Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61348 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
VonGraff

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:47:33 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 06:40:53 AM by VonGraff

Update on heatpool fee structure and some other rules:
I was stunned earlier today to see that the forging pool success is huge, with a current total stake just surpassing the 1M HEAT line! While I enjoy the enthusiasm, I must say that this makes it highly complicated to use my manual calculations on a day to day basis, as per day more than 100 blocks will be forged and the API does not even go beyond those 100 blocks (I use the API currently for a query in Excel). At the same time I also want to state that while I wanted to keep my pool free, I actually want to take a part of this back by installing a progressive fee structure to cover my efforts during the day (which are higher than anticipated), as well as to encourage big holders perhaps also to start creating a HEAT node of their own to improve the overall network stability AND also by getting some more donations towards the HEAT lottery which should serve as an additional driver to create your own node for staking. There is a great guide on heatnodes.org which can be used for this one, on a cheap VPS with Linux.

So without further ado, find below my updated fee structure for the heatpool, based on the amount of HEAT per holder (effective immediately for new lessors; current lessors remain free for their remaining leasing period):
  • <10K HEAT: 0% (free)
  • Between 10k and 25k: 0.5% for me as pool owner, 0.25% towards the HEAT node lottery
  • Between 25k and 50k: 1% for me as pool owner, 0.5% towards the HEAT node lottery
  • Above 50k: 1.5% for me as pool owner, 0.5% towards the HEAT node lottery

Some additional rules I would like to install from now on (effective immediately)
  • Rewards payouts should be requested not more often than once per week. Your cumulative rewards are included in your stake in the calculation, so no need to do more regular payouts
  • Please do not ask for reward payouts if there is hardly anything to payout, which I consider everything below 5 HEAT
  • As mentioned in my earlier instructions, I will only process the payout upon your request in the heatwallet
  • For a leasing period, don't use anything below 10000 blocks as it won't bring you much + I have a challenge in notifying those due to my manual daily check.

I hope you all understand the rationale behind this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinMenX

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:06:21 PM

how about to register slack group? I am newbie
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:51:03 PM

how about to register slack group? I am newbie

is there already a group?

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:16:33 PM

https://heat-slack.herokuapp.com/

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

CoinMenX

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:11:20 AM

ok thank you, i am joining now Smiley
spendawgs

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:14:41 AM

So I'm forging (I think), checked the report page and my IP is listed. My question...: How can a put a username on my HEAT address rather than "no name"?

Woof woof!!
KLONE

Activity: 264

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:50:33 AM

How can I move the Heat blockchain to another location?

I'm using Windows, and want to move the DB onto the D: drive

Any ideas ... ?

Is moving the DB to another drive impossible?
Jiddu

Activity: 390

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:56:15 AM

How can I move the Heat blockchain to another location?

I'm using Windows, and want to move the DB onto the D: drive

Any ideas ... ?

Is moving the DB to another drive impossible?

Just move the whole HEAT folder (bin, blockchain, conf etc.).
spendawgs

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:33:27 PM

My HEAT client is forging butnl itseems as though the block numbers are not tuencurrent ones. For example thebpast one was

block height # 667886

Does this mean I am mining/forging on the wrong chaine or something?Huh

Woof woof!!
VonGraff

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:58:02 AM

My HEAT client is forging butnl itseems as though the block numbers are not tuencurrent ones. For example thebpast one was

block height # 667886

Does this mean I am mining/forging on the wrong chaine or something?Huh

You can compare the latest pushed block from your server log with the blockchain explorer in Heat Wallet. At this very moment, the latest block is #846056 (13578340254574920229), pushed at 2017-11-19 12:57:00.

So you do not seem to be in sync. Are you running the latest server? You could delete the blockchain folder and try again. Always wait for the server to be fully in sync before starting to forge.
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:12:37 PM

unable to join heatslack, anybody care to help?
http://prntscr.com/hclv5h

Jiddu

Activity: 390

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:13:18 AM

unable to join heatslack, anybody care to help?
http://prntscr.com/hclv5h

Your visited address doesn't have the -
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:43:48 AM

I followed the link from main thread and there was no dash either, let's see how this one with dash goes on :-) Many thanks!

I suggest op to do the correction to main thread as well.

inarizushi

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:52:08 PM

Hello, I took part in the ICO in July 2016 and I can't find anywhere how I can claim my HEAT tokens. What shall I do?
Zick32

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:48:57 PM

Interesting project but no instant withdrawals is a huge flaw, noone will use that exchange until this is fixed. Also distribution is very very bad. Coin spread among couple of big holders is not a good sign. But I like your online wallet. Also this project not being on any exchanges makes it really suspicious, people are probably asking what is wrong with it, because when a coin is not listed on exchanges it usually means it is a scam (this is not the case here) or that it is an abandoned project. There are no proofs of scam and there is some work being done upon the project but there are no news on the website or any social media channel. Fix those things.
spendawgs

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:56:51 AM

Currently forging happily.

How can I put a name in the  (no name) spot next to my account number. I realize it can easily be done creating a new account... But for an old genesis account.. is it possible to get my @heatwallet.com address?

Woof woof!!
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:36:42 PM

How can I put a name in the  (no name) spot next to my account number. I realize it can easily be done creating a new account... But for an old genesis account.. is it possible to get my @heatwallet.com address?
It may be possible without a fork but you'd need a custom made java server or other software interacting with the java... which is tough as the source isn't publicly available. Such feature isn't in high demand, so we've flipped the mechanism and phased it out. In our previous tech all account name assignments were done separately afterwards.

Genesis accounts aren't recommended to be used continuously anyway (don't ask me the reasons Smiley )

Zick32

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:21:42 AM

The reply to my message was removed but I managed to read it, so will answer anyway. First of all, I am aware that the person who wrote it is a notorious fudder and troll here (I have read large part of the previous thread), so I understand why he is being censored here. Most of his posts are false accusations and attempts to skew the facts. Yes, facts are that there were delays but there is no proof those were manipulations done on purpose. Delays happen in every project it is hard to predict many factors and perhaps devs announced some things too early but that does not make them scammers (and calling them that is facts skewing that I mentioned). So let's not overexaggerate. And it applies to both sides, because hyping the project is equally damaging. And inbetween all the fud one important and valid information was hidden, that we should not ignore. It was mentioned that HEAT distribution is really bad and half of the coins are spread between 10 accounts. I must agree this is dangerous and very bad for any project. Most projects make it one of their goals in the ICO phase to distribute the coins to as many people as possible. Some ICOs are designed specifically to make this happen. Having half of the coins distributed among ten people, including two devs and one mayor holder, makes the distribution really bad and dangerous for new users and it simply does not make the project look good. This can be fixed though. There were mentions of second round of financing in the previous thread. And I do not mean IPO but there was significant amount of coins returned from one of the exchanges to be sold in further date. Perhaps this would be a good moment to make that sale happen in order to redistribute the coins more evenly. Unless you have other ideas to do this, consider this option. Lack of proper distribution is a big no for investors. Coin controlled by couple of users is not appealing.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:50:47 AM

Coin controlled by couple of users is not appealing.
Good point but this (couple of users) has never been the case with HEAT. There were the rich bunch in ICO yes, and accumulation after that  may have made it less optimal - we've not paid attention to that - however there's major redistribution going on in the recent months through sales from large genesis stakeholders.

The company has obtained, and is still getting, a considerable stake of HEAT through the C-CEX refund and since then by support purchases from market. This is good for the valuation and operations as originally there were nil HEAT reserved for company's operations (compare to what % ICOs nowadays reserve for the issuer). Part of these are intended to be used for redistribution along with the share sales.

c4s7or

Activity: 535

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:51:46 AM

I don't want to talk bad about the project but the development seems to be too slow to keep up with the high speed of the rest of the crypto world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: