Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
STRAKS

Activity: 103
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 12:33:23 AM

Most definitely could, although to be honest the momentum Bitcoin has had is difficult for any coin to compete with. While the tech is outdated people do see it as a good alternative to bank deposits, as it has better and more consistent ROI.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:38:20 AM

Most definitely could, although to be honest the momentum Bitcoin has had is difficult for any coin to compete with. While the tech is outdated people do see it as a good alternative to bank deposits, as it has better and more consistent ROI.

The thing is Bitcoin has and always will have the first-mover advantage. This is what is currently keeping it afloat. Without the first-move advantage it would be longgg gone by now. But also don't forget that many sites like Friendster and Myspace has the same advantages and failed in the long run and were overtaken by better companies, therefore if Bitcoin does not fix its problems quickly it could go down the same road that they did.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:48:08 AM

The thing is Bitcoin has and always will have the first-mover advantage. This is what is currently keeping it afloat. Without the first-move advantage it would be longgg gone by now. But also don't forget that many sites like Friendster and Myspace has the same advantages and failed in the long run and were overtaken by better companies, therefore if Bitcoin does not fix its problems quickly it could go down the same road that they did.
I am sorry but I disagree with you, many people said that ETH have the better feature than bitcoin, but why many countries are only accept bitcoin instead of ETH?. I think we cannot ignore that bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:52:55 AM

I am sorry but I disagree with you, many people said that ETH have the better feature than bitcoin, but why many countries are only accept bitcoin instead of ETH?. I think we cannot ignore that bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency.
Chances are there in the digital wolrd cryptocurrency plays an important role so along with bitcoin already we have coin like Ethereum that making sound already and also giving competition, so nobody knows what happens in the future.
pixelbtc

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:23:17 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

Maybe not and I hope it will not because if it will happen, it would be difficult for us to earn here.
grifter1870

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:25:57 AM

i think if there is a potential alt coin in the market, will brings bitcoin down, lol, but this is not gonna happen, since bitcoin is our friendly coin right now, bitcoin deserves to become as one of our future currency soon.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:41:37 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Anything can happen at this point but at the same time bitcoin is getting such a big support from investors and people around the world that the possibility that happens is in the low side, there is simply too much money in bitcoin and too many interests that want to make bitcoin a success that they are not going to let bitcoin fail and lose money as a result.
Imman Mariano

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:18:57 AM

Since the creation of Bitcoin, there have been hundreds of altcoins created that are supposed to be the next big cryptocurrency. The first one to gain any real success was Litecoin, and now we’ve seen the likes of Peercoin, Dogecoin, and others get their time to shine. While some of the newer variations of Bitcoin offer some interesting characteristics, it’s important to remember the power of Bitcoin’s position as the first cryptocurrency ever created. For a variety of reasons, Bitcoin is already halfway around the track as these new altcoins are just about to takeoff from the starting line.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:21:12 AM

I think I may have the design that will replace it potentially. However much of it still depends on work by some mathmaticians in the industry.
weeman

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:24:36 AM

While I highly doubt it, it is definitely possible for some other coin to overtake Bitcoin's position as the leading coin.

OAX (http://goo.gl/qzea5t) - MARKET INTEGRATION PLATFORM - ANN (http://goo.gl/h9ZJHW) - BOUNTY ANN (http://goo.gl/g1aMJU)
richlipkin

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:29:21 AM

Bitcoin has the first mover advantage and it's the reserve currency for most crypto trading. It's not losing its spot at the table anytime soon.
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:07:24 AM

there is a possibility to that, maybe in the future. Because there is a lot of different coins appearing in the market and that is  when the competitions starts to grow, maybe one of those will have the potential to overtake the popularity of bitcoin.

putrii

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:28:04 AM

it might happen if bitcoin is not very suitable for profit and too expensive, usually altcoin which will be its high price when bitcoin is invaluable.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:42:35 AM

it might happen if bitcoin is not very suitable for profit and too expensive, usually altcoin which will be its high price when bitcoin is invaluable.
I think No, because the popularity of bitcoin and trust of people on it worldwide no other crypto currency can replaced Bitcoin. Rising of its value is also a key factor that no other crypto currency can overtake it. There are many other crypto currency in market but they are not so popular and so trusty worldwide.
headie

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:50:28 AM

it might be possible but it is going to take a longer time, bitcoin is still doing well in market right now, so any coin that will take it place will have to be stronger than it and i dont think any coin can do that in the next 10 years
sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:28:06 AM

it might be possible but it is going to take a longer time, bitcoin is still doing well in market right now, so any coin that will take it place will have to be stronger than it and i dont think any coin can do that in the next 10 years

I also thought the same, now bitcoin become the strongest one.
The price is many time multiple compare with the other.
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:31:24 AM

it is still possible but surely there will be more years to come and itvwill be hard for fhat crypto to surpass Bitcoin for becoming the no.1 crypto since its market value is now more expensive than before and yet, it is still continuously rising. Bitcoin is becoming legal to more countries and it will make Bitcoin a more successful cryptocurrency in the future.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
samyang2x

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:36:26 AM

As of now i do not think of something that could surpass btc right now.Maybe some cryptos are doing good also they can never deny the fact that btc is strong.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

So many alternate coins that seems to have potential to follow bitcoin in the crypto world. But as long as bitcoin is still around, i don't think any digital currency can take bitcoin's shoes, IMO. So i just say they can follow but can not match or surpass bitcoin's market value and dominance in the cryptoworld.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:10:34 AM

Thingking that way even you dont know bitcoin that much is not really understandable well people talk about this way because they tend to criticize evrything even they dont realy know much about something. Nothing could replace bitcoin because it has a headstart of a years to grow than new cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: