Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:57:41 PM

Todays samples of using heat-sdk
We'll be focusing on further completion of heat-sdk for now.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/heat-sdk

This is still impressive of what they have been working on, this should be the topic not some angry trolls.
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:47:03 PM

Hmm, buying after an extreme amount of fud. How unexpected. It's almost like someone wants heat low so that they can have more.

c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

The point is if every second post comes from the same person it isnt a warning or an opinion or criticism anymore. Its just fucking spam  Angry
Crapsy

Activity: 465

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:03:53 AM

The point is if every second post comes from the same person it isnt a warning or an opinion or criticism anymore. Its just fucking spam  Angry

Yes, no need to pay _ANY_ attention to the crap posted by some parties(party) here. Even the smallest, faintest idea of criticism has turned into delusional creating of spam.

I see a nice little gain of momentum happening. Interest gathering around the project and many things on the verge of happening.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:59:12 PM

The point is if every second post comes from the same person it isnt a warning or an opinion or criticism anymore. Its just fucking spam  Angry

Yes, no need to pay _ANY_ attention to the crap posted by some parties(party) here. Even the smallest, faintest idea of criticism has turned into delusional creating of spam.

I see a nice little gain of momentum happening. Interest gathering around the project and many things on the verge of happening.

And then they disappear when the coin reaches it's true value and beyond, its basic fudding but they always disappear once the project starts to show success
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:32:46 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 02:03:04 PM by LemonAndFriesOne

Can an updated guide be written for setting up a VPS for heatnode?

I know it's essentially the same but adding a leasing guide would help.
jaxx88

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:49:47 PM

I also need a bit of help with the guide.
Took a ARM64-2GB from scaleway and did everything.
At the first start, I get
[main] INFO  com.heatledger.persist.BlocksStore - Initializing blocks store
[main] INFO  c.h.persist.PublicKeyMapImproved - Initializing public key store
[main] INFO  c.heatledger.persist.UnconfirmedPool - Initializing unconfirmed transactions
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.sun.jna.Native.toNative(Native.java:1736)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.hash.impl.util.jna.PosixMsync.msync(Native Method)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.hash.impl.util.jna.PosixMsync.msync(PosixMsync.java:32)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.hash.impl.VanillaChronicleHash.msync(VanillaChronicleHash.java:860)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.hash.impl.VanillaChronicleHash.msync(VanillaChronicleHash.java:846)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.map.ChronicleMapBuilder.commitChronicleMapReady(ChronicleMapBuilder.java:404)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.map.ChronicleMapBuilder.createWithNewFile(ChronicleMapBuilder.java:1675)

At the second start I get
[main] INFO  com.heatledger.persist.SimpleStore - Initializing simple store
[main] INFO  com.heatledger.persist.RestorableMap - Attempt `effective` map recovery /whatever/heatledger-2.0.0/blockchain/effective
net.openhft.chronicle.hash.ChronicleHashRecoveryFailedException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.openhft.chronicle.map.ChronicleMapBuilder.openWithExistingFile(ChronicleMapBuilder.java:1723)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.map.ChronicleMapBuilder.createWithFile(ChronicleMapBuilder.java:1515)
        at net.openhft.chronicle.map.ChronicleMapBuilder.recoverPersistedTo(ChronicleMapBuilder.java:1483)
        at com.heatledger.persist.RestorableMap.build(RestorableMap.java:145)
        at com.heatledger.persist.RestorableMapBuilder.build(RestorableMapBuilder.java:85)
        at com.heatledger.persist.VersionedMap.<init>(VersionedMap.java:119)
        at com.heatledger.persist.EffectiveBalanceMap$3.<init>(EffectiveBalanceMap.java:100)
        at com.heatledger.persist.EffectiveBalanceMap.<init>(EffectiveBalanceMap.java:98)
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:18:01 PM

Chronicle procedures may need 4GB but I'm not really the expert on that. Dennis will comment when he's back at office during the next days.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:42:22 PM

Is there a way to sign a lease TX offline indefinitely (offline computer) the somehow broadcasting that instead of specifying amounts of blocks? If i need to, what is the max block number?

Max is 300,000 blocks. But after one block you can issue a next lease which can again be 300,000 blocks and starts the moment the first lease ends.
With heat-sdk you can create the lease transaction offline, sign it and broadcast it. (but this is through code, just a few lines of javascript, that you could run locally in your browser)
Through heat wallet you can do the same by opening the Lease Balance dialog.

Can you give me the steps to do this?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jaxx88

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:16:53 AM

Is this an expected response when I start forging, from the API?
{"deadline":0,"hitTime":0}

Also, desktop wallet says "Unknown virtual account"
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:59:04 AM

Forging isn't turned on in that case, indicating a problem. When it works properly you get a deadline and hittime other than 0.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

jaxx88

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:58:05 AM

Forging isn't turned on in that case, indicating a problem. When it works properly you get a deadline and hittime other than 0.

Any indication on where should I start to look for issues? Or a known side effect of [insert-reason-here]? Nothing popped into my eyes from the verbose logging of the server into the wallet application
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:17:09 AM

Any indication on where should I start to look for issues? Or a known side effect of [insert-reason-here]? Nothing popped into my eyes from the verbose logging of the server into the wallet application

Hi, just to make sure, you do have the 64-bit java jdk installed? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

And also the newest release? https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatledger/releases/tag/v2.0.0

If running on Windows the java environment setup is crucial. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1672281/environment-variables-for-java-installation
jaxx88

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:26:56 AM

For windows I installed JRE 64 bit and am pretty sure that stuff works fine. The only issue for the windows environment is mining/forging. Here I used the wallet+server release.

For the hosted linux environment stuff is still unclear. In this environment I used the server release + JDK specified in the installation steps (pdf).

One thing I observed is that server release uses the new API as per configuration and for the wallet+server in windows, legacy API is enabled.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 11:54:37 AM

For windows I installed JRE 64 bit and am pretty sure that stuff works fine. The only issue for the windows environment is mining/forging. Here I used the wallet+server release.

For the hosted linux environment stuff is still unclear. In this environment I used the server release + JDK specified in the installation steps (pdf).

One thing I observed is that server release uses the new API as per configuration and for the wallet+server in windows, legacy API is enabled.

Are the coins in your account mature? They need 1440 transactions before mining/forging can be executed. And what comes to Java, I've only heard of the jdk to work.
jaxx88

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:48:39 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 04:54:57 PM by jaxx88

Can you expand on coins maturing?

What coins? HEAT, BTC or others?
I have 0 coins of anything in the HEAT wallet.
Is there a prerequisite I'm missing?

LE: Do I need my node to be accessible from the internet? Right now it lies behind a modem & router combination
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:38:36 PM

Well there's your problem, you can't just get anything from nothing.

You need some Heat to forge, I think it is 1000 HEAT.

You can't just turn on the oven in your kitchen and expect a pizza to magically pop out in 20 minutes.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

You can't just turn on the oven in your kitchen and expect a pizza to magically pop out in 20 minutes.

Yes, as LemonAndFriesOne already addressed the issue... HEAT is a Proof of Stake concept at the moment (later also PoP), so you need to invest in some HEAT before you can stake them. The monthly ROI is about 4,4% at the moment.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

Yes, as LemonAndFriesOne already addressed the issue... HEAT is a Proof of Stake concept at the moment (later also PoP), so you need to invest in some HEAT before you can stake them. The monthly ROI is about 4,4% at the moment.

nice to see the project progressing and people keep stacking like me.
Crapsy

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:29:56 AM

nice to see the project progressing and people keep stacking like me.

Q4 has been waited for forever. Hard fork and upcoming features will rock the moon out of this project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: