Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:47:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
YellowRiver

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:01:13 AM

I think it is possible, we never know what will happen tomorrow or next month, now many big projects from various companies and of course the main mission of the project is to be the best and beat bitcoin.
I will show my disagreement here because I know the value of the bitcoin is increasing and soon it will become the world’s most wanted currency because of the high price and the increasing value. It is the time to make bitcoin more powerful and to invest the best amount in the bitcoin so that no currency will be able to defeat the bitcoin.
Bitcoin is unique and no other crypto can replace it and you can see the impact of bitcoin in near future how much important it is and as talking about other crypto nobody knows about any other currency everybody wants to invest in bitcoin because it is progressing day by day and it will be the global currency soon and all the crypto industry is kid of bitcoin and is depending on it.
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:19:28 AM

there is some possibilities that other coins in cryptocurrency would replace bitcoin as per status, but it would be hard for other coins to level on bitcoin for its value is geeting stronger and more stabilize coin than other coins. also more establishment are using bitcoin as a main coin for their transactions.

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:37:23 AM

I think it is possible, we never know what will happen tomorrow or next month, now many big projects from various companies and of course the main mission of the project is to be the best and beat bitcoin.
I will show my disagreement here because I know the value of the bitcoin is increasing and soon it will become the world’s most wanted currency because of the high price and the increasing value. It is the time to make bitcoin more powerful and to invest the best amount in the bitcoin so that no currency will be able to defeat the bitcoin.
Bitcoin is unique and no other crypto can replace it and you can see the impact of bitcoin in near future how much important it is and as talking about other crypto nobody knows about any other currency everybody wants to invest in bitcoin because it is progressing day by day and it will be the global currency soon and all the crypto industry is kid of bitcoin and is depending on it.

Nothing is guaranteed anything can happen in future and right now bitcoin is ruling the world and it has no threat in next few years too but we cannot have same feeling that it will be the same in future and there is high possibility that bitcoin may get replaced by some new and innovative currency in future and if the other currency has better value and better features then it will take no time for people to switch to that currency.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:43:41 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

This could happen and it has got fair probability of happening. The reason is altcoins are really cheap and people who started newly can invest easily into them and they are ignoring the bitcoin in the process. As the years will pass bitcoin prices will grow but the altcoins will stay stable and new altcoin will be there too, so people with less investment and who knows somemsmart big investors will prefer to invest into altcoins. This will not affect directly but it will start digging the basics of bitcoin and it will be threatened little bit in the future in terms of its value. Then alts. might be just getting closer to bitcoin and some of them may overcome its value. It's all about market cap, people's choice and hence that's really possible to take down the bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:37:45 AM

of course it can and is very possible, nowadays various coin projects are being made, many of them look good and are massively broadcasted to the public so I'm sure I can get a chance to replace bitcoin one day.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 04:10:54 AM

I think it will be very hard to replace the value of btc.

There are faster en better ways to send money now but btc still is number 1.

This shows the value that it has.

I'm not sure why people keep saying that there are faster ways to transact other than bitcoin. The real thing is bitcoin itself is stronger in terms of transaction, though there is time between confirmations but they are fastest one if you pay good amount of fees. In the real world the fees are touching the sky and no body cares about it when the transaction is process within 24 hours. But what about bitcoin transaction fees, they are ten to fifty times smaller than that and one could get the transaction solved in ten minutes to few hours. That's fast I guess and nothing can compete that.

There are development under taken and I'm hundred percent sure that this transaction stuff would going to be instant later on. Like peer to peer to instant. !

So just because of bitcoins transaction stuff it can't be really replaced by any other currency. ;-)

Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:49:59 AM

Many negative things and issues about bitcoin, but never seem to reduce the interest of bitcoin users, this is because bitcoin market share is the largest so that for the near future it is difficult to replace bitcoin with other coins.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

I think bitcoin cannot be replaced by a new crypto currency. Something that is stable and well managed thing cant be replaced by anything. It is stable and is now widely accepted so it cant be replaced.
Yeah everything has its own value and their own importance. Bitcoin is the most powerful currency and it is growing as much as the people getting into it. The worth and the value of the bitcoin will never be equal to the zero and no one can ever dare to replace the bitcoin. The price of the bitcoin is very high and it is still increasing more and more.

xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:41:56 PM

We will possibly see this in the future. Someday the fees will get too high or something else will happen and we will just have to "evolve".

Jedie22

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:48:11 AM

On my opinion, i would say yes its possible but it takes time to replaced the bitcoin as of now, because bitcoin today is very popular crypto currency. Maybe, there might be other crypto currency that will compete but i dont think it can replaced the bitcoin. I
alekad

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:03:32 AM

Why not..
Bitcoin now is the most spoken about and most discussed coin. I know many people who possess BTC bit no one who uses it.  For people who don't know anything about crypto world bitcoin is the only existing criptocurrency.
But imagine that one country or a blue chip from stock exchange decides to operate some coin ( e.g. zec, ltc...). This whale is currently buying this coin before any annoucment to the public. And when the news is revealed than everybody wants to buy it knowing than behind this particular coin there is a goverment or blue chip. All the media speaks about it and we have another bitcoin. The capitalization grows, with the gowth of capitalization it becomes difficult for one player to manipulate the price...the coin attracts more and more investors/users/developers.
We have a similat example with STR(Lumens) and its ptoject with IBM.
In the same manner I consider bitcoin as someone's great project.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:18:00 AM

It's depend on their need whenever they want to use what altcoin that support the project.
I think bitcoin become a general crypto currency that will be use for the future since their technology getting advance
So yes it's may happen !
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:37:21 AM

of course it can and is very possible, nowadays various coin projects are being made, many of them look good and are massively broadcasted to the public so I'm sure I can get a chance to replace bitcoin one day.

There are thousands of altcoins in existence now, and dozens of new ones are being listed every day. But the problem is that the basic concept behind many of them remains the same. They do not differ from Bitcoins in a big way. The concept of blockchains, wallets and transactions remain almost the same. So how can they replace Bitcoin?
tom101

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:44:08 AM

There is possibility that bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency because of the high transaction fee I think ETH slowly crawling to be number 1 crypto but bitcoin is the mother of all coins, well we don't know what will happen in the future,  could it be or not.
Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:44:21 AM

there is some possibilities that other coins in cryptocurrency would replace bitcoin as per status, but it would be hard for other coins to level on bitcoin for its value is geeting stronger and more stabilize coin than other coins. also more establishment are using bitcoin as a main coin for their transactions.

Yes I think bitcoin has gone far beyond altcoins both in value and status too. Bitcoin is yet to get to its brim and so will keep dominating for a very long time to come even if another it is to be replaced, it will be a very difficult task .
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:48:00 AM

Yes your right, bitcoin is a fast growing and very competitive but still there is possibilities to be replace by other coin. However, is just only a little chances to happen as we already know that bitcoin is having strong foundation since from existence. It totally depends on the community supporting crypto especially bitcoin, to change the trends of bitcoin and giving chances other coins to be on top.
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:17:52 AM

When we say replaced it means to change in position, and I think replacing bitcoin by another currency would not happen because there are many coins aside from bitcoin,like TBC,LTC,ETH and many more coin those coin is like bitcoin they have the same process with each other, there only difference is there value, talking about replacing bitcoin by another currency would just like a silly question, because many coin are establish after bitcoin and if is this true other coin before bitcoin will never been existing, and lastly maybe bitcoin will never exist in the last 8 years and it will never continue to have progress.

ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:24:44 PM

Yes your right, bitcoin is a fast growing and very competitive but still there is possibilities to be replace by other coin. However, is just only a little chances to happen as we already know that bitcoin is having strong foundation since from existence. It totally depends on the community supporting crypto especially bitcoin, to change the trends of bitcoin and giving chances other coins to be on top.
it's hard to compete with bitcoin, because the bitcoin has stood for long, until now, and now there are many coins that have sprung up but still can not compete with bitcoin.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

In my opinion, no other crypto currency can replaced or overcome the value and power of bitcoin, as we can see only ether is the next to the bitcoin but a very big difference in its curreny. It maybe ether has a potential but as long as bitcoin is alive and standing, it can never replace the bitcoin.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:51:52 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
No! I think it is not possible. I know that the bitcoin will be no.1 in the cryptocurrency. The bitcoin faced different challenges and all of it is surpassed by the bitcoin. I know that the bitcoin is a very strong cryptocurrency and there is no coin that can defeat bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: