Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61375 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

Heatledger has no open source wallet available. Are you going to fix that soon?
Closed source server is deliberate corporate strategy. Server code is intended to be open sourced still this year, which will make some 3rd party exchangers, and no doubt some competitors and cloners happier. Wallet client (UI) is open source currently.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:54:24 AM

Can someone trusted list bismuth?
It's getting the same hype as XEL and it needs an exchange.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896497.820;topicseen
Someone could indeed list that on Heatwallet, or on the HEAT decentralized network with their own skinned exchange website and get quite a few Bitcoins in gateway profits without too much effort.

Awesome, gonna bump for a possibility that someone does that.

scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:23:11 PM

Hey, I actually like the project, but currently observing something strange with my node that was working ok before

I have server running, but not mining until I see a sync, because I keep getting same error message over and over
"Downloaded block from ... not accepted"
"invalid time stamp"
and so on

It tries many different ip addresses... Am I doing something wrong?

I've erased blockchain several times and even erased everything and reinstalled and switched IP

Really puzzled what this issue has to do with. I haven't really made significant changes to it. It was working ok for months but can't get it to sync last week.

Am I connecting to bad nodes? Should I add better nodes somehow?
GTTIGER

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:56:31 AM

Can someone trusted list bismuth?
It's getting the same hype as XEL and it needs an exchange.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896497.820;topicseen
Someone could indeed list that on Heatwallet, or on the HEAT decentralized network with their own skinned exchange website and get quite a few Bitcoins in gateway profits without too much effort.

Awesome, gonna bump for a possibility that someone does that.
I will throw in 100 dollars worth of btc for someone that does this.

It improves the publicity for heat. You can also probably make money from the fees - there are a lot of OTC trades as of now.

The more people that trade on heat the more useful the platform. Coin value can increase from things like this.

scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:37:18 AM

Hey, I actually like the project, but currently observing something strange with my node that was working ok before

I have server running, but not mining until I see a sync, because I keep getting same error message over and over
"invalid time stamp"
and so on

I've erased blockchain several times and even erased everything and reinstalled and switched IP

Really puzzled what this issue has to do with. I haven't really made significant changes to it. It was working ok for months but can't get it to sync last week.

I was messing with the node, and fixed issue by doing all of the following at once

1. disable small packets on vpn
2. increase ram by 1 GB to 4 GB total
3. changing ip, erasing blockchain, waiting few hours, and resyncing again

cheers
nsmallt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:42:45 AM

We will keep this community informed over the next weeks.
Crapsy

Activity: 465

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:13:17 AM

"invalid time stamp"
and so on

I was messing with the node, and fixed issue by doing all of the following at once

1. disable small packets on vpn
2. increase ram by 1 GB to 4 GB total
3. changing ip, erasing blockchain, waiting few hours, and resyncing again

cheers

The timestamp issue pops up when your os is out of sync. Just sync up your time and everything will be instantly fine.
GTTIGER

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:13:43 AM

Will heat ever dive into derivatives? Alternatively, perhaps heat tech could be used by a different company that wants to work on derivatives. Do you have any patents on the tech? I believe I have heard you guys talk about licensing, how does that conflict with the open nature of your code?

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:45:51 PM

Will heat ever dive into derivatives? Alternatively, perhaps heat tech could be used by a different company that wants to work on derivatives. Do you have any patents on the tech? I believe I have heard you guys talk about licensing, how does that conflict with the open nature of your code?
HEAT's server code is still closed source. We intend to claim sufficient headstart for practical applications before open sourcing it, so some flow from possible duplicated platforms would flow into HEAT.

Licensing HEAT tech for industrial scale or trading applications doesn't contradict open source. Consider the fair examples of Linux and MySQL.

Derivatives on existing platforms are just like any other tokens, and suitable as such to be traded on HEAT, either in the decentralized HEAT blockchain or a private chain of a customer. Looking at all the development towards higher levels of autonomy and decentralization in the cryptosphere, much still unseen trading applications including derivatives will be possible on HEAT in the future.

GTTIGER

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:42:54 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 02:13:53 AM by GTTIGER

HEAT's server code is still closed source. We intend to claim sufficient headstart for practical applications before open sourcing it, so some flow from possible duplicated platforms would flow into HEAT.

Licensing HEAT tech for industrial scale or trading applications doesn't contradict open source. Consider the fair examples of Linux and MySQL.

Derivatives on existing platforms are just like any other tokens, and suitable as such to be traded on HEAT, either in the decentralized HEAT blockchain or a private chain of a customer. Looking at all the development towards higher levels of autonomy and decentralization in the cryptosphere, much still unseen trading applications including derivatives will be possible on HEAT in the future.
Great answers Cheesy
I don't really understand the community's pessimism on this project. Sure updates could be more frequent, however.. The tech is clearly being worked on. The best thing is that heats staking means that people holding and believing in the team will greatly be rewarded.

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:00:54 AM

Bismuth (BIS) has been added to heatnodes.org and there is also a new gateway into heatwallet. See: http://heatnodes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/bis-heat-ae.pdf
Nice work! Heatnodes is the prime example how 3rd parties can do business and add coins to be exchanged on the decentralized HEAT network autonomously even without any assistance from Heat Ledger Ltd.

Vkilu

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:02:38 AM

How can I buy HEAT ??   Grin Grin Grin
c4s7or

Activity: 535

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:44:41 AM

Are there some problems lately? I didnt get a reward for forging since a long time.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 05:51:46 PM

Haven't really seen anything unusual in my own mining. Variations yes but nothing significant. Q4 seems to be stacking up with updates Smiley And gh2, great job!
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 07:25:41 AM

How can I buy HEAT ??   Grin Grin Grin

Navigate to www.heatwallet.com and follow the instructions of this video Smiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lGhj2Dwqg That video is a short introduction to the wallet and the use of it.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 02:22:51 PM

Update on the progress achieved during the 3rd quarter of 2017; Most work done during this period is still at this moment invisible outside the company and thus progress may seem slow. However several of our development routes are nearing completion / release stage. Q4 thus looks quite crowded on HEAT related news starting from approx. mid-October if not earlier.

- Microservices (DAPP - decentralized applications 100% complete) release pending preparation of functional samples (5% complete)
- HEAT SDK client side libraries were released at https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heat-sdk to help with applications and eg. microservices
- Certified Assets BCH and IGNIS were made available on the HEAT gateway during Q3. @gh2 added Bismuth although not certified, well usable and trusted. BTC/Renmimbi pair was added by a Chinese community member, implicating scaling up trading on Chinese market, however further info isn't available.
- Accounting for FY 2016-2017 ending July 31st is still in progress. Figures will be made available for the Heat Ledger Ltd options issuance and public equity sale, currently planned by the end of 2017.
- Balance leasing is 100% complete, pending server release until UI has been modified to accommodate for leasing data and block stats. Network wide mandatory hard fork will be scheduled to enable balance leasing.
- Updates of Heatwallet.com UI to v2.1.0, including ident data for orders and past trades, leasing
- Nearly half of Q3 was spent on EUR token gateway arrangements and software, now 90% complete, design and branding integration ongoing.
- Mobile HEAT Wallet app on Android prototype has been tested, feature limited alpha with Send HEAT, Create / Import account and Blockchain explorer functionality will be available shortly
- Joint Venture on interesting 3rd party use case should be announced pretty soon. Demo version of the app working on HEAT blockchain has been demonstrated to us
- Joint Venture with a small financial institution seeking to use HEAT blockchain as systems backend and source funding through ITO on HEAT has progressed to contract evaluation phase
- Crowdfunding licensing process has been entered into.
- Unified web portal under development
- Improved BTC gateway with automated and more secure handling of user BTC, involving hardware setup and processes is approx. 70% complete. When complete, the model can be used for several crypto gateways including Eth.

The HEAT support email hasn't been able to cope well on serving requests. If you have urgent matters, please use private messaging directly to me on Bitcointalk, Heatledger.net or Slack.

Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:48:23 PM

Update on the progress achieved during the 3rd quarter of 2017; Most work done during this period is still at this moment invisible outside the company and thus progress may seem slow. However several of our development routes are nearing completion / release stage. Q4 thus looks quite crowded on HEAT related news starting from approx. mid-October if not earlier.

- Microservices (DAPP - decentralized applications 100% complete) release pending preparation of functional samples (5% complete)
- HEAT SDK client side libraries were released at https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heat-sdk to help with applications and eg. microservices
- Certified Assets BCH and IGNIS were made available on the HEAT gateway during Q3. @gh2 added Bismuth although not certified, well usable and trusted. BTC/Renmimbi pair was added by a Chinese community member, implicating scaling up trading on Chinese market, however further info isn't available.
- Accounting for FY 2016-2017 ending July 31st is still in progress. Figures will be made available for the Heat Ledger Ltd options issuance and public equity sale, currently planned by the end of 2017.
- Balance leasing is 100% complete, pending server release until UI has been modified to accommodate for leasing data and block stats. Network wide mandatory hard fork will be scheduled to enable balance leasing.
- Updates of Heatwallet.com UI to v2.1.0, including ident data for orders and past trades, leasing
- Nearly half of Q3 was spent on EUR token gateway arrangements and software, now 90% complete, design and branding integration ongoing.
- Mobile HEAT Wallet app on Android prototype has been tested, feature limited alpha with Send HEAT, Create / Import account and Blockchain explorer functionality will be available shortly
- Joint Venture on interesting 3rd party use case should be announced pretty soon. Demo version of the app working on HEAT blockchain has been demonstrated to us
- Joint Venture with a small financial institution seeking to use HEAT blockchain as systems backend and source funding through ITO on HEAT has progressed to contract evaluation phase
- Crowdfunding licensing process has been entered into.
- Unified web portal under development
- Improved BTC gateway with automated and more secure handling of user BTC, involving hardware setup and processes is approx. 70% complete. When complete, the model can be used for several crypto gateways including Eth.

The HEAT support email hasn't been able to cope well on serving requests. If you have urgent matters, please use private messaging directly to me on Bitcointalk, Heatledger.net or Slack.

That is what I call an update! The times in the near future are indeed looking very exciting. Kudos to the team.
Ebrelus

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:06:58 AM

Like i said some time ago. It starts looking really promising!
c4s7or

Activity: 535

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:42:19 PM

Nice so see this. I was a bit scared lately cause it seemed like there isnt much going on.
netnutter

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:44:34 PM

music to my ears!  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: