins that I purchase?
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:35:34 PM

For ERC20 based coins you can always enter the custom setting in myetherwallet(address, name & decimal) and then check your ERC20 coin balance. This might help- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KaqCduaMM

kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

I do send my ICO token to my trading platform ethereum wallet. I do think this the best thing to do as it makes it easier for me to follow my token earning. Poloniex account is one of the safest account you can have as most of the coins that are at the ICO level will definitely going to be trade at poloniex.

Well Polo is not the safest place if you are planning to hodl them for log. Don't forget Mtgox  Grin
Just keep in mind, if you do not own the private keys, you do not own the coins. Moreover I don't like the way polo has been behaving in the last few days.

thunderbox0388

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:54:39 PM

Guys, I'm a little confused with myetherwallet. I added a custom token (Token A) and can see it although it is at 0 as i don't believe the tokens have been released yet, i added another token (Token B) using the same private key but on a different computer and i can only see that Token (B) on the 2nd computer.
Can i import the other Token (A) to the second computer and vice versa?
DragonSlayer

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:05:32 PM

The most trusted site to store our ICO tokens if it is using an Ethereum contract is the MyEtherWallet(MEW) and if the tokens are in waves contract then used waveswallet.io since this wallets are the most safest one to store our balance with and you should be carefull since there are so many phising attempt scattering and be cautious upon pasting your privatekeys.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:10:24 PM

Very popular if its a Eth based token then the best way to keep is through myetherwallet. But much better if the devs of that token does have their own supported wallet. That's more trustworthy but MEW is the most popular and I wont store it to any exchange unless I will sell.
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Nothing beats a Ledger or a Trezor, but MyEtherWallet is the next best thing. Don't store your private keys online. Print it out and store it somewhere safe. I also keep a copy @ my parents place.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:26:11 PM

Myetherwallet (MEW) is actually very simple to use. But you have to be very careful of phishing websites acting as MEW and try to scam your private key. Here a guide on MEW.

https://masterthecrypto.com/opening-myetherwallet-mew-wallet/
gayan7788

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

I think better in store erc 20 token nana ledger ,it is safe ,i think mew is 100% not safe,
itsmejan

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:32:57 PM

in their wallet, LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
fzavertuk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:55:22 PM

I store my tokens on ethereum. It's convenient for me. And so you can scatter a few wallets. So the way it will be easier
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

So where can I store ICO tokens that are built on Ethereum ERC20 Tokens

I know of Myetherwallet but its confusing to me.

I know you can send the ErC20 tokens to any Ether wallet, but where would i see the breakdown of how many I have in a wallet?

If MEW is too complicated for you to understand, try metamask. But if you do not understand it, then I would think, and whether it is worth doing cryptocurrency at all. The Internet is full of instructions and training materials.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
dangcaohung

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 06:02:46 PM

2 options: if you have money and own huge a mount of ico token you can store it in a ledger wallet. If its more and you think it is not worth money to spend money for a wallet so store and MEW and use meta mask
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:31:32 AM

I know you can send the ErC20 tokens to any Ether wallet, but where would i see the breakdown of how many I have in a wallet?

I think myetherwallet is a good wallet to store your ICO token (ERC20), why should you be confused? because myetherwallet is very easy to use.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:35:02 AM

Actually the best way is to create a designated wallet if the ICO has it, but if not still Myetherwallet is the best choice since its one of the most used not to mention it is the safest too, if its confusing to you try understanding it because it will only cause you sometime and not your token if you try other wallet that is unsafe but is easy to use it can cause you all of your coins.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Bunmi1989

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:06:22 AM

I use imtoken it is a great app for receiving and storing ERC-20 tokens. Give it a try and you will love it and it work well on both iOS and androids
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:09:42 AM

You can store your highly valued token in an hardware wallet like ledger nano etc. You can also make cold storage through various wallet designated for your kind of token! If you can not be bother to do any of these suggestion, you could sell your token to bitcoin or ether and use popular wallet known for safety to keep your coin!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
gosiloer

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:10:32 AM

The eth wallet can store most of the erc20 tokens, most of which are erc20 tokens, except for those that have their own encryption for the main network and need their own encryption wallets.

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:20:09 AM

Ledger Nano S, thats what they made for people like you and me!  Wink

The best security of all time and it is almost offline wallet with hardware protection. It is also anti-phishing and anti-virus protected so there no chances it can get hacked whenever you connect it to the PC you are using.

I already have bought one at the year start and im enjoying the storage of it greatly. Its useful because you can create nice portfolio in it with password protection (PIN 4 digits) and dont make unwanted sells when crypto drops. (My observation).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: