Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:10:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HEAT Discussion and Technical info  (Read 61381 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
foggy1421

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:51:39 PM

Give it time, good projects take times. Hold and you wont regret.
Miner2525

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:34:34 PM

I'm having difficulties with the server app, i tried synching it a couple of times but i always get this:

Any suggestion on what to do?

HEAT is as fickle as a bitch in heat.  Delete heat_db dir.  If that don't work, delete blockchain dir.

KRYPTORAPORT

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

Can i claim bitcoin cash if stored bitcoins on my heat wallet? How can i do this? ;_;
It is serious problem
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 500

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 04:38:52 PM

Can i claim bitcoin cash if stored bitcoins on my heat wallet? How can i do this? ;_;
It is serious problem
No, due to technical reasons of the Heatwallet central BTC wallet, we can't go through the process of claiming any new Bitcoin fork coins. Thus BTC stored on Heatwallet can't receive complimentary forked coins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:14:51 PM

HEAT LEDGER 2.3.0 - BUG FIX

Heatledger 2.3.0

This is an optional server upgrade meant for forging nodes.
This upgrade fixes a bug encountered when we combine the virtual order matchers and forging blocks on the same machine.

Nodes below 2.1.0 will automatically be blacklisted with this version.

On startup a scan and validation of the blockchain will be performed one time, this happens automatically.

Because of the nature of the bug and this version being meant for server forging use, we have disabled both the virtual order matcher and the virtual account balances.
What this means is that if you use this server version to power a HEAT client you will have to wait for the next block before you see things in the client like balance updates, orders, order quantity updates, order cancelled status.

The virtual features will return in a next release together with the option to completely disable this for servers that are not used to power a full client. This saves resources when disabled.

https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatledger/releases/tag/v2.3.0

dreamax25

Activity: 365
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:36:22 PM

Give it time, good projects take times. Hold and you wont regret.
Yea, but as time passes by, people become impatient. But still usually the patient ones benefit from the impatient...
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:32:59 PM

https://heatwallet.com is back online and fully functional.
Server update 2.3.0 seems to have done the trick.

Miner2525

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:59:45 PM

Why isn't this coin valued at $1B or higher???

No hype.  And the obsessed dingleberry's ongoing FUD (which has been going on for literally years).
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:18:16 AM

No hype.  And the obsessed dingleberry's ongoing FUD (which has been going on for literally years).

I've never seen a project with such persistent fudders. Literally hundreds of posts buy 1 to 3 different people. It's like they have nothing better to do. I kind of hope they are fussing so that they can accumulate more, otherwise.. I would question their use of time.

aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:14:34 AM

can anyone from heat team help me with the following transaction ids :

?

they are in air

aziernest

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:29:50 AM

MOST URGENT

balance disappeared, transactions disappeared, and balance is gone from both accounts (sender/receivers).I would appreciate if someone can help me connect to team leads here so I can provide as much details as possible and figure out what happened to my balance and how to recover it.

aziernest

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:18:20 AM

MOST URGENT

balance disappeared, transactions disappeared, and balance is gone from both accounts (sender/receivers).I would appreciate if someone can help me connect to team leads here so I can provide as much details as possible and figure out what happened to my balance and how to recover it.

verymuchso promptly responded to my queries and explained the issue in detail on slack, I encourage everyone to join slack [ https://heat-slack.herokuapp.com ] !

Thanks!

verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

No hype.  And the obsessed dingleberry's ongoing FUD (which has been going on for literally years).

I've never seen a project with such persistent fudders. Literally hundreds of posts buy 1 to 3 different people. It's like they have nothing better to do. I kind of hope they are fussing so that they can accumulate more, otherwise.. I would question their use of time.

Thats quite easy to explain: Usually fudders are not serious about their topics. They lie to manipulate the price.
In the case of HEAT, I absolutely believe in the righteousness of the cause.

Take the newest example. Yes, sure, there is progress. But I still fail to see its usefulness. Care to explain it? I asked a simple question...will it be applicable to a decentralized network and if so, by how much will it increase the tps?

So sorry, missed that simple question.

Yes absolutely it applies to a decentralized network (as in spanning the globe over the internet), that has been the whole point all along.

Please also ignore the baseless fud being thrown around.

HEAT's promise of a cryptocurrency that does 1000tps on cheap servers and user PC's is still what we are building towards.

We all know about the limitations of Ethereum and Bitcoin and given the expected rise in adoption these problems will only increase.
To solve that is no simple task and can only be done through optimization of almost all aspects that make a cryptocurrency.

The progress mentioned was a great leap towards reaching that final goal.

tetra

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:40:34 AM

Okay. In that case, HEAT is a worthwile SPECULATION.
Not more and not less. Weaknesses are also the size of the team (not entirely sure about that though, rumours about other team members have been around), the missing popularity or the isolation from exchanges

Miner2525

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:06:06 PM

We all know about the limitations of Ethereum and Bitcoin and given the expected rise in adoption these problems will only increase.
To solve that is no simple task and can only be done through optimization of almost all aspects that make a cryptocurrency.

And yet, Lightning Network developers claim it would enable up to millions of transactions per second, no?  Won't that render HEAT's "purist" on-chain scaling rather moot?  What's the use case for relatively "slow" on-chain scaling in such a future?
verymuchso

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:07:59 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 02:47:29 PM by verymuchso

And yet, Lightning Network developers claim it would enable up to millions of transactions per second, no?  Won't that render HEAT's "purist" on-chain scaling rather moot?  What's the use case for relatively "slow" on-chain scaling in such a future?

Lightning introduces some large parties to which we send all our funds. (introducing reliability on those parties)
Now we do all our transactions on the sub network between these large parties.
When needed the large parties will settle transfers between them on the bitcoin blockchain.

This leaves out the smaller parties to take part in the lightning network.
The success of Bitcoin has been the decentralization, adding centralization to it well thats basically what it is. Centralization.

No doubt one day HEAT will stop working on your average home PC and as with Bitcoin will require at least a decent internet size server with fast networking.

But with that in place I believe we are set and can have an on chain solution that does 10,000 or more txns a second and its still possible (encouraged even) for many hundreds or maybe thousands of nodes to take part in it. Sure it would cost you a few hundred a month on a decent server but POP (rewards for hosting of previous block archived) will reward you, how much that depends on the price of HEAT.

With that in place I do see a use case for HEAT which does the fast transactions and the massive storage divided over possibly many terrabytes of blockchain choped in pieces.

That last part is not what lightning offers.

And speaking of lightning, that actually needs a way to offload these lightning transactions. The HEAT blockchain could one day be great for such.

Edit:

As an addition to that, in order to operate your microservices you need to either run them on your own node or have them hosted on a node that is plugged into the transaction stream. If you'd ask me HEAT's real impact will be the way microservices allow anyone to operate cheap, fast and bank grade secure financial services all by themselves.

So as for the question what is the point of HEAT when there is Lightning network?
Well lightning doesnt provide the data stream for our microservices now does it!  Cool

rail2007

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:05:32 PM

what happens, I can not trade, I lose my position .. when it's finished

VonGraff

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:22:16 PM

I am still surprised (and delighted of course!) to see heatpool as the #2 forger in the total list of forgers at heatnodes.org. The current effective balance is around 1.5M HEAT, with most of the times around 35 lessors.

$64K question: Would I earn more HEAT leasing it to your mega-pool than running my own node?

Well, great question but it does depend on a few things: the amount of HEAT you stake yourself and the timing on which you base this. In principle rewards should even out, so while variance is high (higher on lower stakes) overall the forging ROI should be more or less the same as bigger accounts. Even for the pool, the variance is high. In November the ROI was 4.1%, in December it will be higher due to some server upgrades and not everyone who updated yet, I will create a new report again on the site at the beginning of January to share a quick analysis of the success rate.

At least you don't have to worry about managing and maintaining your server, so especially for people who won't be able to do this or have a rather low stake (<5k HEAT for example) my service can help. I am quite active in the Slack and am doing my best to keep the server running 24/7 (using VPS). So far this has been a success in my opinion and rewards are really good I'd say.
spendawgs

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:26:53 AM

Link to the non-official HEAT Telegram Chat group

https://t.me/joinchat/Gn1YuRDeakKBT7JKBO8JHw

Woof woof!!
okane818
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:44:09 AM

I loved this concept, I saw the platform well organized and good performance.

Best regards

Okane Satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: